Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
The first season aired a few years ago but this felt like it yesterday when we have the familiar cast back again. Got some fan service right off that bat too lol

Feels like not much changed about this show yet but it does have a much more lighthearted mood compared to the tense feeling I remember from season 1's first episode. While it's cool to see Kiyotaka and Suzune back, I also thought it was neat to see characters like Kei, and she got a lot more screen time than I had expected. Wonder what Kiyotaka's goal is this season.

Jul 2017
THE RETURN OF CLASSROOM OF THE ELITE, 5 WHOLE YEARS since Summer 2017's debut! As much as I loved Season 1, the adaptation sadly butchered Shougo Kinugasa's LN. Hopefully with this and Season 3 (which completes the entire 1st Year Arc), LN readers can be vindicated that it'll be finally adapted properly.

ZAQ's 2nd OP 'Dance In The Game' is just as good as a banger, though inferior to 'Caste Room', but I don't mind it at all. Mai Fuchigami's ED...is definitely a step down from Minami's 'Beautiful Soldier'.

The continuation into adapting Volume 4 of the LN (that Season 1 only covered partially), and Class 1-D is the same as its ever been with Ayanokouji and the rest. Next on the list is the special test: the VIP Exam of 8 planets of the solar system (rather than the LN's 12 zodiacs), but the people involved has been kept the same to scout out each of the group's VIP. Answer correctly and your social points gets added, along with your class if the circumstances are right. The many cases are confusing at first, and you need a high IQ to understand the T&Cs of the rules, but the 4 outcomes are very clear.

The VIP Exam begins, and everyone weighs their options wisely. Of course, Class 1-C hasn't forgotten the deserted island test with Mio being exposed by Horikita in Season 1, and Kakeru Ryuen is at the forefront of their charge. Other than that, Ayanokouji, Mio and Kei in the same Mars group, and Kei takes initative to be the moderator in the circumstance that everyone doesn't want to talk, if not for the breaking of ice that depends on the class's dynamics. It's obvious that Class 1-A's Katsuragi is playing the game as safe as possible to further the class's lead, but who's to know if who's the VIP or not, but to further discussion if it warrants based on the class.

Kei Karuizawa definitely is already getting the spotlight more, and the cliffhanger might suggest more under the cheerful facade of her happiness.

To anime-onlies, prepare more for the waifu pandering as 'Best Girl' switches from Suzune Horikita to someone more prevalent...the secret holds (it's already shown somewhere so no spoilers!)

Just crossing my fingers that the 2 seasons now will properly cover all of the remaining 1st Year Arc.
KANLen09Jul 5, 2022 5:49 AM

May 2020
Back after exactly 5 years, and considering there’s a third season already in the production, a full scale adaptation of the first year arc is the most obvious conclusion to draw. Characters are back, Ayanokouji is back with that same old flare, and an all-exclusive anime only apathetic personality.

Diving straight into the lore of volume 4, and yes they didn’t even bother showing us anything but all-important instructions of the special exam, ‘VIP Exam’, also given those massive changes in the very first season itself, they changed the group's name from 12 zodiac signs to the 8 planet's name lol. Well can’t blame really as there were supposed to be 40 students instead of 25 we’ve here. Anyways atleast the group members aren’t changed lol, though the possibility of even that happening down the line isn’t exactly zero.

Going by the pacing seems like they’ll wrap up this arc the very next episode itself, man like 5 years and still this, come on. Anyways, nothing can be done, so it’s better to just sit back and watch whatever they’re presenting.
Jul 4, 2022 5:49 AM
Aug 2021
nothing much to say literally this show is nothing but cool
Jul 4, 2022 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
Where are you people even watching the series?
AishaBiJul 4, 2022 6:16 AM
Jul 4, 2022 6:01 AM
Apr 2021
how I watched this anime plss tell me 🙂
Jul 4, 2022 6:01 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, cant believe this and devil is a part timer are back. Really gives hope for other series like NGNL
Jul 4, 2022 6:19 AM
Aug 2016
This anime so sh!t rate it to 5/10 from that 7/10 guys
Jul 4, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2021
It was an ok first episode but I see a lot of LN readers complaining regarding the changes which I don't know what are
Life sucks
Jul 4, 2022 6:23 AM

Apr 2020
The first thing that popped up to mind when I saw what the special exam is, is the game called Assassins, where there's 2 assassins and they need to k*ll all the townsmen while the townsmen goal is to find who the assassins are.
Jul 4, 2022 6:25 AM

