Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2022 11:08 PM

May 2020
Yveltal1612 said:
Not sure if it counts but: Oregairu, especially S2, would be better without Iroha Isshiki.

i think this is fine, but s3 no way it would be better without her
Jun 29, 2022 11:14 PM

Jan 2018
Writer of the Monogatari series is a coomer
Jun 29, 2022 11:20 PM

Mar 2022
one piece is the best piece of fiction in existence and nothing can top it, not an anime, not an irl series, not a manga, nothing.

death note offers nothing other than sudden plot twists which can amaze u for some time but actually is a forgettable one time watch somewhat mid anime. its a joke on the "psychological" genre which is my favorite.

your lie in april is garbage.

given is better than 99% of the slice of life ever and my 3rd fav slice of life.

one punch man's "gags" are unfunny (since when r*pe(pupuri prisoner) is funny?, king's "i am sorry" is hella annoying, he is a piece of trash, saitama's behaviour is very annoying.)

re zero is the best isekai

i am not gonna reply on these if someone tags me.
Jun 29, 2022 11:26 PM

Jan 2018
-FALSE said:
Satyr_icon said:
I liked Bake and a few other seasons from Monogatari, but yeah, if you cringed at it then you'd better avoid Kizu. The book is even worse.

But to be fair, the movies do have some pretty neat animated sequences, especially the first fight. The last fight is atrocious imo buuut people seem to enjoy it for the ludicrousness of it, you should at least check that one out on YouTube.

I do like the visual presentation of the Kizu series from the few snippets I've seen of it. It doesn't look like cheap shit that Shaft had to overcompensate with by using annoying camera angles, zooms and cuts like in Bake. Is the movie trilogy standalone from the rest of the series? If so, I might give it a chance.
No they have all the annoying angles, zooms and cuts like in Bake, but a little less. It can be watched standalone, but it is prequel to Bake with some of the same characters. Kizu 2 and Kizu 3 has probably the most cringe scene out of all the Monogatari series btw, so beware
FiendishChanJun 29, 2022 11:30 PM
Jun 29, 2022 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
-FALSE said:

I do like the visual presentation of the Kizu series from the few snippets I've seen of it. It doesn't look like cheap shit that Shaft had to overcompensate with by using annoying camera angles, zooms and cuts like in Bake. Is the movie trilogy standalone from the rest of the series? If so, I might give it a chance.

Yeah, it's a prequel and the first one chronologically so it's not dependent on the rest of the series, it basically just shows how Araragi became a vampire.
Jun 29, 2022 11:31 PM

Oct 2008
Haven't seen s3 yet, but so far the only good part about "Kaguya-sama" was Ishigami Yuu in s2.
Jun 29, 2022 11:33 PM
Apr 2021
MadanielFL said:
Light novels are better than manga.

Funimation and Crunchyroll get too much undeserved hate.

Fansubs suck for the most part.

And Goblin Slayer is a 10/10 series except the anime wasn't that good.

1.No, its just your opinion and every form has its own merit and demerits

3.Agree
Jun 29, 2022 11:38 PM

Aug 2016
"avantgarde" should be eradicated from all medium, specially anime
:v
Jun 29, 2022 11:43 PM
Apr 2021
Blueberry173 said:
one piece is the best piece of fiction in existence and nothing can top it, not an anime, not an irl series, not a manga, nothing.

death note offers nothing other than sudden plot twists which can amaze u for some time but actually is a forgettable one time watch somewhat mid anime. its a joke on the "psychological" genre which is my favorite.

given is better than 99% of the slice of life ever and my 3rd fav slice of life.

one punch man's "gags" are unfunny (since when r*pe(pupuri prisoner) is funny?, king's "i am sorry" is hella annoying, he is a piece of trash, saitama's behaviour is very annoying.)

re zero is the best isekai

i am not gonna reply on these if someone tags me.

One piece is good but nothing that great and if you say death note just offers sudden twists and is forgettable then one piece just offers emotional story and is heavily dependent upon that
Jun 29, 2022 11:54 PM

Apr 2022
NPC takes everyone most likely already heard here:

Isekai for the most part is for defeatist individuals that want everything magically handed to them. "Happiness comes to those who walk the journey of life. It doesn't just drop out of the sky on a lucky day."

Romcoms that bait and switch for the most part exist due to mangakas that can't make a good romantic story. So they put the main relationship on hold while giving other side characters the spotlight until they milk their series dry.

