Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 23, 2022 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
Surprise of the season for me. I expected trashy boring isekai and ended up with a rather decent one. The quality yo-yo throughout the season but the first 6-8 episodes were good. The last arc was defiintely what brought this down to the typical isekai territory but hopefully it's nothing but a blip in the bigger scheme of things. This series is best when it's just following Arc's whimsical adventure doing whatever he wants.

6.5/10 but probably closer to 7 due to how strong the early episodes were.
Jun 23, 2022 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
Now that its over I feel like it was a waste of time, I was expecting something good but nah, dumb bs level powers and fights, what a waste of time.

My Candies:

Jun 24, 2022 12:22 AM

Jul 2014
i don't know... i just want more chiyome

season 2 please
Jun 24, 2022 1:22 AM

Feb 2011
Wish.com overlord is finally over. Whoo boy.
a relatively trashy isekai with more questions and plot holes than one could expect but thats cool.

Will we ever see his "curse" get taken care of?
Is he totally powerless without his armor?
Where does all the beer and food go? I'm concerned!

Anyway, it was as generic as a box that says "cola". ninja/cat girl, elves all over because every isekai needs elves, duh. and obviously the most manly man to be isekai'd ever, smokes, drinks, and rejects womens advances. Shoulda been named gigachad kishi. Oh, and lets not forget the hydra that regenerates.
Never seen that before!

4/10.

Jun 24, 2022 8:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah of course what you would expect from the final with the antagonist being beat and the hydra beat as well everything ends well xD
I don't understand why this anime mean score is above 7, it's one of the most cliché isekai I've ever seen not that it's bad but it has no originality at all except from the look of the MC which is just like Overlord of course but that's all.
Jun 24, 2022 5:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Perfect stop to end the one season along. Bit of sad with how short everything is, but all good thing always needs to come to an end. Even if this is absolutely cliche isekai with no damn originality. Still, its a fun entertaining ride so far. I personally like Arc personality, especially when he's laughing. Ponta is a great mascot. Chiyome, cute ninja. Ariane, nice third-rate waifu. Then i couldn't find any shit to write on about the lack of writing aspect here. Because all of that, the High Edgelords can be working on it instead of me.

So yeah, nevertheless, I'll put this on my 6.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2022 6:58 PM
Jul 2007
Ashhk said:
Yeah of course what you would expect from the final with the antagonist being beat and the hydra beat as well everything ends well xD
I don't understand why this anime mean score is above 7, it's one of the most cliché isekai I've ever seen not that it's bad but it has no originality at all except from the look of the MC which is just like Overlord of course but that's all.

maybe because is fun? most people don't care about the complexity of the characters or the story, or the cliché... just something fun to watch

Well, I think that's why it got a better rating than many expected. xD
dekooJun 24, 2022 7:06 PM
Jun 25, 2022 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
Arc's 'default' character is that of a brown-skinned, muscular Dark Elf. He has long pointy ears, long, curly, raven-black hair, a strong jaw, and dark red eyes. Arc's elf appearance is considered handsome.
Jun 25, 2022 4:07 AM
Oct 2019
It's so rare seeing the Monster Hydra and Ifrut in 2D and our MC in CGI.

just an Okay Season Finale tbh, not that i expect anything more.

Overall fun and entertaining show to watch.
it just Solid Decent Isekai Anime.

6/10 from me

hopefully Season 2 will be better, whenever that might be.
Jun 25, 2022 4:09 AM
Mar 2012
Decent fight with ifrit & Arc the wrestler vs 2d hydra. Yuriana got good foreign relations.
Only clarifying the 2 Revlons politics last ep kinda late, would've been nice to know the nations on map early on. More leisurely paced than usual isekais.
Jun 25, 2022 7:58 AM

Sep 2019
My favourite anime ever.. Love Ariane!! Just waiting for another season. :3 I liked this last episode.
Jun 25, 2022 10:12 PM
May 2022
Dukino said:
Arc might've been unsuccessful in living his desired quiet life but his misadventures made this show a lot of fun. I had a blast every episode watching it. Arc is a fun lead character for this isekai. Even though there were some serious moments things for the most part were kept pretty light. Arc is an huge goofball which made everything even more fun most of the time. Arc even on his own at the beginning keep things interesting. I know a lot of people don't like it when isekai protagonist just accept they're in another world, like they want some kind of inner turmoil or something but Arc kinda just being ok with it and not thinking too much about how he's in this whole other place was nice. Just get all that out of the way and get to the good stuff I say. Which this show does well, displaying to us early on how powerful Arc is but still making him fun and not ridiculously overpowered. Having a good supporting cast helps a lot which this show has in spades. Ariane and Chiyome especially, those two are great female characters and companions to Arc. They are both also powerful in their own rights and bounce off the goofy Arc very well. Ponta too is such a cute mascot character. Animation never looked exceptional but never looked terrible either. Mixing the CG and 2D well in scenes and keeping the action engaging during the fights. Especially when Arc would use his uber powerful spells. Overall I had tons of fun with this each week, even when touching on harsh issues it kept things respectful. The cast is very enjoyable and I loved every week watching this show.

