Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2022 8:20 PM
Dec 2019
I love seeing this part of the story getting animated. Lol Anya did all that training but she ended up making a crappy throw but she is a master at dodging.
Jun 11, 2022 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
Yor and Anya physical training! Yor's strength is scary. Loid doubted the info about getting a Stella star but just watched over them. The extra-ness of everything in this episode. Becky playing tsukkomi with her side comments lol T_T

It was nice seeing Anya and Damian remain on the field because we got to see them interact without their usual companions. The「中々遣るなお前」was cute hahaha. Becky and Damian's friends are usually the one that gets into the fights, but they can actually get along decently. I hope we get to see more of it. Anya also got to read Damian's thoughts that he has to be MVP for his dad.

The animation when Anya was doing her stance for her ball throw (the frame from the top going down and rotating) + the BGM is such mwa

Next episode preview, Anya going to Loid's "workplace"???
Jun 11, 2022 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
I wanna know what the author was on when he wrote the dodgeball game, because everything about it is absolutely ridiculous in all the best ways. Also, I just have to laugh at Loid asking Yor if she was athletic, as if he hasn't noticed anything unusual about her at all.
Jun 11, 2022 8:34 PM

May 2015
This episode was so freaking good. Anya's training arc with Yor, Damian and his friends training on namek and Bill Watkins (6) demolishing everyone at dodgeball. Too bad there was no actual stella star reward, and it was just made up!
Jun 11, 2022 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Heh, a dodgeball game featuring Anya's class and of course, Damian has to be there. Knowing someone with his pride, he's not going to hold back against anyone. RIP Damian's MVP this episode and, RIP Anya's shot. Maybe next time.

This was one of the most emotional based dodgeball games I've ever seen.

I’ve only seen one dodgeball game more intense. The one from HunterxHunter
Jun 11, 2022 8:57 PM
Apr 2014
Lol good guy Damian
Jun 11, 2022 9:09 PM
Jan 2016
Hilarious eps, hahahaha, we can learn so much with just a dodge ball game, just like I did back in the elementary school, really brings back so much memories...and yeah, just one week practice, what can you expect, hahaha. Children are so pure, hahaha that's why it's so much fun to watch them play like that. And don't forget that Anya's smirk hahahaha
Jun 11, 2022 9:25 PM
Jun 2022
This episode despite the good animation is pretty boring. I can totally skip this episode and wouldn’t miss anything.
Overall: 6/10
Jun 11, 2022 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
they could have made Anya's shot be super strong like Yor's and make the whole audience pog, instead they did this.
Jun 11, 2022 9:42 PM
Sep 2014
Bill's VA had me curious and it almost sounds like his dad is the same guy just throwing his voice differently. Almost thought Shou Hayami or Kenjiro Tsuda, but it doesn't quite fit. If anything, he's as deep as Daisuke Ono, who did do Erwin in AOT and it might be, but I'm just over halfway done and don't want to skip to the credits

It's Hiroki Yasumoto, famous for Sado from Bleach, and King from OPM, as well as Subaru from Food Wars, among many others. That deep voice is distinct enough.
Jun 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
ah, also when they showed Bill's father i was like "no way, i just watched it, thats Bosslar" u know, from 'Love after world domination"
tell me they dont look the same
Jun 11, 2022 9:52 PM

Jun 2021
Damian saving Anya is so cute.
Jun 11, 2022 9:53 PM

Oct 2015
ethan_c2107 said:
Stark700 said:
Heh, a dodgeball game featuring Anya's class and of course, Damian has to be there. Knowing someone with his pride, he's not going to hold back against anyone. RIP Damian's MVP this episode and, RIP Anya's shot. Maybe next time.

This was one of the most emotional based dodgeball games I've ever seen.

I’ve only seen one dodgeball game more intense. The one from HunterxHunter

It about as intense as a elementary school game with the exception of Bill chad.
Jun 11, 2022 10:05 PM
Oct 2020
ejleon said:
I called the end of the dodge ball game before it happened, but was completely disappointed that I was right, since it does not make any sense.

Yor taught Anya to seriously punch. Anya learns from Yor and she was able to seriously punch the mean boy across the hall. So Yor’s teaching benefited Anya, even if it harmed the mission at this time.

Yor teaches Anya to seriously throw a dodge ball. But this time, Anya does not learn to throw like Yor. After stating that she wants to become the body friend for the mission, then the mean boy saves her, then hyping up her next throw, only to produce an extremely lame pathetic failed attempt. Anya loses the match and she complains that Yor doesn’t teach anything that benefits her.

