Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 14, 2022 12:47 PM

Jun 2019
Felt like a return to it’s more grounded roots. Both visually and thematically. It was good ole “Kaguya and Miyuki try to do something in the most roundabout way” and the visuals weren’t as bombastic and creative as in previous episodes. Not a flaw, just somehing interesting that I noticed. It was still a very funny episode.
May 14, 2022 2:10 PM
Nov 2021
cchigu said:
NikoBelic911 said:
Is that anime(Bakuman) good in which is the ending song u shared?
Bakuman is a great show, one of the best Jump shows out there for sure.

oops! that quote made my day
May 14, 2022 2:17 PM

May 2009
I knew they'd reference Rose of Versailles once again. It's the fourth time they've done it, just one week prior to the 50th anniversary of the manga's original release.
May 14, 2022 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
Damn a good episode, I finally laughed uncontrollably.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 15, 2022 4:31 AM

Apr 2018
Objectively, I am indeed a worthless man in eyes of women.

Hayasaka and her mother were very cute together.
May 15, 2022 5:21 AM

Dec 2020
Lmao those eyes are perfect

May 15, 2022 6:17 AM

Jun 2010
I guess Kaguya will go to Standford too.
May 15, 2022 7:42 AM
Apr 2021
it was a nice episode but why is no one talking about doraemon's head popping out of the drawer, i guess im overly excited over it because doraemon was like half my childhood
May 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! another superb episode!!! especially when both are one deadlock on how the two could discreetly ask each other for a date!!!
the VA of the Mom of Hayasaca was Endou Aya???
5/5!

May 15, 2022 10:47 AM
Jul 2020
Wow, Hayasaka's mother first appeared, her appearance and way of thinking were very similar. The scene of Iino Miko being shy when she thought she would be shot by Shirogane Miyuki was very funny.

May 15, 2022 12:35 PM

Aug 2019
It took 2 and a half seasons, but we're finally getting some actual stakes in this story.

Also, between Hayasaka being a mama's girl and the asking out phase, this has been the cutest episode to me yet.
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

May 15, 2022 1:08 PM
Jan 2022
ITS GOING TO END SOON GUYS WHAT THE HELL IT ALL HAPPENED SO QUICKLY
May 15, 2022 6:39 PM

Nov 2019
this episode had a lot in term with comedy and a bit of sadness it is about time they start focusing on the two lovebirds more cant wait for ep 8
May 15, 2022 7:42 PM

Dec 2020
"between a ceo or a neet" DAMN😭😭😭 neet is an option for his career choices. and its on par with being a ceo hellooo

kaguya waiting only with hayasaka and seeing hayasaka getting all giddy genuinely happy with her mom while she Knows hers aren't coming was heart breakinggg BUT THEN SHIROGANE PAPA JUST STARTED TO SHOW UP AND RILLED US IN WITH THE COMEDY. shirogane wanting to study abroad i fucking knew itttt. but that only makes his determination stronger GOOD ON HIMM!!!

that whole asking a date scene god damnit😭😭😭 and shirogane trying to "look at himself objectively" lmaoo KAGUYA UNINTENTIONALLY GETTING POINTS THO!!!! THATS MY GIRLL
May 15, 2022 10:42 PM

Nov 2009
Hayasaka's Mom seems like she could be really fun to be around with, LOL.

And Shirogane's Dad... being himself as ever being the "behind" of things that's happening.

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Kaguya rejecting Pres's invite cause she's never expect that to happen.

Then they both gets rekted by the others and mindbreaked.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 15, 2022 10:54 PM

Jan 2019
I was physically exhausted after watching this. Laughter and tension, what a mix this series delivers.

Parent teacher conferences, meeting Mrs. Hayasaka (and seeing her be even more twisted than her daughter), Shirogane's decision to go to Stanford.... Chika realizing her type... oh my!

The stage is set for something incredible. I cannot wait.
May 16, 2022 1:14 AM
Aug 2021
Mama Hayasaka and Papa Shirogane best parents :3
May 16, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2016
Wow what an episode, by far the best of this season so far. So many amazing moments and seems like story is really moving forward now.

Also Osaragi you douchebag, don't just talk to yourself, actually reply to the poor girl's messages.
May 16, 2022 10:33 AM

May 2015
Papa shirogane is the best :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 17, 2022 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
What a marvelous anime, binge-watching all 3 seasons in one and a half day. Shiroganes going to Stanford...it seems that this anime will take an emotional / sad path :(
May 21, 2022 6:20 AM

Aug 2017
This scene had me laugh like hell, it was so smooth lol

Each episode just keeps getting better and better but I would have liked it if miyuki and kaguya would have been able to go on a date for the cultural festival. Hopefully soon.
May 23, 2022 4:18 AM

Dec 2018
okay this was an actually great episode
that part with the "prince" business had me rolling
May 23, 2022 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, so that's where this season is headed. This is going to be quite the ride. As others have said, we are heading into one of the best arcs in the history of manga, now in beautiful, passionately-made anime form.

