Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's refreshing to see Eve outside of the golfing competitive environment. Going shopping with friends looked like fun and she looked nice in those outfits. I was hoping to see Eve face off against Aoi again but seems like that'll be for another time.

The match we did get between Eve and Iseshiba was kinda mediocre, at least compared to the higher level matches imo.

Jun 7, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2019
If two weeks ago, you asked anybody watching this what they wanted to see, I doubt the answer would have been for it to go totally mundane, fashion montages, and minigolf. Perhaps could have predicted it, particularly putting being set to the Metal Gear OST or a random idiot showing up out of nowhere to use an 8 iron to chip shot cheat through a minigolf course, which I'm pretty sure defies a number of laws of physics. But so does her power to stop time, so who's keeping track.

But playing dramatic music is not being dramatic, and the rest of it was as banal as the dressup montage. The other girl has the power of "sees lines," which you might recognize from every single golf game ever made, even Kirby Golf, not to mention Peggle and all its ten trillion clones, while Eve just gorilla smashes the ball and it conveniently ricochets into the hole every time. It's hard to tell if she's even supposed to be styling on them or is just a lucky imbecile. Also, where's the damn obligatory minigolf gorilla and crazy tube contraptions? Why are we even playing minigolf at all if the only obstacle are some small hills?
Jun 7, 2022 9:16 PM
Mar 2021
Start with Saotome is waking up Eve, end with Saotome is helping Eve in assistance. She is better than Vipere in skill atleast.

2 recent episodes secretly a development for Saotome only. Now i must wait few weeks until Tournament begins.

I thought just winning against Mafia like Rose can make Eve so OP, but seems i was wrong. Eve must learns their skill then surpasses them all.
Jun 7, 2022 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
Birdie wing Tuesdays lets gooo!

Felt so bad for Saotome at some points today. Eve was so mean and dismissive of her. I know you wanna play Aoi, but don’t let your obsession control you eve!

As I expected, definitely an adjustment for Eve being at a rich preppy school considering her background. Gonna be fun to see how she continues to adjust.

By far the most intense game of put put golf I’ve ever seen lol. A new rival coming into the picture could be a great development opportunity for Eve. Also nice to see Ishina get some shine with the strategy there!

Fun episode as always. Wish this would get a manga adaptation or something, too hard having to wait 7 days for more lol
Jun 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
Eve is definitely wild and untamed.

I loved the lady killer part, she might have actually made some friends.

Those were some formidable opponents she faced off against, I can't wait to see Eve team up with Aoi against those 2.

I'm glad Eve listened to Ichina and was able to accept her.
Jun 7, 2022 9:51 PM

Nov 2010
  • When I heard the voice of the teacher in charge of high school golf club, I suspected a back-scratching between the anime studio and the voice actor; namely Sunrise group and Furuya Toru who is the VA of Amuro Ray in Gundam.

• After that, it was disclosed that the teacher's name was Amuro. So I checked the database of MAL and I found his full name was Amuro Reiya. It would be their style of joke...

• When I saw the loop course at the mini/putter golf scene, I couldn't tell whether it was another joke or not. But, according to the Net, such kind of course options really exist.

Jun 8, 2022 12:51 AM

Jun 2021
I love this show. What it does, it does so well and makes me enjoy every episode so much.
Jun 8, 2022 1:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow, Eve's new caddy sure came in clutch with the trap reveal

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 8, 2022 1:38 AM

Apr 2014
This anime is getting better and better.
To be with Eve forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHH
They also included mini-golf in this anime, which was very good. So, mini-golf anime when??
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 8, 2022 4:11 AM

Mar 2021
Normally i hate sports anime, but i must say this one started good enough for me to not drop it down (yeah i still watch at least one ep to give it a shoot). But now its getting better and better and its pretty enjoyable.
Jun 8, 2022 5:12 AM

May 2021
Kaoruko's final boss material, especially given how her stand "In Za Zone" works.

Good episode, it was so funny to see Eve in school life; she's a deliquent but with lady-killing scenes. Also introduced her new caddy whose skills were then shown to us in the final mini-game.

Jun 8, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
This show is truly something else. Hooray for Birdie Birdie Tuesdays.

Aoi really chill now, since she knows Eve ain't going nowhere lmao. Eve better not let Aoi know of her other "rivals" now though, cause we just got a new one with Kaoruko.

I don't know how they're able to make high school golf, mini golf much more so to be as batshit insane as this, I love it so much.

Eve really just charmed and grabbed some 2 random gals to show her around Japan, what a chad.

Congrats Saotome for officially being recognized by Eve, Shrimp. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 8, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2021
Aoi wants to trap Eve in school so she can play with her forever. She desperately wants an equal in the realm of golfing. And dang is Aoi making Eve wait for her, she wants Eve at the top of her game.