Jul 2021
I'm going to struggle here because I've only read the 1st Volume of the LN and there is quite of a Kei's exposition though Suzune was still prevalent while in the anime form, I'm more familiar with Suzune's way of thinking so yeah going to be something I need to get used to since there are some bullying problems that this Kei girl has to deal with :S But anyways the stage moved to group battle on a luxurious cruise ship and eventually all students from A-Class to D-Class were divided into 12 groups named after 12 zodiac signs, each group has to discover a "VIP" person that exists within other groups, and the group meeting was SO BIG BRAIN like legit they just proceed just to explain all the rules and 4 outcomes so bluntly bruh but the probability of the exam is stable to stay the least. And aside that, I LOVE THE OP though because of the symbolism and ED is full of butterflies~ but this premiere is rather... meh.. there was so much content being sprouted here and Kei becoming the main girl got me confused all of the sudden, IDK what will Suzune be useful for if she were to have less screentime, as some acknowledgment for Ayanokouji would be nice for herself to improve on herself in the future.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 4, 2022 6:26 AM

Oct 2017
Finally classroom of the elite is back and this was a great way to start the season. Starting with another exam and this one is quite confusing. Specially Ayanokouji's group is in quite a bad situation. Also seems like something's up with Kei, what happened?

Glad to have this anime back and I'm really looking forward to more.
Jul 4, 2022 6:29 AM
Jan 2021
ZeroAXL said:

What a nice review bro, you went into the depths with your reasons👏👏
Jul 4, 2022 6:30 AM
May 2019
Well that was a..... Disaster ep 1

Too many skipped. They changed even the zodiac exam
Jul 4, 2022 6:33 AM

Apr 2018
That cliffhanger though....
Jul 4, 2022 6:33 AM
Dec 2020
they changed the anime AGAIN!? how many time the producer need to learn? I now just lost hope the adaptation will be good throughout season 2 and upcoming season 3, because as we can see right for the start, the first episode already trash.. ugh
Jul 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Nov 2020
Oh no, rushed and stuff changed yet again. :(
Jul 4, 2022 6:35 AM
Oct 2019
Kinda disappointed some details from the LN are changed, but still an overall good first episode.

Looking forward to the rest of season 2.
Jul 4, 2022 6:36 AM
May 2021
AishaBi said:

Muse Asia YouTube Channel
Jul 4, 2022 6:36 AM

Apr 2021
AishaBi said:
it's officially on YouTube
Jul 4, 2022 6:37 AM

Sep 2017
Am I the only one who felt like this was some kind of 100000mph speedrun?
Dec 2020
Episode 1 was pretty good, I am no LN reader but I can sense pacing was fast.

Just a few minutes away, and LN readers will probably be shitting on this show in the whole thread. This discussion is going to get spicy in few hours. LOL!!!
Jan 2022
ZeroAXL said:

i understand, deformed brain can't be utilised to understand this anime
Jul 4, 2022 6:38 AM

Apr 2020
For me it was only for a week, but for the true OGS its been 5 years or so, and now that S2 is finally here, together we feast. And even after all these years, they're still on the cruise ship having a "vacation".

Now if Im being honest, I will have to rewatch the episode to get this new test they're doing, but from what I can gather is that it's basically Among Us with extra stakes. And for our boy Ayanokouji, this is gpnna be a very interesting test.

So I didn't expect that Karuizawa is gonna have a bigger role this time around, and something tells me its not gonna be just a simple boost of screen time. And the way she glances to Koji from Class A....now we didn't get quite a lot of it in S1, but when it comes to unsettling scenes, I will say I do not prefer having it but it's for the best to prepare for it, that's all.

Excited for the thrills, the chills, and the madness to come!

Apr 2018
mshfqtny said:
AishaBi said:

Isn't it exclusively SEA?
Jan 2022
lol people were spoiling ln in live chat 😂

May 2021
I didn't like this ep tbh
Jul 4, 2022 6:40 AM

May 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Back after exactly 5 years, and considering there’s a third season already in the production, a full scale adaptation of the first year arc is the most obvious conclusion to draw. Characters are back, Ayanokouji is back with that same old flare, and an all-exclusive anime only apathetic personality.

Diving straight into the lore of volume 4, and yes they didn’t even bother showing us anything but all-important instructions of the special exam, ‘VIP Exam’, also given those massive changes in the very first season itself, they changed the group's name from 12 zodiac signs to the 8 planet's name lol. Well can’t blame really as there were supposed to be 40 students instead of 25 we’ve here. Anyways atleast the group members aren’t changed lol, though the possibility of even that happening down the line isn’t exactly zero.

Going by the pacing seems like they’ll wrap up this arc the very next episode itself, man like 5 years and still this, come on. Anyways, nothing can be done, so it’s better to just sit back and watch whatever they’re presenting.

I hope it's 3 EPs per volume oh god, already ending vol 4 next ep is too fast
Jul 4, 2022 6:40 AM
Jul 2012
Ignore the anime and read the LN.
Jul 4, 2022 6:41 AM
Dec 2021
Ah yes cliffhanger noooo!!!

Back at the time when I randomly find Classroom of the Elite on Muse Malaysia YouTube Channel and get desired to watch the Anime, surprisedly it's really enjoyable Anime, I love the concept like solved mystery games but in real action, mind blowing thing is everywhere, that's why it's so enjoyable...