Hayasaka is so different with her mom, she's much cuter and sounds much younger. Her mom's personality though lmao

Man this series is always so hilarious. I can't count how many times I chuckled, especially when Kaguya and Shirogane tried to invite each other out on a date lol
May 23, 2022 12:13 PM

Aug 2019
They were so close to going out on a date. Ishigami and Shirogane did, however, have a good time in the end.
May 23, 2022 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
Hayamama and Papagane are so similar in their personality, that it won't surprise me if they become best friends. Additionally, it's sweet of them to offer their presence when Kaguya has no father or mother to visit her parent-teacher meeting.

On a more serious note, things are changing now that it's been revealed that Miyuki wishes to study at Stanford University, located not only outside of the country but on an entirely different continent altogether! His days with his fellow friends and Kaguya is numbered. For that reason, it's why Papagane's advice to Miyuki is so important. Gotta handle any unfinished business here first before moving there.

Speaking of which, the OP shows Miyuki and Kaguya amongst a number of ticking clocks, that symbolism is so fitting after the events of this episode.
May 25, 2022 2:34 AM

Apr 2015
Man the part where Shirogane is thinking about confessing to Kaguya because he wont be able to meet her after their school life is over hits pretty hard.
Went through same situation and it is quite depressing but was glad to see Shirogane making up his mind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
So much good stuff in this episode. We got to see new side of Hayasaka, her mother is super fun, Shirogane's father's every line is golden... then some interesting progression to actual story and then again top tier comedy at the expense of Shirogane.
May 27, 2022 12:14 PM

Apr 2021
So the anime's finally reached here aye? In a way you could say the final part's begun!!! He's plannin on confessin if she doesn't!!!! I'm so hyped(once again) for this culture festival arc!!!
May 28, 2022 2:25 PM

Oct 2017
Marinate1016 said:
I like how they highlighted kaguya’s feelings about Hayasaka’s mom being in her life and coming to school events. Last episode Hayaska rapped about how Kaguya basically has this great life with Hayasaka being the one doing all the heavy lifting, but Kaguya kinda feels the same about Ai for different reasons.

Ino again was the highlight of the episode for me. Her “confession” scene with Shirogane had me dying lol.

No idea why they cut out chapter 112 tho.

Dude one of the funniest episodes yet, lmao and the way the blonde chicks mom and prezs dad stepped in like were here, were the parents to kaguya had me rolling lmfao, that shit was hilarious

and then the greatest roast ever on shirogane yet, hes gotten talked down alot and dirty to by fugiwara, but this one really took it to next levels lmao they treated him like he was the nerdy, one ishigami or whatever his name is, lol it had me rollen
May 30, 2022 1:16 AM

Jun 2015
Something I both love and hate about this anime is that it's able to make me feel so many different and completely opposed emotions in a time as short as 24 minutes. This is great because it's impressive. I've never seen any anime or series or anything as capable of doing this as this anime so it's a proof of excellent writing and story telling skills. It's also good because experiencing this flow of emotions is just a pleasing thing but the problem is the rate is so fast we don't find the time to get our fill of feels.

Jun 3, 2022 7:18 PM
Dec 2019
Good episode but it's sad that Shirogane is going abroad. Now he has to put his pride aside if he wants to be with Shinomiya
Jun 7, 2022 11:28 PM

Aug 2018
Future plans.
Miyuki is going to study abroad, but first he has one thing to do:
CONFESS TO KAGUYA.
He tried to go on a "date". But due to the situations, he couldn't go with her. Although he had a good time with Ishigami xd
Let's see what will happen, good chapter.
Hayasaka was adorable with his mother, while Miyuki's father hahaha xD.
Jun 8, 2022 7:35 AM
Aug 2021
Aww, this episode feels a bit sad :(
Jun 11, 2022 2:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohhh Hayasaka and her mother during the parent - teacher meeting, well that was pretty good too bad Shirogane and Kaguya couldn't go to the school festival together, and Shirogane got insulted by Iino and Chika but at least he still has Kaguya for him xD
Jun 12, 2022 10:37 PM
Nov 2010
That Lady Oscar parody ...
Priceless XD
Jun 16, 2022 8:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Very funny episode, this is the standart quality adaptation I have expected from this series, what that means is that completly overshadows almost everything, but you kinda set your expectations to be at least this much for Kaguya sama since the studios has always managed to keep delivering so far.

