Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Feb 2016
This was supposed to be filler episode! Why was it animated so good! I've seen "high quality" action series with much worse animation and camera work.
Jun 11, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2014
Jun 11, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Bill had puberty as a fetus, lmao. Probably the funniest episode so far.
Jun 11, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
Amnestix said:
Funny how MAPPA animated a casual dodgeball game better, than what other studios did in some shounen fights LMAO (I won't point on anything, that's MAPPA for you)

Cool episode
mappa? This is animated by WIT and Cloverworks.
ttcchen said:
Amnestix said:
Funny how MAPPA animated a casual dodgeball game better, than what other studios did in some shounen fights LMAO (I won't point on anything, that's MAPPA for you)

Cool episode

Ohh my bad, I thought MAPPA is behind the art, then nvm, but still accurate, well animated kkkk
Jun 11, 2022 9:36 AM
May 2021
This is the second best dodgeball game I have ever seen in anime great episode.
davidyodo24 said:

This giving me Flashbacks Greed Island HxH, if you know what i mean.
Yeah, Bill was somewhat similar to Razor.
Milan-5Jun 11, 2022 9:43 AM
Jun 11, 2022 9:42 AM

Oct 2020
what a great episode, such elegance.
Jun 11, 2022 9:43 AM
Oct 2020
Epic Episode, Yor is A MONSTER!
Jun 11, 2022 9:45 AM
Oct 2016
Best dodgeball game ever! Anya really trying her best to get one of those Stella stars. Giving her all to become MVP and help Loid mission. But of course it was just a classroom rumor that a star would be given out. Still absolutely hilarious during the whole match! I had a smile the entire time, Anya mind reading that giant Bill kid to dodge his throws. Speaking of, that so caller kid Bill looking like some roided up monster, Wtf are they feeding that kid, his dad was huge too hut holy hell how is that a six year old. Made everything about the dodgeball game even funnier. Damian trying his best also to get the Stella star. We did get some nice depth for him this episode with how he's trying to standout like his older brother so his father will actually notice him. Which is really sad when you think about it, that's why he's so pushy and kinda mean, Damian just wants to be seen by his father. He did have an awesome moment during the game, saving Anya from that ball was so cool. Something he didn't have to do but did anyways, massive respect to Damian for protecting Anya. They all tried like hell but still couldn't stop Bazooka Bill, maybe next time.
Jun 11, 2022 9:45 AM
Oct 2020
Amnestix said:

Cool episode

(Edited: it was not MAPPA, but still accurate LMAO)
WIT and cloverworks, not MAPPA
Jun 11, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 2020
Sharri said:
This was supposed to be filler episode! Why was it animated so good! I've seen "high quality" action series with much worse animation and camera work.
You are superficial about what filler is. in general everything has in the manga and additional scenes to improve the narrative. this is called "Enhancing the original".
Jun 11, 2022 9:50 AM
Jul 2021
Didn't enjoy much this episode... Many unnecessary filler scenes imo cut the flow of the story and made it WAY too dramatic, I preferred the manga. Anyway looking forward to the next episode
Jun 11, 2022 9:54 AM
May 2022
Man what's with Bill's voice?? XDXD I laughed so hard when he started the speaking the first time.
I loved the episode. absolute justice to the manga <3 Damian is an absolute sweetheart.
Jun 11, 2022 9:58 AM
Oct 2020
Alexis9 said:
Didn't enjoy much this episode... Many unnecessary filler scenes imo cut the flow of the story and made it WAY too dramatic, I preferred the manga. Anyway looking forward to the next episode
I completely disagree. they improved the original and made it much more epic than the manga. You don't know what it is so get out. filler is different from something added connected to the story improving the narrative, that is, you don't know what a true filler is. this is called improving what is in the manga.
Jun 11, 2022 9:58 AM
Feb 2022
I HAVE LOST BRAINCELLS
Jun 11, 2022 9:59 AM
Oct 2021
what an amazing episode, animation was top tier, but I kinda wanted Bill to get a star, he's op
Jun 11, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
Everything mama teaches me is useless.