While I enjoy slice of life, I can see why so many people don't. It has to be the second most formulaic and basic genre after isekai and whatever the hell OP is.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jun 29, 2022 11:56 PM

Dec 2021
I don't get why people are so hung up about whether Light or L is better, Matsuda is OBVIOUSLY the best character in Death Note.
Jun 30, 2022 12:14 AM
Apr 2021
About the chainsaw man manga its is the most overrated thing on earth. Sure i enjoyed reading that and i have read it 2 times and all i can say is that it has only good fights to show us. And the fights are only flashy( if i compare it to bland mcu fights). The characters seriously lack depth and everytime i see anybody saying it has better characters than jjk i cringe a lot.
Ex: Aki who had a proper story to him was just ok in my opinion.
The story was at its peak at assassination arc and it had potential when it included the whole world but it was so rushed and characters were introduced just to kill them off.
Makima who is like a god to csm fanbase was shallow and not very interesting. I dont pay attention to motives that much but her motives was just stupid and why would control devil be that strong.
Devils are straight ripoff of curses from jujutsu kaisen.
Its just a overhyped manga and nothing is special about it.
Jun 30, 2022 2:59 AM

May 2020
If you are not depressed or horny there is no point in watching romance/harem genre.
Jun 30, 2022 3:08 AM

May 2020
nebyesk said:
FurkanTurin12 said:
If you are not depressed or horny there is no point in watching romance/harem genre.

Those are too different genres to write with a /. And not all harems have nudity or fanservice every five seconds as you mistakenly think.

I think harem is saying there will be romance in the future so I don't think they are too different. I'm not saying all harems have ecchi every five seconds it's just boring to me.
Jun 30, 2022 3:29 AM
Nov 2019
SgtBateMan said:
Yveltal1612 said:
Not sure if it counts but: Oregairu, especially S2, would be better without Iroha Isshiki.

I'm pretty sure you were wrong, since it would be better if Wataru Watari hadn't been the protagonist. Hayato Hayama is the much better character in search of 'something genuine'.

Well it has been a while since I've last watched Oregairu, but I don't remember a lot being revealed about Hayato Hayama. Sure he was not ecstatic about his situation overall and from what I remember it is true that he could fit the search of something genuine part, but there is just not enough told about him to make me believe he would definitely be a better fit as the mc, at least in the anime. The LN may have fleshed him out more but in the anime gives us barely anything. I do however agree that Hachiman is has an over exaggerated characterisation in more than one aspect, but that is not necessarily a bad thing at least for me.

CickNipolla said:
Yveltal1612 said:

i think this is fine, but s3 no way it would be better without her

She is better in S3 compared to S2 that's for sure, especially since she finally has something else to say apart from repeating the same "joke" (if you can call it that) over and over and over again. But she was also less important in S3, compared to S2 (not that she ever was all that important to begin with).
Jun 30, 2022 4:51 AM

Jan 2022
Tokyo Ghoul root A is actually pretty good.
Jun 30, 2022 5:42 AM

Jul 2019
Modern anime and most popular anime in general suck.
Jun 30, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2022
One piece, Naruto, Bleach and Dragon Ball all are bad. Bleach is the worst tho.

Mecha is bad.

Gintama serious arcs are trash.

CSM is overrated and Makima's dawg need to be caged.

Psycho pass is the most pseudo-intellectual anime and it's trash.
Jun 30, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
One piece is mid

1. luffy usually fight the big bad every arc and zoro usually fight another swordman every arc. What a coincidence.

2. The big bad usually don't use sharp weapon and "rubber" is weak to blade. What a coincidence.

3. Oda didn't foreshadow haki. it's a new power system that introduced in the middle of the series to nerf logia, simple as that. It's normal to have new power system in the middle of series, just don't treat human like a god.

4. It is supposed to be gomu gomu no mi not sun god nika fruit or something. Just admit it is an asspull like a chad.

5. Whatever the one piece turn out to be it will be a disappointment. Typical macguffin.
Jun 30, 2022 6:37 AM

Mar 2022
Scavendgarr said:
One piece is mid

1. luffy usually fight the big bad every arc and zoro usually fight another swordman every arc. What a coincidence.

2. The big bad usually don't use sharp weapon and "rubber" is weak to blade. What a coincidence.

3. Oda didn't foreshadow haki. it's a new power system that introduced in the middle of the series to nerf logia, simple as that. It's normal to have new power system in the middle of series, just don't treat human like a god.

4. It is supposed to be gomu gomu no mi not sun god nika fruit or something. Just admit it is an asspull like a chad.

5. Whatever the one piece turn out to be it will be a disappointment. Typical macguffin.
!!!Facts!!!
I am too lazy to explain ,thanks for explaining.
Jun 30, 2022 6:56 AM

Dec 2020
Ight i guess I'll give you some useless opinions

People always feel the need to make their "hot takes" negative, for some reason.

There are no "toxic" fandoms, only fandoms whose toxic side gets more attention.

