Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that's a nice present for Mother's Day. I didn't care much about Yume and Mizuto's relationship chemistry this episode as it's still more or less the same as always.

On the other hand though, Akatsuki is quite bold with her personality. Maybe she should be more confident like her.
Aug 3, 2022 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
Mizuto was reading Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. LMAO... Well, at least, its light novel is better than its anime adaptation.
AkeZZZAug 3, 2022 5:59 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 3, 2022 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
Minami and Kawanami being childhood friends was pretty obvious but that childhood future essai was funny.
Still it's a surprise that other neighbours didn't complain with the noise the where making.

The best part of this episode where the flowers tho, and the reaction of their mother was intense she really like the fact that her children gave her something.
Aug 3, 2022 6:40 AM

Jan 2018
"Tsuki ga kirei" is a really powerful substitute on liking someone.

Too bad they're sibling atm unless if one of the parents get a divorce.

We'll see further development soon.
Aug 3, 2022 6:40 AM

May 2020
Fucking cliché.. like just have them fuck each other up because yeah that's the whole point of this series, and free everyone up from this misery.

Anymore and I'll faint away from the deficiency of minimum number of braincells required for the normal functioning of brain.
Aug 3, 2022 6:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Mother's day has arrived and Yume makes sure that Mizuto knows to get a present for their mum. (Also tantei wa mou shindeiru LN, I saw you!). He doesn't want to go shopping with her for one at first, but as a penalty of losing the non-normal sibling reaction game due to his reaction of Yume in her dress, he goes shopping with her for one.
They settle on a bunch of flowers for a gift in the end and she starts crying when she receives it lol.

In the LN, I remember her reaction being hugging Mizuto and leaving Yume out which made her feel jealous for a bit which is what I would have preferred to see here.

Yume sees Mizuto at the shrine of his dead mother in the house and supports him. (Again, this was very rushed in the anime and felt like a much more heartwarming scene or at least from what I could remember in the LN)
Mizuto proposes the idea that he and Yume go to a love hotel to give their parents some time for themselves as a present sinced they are newly married...
Of course Yume denies this and instead they settle on Mizuto staying over at Kawanami's and Yume staying at Minami's house.
The walls between Minami and Kawanami's houses are very thin and Kawanami shouts about Yume's oppai to enrage her...
Of course, Mizuto won't accept it and ties Kawanami up whilst he reads his embarassing childhood diary of wanting to marry Minami xD.
All four also end up at the same restaurant due to it being the regular choice of Kawanami and Minami.

Minami taught Yume the wrong way of using the drink bar and she told Mizuto her way also...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 3, 2022 7:03 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 3, 2022 6:54 AM
Oct 2019
did Mizuto reading Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru? lol

5 episodes in, where is the spices???
this is too wholesome...
Aug 3, 2022 7:05 AM
Jan 2020
this show really has good dialogues

incest oreigaru
Aug 3, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2021
Yume's stammering reaction to love hotel was priceless. On the other hand, there were a lot of teasing wars this episode. First with Yume and Irido and then those two teamed up against the childhood sweethearts. Fun to watch.

Aug 3, 2022 7:37 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah I think it's just a matter of when they're just going to get together, the romantic tension between them is apparent at this point that it's hilarious.

Also this may be a bit random but that balcony scene at the end of the episode strangly reminded me of the scene from Golden Time's balcony scene, I think that was episode 7 but yeah I was getting weird vibes lmao
Overall a pretty chill but good episode.

Aug 3, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2021
Nainu_ said:

Oh yeah, the anime with the same phrase for the title was great.
Aug 3, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
When I take a look back at both Mizuto and Yume's relationship growing from strangers to lovers (before all that stepsibling cringe), it was definitely the same type of wholesome I was expecting.

Mizuto reading Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru is definitely a reference that the LN is much better than the anime, and that's how he spends his Sunday rest days...only except if not for the interference of Yume being desperate to coerce over him. Anyways, shopping for a Mother's Day present leaves their mother extraordinarily happy, and Mizuto offering prayers to his deceased mother with Yume by his side, it's a solemn moment.

But more so, other than giving their own parents space at home, why not elope for the day staying overnight...except that you can't if you're underage, and manage to hide it with going to a love hotel...as a last resort. Instead, having both Minami and Kawanami as next-door neighbours does the service promptly, and I'd kid myself that they're childhood friends whom have nothing more in common than just that. A literal living hell on earth, and Kawanami sure is a joker, getting his karma cracked hard by Mizuto sure is sweet revenge.

A double dinner date at Saizeriya only cements their love-hate relationship...and Mizuto's blandness for not knowing how family restaurants work, that in turn got the sister fooled as well. Definitely a weird dinner that carries onto their own studies. The balcony scene which reminded them of their past stranger life, all that supports of their family life is just their stepsibling life from the former lovers life.

A chill episode for sure.
Aug 3, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
They actually did a great job with this episode, I liked this one much better than the last one.

They actually did like in the LN and started the episode with a flashback that only made the last scene even better.

And they even changed some stuff from the LN that made the episode even funnier.

