Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 20, 2022 2:42 PM
Nov 2019
phantomfandom said:
I want more comedy, this episode is too serious.

I'd say if you think THIS episode is too serious, you're not gonna like the rest of the series.
May 20, 2022 2:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Had been looking forward to seeing this arc animated and I was not disappointed. Very well adapted. They really nailed Koyasu's bubbly energy and sweet demeanor. And seeing Fujiwara interact with the Prez is always hilarious.

Acctra said:
... Also, Kaguya with that ponytail is nice.

Kaguya with a ponytail looks so good its criminal.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 20, 2022 3:47 PM

Apr 2018
Cultural festival incoming which means seeing a thousand different characters at once. The girl with the hat on with blue hair caught my attention, I'd like to see more from her. Aside from that, Ino was really adorable in this episode and she finally stood up for herself which I really found amazing and even managed to climb up the ranks of best girls for this season. Shirogane's balloon got on my nerves but it was worth it. Never thought that Kaguya would confront him so boldly like that. It struck a arrow through my heart, her blush is just way too precious and rest in peace for Chika in the end xD. Forgot to mention about the two interviewers, they're quirky as hell but who wouldn't be like that when they'd see Kaguya with a ponytail?

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 20, 2022 3:53 PM

Apr 2021
Weak episode, understandable considering what's coming.
May 20, 2022 4:28 PM

Jul 2015
Fact checking Chika: True

May 20, 2022 5:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I loved seeing the reporter girls going to each club for an interview, simping for Kaguya was great and Tsubame really killed it with that ball, I cannot blame Ishigami in the slightest for being into her lol. We also met a new character, Ryuju from the astronomy club, it’s interesting that she’s the daughter of a Yakuza, she has a nice design too. Also is it me or was that sleeping bad sus lol. Also the boardgame club was hilarious, battle royale is definitely the best idea for the cultural festival.

It was also nice to see Iino manage to make the bonfire happen, the entire cultural festival committee part was great too with the battle of the Tsubame simps lol, and I can’t remember if we saw Onodera before or not but I like her as well. And the entire Shirogane balloon popping bit was great, loved the back and forth between Kashiwagi and Chika, and Kaguya’s words of encouragement to Shirogane was very sweet. The end was hilarious tho, Chika’s reaction was perfect, poor Shirogane tho.
May 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Jan 2021
We see some Kaguya stands I mean reporters interviewing Kaguya. Even one of them loves Shirogane, that's rare and a win for Shirogane. Bet the reporters two would be really happy to see Shirogane and Kaguya getting together.

Fujiwara was straight up savage when she insulted that girl.

Whats her face, "I don't know anything about raising children Fujiwara."

Fujiwara "Says the girl who's always trying to have some."

This entire season is just Fujiwara suffering, teaching the president again and again. She never learns. She defended him when the other girl insulted him.
May 20, 2022 5:42 PM

Nov 2021
It was enjoyable af....
Can anyone plz tell me in which episode do you think the big moment is gonna happen?
May 20, 2022 5:45 PM

May 2017
Acctra said:
This epsiode had a different vibe around it than previous episodes. Also, Kaguya with that ponytail is nice.

That's because it was a different director. Occasionally studios will allow key staff members to direct single episodes to give them experience and training. This was one such episode.

It was fairly obvious, like you said. The direction was not good.
May 20, 2022 6:54 PM

Oct 2015
Monkey892 said:
This Episode just further proved to me why Kaguya is the best girl

you will see more from this season
May 20, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
Would have loved to see Chika and co.'s battle royale game. Oh well.

Also, the way in how Tsubame was sexualized this episode kinda reminded me of Season 1 Chika.

Overall, weakest episode of the season so far. All of the segments felt mostly flat but guess that's understandable given the build-up nature the entire episode had.
May 20, 2022 8:46 PM

Jun 2020
As long as Koyasu is there you can expect Ishigami to be there

It's unusual to see Kaguya be so serious outside the council room, to be honest and an interview at that

Chika never ceases to exist with her mama instincts, Shirogane with balloons and Kaguya sewing is not a good combination, His troubles do seem to be quite relatable with his inept nature, Kaguya is on a roll in that scene, That end scene the despair.
May 20, 2022 10:02 PM

Jan 2019
Me: "Wow these media club girls are really into Kaguya."