On mal, we have come to define "significance" as: "I'm right/special, everyone/everything else isn't" when in reality we really all are just the same, weebs who just watch anime.

On this site, it's more normie to hate on a popular shounen than to like it.

Quit treating opinions as if they are facts and you won't get so butthurt about them.

@SgtBateMan
Not sure if I understand
Erebus_AkeldamaJun 30, 2022 12:27 PM

Jun 30, 2022 6:56 AM

May 2020
Nillwas said:

Just watching Shonen is not watching Anime.

^^100% agree.

Blueberry173 said:

^^Besides the OST,
I agree with you.

MindlessWalker said:
an anime shouldn't be criticized for not achieving something it never attempted to do in the first place (like 'Your Name' having a mediocre plot)

^^100% agree.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 30, 2022 7:03 AM

Dec 2020
MichaelJackson said:
"avantgarde" should be eradicated from all medium, specially anime

Got nothing to say about the take but all I gotta say is

Your butt is mine

Jun 30, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2020
Hyouka just might be the most boring shit in existence.
Jun 30, 2022 7:31 AM
Nov 2019
Scavendgarr said:
One piece is mid

I sort of disagree with 3. but I absolutely agree on 4. .
I don't read the manga, but spoilers come every now and then, and when I first heard about some sun god nonsense I thought it was some bad fan fiction, but after googling it, turns out it's true...
Jun 30, 2022 8:34 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Grand Blue is the most overrated anime ever with 0 funny moments. But its fans are cute since they can laugh over anything <3 AWW MY BROKEN HUMOUR CUTIES.

it's a cruel world out there
Jun 30, 2022 8:35 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Biochemistry said:
Hyouka just might be the most boring shit in existence.
ikr it did have some good moments but it was so freaking B L A N D ehh

it's a cruel world out there
Jun 30, 2022 9:41 AM
Oct 2020
Yveltal1612 said:

Finally found my people. I find her really annoying. Yukino and Yui > Iroha any day lol
Jun 30, 2022 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
Guilty Crown is a good anime, people unnecessarily hate on it because they can't stand Shuu's actions being realistic for someone who was taken out from normal life and made to fight, it's only natural to be hesitant and uncertain in such a case.

Hunter x Hunter and Fruits Basket are overrated, HxH is just your run-of-the-mill battle shounen while Fruits Basket mindlessly tries to pull everyone's heart-strings by repeating the same sob story of abusive parents with almost every character.

The only reason Wolfram is popular is because he's a gay bishounen, personality wise he's nothing more than an arrogant asshole, character wise he has nothing more to him than obsessing over and controlling Yuuri's actions. Fujoshis are just blinded by his beauty and romanticize all his action and never look beyond that.
Jun 30, 2022 9:52 AM

Nov 2019
Yveltal1612 said:

Well it has been a while since I've last watched Oregairu, but I don't remember a lot being revealed about Hayato Hayama. Sure he was not ecstatic about his situation overall and from what I remember it is true that he could fit the search of something genuine part, but there is just not enough told about him to make me believe he would definitely be a better fit as the mc, at least in the anime. The LN may have fleshed him out more but in the anime gives us barely anything. I do however agree that Hachiman has an over exaggerated characterisation in more than one aspect, but that is not necessarily a bad thing at least for me.

Yes indeed, what I said is more or less an exaggeration entirely new series, since I'm pretty sure Wataru Watari isn't capable of writing such kind of story, so I should take it back.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 30, 2022 9:55 AM

Nov 2019
Erebus_Akeldama said:

Quit treating opinions as if they are facts and you won't get so butthurt about them.

But it's your opinion, man. Others don't think so.

@Erebus_Akeldama said people should take opinions as they were, but I don't believe others share the same thinking process as yours. Hence 'It's your opinion, man.'

Erebus_Akeldama said:

Nah nah nah, what I meant was that people always get so butthurt about opinions all the time, because they treat them as if the person saying it is saying as if it is a fact, when it's honestly just an opinion.

But I don't believe others share the same thinking process as yours. Hence 'It's your opinion, man.'
SgtBateManJun 30, 2022 12:35 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 30, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2015
Yveltal1612 said:

no shot dude wtf are you kidding me not true and doesnt count
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 30, 2022 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
ShunsuiSama said:
Give me your hottest take! Like Always I will go first:

Light is far smarter than L, and L had many more advantages than Light.
how is it hot takes? death not happened like 15 years ago -- your take is long cold
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 30, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2012
Clannad + AS

My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Jun 30, 2022 10:55 AM

Aug 2021
School days is actually pretty good
Jun 30, 2022 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
-soniya- said:
Grand Blue is the most overrated anime ever with 0 funny moments. But its fans are cute since they can laugh over anything <3 AWW MY BROKEN HUMOUR CUTIES.