Overall probably my favorite episode so far.
Aug 3, 2022 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
It was quite entertaining watching the four of them interact this episode. Need more episodes with this sort of stuff. Also Mizuto was reading tantei wa mou shindeiru.
Aug 3, 2022 8:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Back then Yume sure was pretty different. Well Yume isn't wrong in that its the sentiment that really counts. Damm that was a cunning one from Yume. Deciding on gifts is always tricky but the flowers was a great choice. Still it sure provoked a complicated moment for Mizuto though regarding his true mom. Hmm so Kawanami and Minami are next door neighbors huh. But Mizuto's punishment of Kawanami was damm hilarious. That wall must have some crack in it by this point though. The drink fountain proved to be an enlightening experience for the two. Must be nice to have a balcony though. Yume looked cute in the frog PJ's. But its interesting to see them wander whether they'll be able to get back together as a couple though. Overall a fun ep that while doing well to expand upon Minami and Kawanami's relationship via their past also did well to show that beneath the surface the feelings that Yume had may not be as one sided as she thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed Yume banging on the wall after the statement Kawanami made haha. She was super adorable there.

Man great episode. Really intriguing how their relationship will grow from here.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 3, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2022
Episode 5 was good, I really enjoyed it.....but did anybody noticed that Yume made the Jamaican Flag when she was making the beer
Aug 3, 2022 9:16 AM
Mar 2015
Even though the moon is beautiful and they have fond memories together they are step siblings for life Nice gifts to mom and dad
Aug 3, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2022
kawanami likes minami the plot

Aug 3, 2022 9:32 AM

Jun 2021
Kawanami and Mizuto both messing around and making the girls being embarased and punching the walls was hilarious. Mizuto describing Kawanami's middle school fantasies and him screaming from it reminds me of Oreshura. Remember Burning Fighting Fighter?

The dinner double date was quite adorable. Both Mizuto-Yume and Kawanami-Minami are so in sync with each other. Both ex-couples still have lingering feelings towards each other even now.
Aug 3, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
Lmao, they always can make something up to create a date.
That said, this episode had me rolling, it was soo fucking funny, specially that Kawanami text: "I can marry Akatsuki-chan and always keep her safe"
That was hard to watch(In a good way.).

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Aug 3, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
Decent episode overall.

The Yume's boobs part and police officer part was funny af.

Liked the recreation of that night scene with moon from the beginning of the episode at the end.

Other than that nothing special. 4/5 episode.

TsutanaiFuunAug 3, 2022 10:17 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 3, 2022 10:36 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yume manages to make Mizuto go buy the mother's day gift and after delivering the gift he will say a prayer for his late mother
Aug 3, 2022 11:02 AM
Mar 2022
This show is so entertaining. 8/10 episode
Aug 3, 2022 11:07 AM
Apr 2021
i keep losing more n more braincells as this story goes on, also the guys essay was funny lol
Aug 3, 2022 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
Ooh a Natsume Soseki reference. They handled the transition from drama to comedy well on this episode.

Love the way they change the names of the drinks. It's like they're in another dimension or something.

Bit surprised that Akatsuki didn't pull anything. Speaking of Akatsuki, I guess since she was with Kawanami all that time her love for him grew into a hardcore obsession. Good thing Yume has only known for a while. But that can change.
Aug 3, 2022 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
Rem4lifexD said:

In the LN, I remember her reaction being hugging Mizuto and leaving Yume out which made her feel jealous for a bit which is what I would have preferred to see here.

Yume sees Mizuto at the shrine of his dead mother in the house and supports him. (Again, this was very rushed in the anime and felt like a much more heartwarming scene or at least from what I could remember in the LN)

Looking forward to the next episode!

I would've preferred it, too. I wonder if they'll skip the "changing seats" chapter. I'm reading the web novel so it does kinda feel rushed in the anime. But then again they have a quite a bit of monologue about how Mizuto feels about not having his mother and how supportive Yume was.
Aug 3, 2022 12:05 PM
May 2022
Y'all think there is something gonna happen between them?
Aug 3, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was rather wholesome and had plenty of funny moments that I liked, mostly all thanks to Mizuto and Yume staying with Kawanami and Minami's place respectively. The best part was Kawanami and Mizuto each shouting the other's embarrassing moments which made both girls lose their cool respectively.

Seriously, they might deny it, but I think both Kawanami and Minami like each other more than they're willing to ever admit. XD

I liked the casual chat that Mizuto and Yume had on the balcony at the end of the episode, reminiscing about the time they first talked to each other during a field trip. Bonus points for Minami for successfully making Yume wear a cute frog onesie. =3
Aug 3, 2022 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
The episode was mature and even though it had the goofiness i still liked it, and the mothers day present was sweet as well
Aug 3, 2022 1:00 PM

Feb 2019
Nah Yume and Akatsuki banging on the walls when the boys were talking loud had me dying lmao. People said this was wholesome but no way they stay platonic all the way.