This does not follow the logic in the previous episode and actually took away from the flow of the show.

It would have made more sense to have Anya learn from Yor to throw the ball, seriously knock out that huge kid, impress the boy and her friend, then finds out that there was no metal involved, which would have been humorous.

It would have been so satisfying and hilarious to have that huge kid get a ball to face or gut throw this little girl, knocking him out.

I considered this a failed opportunity to have Anya and Yor get closer, plus to have Anya keep learning training from Yor & Loid.
what doesn't make sense is your comment, I didn't understand anything. Anya called it useless because she didn't succeed, just because of that, you forget she's still a kid.
is it too much for you to understand this?
Jun 11, 2022 10:07 PM
Oct 2020
Scootboi said:
this episode felt like filler. Didnt really help the plot at all, and honestly nothing interesting happened aside from seeing Yor's monstrous strength again.

Dropped from 9 to 8.
shut up, or stop of watch. This not filler.
Jun 11, 2022 10:09 PM

Jul 2016
Dodgeball match episode. My one of anticipating chapters adapted. In its glorious with that animation and over the top direction which elevates that panels.
Bill Watkins cameo the superhuman kid. Anya trained by Yor. And Damian that wants to get the stella stars. That match is both great and hilarious. Anya esper abilities thwarted Bill attacks. But in the the stamina is not enough to beat him. So Damian protects her.

And with the training with her mother Anya does her finishing move, but it fails epicly. At the end the match ends and Anyas team lose. But its not a bad end because Anyas clasmates is getting closer to each other in that match. Overall great episode

Jun 11, 2022 10:15 PM

Oct 2017
I wish the rating could go up to 11, ten is just not enough.
Jun 11, 2022 10:47 PM

Apr 2021
The dodgeball game was fun!!!! Anya's move was.......nevermind!!! I totally forgot about characters like Bill since I read the manga about a year ago anyways it was a cool episode!!
Jun 11, 2022 10:51 PM

Mar 2016
I love when fillers actually expand the canon story even more, after all, this episode is one of the best one by far, in terms of animation and enjoyment, tons of hilarious scenes as well! When a Stella star is rumoured to be the reward of those who earned the title of MVP in the dodgeball tournament, Anya undergoes rigorous shonen-style training to develop her killer move. Against a chunky Bill with muscles that transcend other children of his age, this won't be an easy match. However, through the sacrifice of others and notably, Damian himself! Anya finally got to have a shot at Bill, unfortunately... The strength of a little girl is incomparable to a genuine assassin, Lol.

This dodgeball game somewhat reminded me of the dodgeball game in Hunter x Hunter greed island arc, even their main opponent is similar when it comes to overwhelming physical strength. That's what makes it even more enjoyable than it already is, seeing so many moments where Anya is onscreen further emphasizes how lovely this episode is since the past 3 episodes have seen little of her. And with Damian's interaction, oh man, it's all the more hilarious, the gold standard of wholesome comedy.

All things aside, Bill must've been on a full-on protein diet for all his 6 years of life, lmao, the kid's an absolute beefcake, but after seeing his father, it only made sense that he's this massive. I bet Bill eats a whole cow every day to retain his muscle mass.
Jun 11, 2022 10:53 PM
May 2019
I wished this episode show extra mission "yor hit on her butt". I think this extra mission is the spesial one/unique. But this not happend as i wish. But at least this episode is great adaptation, i cant stop laugh eventhough i already know the plot in the manga.
Jun 11, 2022 11:04 PM

Oct 2014
that was a fun episode. i hope people will now start to realize that this anime is overrated lol.
Jun 11, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2018
Hahahahaha Bill's voice when he called out 'daddy'.
Jun 11, 2022 11:09 PM

Oct 2016
Damian protected Anya from getting hit. How sweet of him.

I was hoping that Anya would win the game though, but oh well. It was still fun to watch.
Jun 11, 2022 11:10 PM

Apr 2020
The dodgeball game was just so great, even if they're facing against a mega-OP Buffalo Bill, atleast Class 4 made some lol shots that it was actually worth it. Also wth is happening with the dialogue, am I watching almost all of the shonen anime I've watched in my childhood condensed into this episode....am I really wrong?

Yor's training didn't do good this time around, and Anya + Damian's quest for their first Stella is still ongoing, though Mr. Henderson was so close to giving them both one....that's a far cry for now.
Jun 11, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
Didn't feel like 20 minutes at all.

