Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2014
I See that no one talked about this movie, So I opened this thread.
THIS MOVIE WAS INSANELY HILARIOUS! I just loved every part of it, And if there will be a 3rd Season, it'll still get a 10/10 because even though it's an All-star anime, it does just a great Job keeping the characters' Personality as it is. JUST MASTERPIECE!

Also....

and I'll say that Again just in case
10/10!
Jun 18, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 2017
Usopp8000 said:
THIS MOVIE WAS INSANELY HILARIOUS! I just loved every part of it, And if there will be a 3rd Season, it'll still get a 10/10 because even though it's an All-star anime, it does just a great Job keeping the characters' Personality as it is. JUST MASTERPIECE!

Also....

10/10!
where can i watch this ? i cant find anywhere
Jun 18, 2022 10:04 AM

May 2021
axitsunfuric said:
Usopp8000 said:

Also....

10/10!

Unless you go to theatres in Japan, you won't find it anywhere.

Jun 21, 2022 2:01 PM
Mar 2022
RioFS said:
axitsunfuric said:

well is there any "illegal" ways to watch it *wink wink*
Jun 21, 2022 3:14 PM

May 2021
LWGench said:
RioFS said:

well is there any "illegal" ways to watch it *wink wink*

Not yet, not unless its blu-rays are released.

Sep 30, 2022 5:05 AM
Jul 2022
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Sep 30, 2022 8:25 PM
Sep 2021
I'm searching the seven seas and I can't seem to find this movie anywhere
Dec 23, 2022 5:31 AM
Jun 2020
The movie was nice. A bit slow, but nice. I wonder if we will see Pantagruel and Vera in KonoSuba and Saga of Tanya the Evils, since
Dec 23, 2022 10:01 AM
Apr 2022
It's currently on Anime Rush dot tee vee if u want to watch it outside Japan.

U'r wlcm
Dec 23, 2022 10:11 AM
May 2021
It's not a funny per se' like seasons 1 and 2 and the action okay, it's there when needed.
It's a good sequel that introduces more characters for season 3.
The more the merrier.
I enjoyed it, it is a decently long film though close to 2 hours.
Dec 23, 2022 11:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In general is a regular film. The plot is bland and simple. The animation poor. The jokes lose effect for the duration of the film, 110 minutes is an exaggeration for an adventurous comedy!!!!

5/10 and just!!1 kekeke
Dec 23, 2022 11:45 AM
May 2020
Of course the movie teases spoilers for the Konosuba, Overlord and Re:Zero LNs... (and maybe Youjo Senki but I didn't read it yet)
Still, very funny and good
GuanimeroDec 23, 2022 11:48 AM
Dec 23, 2022 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
Loved the ending song tbh, in terms of plot ... well, it's quite average, wasn't expecting much plot to start with
Dec 23, 2022 1:01 PM

Dec 2018
this is a far cry from the regular series but not in a bad way. seeing everyone work together and use their power to help each other was beautiful. i thought it was amazing and surprisingly good, even if the plot was a bit silly. personally i thought they'd all get sent back to their own worlds, ending the series. it would have been nice closure but it looks like it will continue and i'm not at all upset about that.
Dec 23, 2022 4:32 PM

Nov 2016
Isekai³

Plot can be basic when you got such an awesome cast. Plenty of cool character moments and didn't know that I needed that Aura + Filo pair up, lol. Ending was lowkey emotional and yay to new characters.

6,5/10
FMmatronDec 23, 2022 4:36 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2022 6:53 PM
Jan 2021
It would have been better if naofumi(I don’t care if I spelled it right) and his gang weren’t present!!! They just don’t add anything to the plot and they’re boring af. Also, why so much focus on Subaru??? He is the least favourable mc out of the main 4. Still loved it though.
Dec 23, 2022 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
When the throwing the girl was peak
Dec 24, 2022 3:27 AM

Sep 2018
Very fun, but a pretty lame cliched ending. 8/10.
Dec 24, 2022 3:55 AM
May 2021
Really loved this crossover movie. I want more of isekai quartet. And respect for Kazuma for that steal move at end 🔥🔥. 8/10 for the movie
Dec 24, 2022 4:14 AM

Dec 2014
I didn't watch Rezero, so what is with the relationship of Subaru and Baeko? Why are they always together and holding hand like couple or father and daughter?

