Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
No doubt that the Godai Ballet School has wowed the audience, but when it comes to pure ballet, it didn't meet the expectations of the event's head judge: Ayako Oikawa of the Oikawa Haruka Ballet Academy (whom Chizuru has connections to) who can only label Junpei's ballet style for mockery and not "art". With that effect, Luou's overseas competition support is nullified, and Chizuru faces an onslaught of parents' complaints while Junpei and Miyako took the children taught under her out of adults' worries for the n reputation built because of Junpei's bizarre behaviour. It's all on Chizuru.

But Junpei will not go down easily, and his motivation for ballet now is to impress Ayako Oikawa by attending her prestigious 8-day boys' ballet Summer class, and somehow managing to infiltrate her class (with Luou) to give them a spot to test their valour. Truly, Ayako Oikawa is a scary teacher whom wants the best of the best by stealing talent from all over the land.

Instructor Nakamura wasn't wrong to sense how Ayako would've spotted Junpei because of his abilties, and much of Junpei's practice is from dancing to the musical tunes to enhancing basic techniques. But for Luou, it wouldn't be himself if Junpei didn't address a challenge to him, and he did his usual has expected of a professional ballet dancer. Junpei dances to the tune of difference anyways. The granny pianist Tsumamura easily spots Junpei's boredom, and bringing him to Ayako's SS "Special Student" Class for the legit potential pros are truly on another level, capturing fine details that he's "too unaware" of his own skills of his own dancing and ballet interpretation.

Junpei's just too selfish to ever think for other people, that's his shortcoming. But hopefully he improves from now on.
KANLen09May 13, 2022 8:17 PM
May 13, 2022 12:35 PM
Sep 2015
Thanks to that highbrow ballet critic that not only knock Junpei to the ground but also let him (and Luoh) attend her class sample. Junpei can learn a lot from both school.
May 13, 2022 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Man... it was what I expected. The aftermath of the performance wasn't good at all. So many flaws were pointed out and Junpei was told to quit ballet. Luou felt ashamed and even the parents asked Sensei to make him quit. But, props to her, she didn't drop him, Junpei and Luou joined Ayako's summer camp. Nobody knows how it's gonna go. Dio-sensei is doing strict but a good job. Ayako is an interesting woman.

Things are moving slowly for Junpei but he finally getting the grasp of Ballet. And, it is hitting him hard but he needs to refine everything he knows so far. Loving this show so much. The Ballet animation is just so darn good. You can feel when someone is off-sync and when someone made a mistake and when someone's doing a great job. Oh... it's so good.
May 13, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
Ayako-sensei have this strange feels of a villain but is likeable.

Luou is fuelled by how much you challenge him about his ballet skills.

Was good that at the end Junpei got a true advice that he needed.
May 13, 2022 1:45 PM
Feb 2021
Every episode I fall in love even more with this anime, it has such a good pacing and character development with such a beautiful animation; combined with the uniqueness of ballet, it's just amazing. But I feel kinda bad as seemingly it's not getting enough attention and probably won't recieve a second season.
May 13, 2022 2:33 PM
Mar 2022
I love this series so much! The main character feels really unique in the way he doesn’t care what others think about him and is willing to make a fool of himself to do what he loves. I’m also loving his friendship with Luou!! How he knows that he is competitive and uses that to motivate him and pull him out of his shell it’s a really cute friendship forming
May 13, 2022 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
I love Junpei as he is, but some character progression is in order.

The old lady Tsumamura had a huge effect on him.

And even Ayako-sensei sees a diamond in the rough in spite of her harsh words. She didn't let him join her summer class just to embarass in the end.

This series is getting more exciting with each episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2022 5:25 PM
Oct 2020
Yeesh, having Takehito Koyasu as a ballet instructors no joke, but Junpei seems to be learning more in this episode…even if it’s just slightly.
May 13, 2022 6:40 PM
Mar 2015
Junpei finally realixes what ballet His teacher is a real bitch
May 13, 2022 7:14 PM
Jun 2019
Great episode as expected
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 14, 2022 4:53 AM

Apr 2018
Always great to see some character development.
May 14, 2022 6:34 AM

Oct 2016
It's nice to Junpei reflect on his actions, and while Oikawa is harsh, she ain't 100% wrong. Plus, she definitely sees the potential in Junpei and Luou.

If Junpei can mix his self expression with whatever things he learns in this workshop, then he'll be a killer.

Really liking how Junpei and Luou's relationship is developing too.

We got some really nice camera work this episode.
May 14, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2021
Loved Junpei's introspection in this episode. Done really well. Also liked the fact that breaking the choreography had consequences.