Media Girls: Simp for Tsubame harder than Ishigami.

Me: "Never mind, they're just as thirsty as the rest of us."
May 20, 2022 10:13 PM

Jan 2020
Awesome episode but that's the case every week lmao. I love what they did for the visuals and how it switched the style when they needed to. A great set up with awesome moments like usual.

May 20, 2022 10:26 PM
Jun 2019
It seems A-1 pictures are changing the order of events of the manga, jumping from the rap chapters (107&108) to chapter 115 and onward, likely to fit the entire incredible and phenomenal cultural festival arc, the highlight of most romance manga, in this season. And I really love that idea.

Ishigami competing with the other Tsubame fanboys is just too funny. Lol
"May I add to that?"

Here! Have two blushing Kaguya

Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 20, 2022 10:48 PM
Apr 2014
AnimeNerd99 said:
phantomfandom said:
I want more comedy, this episode is too serious.

I'd say if you think THIS episode is too serious, you're not gonna like the rest of the series.

Yea fr. People are going to hate the actual serious/drama arcs if they cant stand this kind of episode

May 20, 2022 11:12 PM

Nov 2016
This episode just felt really long.
May 20, 2022 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Crayon art in the second chapter animation was good.
May 20, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
The best episode for me, didn't feel that the jokes were "forced" into the episode. Still the execution in manga felt better, but that ending was great ... The PTSD Fujiwara series =/

Also nice to see Erika and Karen make an appearance. The gaming club girls are the best, the PUBG stuff just shows how long has it been since manga started.
May 21, 2022 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
ERIKAREN POG
Direction was great, probably the most well-crafted episode yet, with a lot of cool shots and imaginitive interpretations of the source material.
May 21, 2022 12:18 AM

Apr 2021
I'm getting a lot of goosebumps in this episode even though we're not yet on the most exciting part

May 21, 2022 12:20 AM
Mar 2019
Did nobody see the AMOGUS pillow?
May 21, 2022 12:25 AM

Sep 2020
Shirogane having a heart to heart with Shinomiya was great, it was very cute and very sweet. In the end though, it looks like Shirogane is still going to need teaching.

I'm a little tired of him always needing teaching, it feels like it is all the time now. At least with rapping I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't the same thing but it feels like a joke they always fall back on. Who knows they might surprise me this time unless Chika banging her head against the floor (which was pretty funny to be honest) was the training. The scene setting up for Shirogane and Shinomiya to meet was pretty funny though, her trying her hardest not to give into maternal instincts.

The drama at the festival committee was aight.

Can't wait for the next episode.

May 21, 2022 1:00 AM

May 2021
Amazing build-up,i can almost see something big coming up,Can't wait for the finale.
PS:AMOGUS
May 21, 2022 1:14 AM

Sep 2009
Damn, I need the Tsubame GIF now. -=)
May 21, 2022 2:10 AM

Jun 2019
Another funny episode. Chika is always looking over Shirogane like the mum she is to him. LOL
May 21, 2022 3:21 AM

Nov 2017
結果
いつもの流れ
😏
May 21, 2022 3:32 AM
Apr 2020
Kaguya ep 7 is another banger as always. This one is prob the least exciting tho as it is basically just a build up episode with neat foreshadowing and character moments—but once again the great adaptation truly makes it a blast to watch.

The art style changes and artistic directorial choices are awesome and the references are just 🤌🤌

PUBG
AMOGUS
Even Talking Heads in the end with the narrator repeating "Same as it ever was, same as it ever was" lmao, atleast I think it was referencing their song "Once in a Lifetime" (banger song btw)

This ep is a lot more down to earth and subtle, but equally enjoyable.
May 21, 2022 3:50 AM
Oct 2019
Ahhh looks like Bunkasai is going to be the finale?
A lot of build up in this episode, which is really good.

