Forum Settings
Forums

[Update Jun 30] New About Me Designs for Your Profile!

New
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2022 6:47 AM
Corpo Rat

May 2022
Good job!
Jun 14, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2019
This is a nice cool update feature
Jun 14, 2022 7:16 AM

Jul 2019
Fuck... now I'll change my about me every single week.
Wonderful update! I can't wait to use it.
Jun 14, 2022 8:02 AM

Jul 2020
That's really nice

AniList x Spotify x Instagram
“Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal." — Suzuya Juuzou
Jun 14, 2022 8:05 AM

Aug 2020
My only problem is I don’t like that an image is required at the top because I don’t really want one nor can I think of a good one. Also the ones I do put on there are way to big so I’d rather that not be required, part from that everything else works well and I like it.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jun 14, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
Not a bad start, but I won't be swapping to it in its current state.

Not enough background choices.
4 are white, one is blue and one is black. No reds, greens, etc.
I'd go with black to save my eyes, but I find the pattern really ugly. Looks like a funky stain-hiding carpet you get in some arcades and cinemas.
Please let us pick pick both a pattern and colour for backgrounds.

I rarely watch anime in-season, so the 10 slots are wasted on people like me.
This only leaves 5 slots for last watched shows, leaving a lot of empty space on desktop.
Please add an option to display more complete shows in place of seasonals.

Nothing for manga.
Please add a 'last completed manga' section.

Forced image shapes in rankings.
Please let us pick the shapes.

I do think this has potential, but is just a bit too basic right now.
Jun 14, 2022 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
this is so cool! thanks for adding it, now my profile looks a lot less dry :,)
Jun 14, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2020
This is a great addition. I feel like there should also be a combination of this and BBCode though instead of one or the other
Chober
Jun 14, 2022 9:38 AM

Feb 2020
I think ill keep my current About Me designs I made last year, but still a good feature that i might try some time
Jun 14, 2022 9:44 AM

May 2013
a really cool feature. it's easy to use from phone too 👍

Jun 14, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
Desperately needs the ability to combine it w BBCode ngl
There should be no reason to not be able to do basic things like font size and color within the design elements.

Jun 14, 2022 10:18 AM

Oct 2016
Looks interesting! I'll test this out when I have an image to upload that I don't have yet ;;
Edit: Ok I've read what other people said. I do agree with the required image at the top... I'd rather not have to upload bc I'd rather wait until I make something to go up there. Otherwise I'm staying with my current bland about me layout until better QoL changes are made
TamakotoJun 14, 2022 10:24 AM
Mako | She/Her | Pst

A shounen fan who loves comedy

Jun 14, 2022 10:34 AM

Apr 2017
Fancy new feature, I like how it looks. Though I'd have to agree with what a lot of other people are saying. It currently lacks a bit of customizability. Really nice would be to be able to choose a pattern and just have a color picker that allows to indivually set the colors that are shown on the pattern. That would allow users to have their own style. Additionally, I'd wish for general customization the same way list styles allow that. Just give access to a CSS-section that modifies the about me section.

At least you can trick the image at the top, I uploaded an image that is entirely transparent and 800x1 Pixel in size. On desktop it works perfectly fine, no idea how it looks on mobile but who even uses mobile.

Though I have to admit, it looks a bit weird right now with a rather modern look in one section of the page and the rest looking like pre-2010, which it probably is. Hoping for a general design update on profile pages, but it's questionable how good that will look when everything else on MAL doesn't change. Maybe in a few years.
Jun 14, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2021
I don't have enough free time to create my own design, when it comes out I'll give my opinion

Jun 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2010

Doing this for signature?
@Kineta is it possible or planned to add this dynamic feature to the signature? Automatically updated latest seen, whatever list, etc. This is highly sought after with signatures. And the changes with image caching a few years back broke this feature with 3rd party updating sigs. And also the traditional updating sig (My Signature, seen below at bottom) has been buggy and difficult for many people to use for at least 10 years, with multiple requests and reports all over the site, so such a signature feature would be welcome especially if you could use it with BBcode. MAL also shouldn't get rid of anything imo, just add things

Shishio-kunJun 14, 2022 12:34 PM
Jun 14, 2022 12:31 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
This is pretty cool, my most wanted features are the ability to put BBCode in the "About Me" section (I use my own profile as a shortcut to links of interest I saved there), and I wish it could show more than the last 5 anime I completed. Like others mentioned, I don't watch seasonals, so there's wasted space that could be used for more completed. I love the dynamic list though, please make one for manga too, that can show last completed manga.