Was nice to see daddy Shirogane back to torment Kaguya, this time with Hayasaka mom!
The mood for confessing is setup up nicely and neither both leads cant lie to themselves any more, that was a nice tag team they were doing to gather courage to ask one another, and for last, I like how this episode slowly dwelved more into Shirogane's personality and values, we have been having that here and there since S1 and this is going to play a major role more and more even after S3 ends, the manga really does an amazing job of doing it in a way that is not in your face but has been there all long, growing slowly but surely.

Ever since I started to read the manga, and after S1 started airing, this series in particular as peaked the romcom genre for me, since late 2018, whenever I want some amazing romcom that goes further, I can count on Kaguya sama!
After the manga ends, unless something as good as romcom comes up, I dont think I will ever again have so much fun with romcom, like I have been having these past years, doubt I m alone on this feeling.
PlaycoolJun 16, 2022 8:27 AM
Jun 20, 2022 3:15 AM
Apr 2022
Shirogane and Kaguya sure had some deep feelings for each other
It will be sad when they graduate
Jun 25, 2022 4:52 PM

Sep 2007
cchigu said:
Here is an interesting tidbit for y'all. If you notice carefully, Miyuki can be seen carrying a TOEFL guide book in the book store during the first part of S02E04, the sketch where Hayasaka <3 tries to seduce Miyuki for the first time. And TOEFL, for those who don't know, is a necessary exam that you need to take for proving you proficiency in English, especially if you are trying to apply for a higher education in United States. Gosh, reminds me of my past.

Akasaka Aka had been weaving the web and spinning the gears to put what is to come in motion for a long time unbeknown to much of the audience. And these small details are one of the things that makes me love this franchise so much.

This episode also serves as a soft point of no return for the series as well as makes it completely clear that we will never be returning to the days of braingames between Miyuki and Kaguya.

The remaining episodes of this season will cover the finest chapters ever written in the whole manga medium.

The next six fridays are going to be something truly special. And I'm here foe them!

Couldn't have put it better myself

Jul 2, 2022 5:13 PM

Jan 2020
Another episode where Fujiwara Shoki proves that she's carrying the show. Also, what an unexpected turn of events!!! Kaichou going to Stanford? I wonder how things will go from here on out.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 3, 2022 12:24 PM

Aug 2019
Oh my God I didn't expect to see a Hayasaka mom appearance at all in this show, what an absolute time to be breathing oxygen right now. Seeing that Hayasaka was a mothers girl was cute af and i'm absolutely blessed to be able to witness not just one Hayasaka, but two on my screen at once in real time. Látom

Absolutely love Shirogane dad's personality, he can spit out the wildest things about youth like a dad while keeping such a serious and straight face. Also that Koyasu Takehito ASMR we got I literally felt down to my bones. Nao-san and Father Shirogane collectively deciding to be Shinomiya's step in parents made me laugh more then it should of, its just how they both agreed to it so quickly and how although Father Shirogane time with Shinomiya has been quite short he's already volunteering to be a step in parent for her,

Haha parent confrontation or "parents evening" as we call it here what fun times. My last parents evening i had my music teacher absolutely obliterate me right in front of my parents while keeping permanent eye contact with me as I just sat and watched. Fun memories.

Second half was wild, Shirogane studying oversees seems like a decent way to push the plot forward, but the hardest part of confessing begins. Poor Shirogane building up all his courage just so Shinomiya overcomplicates the question and lets the poor man down, then after we see a r/roastme thread starring Shirogane. Suprisingly we see Iino hurt herself emotionally in the process as well as Fujiwara indirectly coming to the conclusion Shirogane is her type of man, before Shinomiya fixes Shirogane's emotional state, before it goes tumbling down again and Shirogane spends his culture festival with Ishigami.

So i'm guessing with this arc we are offically reaching true endgame for this series now? i'm not ready.
Jul 12, 2022 9:05 PM

Feb 2021
Everyone has their own perspective that's why people will be liked and disliked :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 1, 2022 1:36 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Still feels bad that Kaguya is yet again left out.
Aug 23, 2022 3:57 AM
Aug 2022
Now supporting characters are more appear in episodes.
Sep 1, 2022 9:39 PM
Jan 2022
wow ishigame was here the whole time and i didnt notice...
Sep 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Jul 2022
amazing. love this show
Sep 18, 2022 5:37 AM
Dec 2021
Absolutely legendary.
Sep 26, 2022 2:49 AM
Feb 2021
Funny as hell. As always.
Sep 29, 2022 4:46 PM
Feb 2022
nice episode yo yo yo yo yo yo yo
Oct 24, 2022 10:22 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode, Hayasaka's Mom is very wholesome. Hopefully Shirogane can confesse.
Oct 29, 2022 1:18 AM

Feb 2020
Kaguya doesn't want him to change... :D
Damn, though... President is about to leave for college abroad. That's pretty much the last nail in the coffin, for them. Unless they get married fresh out of high school so that she could join him in the States or he drops Stanford in favor of a Japanese elite college.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.