Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 9, 2022 3:04 AM
May 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:
xdoubtx said:

The name of the girl never revealed. And that's the last you will see her. Atleast yet because the manga is still ongoing.

That's unfortunate :( I'm pretty think we will see her and Ashito's other friends again later though, considering how close they are. They will most likely appear before Ashito's playing an important match or when he returns to his hometown.

Actually.. we will see her again. Kinda.

There's a spinoff manga that focuses on what happens to Ashito's brother, Shun - The title is Ao Ashi Brotherfoot. But it branches from the main story at maybe episode 30-ish, going at our current pace. You will see her again in there. Who knows, if Aoashi got big enough, maybe we'll get an OVA of that. Not counting on it though.

Spoilers for that spinoff manga, don't look if you want to read it freshly:

em_doubleyouMay 9, 2022 3:09 AM
May 9, 2022 3:16 AM

Dec 2020
broo this was fuckedd upp. i already knew which direction this episode was gonna go. how it'll play out, i guessed that when the bro gave him the bag at the train it probably contains an emotional letter, and when there was a box it was definitely new shoes, i was right with each and every one of my guesses but nevertheless i still cried like a bitch. like a Hard hard cry, no noise no nothing just tears pouring down

that seriously hit me so hard in the feels??? ive never experienced those but i relate to it so bad. because i Know my parents would do the same thing. when i do find something i love and want to chase, they'll fully support me. no matter what it is. they'd tell me "dont worry about the money, we'll figure it out, we can finally use our savings for you", and as loving and expressional they are, they wouldn't show an inch of sadness when i go but my dad would probably send me a vid recording of his farewell messages to me, and my mom a long ass text when im on my way. its just. holy shittt

i truly felt the love ashita felt here. though i probably wouldn't be able to hold my tears that long lol, when my friends are there id take pics with them, go hop on the train and pretend that i need to piss or something because i just couldn't hold my tears any longer. the letter bit with scenes of the mom going on her day was just.. FUCK. you truly, truly can see how much she cares for them. she's been raising them alone for so long and somehow the youngest one is suddenly going away. irs so oh my god im definitely repeating my words here but #!_++$(_ THAT WAS SO GOOD. okay ill end it with that, that was. so. damn. good.
May 9, 2022 4:21 AM

Jan 2020
em_doubleyou said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

That's unfortunate :( I'm pretty think we will see her and Ashito's other friends again later though, considering how close they are. They will most likely appear before Ashito's playing an important match or when he returns to his hometown.

Actually.. we will see her again. Kinda.

There's a spinoff manga that focuses on what happens to Ashito's brother, Shun - The title is Ao Ashi Brotherfoot. But it branches from the main story at maybe episode 30-ish, going at our current pace. You will see her again in there. Who knows, if Aoashi got big enough, maybe we'll get an OVA of that. Not counting on it though.

Spoilers for that spinoff manga, don't look if you want to read it freshly:

An OVA is probably asking for too much, but I'm gonna read the manga anyway
May 9, 2022 4:22 AM
May 2020
Bealtiful

Touching episode football is set aside to make room for the farewell dramas, we can see all the mother's feelings, the weight of goodbye to schoolmates.
The whole farewell mood ends in a climax of the present, the boot is the symbol of all the mother's effort, the expression of love through sacrifice. I hope that the next episodes manage to maintain the level of this
May 9, 2022 5:06 AM
Nov 2020
I watched this on Mother's day 🥺
May 9, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 2016
wow, great episode. I'm confident in saying that this whole episode was directed and adapted as best as it could, and it really showed with how each scene was paced and sequenced as a whole. started watching this to kill time but how the staff and VA's handled this episode is making me look forward to it's continued adaptation.
May 9, 2022 9:07 AM
Jul 2015
Seriously, this anime & manga is so underated. The best episode so far.

Bewarn, that this series is unlike any typical sport anime. It focus on realism unlike any other. It focus on character development rather than championship glory. You dont get rivalry that often give life to sports series. So to those who think this series is so predictable, just wait for it. Its getting annoying to get every now & then 'predictable' comment.

Btw after 3 episode, I binge reading the manga & to be honest I'm worried that the animation cant keep up with the manga. But after watching this episode, I'm quite confident they can handle the roller coaster ride of joy & frustration.

what I enjoyed in this episode is how closely it attached to reality. You dont simply move towards your dream, you need proper planning & support from others. And of course the letter top it all.
May 9, 2022 12:12 PM

May 2020
W mom. W MC. W anime.
May 10, 2022 3:20 AM
Dec 2021
"Im proud of you since the day you were born."

Oh man. These phrase hits harder than I love you's. Noriko Aoi and Shun Aoi are both very supportive. W episode.
May 11, 2022 2:21 AM

Jan 2017
wtf I just cried over a... sports anime. That's something I can cross off my list now

If the character development for this family alone is this good, Ashito's adventures at his new club must be a real treat
May 11, 2022 6:17 AM

Nov 2021
I'm not really into sports but I'm hooked. Cannot wait for more! Now that mc has a strong mind than before
neeJayMay 11, 2022 6:21 AM

May 11, 2022 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
yo this almost made me cry wtf

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 11, 2022 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
kind of a boring ep.

At least his mum came around and decided to stop being selfish and finally be supportive. Although they go from dirt poor to her giving him a lump of savings? lmao. I guess it could make sense if they were her only savings and she's given them to him now in order to support his career, and their futures.

The brother is way more likeable, I was originally hoping he'd move to Tokyo and he'd live with his brother while he worked there. I guess I don't really know how old his older brother is meant to be tho and if that would be a real option. They did mention he works part time so I guess he's maybe still in school also so that would be explain why that doesn't happen lol.