Jun 14, 2022 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
A cool new addition. Got tired of messing around with editing and BBCode whenever I wanted to change up my profile, so this is great to spice it up a little.

I really like seeing some of my last completed anime as well, it's a great new feature! I have been reading more manga than anime lately though, the same thing for manga lists would be a welcome addition.
Jun 14, 2022 12:49 PM

Jun 2017
cool! thanks for working hard for us guys ^^
have a nice day
Jun 14, 2022 12:52 PM

Jan 2021
That's really good feature. Looks sugoi.
Roxy

Jun 14, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
Good job, thanks!! :D
Jun 14, 2022 2:28 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Maybe this will make me update my profile page pic.

I still have a Christmas header from way back when. 😂

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Jun 14, 2022 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
Someone else mentioned already but just to second it, I also logged into another account to test this but for some reason it was applied to this account. so that's definitely something that needs looking into. but it's a cool feature nonetheless ^^
Jun 14, 2022 4:37 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I feel bad that this didn't happen earlier as i spent lot of time on a new look for my profile...
Just like @kineta has mentioned slicing and dicing...

It's super cool.. best feature is the option of switching between this one and the one with bbcodes...

It looks super cool... so im going stalking profiles and getting inspired...

Lots of different colours of themes as well...

Jun 14, 2022 4:51 PM
Feb 2015
Draaloff said:
Not a bad start, but I won't be swapping to it in its current state.

Not enough background choices.
4 are white, one is blue and one is black. No reds, greens, etc.
I'd go with black to save my eyes, but I find the pattern really ugly. Looks like a funky stain-hiding carpet you get in some arcades and cinemas.
Please let us pick pick both a pattern and colour for backgrounds.

I rarely watch anime in-season, so the 10 slots are wasted on people like me.
This only leaves 5 slots for last watched shows, leaving a lot of empty space on desktop.
Please add an option to display more complete shows in place of seasonals.

Nothing for manga.
Please add a 'last completed manga' section.

Forced image shapes in rankings.
Please let us pick the shapes.

I do think this has potential, but is just a bit too basic right now.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well
Jun 14, 2022 4:58 PM
ぎりぎりセーフ

Oct 2015
Cool feature :D

I'll try it out a bit, but will probably go back to a very simple bbcode one on classic layout.

I would've liked the images in the ranking sections to be resizable, or atleast bigger than they are currently.

Jun 14, 2022 5:31 PM

Dec 2021
Awesome feature at a glance, but nothing for manga? hmmm I don't think its something that might interest me specifically ... I guess we'll see !
Jun 14, 2022 5:54 PM

May 2021

Yup, next update?
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 14, 2022 6:00 PM

May 2021
Another thing that would be nice, if not too complicated, fusing modern and classic layout
Like being able to have the modern template, but also using bbcode for extra stuff that don't fit in it

Actually, one more suggestion: having the option to add modern layout in parts
For example: the last anime completed, watching this season, like having an add on of that to your cassic profile?? I guess that would be just having that in bbcode format... still be cool though, that was my fav part of the modern layout
DigiCatJun 14, 2022 6:16 PM
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 14, 2022 6:32 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I don't plan to use it myself but it's a very nice addition, good for people who want a nice looking profile page but aren't very knowledgeable or don't have much time about designing it ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 14, 2022 7:01 PM

Dec 2008
Thanks for the update
the layout is easy to use, so is really fun.