Eve was way more brutish in these episodes. Probably mad the entire time because she couldn't play Aoi. But despite being a brute she's also a lady killer. She made some fast friends easily to help her kill off steam. Also Eve careful where your raising your leg, your panties are showing.

Caddy girl took a lot of L's in this episode. Eve tried to shake her off but she proved her worth right at the end.

Looks like were also getting some crazy golf superpowers in this episode. I expect nothing less from Birdie Wing. However I was almost hoping they'd go even crazier in the setting and with the people. Oh well, looks like Japan's normal in this universe and Europe is full of the eccentric weirdos. Weird to see that flipped.
Jun 8, 2022 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Eve has descended into Raiou Girls' Academy, and all she ever wants to do is to compete with Aoi in golf, which the latter finds her to be her equal-cum-rival.

Of course, how would the golf club allow Eve to do things as she wants, she's gotta be that way as they keep her in check while she gets used to the school life and shown around Japan, a stark contrast from her life back home. Saotome is truly relentless when she wants to be Eve's caddy, and she'll get her chance when Eve does pick her match with Aoi.

Where there're competitors, there're others "Search the Line" like Kuyo Iseshiba whom challenges Eve to a kids' putt-putt golf of all things. And for things like these, Eve's excessive Green Bullet finds insatiable and brutal ways to reach the putt by hook or by crook, something out of the conventional from the usual golf: Eve's way. Kuyo should thank her senses that pro players like "In the Zone" Kaoruko Iijima came to her rescue to save the lost bet, the same when Saotome stepped to the plate to alleviate Eve off of the intentionally made small trap that could off-set the straight putt. A worthy rival to add to the championship roster.

We should give Eve her own special name: "ZA WARUDO" Evangeline.
And off to the All-Japan Girls High School Golf Doubles Championship we go! That's definitely a mouthful.
Jun 8, 2022 9:32 AM
Oct 2020
Is it just me? Did I miss something? Was no one else surprised that Shinjo is the same age as Aoi? I thought she was 20-something the way she was acting.
Jun 8, 2022 10:21 AM

May 2021
This was one of the most enjoyable episodes yet. The mall montage was ridiculous, the J-Rock theme over some random girls having fun with Eve was too funny, like it is so stereotypical. The mini-golf course also happens to be one of the best golf matches of the series, one can assume that the direction of the matches is always going to be Eve surprising everyone, but the techniques that the other pair used added an interesting comedy effect.

MizutaniShizuku1 said:
Is it just me? Did I miss something? Was no one else surprised that Shinjo is the same age as Aoi? I thought she was 20-something the way she was acting.

Yeah I was surprised too, it seems like a more unfiltered one tone Hayasaka-Kaguya relationship

Jun 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Aug 2019
this is the kind of sports anime i've been searching for
Jun 8, 2022 11:15 AM
Apr 2021
In true anime fashion all the top players have special super moves 😄 love it!
Jun 8, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
ok, this episode was so stupid (or should i say just this scene?)
they literally deleted eve's whole shot personality with that whole dent trap

in the previous 9 episodes she would have shot the ball in the air and straight into the hole or into the flag and down the hole

i swear she will lose cose of Saotome.

on that note, i wish Eve would be like "hmmm, is this how u play too? 9/10"
since both of them were playing the same way..... LINES
6th place with 100% focus too.
So bad omegalol
Angry_By_DefaultJun 8, 2022 2:44 PM
Jun 8, 2022 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
ZA WARUDO! IN THE ZONE!
Jun 8, 2022 9:49 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I live to see Eve make a mockery of Kuyo and putting on a putt-putt course. Ichina is totally going to live up to her name as the number 1 pro caddy, she and Eve already make a fantastic pair.

Oh, and Aoi casually stating her desire to be together with Eve forever to anyone that asks. Girl is so gay for Eve, and now she feels comfortable teasing her with their rematch to come later. I can't wait for them to pair up in the tournament

Jun 9, 2022 6:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Eve in the school time, really not fuckin suit her. As expected she got dumped by Aoi. How on earth she still had a patience? In the name of love, prolly. So, nice, Eve slowly use another help instead of always relying on her bullet shot. Now when thinking about it, she also got some variants: insatiable, and trust? Good. Keep making weird shit, script writer, i support you xd.

Alright, Coach Amuro, from conan zero tea time, successfully making Eve interesting to join the japanese tournament. Hell yeah, must be get the two cour, this show, man. No way its end on this season only...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 9, 2022 10:01 AM
Jan 2015
This show is actually good.
They keep delievering without really repeating themselves, really decent job to say the least.
Making a good content out of show centered around golf is already pretty hard but they manage to make it look fresh, really good job by authors.
VizvezdenecJun 9, 2022 10:09 AM
Jun 9, 2022 10:23 AM
Jan 2015
btw this show looks like kotouka j3 bu but with actual time to develop stuff.
Gainax butchered show I mentioned with too fast switches and 0 time to develop a "genre-arch".
This show seem to be doing much better job of it.
Jun 9, 2022 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
Was totally expecting Eve to suck at mini-golf (precision over brute force) but then I remembered she's the MC. A wasted opportunity to have Ichina's skills receiving more attention, if you ask me.

