Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2022 1:45 PM
Nov 2020
i kinda like this kind of comedy, can't wait for episode 2
Jul 6, 2022 2:11 AM

Oct 2014
Damn that's tiring.
No, the show is fun. It's just pretty tiring.

The general form of the series itself is standard, manzai comedy and all, but the script and soundwork in this series... top stuff! The dialogue between scenes and lines flow, and with the soundwork bgm and stuff, it's almost like it's rap. and bcs the format is scenes within scenes within one big scene, it feels continuous and flowing.

There are 2 glaring problems, tho:
1) Too much character intros this episode. Ah well, this will get solved as we get to know them, I guess? Typical idol show.
2) These seiyuus are good, but they can't... what do I say? carry the show? when needed. I mean: these are the standard Bushi names. They're good, I know their other works. But for this type you need the big listers. The top seiyuu whose ability to improvise and carry a scene in a comedy show have been proven.
Like really: the soundwork from the studio people saved their performance. These seiyuus are just trying to deliver the lines and end up screaming with no comedic value. I get that they're busy with the accent and all, and they did really well there (or maybe it's just their natural). It's just... yeah, we need dem funny voices here. not just the standard bokke => tsukkomi delivery.

At least for now this show looks like a fun watch. Doubt it will be anything more, but... we'll see.
Jul 6, 2022 3:43 AM
Dec 2019
So...this was a comedy????
Jul 6, 2022 3:18 PM

Oct 2016
A comedy show about girls who are comedians that was horribly unfunny.

To me anyway. I can see what they were going for, enough that I can believe that someone would like this, and if that someone is you then that's OK. But to me it seemed all that was here was the theory of how to make something funny, not the actual substance. Maybe focusing solely on the main group of girls would've been better?
Trying out (almost) every anime that airs each season since 2018.
Jul 6, 2022 11:57 PM
Aug 2018
Decent OP, but man, I felt asleep.
Too boring.
Jul 8, 2022 3:32 AM
Oct 2017
It is basically Seiyuu(voice actor) project(or said media mix in japan) anime.
You should better know about OPENREC and BUSHIROAD Seiyuu Before watch Teppen.

in Anime
Sakuga and story is not good at all.
and i expect its Animation Error in soon.

But it is enough to make me enjoy :D with include ohter contents
also OP ED is fantastic

So it is OK
Jul 10, 2022 2:21 AM

Nov 2012
Character designs are cool, I like them, story was not the best but I can stand it

My Candies:

Jul 13, 2022 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
Weird, not that funny, and they won't even air episode 2.....I'm out.
Jul 15, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2021
Machine_of_Ice said:

To me anyway. I can see what they were going for, enough that I can believe that someone would like this, and if that someone is you then that's OK. But to me it seemed all that was here was the theory of how to make something funny, not the actual substance. Maybe focusing solely on the main group of girls would've been better?

It's cultural differences dude. Humor is very contextual.
Jul 15, 2022 11:56 AM

Oct 2016
daiotaku said:
Machine_of_Ice said:

It's cultural differences dude. Humor is very contextual.

Indeed. Maybe this style of humor just isn't brought to anime very often, since I complete and enjoy most comedies airing each season, even without the context of a full understanding of Japanese culture. Even among ones I drop it's rare I find something I think is actively unfunny like this. Probably just isn't for me, or maybe after understanding the context later I can come back to this and understand what it's going for more. I didn't hate this show or anything, just thought it was unfunny (likely for contextual reasons as you stated) and didn't find anything else interesting enough to stick around. I'll check out the forums for the other episodes and see if that changes my mind though.
Trying out (almost) every anime that airs each season since 2018.
Jul 16, 2022 4:33 AM
Mar 2012
First half very meh, from flashback onward was kinda great fun.
Usually huge cast got sameface issue, but here lots of unique face & hair designs.
Celebri-Tea (great name btw) and aliens were fun. Waiwai & statue plot escalated nicely.
Trippy rap OP. fear cultural jokes will miss completely, on the fence...
Aug 10, 2022 5:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's not bad, sure there are a lot of different characters so I hope it won't be difficult to remember them but I already liked the main duo's story with the beheaded golden statue lol poor muscular guy he'll have a hard time with all these girls
Sep 4, 2022 11:09 PM

Nov 2019
UNFUNNY

So many characters thrown in at the first episode bruh

DROPPED 1/10
Sep 12, 2022 12:54 PM
Jan 2019
I thought it was fine. It had funny moments. I looked forward to seeing how it played out, then world events deleted the second episode. I'm not willing to skip, so that's that for now.
Sep 13, 2022 6:05 AM

Oct 2018
Not really funny but not boring either. Character designs are the biggest selling point so far. Might come back to this although it's mainly going to be because of
Sep 25, 2022 3:02 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Hmm, I guess I'm a little more interested in the process they take to create their skits (like with Maesetsu!) and not just gag comedy with being a comedy group as the premise. Noting for myself that I watched a bit, but I think I'll pass for now at least. The characters do seem fun, but it's just not for me right now.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 14, 2022 3:13 AM

Jun 2012
The shows a bit more funny when you understand the jokes. It helps to know Japananese folk lore, prefectural history/customs, and other random tidbits. Some examples.

-Their group name, Young Wai-Wai, is a direct reference to Seiyu Sanshimai Team Y, a 3-person seiyu group. Their character colors match the colors of the girls IRL. 2 of the girls voice characters in Bang Dream and they all have roots going back to Milky Holmes (hence bushidoroads involvement)

-The crane bit with Yayoi is referencing folklore. In the story a crane is saved by a man who later appears at his door saying shes his wife. He eventually finds out shes the crane that he saved. She says because he found out she was the crane she must leave and never return.

-They mention that the apartment name was chosen because "Tokiwa-so was already taken." Tokiwa-so is famous because it housed many famous mangaka during their early careers.

-"The mad scientist always only attacks Tokyo" because Tokyo is what always gets attacked in the movies.

-The Ibaraki bit is a reference to a popular JP drama called Mito Komon. It's the longest running drama in JP history.

-Each group has characters from a different region of Japan. The background of their introduction cards has images of food/landmarks commonly found in the region they live in, as well as their accents. Every group consists of girls from the same region except for Young Wai-Wai.

IMO I think this is a show MUCH more suited for fansubs. A show like this would benefit from TL notes to give a little context to the jokes. Definitely an anime made specially for the Japanese.
KoshiiOct 14, 2022 3:25 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

17 by budakr »»
Dec 19, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

15 by qit1 »»
Nov 11, 2022 9:18 AM

Poll: » Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 20, 2022

17 by qit1 »»
Nov 11, 2022 8:46 AM

Poll: » Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2022

15 by qit1 »»
Nov 11, 2022 7:49 AM

» Do you think it's funny?

Wave-kun - Jul 25, 2022

24 by mumun »»
Sep 30, 2022 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.