Also Mizuto was reading Tanmoshi lmao
Aug 3, 2022 1:36 PM

Aug 2021
fav episode so far, literally so funny
Aug 3, 2022 1:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just gonna come out and say it: to me, this sh*t low-key kind of slaps. So far it's just been fun and quite wholesome actually without getting too weird. Against all odds with a title like this one, this is actually not half bad imho.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 3, 2022 2:05 PM

Apr 2021
MadanielFL said:
They actually did a great job with this episode, I liked this one much better than the last one.
They actually did like in the LN and started the episode with a flashback that only made the last scene even better.
And they even changed some stuff from the LN that made the episode even funnier.
Overall probably my favorite episode so far.

I felt it was quite rushed personally. Particularly the first part during Mother's day which was a lot shortened compared to the LN and miss a lot of inner thoughts and dialogs. The scene of the altar is probably a good example of everything you need to avoid when adapting a book.
I found the adaptation quite lazy until now, focusing on the wannabe-funny parts and seduction games without digging any deeper. I guess they want to reach volume 4 in 12 episodes.
Aug 3, 2022 2:26 PM
Jun 2019
A pretty good episode; I'll say the best one so far. It was quite funny at times and wholesome too, especially at the end when they just talked and reminisced about the past.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 3, 2022 2:30 PM

Jun 2021
They will be a couple again 100%, they love each other so much
Aug 3, 2022 2:37 PM
May 2020
Minami and Kawanami are two peas in a pod
Aug 3, 2022 2:47 PM

Sep 2020
The part where they the girls hitting the wall are so funny, also Yume in that suit is really cute.
Aug 3, 2022 3:34 PM

Jan 2022
Why is extra cheese more expensive than the actual pizza?? As soon was I saw Yume stand behind Mizuto I knew she was going to mix the sodas, but why are the sodas layered and not mixed?? In the translation when Yume was outside, shouldn't they have used "gasping" and not "gaping"? I hope the picture shows up. I've never used BBcode
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 3, 2022 3:40 PM

May 2019
Good episode overall. Seems like Yume knows how to convince Mizuto to go out with her for Mother's Day shopping by wearing that nice outfit. Didn't know that Kogure and Akatsuki lived next to each other and were childhood friends, but I knew that they had possibly dated as Kogure had confirmed he had to be hospitalized in a previous episode. I'm not sure if Akatsuki's intention is only to just spend more time with Yume or maybe wants to make Kogure jealous by cuddling up to Mizuto?? I'm referring to the restaurant scene where towards the end she asks Mizuto for help studying but in a flirtatious way. Looking forward to see what happens next!
Aug 3, 2022 3:42 PM

May 2019
cooldogmom said:
Why is extra cheese more expensive than the actual pizza?? As soon was I saw Yume stand behind Mizuto I knew she was going to mix the sodas, but why are the sodas layered and not mixed?? In the translation when Yume was outside, shouldn't they have used "gasping" and not "gaping"? I hope the picture shows up. I've never used BBcode

Picture showed up fine but damn that's a hilarious typo!
Aug 3, 2022 4:00 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty fun watching them all hang out together for first time. Loudly talking inappropriate shit is a classic highschool meme.
Aug 3, 2022 4:16 PM
Jun 2022
Lol, that one scene(right after the opening) where it showed his light novel. 'The detective is already dead' lol.
Aug 3, 2022 6:25 PM

Apr 2020
Alright in order to give their parents' time for themselves (aka time for you-know-what) our dorky ex-lovers went away to stay in their osananajimi friends, and wow the result was funny as hell.
Aug 3, 2022 6:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
First of all, I noticed that “The Detective is Already Dead” LN at the beginning, I’m glad to have finally recognized one lol. And this episode was great, I really enjoyed the antics between the girls and guys. Kawanami and Minami had some especially great moments too, and I loved the bit where Mizuto and Kawanami were shouting stuff across the wall to get the girls flustered lol.

And seeing how happy their mom was when she got the flowers was really wholesome, I was kinda hoping she’d be more involved in the show giving the title of the anime but it was nice to see her here.
Aug 3, 2022 6:52 PM

Feb 2019
After I read the title of this show I thought that I would be skipping it after 3 episodes but it turned out to be good
Aug 3, 2022 6:59 PM
Jun 2022
cute episode. They had fun with friends and bought a gift for mom. Wholesome and interesting
Aug 3, 2022 7:42 PM
Jul 2022
This is a pretty decent/average show but I feel like nothing is really happening. I’m dropping it after 5 episodes.
Aug 3, 2022 9:01 PM

May 2012
Nainu_ said:

I mean being step siblings in this case isn't exactly damning? Nothing illegal or even immoral about it. This kinda runs exactly on the course of KissXSis, kids dating prior to their parents even knowing eachother, if anything it's the parents who are in the red flag area.

Yeah yeah convenient for the plot to act like it's taboo.
Aug 3, 2022 9:01 PM

May 2012
miles333 said:
This is a pretty decent/average show but I feel like nothing is really happening. I’m dropping it after 5 episodes.

It's in your favorites?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A question for the Light Novel readers

ArashikageX - Yesterday

16 by Ninjanime »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.