Okay now back at this Anime, Classroom of the Elite S2 or I called Youzitsu S2 for some reason and yeah the first episode is really cool, and I realize the graphic is improved, this is first episode and no something special or mind blowing, it's normal, it's just started, cliffhanger on this eps mean there is something good or special happening in future eps, I totally understanding...

About the OP and ED song, it's really catchy, seriously a nice song, but I give it 8/10 maybe for the OP and ED song, gonna give 10/10 if the OP or ED song make me obsessed to repeat the song many time...

Finally, I really loved the first eps for real, give it 10/10 hahah!!
Jul 4, 2022 6:41 AM

May 2022
10/10 for Kei bath scene, baby!

The adaptation is good, the pacing is well done. I thought it would be rushed even more. But this is ok.

The character looks good too. The exam got simplified, and it got easier to understand for non-LN readers.
Jul 4, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2021
sonu711 said:
I didn't like this ep tbh
yeah the explanation was kinda vague, though it doesn't matter much for me.

I would've been more happy if they started the episode with kei's POV
Jul 4, 2022 6:43 AM

May 2020
Great_Vegetables said:
Softhenic03 said:

I hope it's 3 EPs per volume oh god, already ending vol 4 next ep is too fast
I would've hoped the same too, but judging by this super express pacing it's looking they really do want to wrap it up the next episode.
Jul 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Sep 2021
it feels good that cote is back, though it took 5 years. at least it came unlike some shows. the s1 end made me instantly like it. I even started with the ln, read first 7 chap but couldn't continue. so, its good s2 came right in time. i also hope this season doesn't have any major changes from the ln.

well now talking about the ep, though i got most of the part, the first episode kinda went above my head. the end with karuizawa crying left me baffled. also that look when machida helped her was kinda suspicious. looking forward to the next one.

edit: just rewatched, understood better, the rules and all. lets see how this unfolds.
garychandJul 4, 2022 7:09 AM
Jul 4, 2022 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
And we are back!!
My god glad i only have to wait a few months...

They waste no time just right into another exam.
Lmao they playing Among Us?
Bruhh 🤣

Aug 2021
good first episode but the pacing was fast but then again this happen last season with the first episode being fast with the next episodes being slower so maybe it's the same this time too. Although, they only skipped the boring parts/filler talks, I think

Just mad that they changed Zodiac Exam to Planet Exam
Aug 2020
Dont really care if they change the zodiac as long they still explain how to determine the vip someway, its just the pacing was weirdly fast😫
Jul 2020
this anime is more intense i really like it the first op theme this is what we have all been waiting for
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM
Oct 2021
Its a direct continuation from S1's ending, like super direct, so not really much to add. The new test thing was kind of complicated at first but i kinda understood later on. So yeah that's all i guess. Ayanokouji made me feel gay. I want Horikita to step on me. Karuizawa is cute and i know she's important this season so very excited to see more of her and how Episode 2 plays out. The ED was pretty good but the OP was fantastic. 5/5 very waku waku
Jul 4, 2022 6:50 AM

Apr 2021
So we jump right into the story!!! And it's good to see the cast again.The new exam's kinda complicated but still it's interesting and I can't wait to see how all this turns out.This was a good episode!!
Jul 4, 2022 6:52 AM
May 2013
I see a lot of people complaining about this change from Zodiac Signs to Planets. So uhm... without spoiling, does this matter to the story?
Jul 4, 2022 6:52 AM
Mar 2022
good first episode. kinda disappointed the pacing was fast but still interesting.
Kenji_3Jul 4, 2022 6:57 AM
Jul 4, 2022 6:53 AM
Apr 2021
There are some changes from the LN, the most obvious change is there are only 8 "planet groups" instead of 12 "chinese zodiac groups". If you are LN reader, the pattern to find the VIP is still the same so I don't really mind it. As for the pacing I think it is still okay.
Jul 4, 2022 6:54 AM

Jan 2021
Was a very fast paced episode. They really dove right into it
Apr 2022
Tbh alot of voice actors changed but its still pretty okay.

Though the op and ed is 🔥.
Jul 2018
Confusing, my head hurts. I'm dumb
Jul 4, 2022 6:55 AM

Jan 2021
Felt a bit off this episode, so much info blasted on the screen made me a bit overwhelmed, this wasn't a killer start but it was not too bad, very solid so far though and the skipped content doesn't bother me as much because it wasn't that big.
LoreMasterDanJul 4, 2022 7:13 AM
Jul 4, 2022 6:56 AM
Dec 2020
beam2546 said:
mshfqtny said:

Isn't it exclusively SEA?

iirc it is

SEA exclusive
Jul 4, 2022 6:56 AM
Oct 2021
AishaBi said:

Search Musa Asia in Youtube
Jul 4, 2022 6:57 AM
Dec 2020
OK episode,introduced the test make it understandable
Set up a plot point
A solod start
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

836 by Alex_TheForest »»
Yesterday, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

278 by Alex_TheForest »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2022

271 by Alex_TheForest »»
Yesterday, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

338 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 27, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

241 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 22, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.