So... it seems this show will most likely be 2-cour long, huh?
Jun 10, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
haha Eve so bully and aggro this ep!
4/5.

Jun 11, 2022 8:47 AM
Aug 2007
kuroneko99 said:
  • When I heard the voice of the teacher in charge of high school golf club, I suspected a back-scratching between the anime studio and the voice actor; namely Sunrise group and Furuya Toru who is the VA of Amuro Ray in Gundam.

• After that, it was disclosed that the teacher's name was Amuro. So I checked the database of MAL and I found his full name was Amuro Reiya. It would be their style of joke...

• When I saw the loop course at the mini/putter golf scene, I couldn't tell whether it was another joke or not. But, according to the Net, such kind of course options really exist.

Its even funnier when you realize that Eve's teacher is voice by Char
Jun 13, 2022 2:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now Eve is joining the club and having fun outside with her new friends but that little contest was a way to test her to see if she fits the club? Anyway Eve's game at first was almost disrespectful lol but that new opponent appeared and gave her a real challenge, they're on the same level but Saotome really helped Eve well as her new caddy, she definitely should keep her she's great.
Now I really hope that they're planning to do a 2nd season because now that the mafia story is over and that Eve moved to the girls' academy it definitely feels 2 times better.
Jun 15, 2022 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
You might have missed it, but this intense episode has an important piece of lore:

Good thing Satome impressed Eve spotting the trap. And good thing Eve captivated Satome with her womenly charms
Jun 15, 2022 11:13 PM

Nov 2015
kuroneko99 said:

Well is original production of BANDAI
See later o7
Jun 21, 2022 1:42 PM

Oct 2017
Eve the ladykiller. It was really fun watching Eve this episode, specially with her unconventional putting.
Jun 22, 2022 2:13 AM
Sep 2013
Ranger_Chris61 said:
kuroneko99 said:

Its even funnier when you realize that Eve's teacher is voice by Char

You just made my day.
Jul 22, 2022 11:29 PM

Feb 2021
It was a great match, there is a trap too that She almost didn't see it without her partner.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 30, 2022 11:06 PM

Nov 2017
Perfect episode for setup and story. This is where many an anime series falls on its face. Gunning for 26 eps though. Legit setup all the story elements right here, couldn't lost major pace on this one. Impressed.
Jul 31, 2022 6:54 PM
Jul 2016
I really liked this episode for the main fact that we get to see Eve actually behave like a teenager. Living in Japan we can finally get to see her act like other girls her age which is well deserved. I hope the story keeps Eve's mafia past behind and lets her live her life in peace playing golf.
Aug 10, 2022 7:23 PM

Mar 2019
Liked the training montage, especially the eclectic music instead of the traditional motivating rock song. Lets see how they wrap up this legendary tournament in two episodes
Sep 24, 2022 9:08 PM

May 2019
So this show took a quick and sudden turn into some slice of life high school show with a shopping montage. I'm not mad at it.
Dec 12, 2022 3:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
wow, was a shor match, but enough para tense the nerves!!! kekeke
Feb 3, 2023 11:13 AM
Feb 2021
Whata banger. I like how the other two girls had the opposite dynamic of Eve and Aoi, where the refined one was the more aggressive of the two
Apr 24, 2023 7:01 PM

Sep 2022
Seems like both Eve and Aoi have another competitor in their hands. That person being Kuyo. Something tells me that a lot of interesting things will happen at the All Japan Girls golf tournament.
May 18, 2023 10:06 PM

Nov 2013
I'm generally enjoying those episodes about Aoi's school. That's like a different show and i like this second show much more than golf-mafia farce.

GvendolineMay 19, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 31, 2023 10:29 AM
Oct 2023
This episode started slow, but got better as the show went on. I liked the comradery between Eve and her new caddie. I also liked the new rival golfers from the other school. They provided a different feel that I enjoyed. In short, if it wasn't for a slow beginning, this would've been the fourth perfect episode right when Birdie Wing needed it most. Instead, it misses out on one crucial point and remains a dead even 8/10 overall at the ten episode mark. Three episodes to go! Can it get back up to 8.5/10? We shall see!
Jan 6, 10:40 PM

Oct 2022
Finally we get to start seeing some special abilities in this golf anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2022

65 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

53 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 10, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

34 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 8, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 3, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.