Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Basilisk
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2010 6:39 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised Hotarubi was killed so easily and without taking Saemon with her. She essentially fell for the same trick twice, not to mention her pet snake wasn't even fooled the first time.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Oct 12, 2010 4:36 PM

Oct 2008
Now Hotarubi and Yashamaru can reunite. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 13, 2011 2:15 AM

Mar 2009
Well, despite saying she wouldn't be fooled again, Hotarubi was and that caused her to die.
Feb 6, 2013 4:03 AM

Jan 2012
Hotarubi is so pathetic, to be fooled like that all over again...

Aug 1, 2013 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
I, too, didn't expect her to fall for the same trick twice, but after all this anime is quite realistic in terms of how things go in war - in your everyday anime one character wouldn't be fooled twice, because "it wouldn't be much fun", but this isn't the case with Basilisk from the very beginning.

<3 for the original ending
Oct 5, 2013 1:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hotarubi's death was quite sad. Saemon really fooled her good. She was the prettiest of all the shinobi.

Tenzen is the only one of the lot who feels truly evil. I hope he can't do what I think he's gonna do to Oboro.

Who does that eagle belong too?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 30, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
Marzan said:
Hotarubi's death was quite sad. Saemon really fooled her good. She was the prettiest of all the shinobi.

Tenzen is the only one of the lot who feels truly evil. I hope he can't do what I think he's gonna do to Oboro.

Who does that eagle belong too?

I cant say what he is going to try to do to her yet not until next episode but other then that good episode though
Apr 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
Nope, Kagerou is the prettiest imo ^^
Apr 19, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
Hotarubi's death was disturbing. I can feel bad intentions of Tenzen
May 11, 2014 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
Marzan said:
Tenzen is the only one of the lot who feels truly evil.

I was just thinking that. At first the Iga were depicted as despicable, but each episode has the viewer sympathizing with them more and more...

It's just like in real life. There's no "good" or "evil" factions. Just two factions destined as enemies, unable to understand each other. It's quite sad, really...

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 16, 2015 12:27 AM

Sep 2014
Hotarubi :(

If Tenzen ends up raping Oboro I'm going to rage
May 27, 2015 7:31 AM

Oct 2014
Goodbye Hotarubi, you were actually a pretty good character, one of the only ones I really liked on the Iga side. 5 v 5 now.

Tenzen what are you doing, come on... I feel like he's going to rape/kill/hurt her in some way. Someone's going to die soon, and it might even be Iga turning on Iga. That guy is the true scumbag of the Iga group (only hair guy comes close, and even then Tenzen beats him out).
Jun 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Hotarubu, we are finally down to even teams for the Kouga and Iga.
Sep 29, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
Good way to end fight,nice cut.

Sep 7, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
Tenzen seems to be the real bastard of the show.
Jan 5, 2017 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
fedaykin said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised Hotarubi was killed so easily and without taking Saemon with her. She essentially fell for the same trick twice, not to mention her pet snake wasn't even fooled the first time.

Actually her snake died after it poisoned Gennousuke's eyes.

Tenzen better not hurt Oboro or I'm gonna riot. Oboro is a precious cinnamon roll

Mar 8, 2017 1:47 PM
Aug 2014
Saemon is quite the sadist. Coming upon Hotorubi who he injured herself he first brings her the joyous news that he killed everyone; then he tells her Saemon (who murdered her lover) got away before revealing that he is Saemon and easily killing her.
Sep 30, 2023 1:17 PM

Dec 2022
Guess Hotarubi knows how Shougen felt now.

Not sure if Oboro will be raped or not. This anime has only shown attempted rape so far, from an archetypical old pervert type character. Tenzen doesn't seem the lustful sort, but maybe there's another side to him. Doubt trying that on the Iga successor would endear him to the Iga though.

This anime isn't as morally grey as a few of the above users are making it out to be. Aside from Oboro, the Iga shown so far are indeed evil. They are the clan that started the conflict and killed the Kouga unprovoked for a completely banal reason, and the Kouga are only retaliating against the Iga for what they've done. There are anime out there that make both sides of a clash have their own blemishes, but so far, this isn't one of them. Nothing wrong with a black/white story of course, but painting this as grey/grey is absurd. The Kouga would have to begin targeting innocent Iga civilians or associates who haven't been involved in the conflict for any change to occur in that narrative framework.
Archean-ReturnSep 30, 2023 1:22 PM

Shaded Horizon

Jan 1, 3:35 PM

Nov 2019
Saemon is devious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 17 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

18 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 16 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 14, 2009

24 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 15 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

15 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Oct 12, 2010

28 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 7, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 13, 2009

23 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 6, 3:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.