Come on Anya give your mama some credit, your form was perfect.
Jun 11, 2022 10:02 AM
Oct 2020
Obscure_Otaku said:
what an amazing episode, animation was top tier, but I kinda wanted Bill to get a star, he's op
Dear Billy - Stranger Things 4 😶
Jun 11, 2022 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
PurpleMagic said:
Everything mama teaches me is useless.

Come on Anya give your mama some credit, your form was perfect.
yea. Yor is a Monster, a superhuman ❤
Jun 11, 2022 10:04 AM
Jul 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
Alexis9 said:
I completely disagree. they improved the original and made it much more epic than the manga. You don't know what it is so get out. filler is different from something added connected to the story improving the narrative, that is, you don't know what a true filler is. this is called improving what is in the manga.
I know what a filler is. Anyway I didn't enjoy whatever they did too different from the manga if you prefer... it's just a personal preference. The anime has been really good until now so I hope they keep the quality high because the manga is just great imo
Jun 11, 2022 10:06 AM

Sep 2020
Really great episode! the dodge ball game is so intense but also very funny at the same time~
Jun 11, 2022 10:06 AM

Dec 2018
Damian protecting Anya is so kawaii.
Okay, a big body 6 years old boy... And then he start speak, oh no, that's not how a kid voice supposed to have. Lol.
Well, glad they actually lose, since if they win, that would be a cliche.

Jun 11, 2022 10:09 AM
Oct 2020
Alexis9 said:
GeanWolf2000 said:
I know what a filler is. Anyway I didn't enjoy whatever they did too different from the manga if you prefer... it's just a personal preference. The anime has been really good until now so I hope they keep the quality high because the manga is just great imo
they improved the manga, they didn't change anything, the end was the same as the original, and you say no. well i'll take them.
Jun 11, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
this for me, is the funniest episode so far
Jun 11, 2022 10:10 AM

Sep 2021
truly a fantastic episode lmao, the animation was superb and i loved all the references xD
i cant wait for next week if only it came quicker
(╥﹏╥)
May 2020
bro, i was creasing when I heard the 6 year old's voice. he was sounding like the reincarnation of vengeance lol
Jul 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
Alexis9 said:
they improved the manga, they didn't change anything, the end was the same as the original, and you say no. well i'll take them.
we don't understand each other it's fine enjoy :)
Jun 11, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2021
Great episode! It seems there is an opportunity to earn a stella at the dodgeball game in sports. Anya asks Yor for training...
she is very dedicated to win after all that training!
Damian vs Bill Watkins...
He seems a little too old and strong for dodgeball with kids xD.
He even measures airflow and humidity before his shots?!
And gets multiple people out with one shot...
His father depends on him to also earn that stella...
It seems Damian and his friends were also training-but on the climbing frame and tyre swing lol.
Damian's friends protect him from the ball! Emile uses the forbidden face block!
Bill can't hit Anya at all...
Damian protected Anya from getting hit and lost his chance of getting MVP!
ANYA'S KILLER SHOT FAILS!

There was no stella to be awarded in this match anyways...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 11, 2022 10:22 AM
Oct 2020
they spliced ​​a future chapter with the one at the beginning and extended Anya's training with Yor and showed her superhuman strength in more detail and that was great. Damian was also a little more developed in this episode, great

they're improving on the original, they're very dedicated to it, and it's rare. Congratulations to Staff.
Jun 11, 2022 10:22 AM
Apr 2022
aw man i got sad.. for a moment there i though anya could solo the whole team
Jun 11, 2022 10:23 AM
Oct 2020
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! It seems there is an opportunity to earn a stella at the dodgeball game in sports. Anya asks Yor for training...
It seems Damian and his friends were also training-but on the climbing frame and tyre swing lol.
Damian's friends protect him from the ball! Emile uses the forbidden face block!