85/100

well said a show I wasn't expecting to be this good
Jun 25, 2022 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
omg hype episode!
Arc is overpowered on the battle with the Hydra!
just those 2 almost-god like skills: Combat Skill: Judgement & Summon skill Infernal Demon Ifrit! is enough to take care of that Hydra!!!
Lady Ariane handled that bastard quite pretty badassery!
oh man i need this kind of types of show! hope for S2!!!
5/5.
8/10.
matias067Jun 25, 2022 11:58 PM

Jun 26, 2022 6:35 AM
Sep 2007
6/10 So average, but it was watchable and fun to binge, would be pleasantly surprised if there is a season 2.
Hi
Jun 27, 2022 4:51 PM
Oct 2021
This felt really boring to me and I was actively waiting for it to be over so I could remove it from my watchlist
Jun 27, 2022 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
Fine finale. The adventure of Arc and Ariane is gonna continue. The anime is enjoyable with some funny moments not so complicated story and easy to watch. The cons is some controversial plotlines that just invokes shock which is useless tbh. But the 3d design of Arc is good it blends with 2d background and some little but nice sakuga. The OP and ED themesongs are catchy and bop. Overall its a nice watch

Jul 1, 2022 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
Not the best season of Overlord. Joke aside, while the plot was nothing too special (and tbh easily forgettable) I still somewhat enjoyed this (partly for how adorable Ponta was).

Jul 2, 2022 10:32 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like Arc went with a Summon vs Summon fight.

And of course... Ifrit the spirit of fire is a lot stronger than a puny Hydra, LOL

But it look like there's a limit to the summon, being 5 mins tops.

___ ___ ___

Also, Ariane almost gone full psycho at the beginning of the episode.

And looks like furry ninja is afraid of skeletons... LOL

___ ___ ___

Overall, it's a fairly good series, I do support a 2nd season.

Tho it seems that half of the ppls think otherwise, as they think this is like a low tier Overlord and isn't popular enough to have more than 1 season.

aka, ppls seems to like villainy over heroics. (where ppls thinks Ains being evil is a "Chad" while Arc being good is a "Blah")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 7, 2022 7:49 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
overall pretty decent. i liked the vibe alot but i didn't appreciate the censoring halfway through. i thought i can finally watch an anime that's not afraid to show killing but they back pedaled real quick with this one

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Jul 9, 2022 4:15 PM
Jan 2022
Ashhk said:
Maybe because the animation is good, not a harem before last episode, the MC isn't a self-insert one, although the story is quite boring and the enemies are dull?
Jul 10, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2011
Defeating that Hydra wasn't too hard for Arc thanks to Ifrit. And good riddance to Fumba as well.

It was a fun isekai show.
Jul 13, 2022 8:22 AM

Feb 2014
A very nice anime for easy enjoyment.

Some of those reviews are lying and very biased; they are overthinking.
Just another example why we should ignore reviews and mean score before watching an anime.

I just wished that Fumba suffered a bit more... *dark moments* I don´t like it when those disgusting villains are quickly denied before learning some lessons hehe~

8/10

TechOtakuJul 13, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 18, 2022 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed it thanks for making this anime! well the journey continues i'll be waiting for season 2
Jul 20, 2022 10:54 PM

Feb 2021
The Ifrit really cool and hopefully that there will be 2nd Season!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 24, 2022 3:42 PM
Aug 2022
The main character had a great personality and his expressions when he met new characters was entertaining
Sep 9, 2022 2:56 PM
Sep 2022
good but normal , manga is better
Sep 13, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 2022
Ok ending for a mediocre show average as fu ck
Sep 14, 2022 7:43 PM

May 2018
Without Arc this anime wouldn't be fun that's why I really love how funny Arc is. I was hoping to see if Arc will gain a human form but looks like it's not going to be in this season, still an enjoyable season mostly because of Arc.