Or is it one sided like Rem to Subaru?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 24, 2022 9:44 AM
Apr 2019
if Otto and Garfiel are now in the series, they need to include Echidna too
Dec 25, 2022 7:58 AM

Jan 2018
Holy shit... Never expected an Isekai Quartet movie to be this good. And the movie's also nearly 2 hours long. Bruh. I guess it was needed to fit all those characters. 

The plot is basic but it's inevitable with a setting like this with so many characters so I don't mind it. I just don't like the plotholes. Why were the characters transported to another another world in the first place? Why were the golems from Overlord in that world? I guess the credits kind of explain it but I still don't get it. 

So my biggest gripe was the artstyle. At least for this movie, they could've ditched the chibi artstyle. The budget was movie-like and I'm sure they could've done it if they wanted it. Oh well. By 30 minutes it becomes less noticeable. 

Of all the series' represented here, I'm the fan of Re:Zero the most. So I loved the focus on Re:Zero characters the most. Idk about other series' but it seems the Re:Zero characters were "updated" to be their Season 2 selves here. So Rem's existence is an anomaly here cause she's the only one who received no development since season 1. And unfortunately, it seems to have affected her sister Ram as well. What I didn't like was that they did my girl Emilia dirty. She didn't get nearly as much screen time as she deserved. But I guess Subaru and Beako made up for that. There weren't many scenes with Re:Zero characters in the beginning but by the end, they were the stars. I think Subaru was the only one there to be in the leadership position and I'm glad he was in it cause he deserved it. 

Idek why the Shield Hero cast was even in this movie. Aside from Naofumi using his shield a few times his crew didn't really do anything worthwhile here. I didn't watch Season 2 but Naofumi is still an unlovable asshole here it seems. Thankfully Rising of Shit Hero sucks so I couldn't care less about those parts. 

The new characters Vera and Pantagruel were good and I hope they make comebacks in some form. Alec Hoshin is definitely the most surprising character to be here. But that's mostly because I'm more familiar with Re:Zero lore than the others. 

Overall, a solid movie and I'm glad that Isekai Quartet didn't end! Now if only Kadokawa released information about the inevitable Re:Zero Season 3... 
Dec 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
Animememeacaso__ said:
if Otto and Garfiel are now in the series, they need to include Echidna too
hell yeah!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2022 6:25 AM

Jul 2016
The movie was ok, I prefer this in a series format.
I agree that there was no need for the Shield Hero characters to be in this movie, they are in another class aren't they? Or am I misremembering?
They should have just the 4 main groups that are in the same class in this one.
Nothing against Naofumi and gang, but they felt like unecessary extras, I prefer them doing some special appereances here and there.
My favorites are always the Konosuba gang, so I'm glad Kazuma saved the day for those left behind.
The second funniest ones to me are the Overlord gang and theirs is the only one I didn't even watch the main series.
I watched all of the others, but they are not able to be as funny.
Dec 28, 2022 12:14 AM

Feb 2014
Isekai Heroes ASSEMBLE!!! This movie was quite fun to watch and had its best moments. Best crossover, second to Gintama.
With how they are adding new students to the roster, a third season seems inevitable. Hope to see more of the gang.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 28, 2022 6:58 PM
Oct 2020
Good the see all the characters again. Story was just decent but the characters made up for it.
Dec 29, 2022 1:29 AM
Jan 2017
I see in the credi, a player from Overlord Wolrd Named Nekonyan Come to this World and he meet The old man and make golem and also Pantagruel, 
after sometime the old man escape from the world left Nekonyan and Pantagruel,
Nekonyan Died there and we can see the tombstone with armor and sword,, after 300 year pantagruel meet Alec and Vera,, and thats how the story Start
Dec 29, 2022 1:41 PM

Sep 2018
Am I just blind or were there no Cautious Hero anime characters in this? Even though it says in "related anime". I've starting watching Cautious Hero now and don't remember seeing anybody familiar in the movie. 
Jan 2, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2017
I watched in a new year eve, and I found it perfect for the ocasion, family frendly plot, nothing complex,
Jan 3, 2023 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
Can someone explain me why emilia raw str is so high in the movie

Anime watcher here only
Jan 3, 2023 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Am I just blind or were there no Cautious Hero anime characters in this? Even though it says in "related anime". I've starting watching Cautious Hero now and don't remember seeing anybody familiar in the movie. 