May 14, 2022 7:32 AM
Apr 2022
Glad that Junpei can now reflect on his past mistakes. It was a much needed character development after his reckless performance at the ballet festival. Good episode.
May 14, 2022 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
Feeling a lot more shounen than seinen when the oh so elegant opposition makes a spectacle of herself bringing her criticisms into someone else's award announcement and engaging with Junpei. Shouldn't that be way, way beneath her? Also have Junpei immediately being buddy buddy again with his old friend while still pretending to be on Luou's side. That I can more realistically attribute to him being a stupid, stupid kid, but it's not pleasant. Overall didn't feel good about this episode.
May 14, 2022 5:24 PM

Jan 2020
I would say that things are progressing a little faster than I had expected, but it makes sense considering they only have a couple of episodes left. I wish this was a long cour, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 14, 2022 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
I am conflicted about the old instructor lady. Like, I kind of agree that you can't just start improvising on stage, but she also said it's because it's art, but doesn't art include constantly pushing your limits to see what else you can achieve with your body?

Argument on stage! That got me anxious! I wish that scene took place backstage or something.

I have a feeling Hyou-chan won't be showing up anymore. Even if he does show up, it'll only be for a cameo. Just feels like his arc is over, and since he isn't one of the danseurs, he probably won't start a new arc.

Junpei did something nice by taking Luou to the ballet studio, and also getting him to try his best.

Old lady pianist seems nice. She tried to help out a kid who was frustrated.

I am surprised they hand animated a promenade. Even the feet motion! It looked beautiful! (I wish MAPPA had animated Blue Period too! lol)

Maybe because Miyako wasn't here, but I liked this episode the most so far. Junpei finally did something on his own, so his decision felt more special.
May 15, 2022 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
11 episode is not enought !!

this is truly interesting and very good !!
May 15, 2022 11:28 AM

Aug 2019
The final scene was fantastic. I'm delighted they're getting to know each other better. Junpei needs to learn to be more responsible and disciplined.
May 15, 2022 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
Dio teaching ballet was slightly off putting lmao!!!
May 16, 2022 12:29 AM

May 2017
Junpei is an absolute icon
May 16, 2022 6:01 PM

Oct 2016
Of course I'm disappointed that Ruou didn't get the title of MVP. However, as a former theater student, I understand Oikawa's reasoning. If I and/or any of the other theater students had done that during our performance, I'm confident that none of us would get the role as main character for our next play xD
May 17, 2022 1:44 AM
Feb 2022
i'm glad junpei faced consequences, suddenly improvising was a dick move and i would've hated if they made it out to be successful.
he's also finally understanding the importance of basics! it honestly kinda pisses me off how he keeps questioning professionals with years and years of experience when he's only danced for three months. the oikawa class will definitely be good for him.
May 18, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2021

Yeah, the calling out was both too obvious and extremely out of tune, as it diminished the MVP impact. A different approach could have been keeping the MVP part, dealing with the reaction of each character internally, and then providing the conversations in private. I don't think that it would be too different and Junpei wouldn't have this annoying aura around him lmao

May 19, 2022 6:35 PM

Jul 2016
My boy made a mistake and took responsibility like a man. Way to go, Junpei.

Pretty solid episode. Junpei's development continues to be quite satisfying to see and as for the elitist old hag, I'm glad her intervention in the story ended up being used as a catalyst for Junpei to reach new heights.
Jun 14, 2022 6:34 PM

Aug 2018
With what happened in the performance, they chose someone else. And because of that, Junpei wants to show Ayako Oikawa that he can.
Good chapter.
Jun 30, 2022 5:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Oikawa is frustrating, but now it gives Junpei a goal to impress her and let her see his skills, so going to the summer stage at her school with Ruou is the way to do it but seems like he still has a lot to learn.. not surprising since he only started 3 months ago
Sep 4, 2022 5:44 PM

Aug 2015
I'm glad the piano lady helped Junpei realize how arrogant he was being, and that he also realized he relied on Luou during the performance. It was also good that he saw an opportunity and took Luou with him to the summer class. I wonder if Luou's trauma is mostly caused by his grandmother? I look forward to seeing how both of their character's develop.

(Honestly though, I was surprised Junpei talked back to the judge at the performance :O Like he even judged saying she probably wasn't good. This dummy. And we'll see if the students enroll back at the school once the summer class is over, and he has gained the recognition of the other instructor/judge).
Oct 7, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 2022
Beautiful old piano laady
Dec 21, 2022 12:35 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Junpei only wants advance, advance and advance!!! kekeke
Feb 1, 10:42 PM

Feb 2019
villainess wants to poach those two, but i don't think she'll win. i mean, those two just wants her acknowledgement of their talents, not to join her school

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2022

88 by Hoshi14 »»
Apr 21, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 3, 2022

45 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 27, 2022

59 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 20, 2022

33 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 6, 2022

62 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.