The humour works much better in the manga, the anime was awful in that regard. To this day I don't understand how it garnered a 8+ score, it was a really bad adaptation.
Jun 30, 2022 11:17 AM

May 2020
Considering how bad every other character in Rent a Girlfriend is, I wouldn't even mind unironically siding with Mami.

Klad said:
Steins Gate 0 was one of the worst things I’ve ever watched

This hurts...

Maybe try sleeping?

Jun 30, 2022 11:24 AM
Sep 2020
durarara s2 is better than s1
change my mind if you can
Jun 30, 2022 12:32 PM

Dec 2020

Nah nah nah, what I meant was that people always get so butthurt about opinions all the time, because they treat them as if the person saying it is saying as if it is a fact, when it's honestly just an opinion.

Jun 30, 2022 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
Jujutsu Kaisen is ultra generic shounen trash, blatantly recycling the same plot ideas that have been used numerous times, while repeating the same mistakes and failures of the shounens that it copied and adding nothing of interest to justify its existence.

A plot armored protagonist and walking tropes for characters who pull new abilities out of their asses after a sappy backstory, tonal whiplash caused by shitty and badly timed comedy, a stupidly overpowered character that destroys any sense of tension, and nonsensical power system where the author throws some random bullshit around to trick the kids into thinking that it's deep.
Jun 30, 2022 3:39 PM

May 2020
Tokyo Ghoul's anime is better than its manga counterpart (not including re)

hxh has a top 5 worst shonen arc of all time and top 5 best shonen arc all time ( chimera is the worst obviously)

Clannad's first season far exceeds After story

Seven Deadly sins 1st season is still better than 90% of shonen
Jun 30, 2022 5:33 PM
Jan 2020
Japan humor is not funny (especially its high school humor)
Jun 30, 2022 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
MSYDT said:
Diabolik Lovers has a better plot that almost every romance television series ever made, and certainly than almost any harem television series, and people simply say it lacks plot because they can't handle the cultured masochism.

youre completely right, people hate it because its not for them in the first place!
Jun 30, 2022 5:54 PM

Sep 2020
Hitagi__Furude said:
Yveltal1612 said:

^^I swear, she was just a diversion to get away from the drama that entire season.

As for my hot take,

Hanekawa Tsubasa>>>Hitagi Senjougahara
This is the way. I've actually only watched Bakemonogatari but I've read the light novels past Kizu and I enjoy Hanekawa a lot more than Senjougahara.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 30, 2022 6:12 PM
Jul 2016
Hot Take: Light Yagami should have taken some sociology and criminology classes because he does not understand the fundamental reason that most people commit crime. Light does not understand that crime is not necessarily the result of bad individuals, but of a deeply flawed society. He's such a dummy!!!!!
Jun 30, 2022 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
from the top of my head i think kaguya sama, my dress up darling, and rental kanojo, all belong in the trash can
Jun 30, 2022 6:49 PM
May 2022
kuruteru said:
MSYDT said:
Diabolik Lovers has a better plot that almost every romance television series ever made, and certainly than almost any harem television series, and people simply say it lacks plot because they can't handle the cultured masochism.

youre completely right, people hate it because its not for them in the first place!
The strange part is more so how many review and comment sections about it are rifle with people who seem to be very angry that it even exists and treat what are obviously intentional design choices such as the lovers indeed being diabolic as flaws or oversight.

I would say that they are angry that masochists exists, but more often than not they do not even seem to realize that what obviously caters to masochists does.

And yes, it's quite strange how the plot of D.L. of all titles is attacked when romance as a [i]genre/i] is not generally known for it's well thought out plot. Uwa-Koi, Everyone's Plaything, and School Days are other titles I often see attacked for their lack of plot while they have a more thoughout plot than about any romance title.
Knock knock. Open up the door; it's real; with the non-stop pop-pop of stainless steel.
Jun 30, 2022 6:52 PM

Jun 2019
Dirk's 2011 final's performance > Lebron 2016

Jun 30, 2022 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
Satyr_icon said:
Kizumonogatari sucks, it's the worst vampire story ever (yes, worse than Twilight).
Cracked me up, haha. Nice one. I tried the LN a year ago to see if it's any different, ended up regretting it. I will never touch LNs again.
Jun 30, 2022 7:17 PM

Aug 2017
Isekai and school anime are overhated. They need more love.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ai Spambots

billybub - 2 hours ago

25 by velvetnyan »»
2 minutes ago

» Best black haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 25

67 by eblf2013 »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

53 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 minutes ago

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - May 5

26 by Hikinekomori »»
24 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - May 4

38 by Lucifrost »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.