Bettee watch season 2 if you want to see them its like they only comeout as cameo
Jan 3, 2023 2:11 PM

Sep 2018
Nozila said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Bettee watch season 2 if you want to see them its like they only comeout as cameo
Ah OK. I watched Isekai Quartet S2 well before I watched Cautious Hero, it's no wonder I don't remember the characters.
Jan 3, 2023 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
Way better than initially expected. The way they handled the screen-time with such immense cast of characters was simply outstanding.

7,5/10 -> 8/10 - Extra points for not including anyone from the Cautious Hero anime.
Jan 3, 2023 9:49 PM

Aug 2020
Ranxomare said:
In general is a regular film. The plot is bland and simple. The animation poor. The jokes lose effect for the duration of the film, 110 minutes is an exaggeration for an adventurous comedy!!!!

5/10 and just!!1 kekeke

You just dont get it. Cheap chibi deviant art fanfics are peak fiction. When animators use MS Paint to animate some shit, the anime community has an orgasm watching.
Keep scrolling
Jan 5, 2023 3:33 AM

Nov 2010
Seems like the biggest joke is making a feature film with such simplistic animation and showing it on cinemas.

Aside from that, they should just make another Konosuba movie, since they're the only comical characters in this. The Re:Zero cast is just as boring as their original show, the trio from Tate no Yuusha is made to look as uninteresting as possible (at some point I was wondering if the voice actresses were even invited because I couldn't remember them having any lines), and everyone from Overlord is simply filling the role of out-of-character wacky monsters to bounce off the Konosuba bunch, since their evil personas would be horribly out of place in this setting. Tanya and her soldiers all play the role of comedy straight men and their inclusion feels anachronistic in 2022, with so many other isekai shows since its original airing that could have taken its place.

Basically, this has all the same flaws from the series, amplified tenfold because of the movie format and the attempt at a more dramatic plot.
Jan 7, 2023 12:27 PM
Aug 2017
This was fun. The second Vera mentioned the mysterious sphere having a diary about it I realized how things were gonna play out. I'll never get tired of that dopy old guy leaving havoc in his wake everywhere he goes. New characters might have been fun, but it's probably hard enough fitting everyone in as it is, so a just couple of extra Re:Zero ones as per the end scene might be the best way to go assuming we get a season 3.
Jan 7, 2023 8:21 PM

Nov 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
I didn't watch Rezero, so what is with the relationship of Subaru and Baeko? Why are they always together and holding hand like couple or father and daughter?
They're friends 🙂
Jan 7, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 2014
MiaAyende said:
aLotQuestion_ said:
They're friends 🙂
I see, so friend with benefit
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 7, 2023 9:29 PM

May 2018
Can't get enough of Isekai Quartet, I just love this crossover series. One thing I love about this is how Kazuma is the MVP of the movie, also sad to see Seiya and the gang is not here.

Jan 9, 2023 10:54 PM
Apr 2021
A bit annoyed that the shield hero trio didn’t get a lot of focus, just the same 2 shields be equipped and a few action scenes with filo and raphtalia which i liked, was hoping to see naofumi’s wrath shield or doing a bad ass blood sacrifice

Loved what they did with the konosuba characters and rezero was funny and enjoyable
Jan 12, 2023 2:14 PM

Dec 2009
I knew Kazuma would save the day all along, way to steal the happy ending.
Jan 30, 2023 4:06 PM
Jan 2011
Regarding Vera and Pantagruel, since there is no Bio and such, is it safe to assume they are original characters for this movie? Also, in the credit roll, who is the blue-haired guy in the white armored?
Feb 2, 2023 1:39 AM

Oct 2017
Got to say this is one of the most mediocre anime movie I've watched for the past year.

Animation is mediocre, plot is mediocre, antagonist is mediocre, and most importantly, the comedy aspect of it is mediocre too.