There's something so funny in Anya calling someone "Kasayaro" lmao.

"Everything mama teaches me is uselss" haha.

Everyone is talking about references, I at least got one of them, the kage bunshin reference from Naruto, guess it was a good thing to start watching Naruto.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 11, 2022 11:43 PM

Apr 2014
Animation team single handedly carrying this show as usual
So mid overall
Jokes and Anya faces are getting stale
Nothing is really progressing in terms of characters or story
Bet this episode could be cut and nothing of value would be lost
Jun 12, 2022 12:29 AM

Jun 2019
That was such a funny episode. Anya was so adorable and Damian wanted the MVP but he protected our Anya. So, he's a good kid. And, they are so adorable. I love these kids. Also, Yor is the best mom.
Jun 12, 2022 1:02 AM

Jan 2019
Yo, that episode was so funny, I died when the kid jumped in front of Damian to protect him from the ball. ALSO, THAT DBZ REFERENCE.
Anya's the cutest as always, and Damian is starting to show signs that he actually likes her, but yeah, he's a tsundere, he'll never admit it.
Jun 12, 2022 1:14 AM

Oct 2015
Honestly a second watch make it even better. It crazy how much they add on to Yor, she wasn't shown as much b4 a certain arc.
Jun 12, 2022 1:25 AM
Aug 2021
like Haikyuu but with dodgeball
Jun 12, 2022 1:38 AM
Mar 2021
feyyazu35 said:
mappa? This is animated by WIT and Cloverworks.
By the way, mappa also helped in this episode.
not only mappa but, studio hb, production ig, cloverworks, studio massket, madbox, etc they all probably only helped with in between, background art, CG, etc. idk why u only mention Mappa but Studio helping other studio is nothing special.

this ep is mostly done by Wit staff
Jun 12, 2022 2:11 AM

Feb 2008
So many HxH vibes from the dodge ball game, all it needed was for Bill to be voiced by same VA as Razor.
Jun 12, 2022 2:48 AM
Jan 2021
feyyazu35 said:
By the way, mappa also helped in this episode.
not only mappa but, studio hb, production ig, cloverworks, studio massket, madbox, etc they all probably only helped with in between, background art, CG, etc. idk why u only mention Mappa but Studio helping other studio is nothing special.

this ep is mostly done by Wit staff
I already know which studio helped. It is written in the end credits. Why did I mention mappa?Because the topic of mappa was brought up, so I mentioned mappa, otherwise I would have mentioned other studios as well.
Jun 12, 2022 2:49 AM
Feb 2016
GeanWolf2000 said:
Sharri said:
This was supposed to be filler episode! Why was it animated so good! I've seen "high quality" action series with much worse animation and camera work.
You are superficial about what filler is. in general everything has in the manga and additional scenes to improve the narrative. this is called "Enhancing the original".

Dude, I'm talking about it being a filler in the manga. It was created purely to give other characters screen time. It's not bad to have a slower paced chapter to develop interactions between those less important characters (e.g. Damian and his bunch). I just wouldn't expect the studio to go so over the top with animation for it. Take it easy.
Jun 12, 2022 3:09 AM
Aug 2018
It seems no one noticed the reference to Honoo no Toukyuuji Dodge Danpei, that means I'm just old ahahahah

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2228/Honoo_no_Toukyuuji__Dodge_Danpei
Jun 12, 2022 3:18 AM

Apr 2021
GeanWolf2000 said:
ejleon said:
I called the end of the dodge ball game before it happened, but was completely disappointed that I was right, since it does not make any sense.

Yor taught Anya to seriously punch. Anya learns from Yor and she was able to seriously punch the mean boy across the hall. So Yor’s teaching benefited Anya, even if it harmed the mission at this time.

Yor teaches Anya to seriously throw a dodge ball. But this time, Anya does not learn to throw like Yor. After stating that she wants to become the body friend for the mission, then the mean boy saves her, then hyping up her next throw, only to produce an extremely lame pathetic failed attempt. Anya loses the match and she complains that Yor doesn’t teach anything that benefits her.

This does not follow the logic in the previous episode and actually took away from the flow of the show.

It would have made more sense to have Anya learn from Yor to throw the ball, seriously knock out that huge kid, impress the boy and her friend, then finds out that there was no metal involved, which would have been humorous.