I don't watch a lot of anime every season so it looks weird, I would love having an option to choose the number of anime showing

the black theme looks really fun is something I would use, I love patterns like that.
speaking otf themes, the number is low, but I hope is just because is something new(? or have the option to modify the background, maybe a list of patterns or an upload button

and please add a little bbcode in the introduction box, some bold or colors maybe not all of them if it's difficult :(

ah, I forgot to say that it looks amazing on the app, it looks really clean
RevengaJun 14, 2022 7:14 PM
Jun 14, 2022 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
Dang, MAL favoring casuals now I see
Guess I slaved over learning BBCode for nothing haha
My knowledge is still useful for unique list designs at least
Jun 14, 2022 8:18 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah interesting, I plan to try this features once I came out with some ideas.
Jun 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Jul 2020
I like it quite a bit, when there are more features I may consider using it for my profile :)

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Jun 14, 2022 11:12 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
My time has come :D
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jun 14, 2022 11:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
You guys outdone yourselves this update! Thanks for the beautiful layout, so neat and considering how great an improvement it makes to the profile introduction, hopefully now, with the template, everyone can expect quality when clicking view more and not annoying spam, I'd argue this new template with the ability for ranking and pictures, gives my top favorites the attention it deserves :) The new "Watching this season" section looks the best when everything maxed out. I'm sure this will encourage people to follow up on the newest anime, some user guidance on the new stuff to watch, and bring in more anime fans.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 15, 2022 12:46 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
Worth a look into
Jun 15, 2022 1:27 AM

Mar 2011
Takes me too long to get to the code. And I'm not sure if I can keep everything from my current profile. Also, not really good at Graphics/Drag & Drop (basically two left hands ^_^), so I'll stick to the old version for now. It's probably easier for me that way.
Jun 15, 2022 2:10 AM

Apr 2015
Looks interesting, not sure about the main image being required. I'm sure people would perfer to use the other options it offers without the image
Jun 15, 2022 2:51 AM
Ashikusa

Apr 2019
This is so cool for people like me who don't know anything about codes and just want something simple.

I believe you have to set the About me until at least the day of the deadline to enter the lottery otherwise it may be difficult to check.
Jun 15, 2022 2:52 AM
Ashikusa

Apr 2019
Happosama said:
Takes me too long to get to the code. And I'm not sure if I can keep everything from my current profile. Also, not really good at Graphics/Drag & Drop (basically two left hands ^_^), so I'll stick to the old version for now. It's probably easier for me that way.

Hi, i have a little bbcode about me and it didn't disappear after trying the modern way. Both are saved so you can change from classic to modern any time
Jun 15, 2022 2:54 AM
Ashikusa

Apr 2019
SheyCroix said:

@Kineta

For the giveaway, do we have to keep it until the dates or just testing it's fine?

Hi, i believe you have to keep it on at least until the day of the deadline.
Jun 15, 2022 2:57 AM
Ashikusa

Apr 2019
spectrojan said:
my "watching this season" section is empty?

Yeah that seems to be a bug, but as so many already reported it, they're surely working on it. ☺️
Jun 15, 2022 3:17 AM
Nov 2015
Gave it a try, looks clean.
Jun 15, 2022 4:03 AM

Jan 2017
Wow, MAL actually innovating on their 2009 site? We're moving on up.

In all seriousness looks like a good feature, will try it out eventually. Maybe next you guys can give the forums a visual revamp, of course with a toggle.
Jun 15, 2022 6:14 AM

May 2014
More design options would be nice.

For instance, I really liked the CSS themes for anime lists here:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499058

Maybe I should take time to read more things in that club... they're quite interesting fellows

Jun 15, 2022 6:27 AM

May 2021
Another thing i thought could be nice is to have an image gallery, and another ranking section, with the image size to fit challenge badges

vv This shape

And a way to add images/gifs in like the introduction section (the text sections)
Jun 15, 2022 6:32 AM

Nov 2016
Hm, doesn't work for me for some reason
Jun 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Dec 2020
A nice addition,however being restrcted on only 3 categories with just one kind of picture(circle,portait,landscape) is not something I like, I believe that the user should be able to choose for every picture if they want the pic to be in landscape mode or portait while they are under the same catgory. Also I find the pictures you put on there besides the 1st one to be too small for the pc at least. Thank you for your attention and I hope these issues I have will be adressed.
Jun 15, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
My last completed Anime isn't working correctly. Is anyone else having this problem?
Jun 15, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2020
When it says that BBcode is not required, it means that it's not supported at all. I'd love to switch to this, but it means scrapping most of the stuff on my profile like my MAL Badges and MAL Graphs.

I'd also like some themes without all the shapes in the background, they clash with dark reader.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by Shin_016 »»
Apr 24, 7:32 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.