Ahh yes the Astronomy Club is indeed sus.
Also Helmet Level 3 from PUBG and they even said the name of the helmet "The Spetsnaz Helmet"
Love the gamers reference.

Chika having PTSD once again are just hilarious, it never gets old.
May 21, 2022 4:06 AM
Dec 2021
Just wondering... am I the only one that notices a quality drop in the scenes involving Iino?
May 21, 2022 4:27 AM

Jun 2020
Jeeun_P said:
Just wondering... am I the only one that notices a quality drop in the scenes involving Iino?

I don't think so, the quality is fine in there

May 21, 2022 4:37 AM

Jun 2020
Ishi and the nerds trying to impress tsubame is funny as heck. Miko really wants to do a bonfire, huh? Well good for her because they manage to make it possible.
Mass media club is officially introduced in the anime. Love that duo!
Archer-guya? Cough cough. So hot fr.
LMAO, the among us and pupg reference? Amazing. Momo sounds exactly like how i imagine her to be. And her va is Saori Hayami? Damn, she is talented. I wouldn't even know that is her from the voice. Miyuki looks like an absolute chad in the "like a man" scene. AAAAAA
Kaguya boosting miyuki's confidecne 101. Rip chika

May 21, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2021
Farabeuf said:
Acctra said:
... Also, Kaguya with that ponytail is nice.
Kaguya with a ponytail looks so good its criminal.
I'm just here to agree, KAGUYA WITH THAT PONYTAIL LOOKS AMAZING

May 21, 2022 4:51 AM

Mar 2021

Thighhighs supremacy

Also amogus under her

May 21, 2022 6:41 AM

Feb 2014
The preparation for the festival is underway, but not without some tough obstacles. Miko definitely had a bit of a rough time in the cultural festival committee at first when her ideas or objections were questioned at first, which left her in limbo, but after some encouraging words from Ishigami, Miko revitalised herself and got herself back in top form and went out of her way so that the school could have a bonfire after all. Not just that, but she also got the rather glum Onodera to have fun and smile with her, which was nice. =)

Erika and Karen made for an entertaining interviewing duo, especially when they went all fangirl mode for Kaguya while she was practicing her archery skills. I do hope we see them again, as these two girls were great fun.

No matter how hard she tries to resist, Chika can't help but be in her motherly mode when it comes to helping out Miyuki whenever he is struggling. She's quick to criticise him, but she helps him when he needs it the most. Her defense of him when Kashiwagi was cute, especially with how she roasted Kashigawi with her back comment, too. XD

This episode was great, but it feels like it's going to be continuously building up as the day of the cultural festival gets even closer and closer. I can't wait!
May 21, 2022 7:10 AM

Mar 2013
Chika's new way of overreacting to Miyuki's request is refreshing. I can't get tired of their VAs'.

There's a new wild girl (short blue/teal haired) character that has a mafia? family. I wonder what her roles will be in later developments. I can't wait!
CrazyButNot4UMay 21, 2022 7:14 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 21, 2022 8:18 AM

Jul 2021
It's time for cultural fest!!!!

And seems like we might get a Shirogane and Kaguya christmas date haha but that's too good to be true.

The last part got me sooo good, the doshte? nande?, was just gold.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 21, 2022 9:03 AM

Oct 2016
God, that was fantastic, CULTURE FESTIVAL, LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

Karen and Erika the eternal Kaguya worshipers has now been formally introduced, and of course Momo as well. Saori Hayami voicing Momo is fucking sick, and she sounds different too from her usual roles.

"Says the girl who does things that could produce children," oof.