The new casts are as uninteresting as it gets, especially the antagonist.
They emphasize too much screentime on serious part/ backstory of the new antagonist , but they all feel cheap / forced and doesn't leave an impression on the audience. Too much emphasis is put on boring character/plot like Vera and not enough screentime to highlight the comedy aspect of the show.

Even the comedy part is half baked and few and far between.
The comedy aspect is reuse of the old shows and it gets uninteresting real fast.  They even reuse the same comedy twice within the spam of one hour...
Kazuma has to use STEAL to steal the panties of female casts TWICE pointlessly.  

So we have meh animation/ meh production/ boring plot/ boring new casts, yet they can't even use the old casts to make new comedies out of it...
Compare  to the TV series this is a huge let-down and a waste of time to watch really.  
Is not the most awful movie out there but I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to watch this boring movie, even if they're hardcore fan of those 4 isekai shows.

If  you want to watch a good comedy movie from those beloved casts , I would recommend you to watch Kono Suba the movie instead. 
Ventus_SApr 18, 2023 1:44 PM
Feb 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Nozila said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

there's no 2nd season of shinchou yuusha and i still can't find any cameo from that anime
Feb 9, 2023 5:43 AM

Nov 2016
fun movie, def wasnt as funny as the main series
pretty glad to see it tho, as it kinda sets it into stone that konosuba might continue as last time i heard, they had a rough patch
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 14, 2023 6:03 AM
Oct 2022
As an Isekai Lover, it is fun watching different anime is combined into a movie.
Feb 18, 2023 11:07 PM

Apr 2007
The_Wicker_Man said:
This was fun. The second Vera mentioned the mysterious sphere having a diary about it I realized how things were gonna play out. I'll never get tired of that dopy old guy leaving havoc in his wake everywhere he goes. New characters might have been fun, but it's probably hard enough fitting everyone in as it is, so a just couple of extra Re:Zero ones as per the end scene might be the best way to go assuming we get a season 3.
That old guy from the Konosuba world leaving a mess everywhere is honestly one of my favorite running gags and I'm glad to see it in this movie.
Blergh.
Feb 20, 2023 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
Who is actually Alec? 

Who is the blue haired hero-like guy who apparead in the credits? (The credits was curiously emotional, I was not expecting that). 

Who was the old man who created the Golens? 

I mean, from which animes they are from? Did I miss something? >.< 

By the way, I have watched Youjo Senki, but I don´t remember Vera at all. Is she from Youjo Senki light novel or perhaps she´s this anime original? 

---

In general, this had more drama/feels rather than comedy (compared to the previous seasons). I enjoyed good amount. My score is waving from 7 to 8.
TechOtakuFeb 20, 2023 7:20 PM
Mar 18, 2023 10:25 PM

May 2021
Way better than what I was expecting. The interactions are hilarious asf and I just couldn't get enough of Subaru and Beako.

Vi- said:
Who is actually Alec? Who was the old man who created the Golens? 

Some guy in the Re: Zero world from 400 years ago. He's only been mentioned in the main story so far. This is his first appearance here, in a chibi gag movie.

Vi- said:
Who was the old man who created the Golens? 

Some old guy from Konosuba whose diaries Kazuma and Co. occasionally come across.

Mar 28, 2023 4:51 PM

Jun 2016
I liked this movie very much! I hope we'll see Vera Mitrohina in Youjo Senki in the future, she's a very interesting character.
Also would be very funny if Pantagruel (she's so cute) could escape that world and see her in Konosuba, Re: Zero or Overlord.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The new antagonist guy (rezero spoilers)

KinoKantRBD - Jun 10, 2022

14 by CHILLEDPHOENIX »»
Oct 21, 2023 8:33 AM

» Will there be a Season 3?

XAlpha9 - Jun 1, 2023

11 by anizawa89 »»
Sep 7, 2023 4:44 PM

» Who do you want to see in Season 3? ( 1 2 )

SataNiCKniFe - Mar 31, 2020

90 by Dashiva761 »»
May 1, 2023 2:21 AM

» how do 2 people already have this in their favorites

MuscularBlackMan - Apr 1, 2020

9 by PowerMinerYT »»
Mar 17, 2023 9:49 AM

» Otto and Garfiel in the after credits

Phoosu-kun - Feb 23, 2023

6 by LWGench »»
Feb 24, 2023 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.