yeah, Great Episode. REM!!! 💙💖
Jun 11, 2022 10:23 AM
Sep 2018
I’m sad about the ending, I was getting so hyped but it was a let down. Spy family is still my favorite anime though
Jun 11, 2022 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
I still refuse to believe that grown ass mfer Bill is only 6 years old. Even in a show like this, I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that shit 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 11, 2022 10:25 AM
Apr 2022
Komla_6 said:
bro, i was creasing when I heard the 6 year old's voice. he was sounding like the reincarnation of vengeance lol
bro omg me too i honestly hoped he had like a very childish and high pitched voice it would be so funny
Jun 11, 2022 10:26 AM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
It was a wonderfully entertaining episode as usual, but it was pretty predictable that Anya was gonna fail dramatically at the throw. Still funny, but I did kinda groan when it happened.
Jun 11, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
Another episode that totally eschews not just the spy stuff, but for all means and purposes, all of the main characters, choosing instead to just be a sports episode. Note, not a sports parody. I'm 100% certain that it would call itself that, but Galaxy Angel's volleyball episode where every character ineffectually murdered themselves through trying and failing to get off a single serve and then came back to life without explanation while the rivals used only the same looped stock footage and repeated voice line? That was a parody. Hell, even Keijo!!!! has more right to call itself a parody because of how straight it played its ridiculous premise.

This was just Literally Every Single Sports Anime, except with the second and third tier members of the cast taking center stage. The main characters got an early montage and then they did the bad Jump trope of "I know what he's going to do, therefore I have the reaction time of a god," though to be fair, Batman: TAS also pulled that with an accountant becoming a master martial artist by using a stopwatch to measure Wayne's kicking speed. Even that was only about fifteen seconds of the episode though, and again, isn't a parody or even a joke. It's just what sports anime always do. The 'jokes' being the excessive reactions. Maybe you could say that the kids pretending playground equipment was a Dragonball scene was something, but that ain't much to hang a whole damn episode on.
Jun 11, 2022 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
GIBME said:
WOW, the animation quality is something. GREAT EPISODE.

Meanwhile, according to the producers, this episode was produced by WIT STUDIO. The remaining episodes(ep 11, 12) appear to be produced by CloverWorks.
Normally, WIT is odd and Clover is even, but the production order has been changed only this time for dodge ball action quality.
Apparently this episode was done by both wit and cloverworks
Jun 11, 2022 10:34 AM
May 2022
how many references? Yes
Jun 11, 2022 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
Guys, now I can't unsee it.

Jun 11, 2022 10:46 AM

Apr 2018
What an elegant episode, truly one of the best episodes from SpyxFamily. Damian and Anya fighting for their lives xD He even went as far as to scream ''die'' in a dodgeball game. Anya's packing a lot of punches. Forgot to mention that Bill is the GOAT.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 11, 2022 10:47 AM
May 2022
The muscular kid with glasses give me a shock! I can’t believe he is the same age as the others ( ̄∇ ̄)
Also he kinda looks like loid so at first l thought loid came in disguise to help anya but no big disappointment at that part other then that it was an amazing episode had alot fun and laughter while at it.
Jun 11, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2021
Loved how extra it was with the dodge ball game
Jun 11, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
Rem4lifexD said:

yeah, Great Episode. REM!!! 💙💖

I see, a fellow REM IS BEST GIRL SUPPORTER!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 11, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2013
This is all you gotta know from this episode.
Jun 11, 2022 11:06 AM

Jan 2022
Anya's throw rip she trained so hard for it to almost immediately hit the floor :( good episode, it was intense and very funny. It went by so fast
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 11, 2022 11:10 AM
Mar 2020
The best Hunter x Hunter reference I've ever seen. Such a delightful episode
Jun 11, 2022 11:13 AM
Jan 2021
Amnestix said:

Cool episode
By the way, mappa also helped in this episode.
Jun 11, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2015
No Anya smug in comments, what's wrong with you people?
Jun 11, 2022 11:18 AM
Aug 2019
That trope where someone blocks for you and the show plays it up as if it has meaning but haha it doesn’t … is way over-done.

Really brought down the episode for me tbh. I also just didn’t get much out of the episode overall. It’s not enough :/. Hoping the next episode is more interesting like the previous episodes.
Jun 11, 2022 11:33 AM
Oct 2020
ghier said:
That trope where someone blocks for you and the show plays it up as if it has meaning but haha it doesn’t … is way over-done.

Really brought down the episode for me tbh. I also just didn’t get much out of the episode overall. It’s not enough :/. Hoping the next episode is more interesting like the previous episodes.
fool, it's was great. The final was the same in the manga, ANYA FAILED
Jun 11, 2022 11:33 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Damian getting ready for a dodgeball match in which he can earn a star and thus gain his father's attention
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.