Love that effect they had when Miyuki was popping those balloons. Hngh, look at that, Kaguya and Miyuki interacting, no tricks, no games, just genuine fluff. Give me the rest of the festival now.
May 21, 2022 10:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Paul_Foreign said:

Thighhighs supremacy

Also amogus under her

Have to agree. That waist to hip ratio is fire too
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2022 11:29 AM

Oct 2015
Loved how Ishigami blended well with the committee, the face off between him and that glasses guy was hilarious, if only it was a little longer. Ishigami glows on every scene, I love that guy, if I was in high school with him I would've been interested in him. Iino was Awesome too, liked how she never gave up on the outcast and pushed through.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2022 12:29 PM

Mar 2021
Farabeuf said:
Paul_Foreign said:

Thighhighs supremacy

Also amogus under her
Have to agree. That waist to hip ratio is fire too
Ah I see you're a man of culture as well (yes it's fire)

May 21, 2022 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
The balloons at the end was terrific but the beginning parts with the cultural festival meeting and the interviews weren't so great for me especially the middle portion. At least the beginning had a bit of Ishigami and Ino.
May 21, 2022 2:54 PM

Jun 2019
Might have been the most underwhelming episode this season. It was mostly introducing new characters and setup for the culture festival. Each part had some funny moments, but it didn’t feel very memorable or distinct.

Miyuki showing some vulnerability to Kaguya with the balloons shows progress though. He first learned how to play volleyball to not embarrass himself infront of her and now he’s comfortable showing that side. That’s important groundwork for an actual confession.
May 21, 2022 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, the episode wasn't bad, but it was definitely one of the weakest of the entire show. The whole segment of the 2 girls simping for Kaguya gave me PTSD of Komi-san. But I did like the emotional convo between shirogane and kaguya, and of course the final joke. I think it's just a 7/10 for this one
May 21, 2022 3:33 PM
Aug 2016
bokuto____SAN said:
It was enjoyable af....
Can anyone plz tell me in which episode do you think the big moment is gonna happen?

Last episode, duh? Maybe the second-last episode if there are 13 this season. (But even then, probably still episode 13.)

Joey-XD19202 said:
It seems A-1 pictures are changing the order of events of the manga, jumping from the rap chapters (107&108) to chapter 115 and onward, likely to fit the entire incredible and phenomenal cultural festival arc, the highlight of most romance manga, in this season. And I really love that idea.

??
The first two episodes adapted a couple of chapters early. S2, the OVA and the Teaser Trailer did some as well. (Chapters 96 (OVA), 100+101 (S2 finale), 102 (E01), 103 (E02), 110 (S3 PV) and finally 117 (E01).)

From episode 3 onward everything so far has been adapted in order, with only a single skipped chapter last week. (Chapter 112. Which might still show up next week, but I wouldn't count on it.)
May 21, 2022 5:31 PM

Aug 2017
Forgot about the game club. i mean it's run by Chika so one can only expect chaos

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 21, 2022 5:58 PM
Aug 2016
Remocracy said:
Forgot about the game club. i mean it's run by Chika so one can only expect chaos
The girl that sat in the middle during the interview is actually the Tabletop Game Club president. Despite being a first year, she's referred to as Makki-senhai by her clubmates.

Not senpai, 'cause she lost the ゜from ぱ [pa] in a penalty game, turning it into a は [ha].

The girl in the helmet is Gigako, who similarly had her name changed in a penalty game, she was previously known as Terako.
Ark_EvensongMay 21, 2022 6:17 PM
May 21, 2022 6:00 PM

Aug 2017
Ark_Evensong said:
Remocracy said:
The girl that sat in the middle during the interview is actually the Board Game Club president. Despite being a first year, she's referred to as Makki-senhai by her clubmates.

Not senpai, 'cause she lost the ゜from ぱ [pa] in a penalty game, turning it into a は [ha].

The girl in the helmet is Gigako, who similarly had her name changed in a penalty game, she was previously known as Terako.
Well Chika is one of the members if I’m not mistaken, right?

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 21, 2022 6:17 PM
Aug 2016
Remocracy said:
Well Chika is one of the members if I’m not mistaken, right?

She is, but Makki-senhai very much runs the show at the Tabletop Gaming Club.

Character introduction excerpt from possible later episode:
May 21, 2022 9:20 PM

Apr 2022
Lot's of Miyuki's genius moves here that are easy to miss.
Also, I feel like catmaid is coming
To toxic fans: Atleast wait for an anime season to end before you go on tantrum.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.