Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yuu and Shun's relationship may be one of the most complex in this anime, especially from this episode.

Still, it was great to see them connect more on a personal level beyond just the competitive environment. It was a very character focused episode and I honestly, it showed a lot of Yuu's personality for who he is.
Jun 11, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
This show hasn't been talked about the sole female jockey much, but what happened with Shun and Kisuke a.k.a Oak Nature's death, it is pretty hard to control after seeing such an harrowing incident happen.

For once, Amano plays on Yu's side to push him to visit Shun whom has ran away to Hirato Farms to fill out staff roles and duties. Regardless, Shun will not return unless Yu can coax him by helping him in his job and slowly getting him back on track, and that's if Shun can relieve the trauma that Kisuke will not be able to return home safely in spirit.

Thus, a re-training session for Shun to reconcile with Momo, Kisuke's little sister, but this wounds up revealing Shun's raw emotions that he's gonna see more horses die. And Yu's personality this episode is much improved and remarkable to help Shun be relieved of his nightmare, and in turn, his job as a jockey.

The amount of timeskips this episode is also eerie, it's like they want to compress the arc into time as short as possible that the anime can show. But regardless, the scriptwriting is already so bad that there's nothing left to salvage off of.

2 episodes to go, and I can't wait to finish this "I don't know what this anime is trying to show" show.
Jun 11, 2022 9:34 AM
Sep 2015
I'm beginning to understand why this anime was named "Fanfare of Adolescence"
Jun 11, 2022 9:44 AM

May 2021
Great episode! It is nice to see Shun finally get over Kisuke's death and meeting his sister!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 11, 2022 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
I loved this episode! It was as good as the earlier ones. Because of the weird pacing since the time skip, I was worried about this anime, but this episode saved it! lol

I like that Yuu finally got some focus. It was nice seeing Amane and Eri grow. Especially Amane.

The whole week, I was praying that it would be Yuu who'd help Shun overcome his heartbreak since it was Shun who had always helped Yuu overcome his hard times. Full circle, you know? So, I am very glad it happened. Yuu, with his passion, helped Shun the same way Shun, with his sunshine, had helped Yuu. (This episode also really felt like a last episode. lol)

The message this episode was beautiful. You don't have to forget a loss. It happened, and it's okay to grieve.

Shun finally cried. He got the release he really needed this whole time. I am happy for him. And, he can hear horses again!! The visual was so similar to what Yuu sees.

Sumeragi-sensei used the word よりそう (yorisou) when asking Yuu to be with Shun. I looked up the word in a dictionary, and it said the meaning is: to get close; to cuddle close together; to nestle close to; to snuggle up to
Sounds romantic. I like it. haha

The subtitles completely missed the うま (uma, meaning both Horse and Well/Good) puns this episode, which is sad since they were funny. They also called Kisuke's brother his sister for some reason.

Kuji-san, oh you tsundere! lol
Jun 11, 2022 2:23 PM

May 2021
It was cute how the old couple tried making horse puns. And that's all the good in this show. There was another fucking timeskip. Like, goddamn, settle down.

Jun 11, 2022 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
FuMomo-kun said:

They also called Kisuke's brother his sister for some reason.

I was also very confused why they translated "otouto" to "little sister".
Jun 11, 2022 8:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Eyy Eri getting used as in front of the media is kind of a nice touch toward her shallow characterization so far. Hopefully its not backfiring her, somehow, later...

Alright, back to the boy whose lost his horse before. Shun's way through the grief of being left behind by Kisuke, really a damn crazy one. He went straight to the place where the horse was born, in a Hokkaido. Really, a distance didn't really matter much to Shun, for the sake of achieving his goal. Yuu now get assigned to restore Shun's confidence to return to where he belongs, not behind the farm scene.

One little horse, which reveals to be Kisuke sibling, taught Shun to keep moving forward from the grief. Even though he had to go through a lot of sadness as a Jockey, and it was good for him to know it so well there. His hearing ability was back, and so was his confidence. That's the right time to end the short training session and prepare to go through the final phase of their learning life as a Jockey in the future.

Mock race coming for them next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 11, 2022 9:23 PM

Aug 2019
Shun can talk to horses again T^T
Jun 11, 2022 9:55 PM

Jun 2021
I feel bad for saying this but Shun pouring water on himself was unintentionally hilarious.
Jun 12, 2022 7:49 PM

Oct 2015
Time to be full jockeys. Too bad we only left with two episodes, things are really starting to pick up.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 16, 2022 11:55 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Lol when the stern, man of few words made a pun, that was amusing and I like how happy his wife was, his blushing due to feeling embarrassed

Aug 19, 2022 11:04 AM

Jul 2016
Excellent episode. Really liked how it was directed.

So... the little bratty girl never showed up to apologize to Shun, huh? Well, she sure was a useless addition to the cast then.
SouthRzVaAug 19, 2022 11:07 AM
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shun entered in depression!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.