Sep 15, 2022 12:16 AM

Nov 2019
Shows pretty average I was gonna this a 5 but goddamn, how tf is Arianne a dark elf, she's the whitest dark elf I've ever seen, was this even explained the difference of a dark elf to the regular ones? This show is dumb, I don't think the show is racist but terrible world building 4/10
Sep 15, 2022 11:59 PM
Feb 2021
Its alright. A bit predictable. I'd only recommend it to people who watch isekai religiously.
Sep 19, 2022 9:03 AM
Apr 2016
A classical isekai with an op main protagonist what not to like.
Sep 28, 2022 7:26 AM
Dec 2021
its ok as isekai fan
Sep 28, 2022 7:59 PM
Feb 2022
i liked it more in sub than dub
Oct 15, 2022 1:46 AM
May 2022
Nice Anime and waiting for second season
Oct 21, 2022 11:19 PM
May 2021
Me gusto demasiado este anime he, no sé la razón por la que la deje de ver, pero en fin me la termine y espero su segunda temporada para ver que paso con la liberación de las especies porque al parecer hay mucho que contar que no se pudo completar todo en esta primera temporada. xd

Sobre su segunda temporada quiero ver que hace la Princesa Juliana sobre la unión de Elfos y Humanos porque si se ve bien piola esta cosa.
Oct 25, 2022 4:45 AM

Dec 2008
Had a lot of potential, but sadly as is far too often with modern anime of the last 10 years, the show was too short, often one note, and unoriginal as hell. It really feels like people in the anime fan world are very oblivious to things that are the same old rehashes of genres or sub genres and the same stories over and over again. I liked the show enough at times, and little snippets here and there were funny or enjoyable...but the show wasted too much time and went virtually nowhere. THey could have added more emphasis on the kidnappings and put more emotion into the show. BUt we got stuck with a skeleton...and so it was more try hard comedic than needed to be. Ohh a nearly op paladin version of Ains ...pfft...At least season 1 of Overlord made good on its potential, even if the following two seasons were somewhat disappointing ( time wasters galore). But at least it had Ponta in it ^<^ 5.5/10 and I hope theres a second season so this wasnt just it. T<T
Nov 8, 2022 5:55 PM
Feb 2019
Amazing.
Can't wait for next season
Nov 21, 2022 11:44 PM
Oct 2021
I was a little bit long winded but it was still nice to watch it
Nov 27, 2022 3:21 AM

Feb 2022
Can't wait for Season 2!!!
Dec 9, 2022 4:51 PM
Dec 2022
amazing anime overall i would rate it a 9/10, Iwould love to see a 2nd season to come out!
Dec 22, 2022 6:03 AM
Mar 2021
NICE ENDING, I NEED SEASON 2
Jan 4, 2023 10:54 AM
Jun 2017
Perfect end cap to a subtle, easy to watch seasonal isekai. There's no defending to do here, all of the characters are actually good people with regular motivations. No need to wonder about the world, everything is simple fantasy and the usual isekai power trip isn't hype or boring in this one. Instead, it just lets you rest easy and watch as the character's do good things for other people. I was happy to hear them discuss happens next in the last couple of minutes, with the satisfying end theme playing over the animation. Overall, perfectly light-hearted and easy to watch take on the grimy, realistic fantasy genre we've seen a lot of in isekai in recent years.
Jan 12, 2023 4:27 PM
Oct 2021
Fun, light anime.
Jan 25, 2023 5:36 AM

Jun 2014
Just binge watched the heck out of this. Everything about this show was great!
A refreshing entry into the Isekai genre!
I really hope it gets a season 2.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 16, 2023 8:08 PM
Dec 2022
It was really good
Feb 22, 2023 10:43 PM
Jul 2020
This is mid. Even as someone who is an isekai/isekai trash enjoyer, this aint it. The slaves type of plot was pretty good tho, but the execution, and literally almost everything especially the unecessary rapey scenes were its downfall. Episode finale was really mid too ngl.

5/10 max. If s2 comes then I might/might not watch it just despite of the spoilers ive seen regarding the supposedly 'anti-curse' lake.
Feb 27, 2023 10:10 AM
Feb 2023
Tolong segera rilis
Mar 12, 2023 12:15 AM
Mar 2020
skeleton goes whild
Apr 3, 2023 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the main characters, hopefully Chiyome gets more screentime if season 2 ever comes out. Oh and ending song is fantastic.
Apr 6, 2023 12:00 AM
Dec 2021
best story ever makes me want to be Arc
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2022

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

74 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gambit9877 - Apr 28, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

187 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.