It would have been so satisfying and hilarious to have that huge kid get a ball to face or gut throw this little girl, knocking him out.

I considered this a failed opportunity to have Anya and Yor get closer, plus to have Anya keep learning training from Yor & Loid.
what doesn't make sense is your comment, I didn't understand anything. Anya called it useless because she didn't succeed, just because of that, you forget she's still a kid.
is it too much for you to understand this?

Ok since you believe you are so smart and I’m just dumb, then explain how Anya, a little kid, was able to punch the other little kid so hard that he went flying across the hall into the trash can??!!

According to your statements, what should have happened is that when Anya, a little kid, hit the boy, another little kid, it barely even affects the boy.

All you have done is reveal that you don’t use your brain to think logically.
ejleonJun 12, 2022 4:29 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 12, 2022 3:39 AM

Dec 2021
this is the most epic 6 year old dodgeball game i've ever seen.

Also the animation for this episode was fucking incredible.

Jun 12, 2022 3:56 AM

Jan 2019
Nabaat said:
Dude really just yelled "Die" in a dodgeball game

I know age in anime is usually a topic that usually brings some interesting discussions when comparing said age to how the character looks..but there is no way Billy is the same age as all the other kids.

I present you a kind reminder that this series is primarily a comedy.
Jun 12, 2022 4:05 AM

Sep 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
Scootboi said:
this episode felt like filler. Didnt really help the plot at all, and honestly nothing interesting happened aside from seeing Yor's monstrous strength again.

Dropped from 9 to 8.
I mean he's not wrong. Some people actually want to see the plot progress not have pointless episodes that don't do anything or have a lasting impact on the show. I guess this is what appeals to the larger fanbase of the show but all these episodes where nothing really happens just doesn't do it for me.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 12, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2016
AnimeNerd99 said:
I wanna know what the author was on when he wrote the dodgeball game, because everything about it is absolutely ridiculous in all the best ways. Also, I just have to laugh at Loid asking Yor if she was athletic, as if he hasn't noticed anything unusual about her at all.

I laughed the whole way through. A fantastic episode.
Jun 12, 2022 4:35 AM

Oct 2018
funny episode with our cute Anya again :')
like the scene of Dragon Ball paysage ^^
Jun 12, 2022 5:32 AM

Mar 2008
This episode had me laughing quite a few times. I’m sure anyone who has played dodgeball have all had THAT kid on their other side at some point and then fail like Anya at taking them down......please tell me it’s not just me
traedJun 12, 2022 5:36 AM
Jun 12, 2022 5:47 AM

May 2018
That was quite the dodgeball match. Mama truly is useless at teaching lol
Jun 12, 2022 5:51 AM

May 2018
GeanWolf2000 said:
Scootboi said:

Dropped from 9 to 8.

my watch hasn't stopped for a long time.
Jun 12, 2022 6:08 AM
Aug 2019
If the dodgeball match was adapted like this i'm so hyped for (manga spoiler)
Jun 12, 2022 7:40 AM

Apr 2021
Killer shot: Star Catch Arrow *plop* LMAO

Jun 12, 2022 7:57 AM

Feb 2014
I expected this dodgeball episode to be rather wacky and fun, but it ended up exceeding my expectations completely. It was stupidly great fun! XD

First of all, how the hell can Billy be the same age as the other kids while having more muscles on his body than 98% of the entire fanbase of this series? Not just that, but his father, covered by a shadowy silhouette, looks like a huge monster in comparison to be own son, too.

I have to give praise to Damian as well. He did his very best to stop the ball hitting Anya square in the face, but it came at the cost of him getting hit out. Then came Anya's epic build up of her shot, trained by Yor, who could part the lake and destroy trees with her own shots, and the result was an epic fail. She tried, bless her.

What a fun episode and it was made better with how great the animation quality was during the match. =)
Jun 12, 2022 8:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh, never know the dodgeball game can be that intense. Indeed true that i catch some hxh greed island volleyball game vibe here with all those exaggerating visual. Bill kinda like with eyeglasses and more masses, then Damian move him body self to protect Ania. How sweet, kiddo...

Too bad Ania unable to copy Yor incredible power shot and result to their lost in the matter of the speed of light. Still, the way to reach Stellar star always open for the young ladies and gentleman that loves to take any challenges. Or that's what the elegance old man hopes xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2022 8:54 AM
May 2022
It was ok… but it suddenly took this some what funny gag and ran with it.
Jun 12, 2022 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
Greed Island Vibes
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.