Good luck to Aoi living on his own in Tokyo, I'm sure ofc he will become super close with Hana and his teammates so won't feel alone for very long!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 12, 2022 7:26 AM
Dec 2021
Wow. I can't believe i will cry so hard in a sports anime. Very very good episode. It's so relatable i feel like it's slapping me. Talking to parents is really hard so as the other way around. His mother and brother is just the best. Farewells are really sad specially when you are leaving alone facing a big, challenging world in front of you. The story is just starting. Here we go Esperion. Good luck Ashito. Let the battle begin!
May 12, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2020
Episodes where the protagonist has some kind of trouble in their lives heavily related to their parents but then, thanks to them, is how they manage to keep going always gets me. This episode reminded me so much to the episode 10 of Violet Evergarden or episode 12 of A Place Further than the Universe.

Such a magnificent episode.
May 17, 2022 5:37 AM
Feb 2021
What a great episode, loved it from start to finish.

The letter part of the episode absolutely broke me.

Strong contender for anime of the season.
May 17, 2022 9:08 PM
Mar 2022
TrioGamers said:
I thricking love this Anime. If it somehow manages to maintain this level than its easily the best Sports Anime. One of the best Anime in this Season so far.

It wil get better and better so expect too much in it
May 18, 2022 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
I wasn't expecting much when I started this show but it was a nice surprise, I'm enjoying it a lot!
That train scene was so wholesome, it almost made me tear up!
May 23, 2022 2:07 PM

Jun 2016
yoo what the fuck is this episode !!

very very touching heart !!
Jun 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
Great episode, love that letter :')
Jun 28, 2022 2:25 AM

Jun 2020
That was so touchingㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ they really executed this episode so well. It’s all the nuances, the words spoken & not spoken, I was tearing up along the way but I really lost it at the cleats. Coming from a poor family during my childhood, my mum always felt guilty about not giving us the best, when she herself had nothing too, it really hit so close to homeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

She is a strong mother, even when she’s not, she had to be strong for her sons. I want to know more of Shun too.

Sometimes the best stories that evoke the most emotions are the simplest, heartfelt ones. Really great episode, so emotionalㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ now he’s ready to take on the world.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 6, 2022 4:51 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, it built up very well on the finale that made last one so good. My expectations for this show have gradually racked up.
Aug 21, 2022 5:30 AM

Jun 2021
Oh man. This was touching.

« When it comes to teaching somebody discipline…
I think pain is the most effective way. »
リヴァイ・アッカーマン
Aug 23, 2022 3:38 PM

Jan 2022
The MC is very annoying and doesn't make me comfortable watching or continuing this anime so I dropped this anime
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Aug 28, 2022 12:17 PM
Jun 2021
Amazing, I never thought this anime could be interesting
Aug 30, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2021
emocionante, espero ver logo esse viado no profissional
Sep 1, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2022
Hats off to Hana for being a real G and helping our boy and his family out. He better work hard at the academy given how much everyone around him is sacrificing for him to be there.

Also omg....brb gotta call mom

T__T
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 6, 2022 1:42 PM

Sep 2017
The letter was very suite but honestly it be pretty sad if you couldn't have a proper conversation with your Mom because getting sad and gloomy "isn't her style" or whatever tf she said. Like get over it lady, this is your son.

Anyway if I had another compliant about something that may actually affect the show long term, it is Hana's fixation on the MC. I don't want to end up hating her because her only purpose in the show is to support the MC.
Sep 26, 2022 5:11 PM
Apr 2019
Who is cutting onions ???
Oct 10, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
I haven't had a good cry watching anime for a long time
Aoi reminds me of Eijun from Daiya and their farewell seem similar I cried for them both but this episode is more touchy and emotional because the mom's letter
Oct 10, 2022 10:57 AM
Nov 2020
Crying this early about that letter well done
Oct 16, 2022 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
Started & finished 5 episodes in a row for the first time in so long watching Ao Ashi.
Tho ep.1 was ok, it's shaping up to be a fantastic anime :")
Loved Hana, the brother & the friends so much.
Not to mention, the Mother.
And before you ask, yes, I did cry :D
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 19, 2022 12:44 AM

Aug 2019
The emotional trainwreck in this episode hit me hard. I was sobbing a lot while hearing his mother's letter, she has a gift for making people cry. I really like the part near the end where Aoi gets serious, he seems ready for anything. His resolve was boosted by his mother's letter.

When she mentioned the cleats I lost it :(
Nov 8, 2022 12:30 AM
Nov 2022
This episode is so emotional. There's no soccer or anything but I like it a lot. This part of going pro in football is the hardest part for the athletes, unfortunately, some people didn't put much care on it. I like how Ao Ashi showed us this part of the real world. Imagine going alone in a big world of professionals for the first time, away from your family in a young age... it really is terrifying and sad but for our dreams and for our family, we will do all we can. 10/10 episode.
Nov 9, 2022 2:59 PM
Dec 2021
shit hits deep no cap
Nov 28, 2022 10:21 PM

Feb 2021
It was very sad to see that letter with all savings and the shoes that his mother gave him...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 26, 2022 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
i fucking cried lol
Jan 12, 2023 4:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Said good bye is very hard!!! kekeke
May 31, 2023 4:57 PM
Feb 2022
For his mother. No more words to say.
Jun 19, 2023 12:29 AM
Jun 2023
I don't find this emotional at all... maybe cuz the mom doesn't get many scenes so we barely get to know her character. In just one episode it's really hard to really dive into the mother and son interaction really well. Still, I find it hilarious how he only gets 200000 yen to survive on his own...
Jun 25, 2023 4:08 PM

May 2020
Cried a bit when he read the letter from his mum
Aug 15, 2023 3:42 PM
Aug 2022
Yeah ok that's where it's seinen. 
Sep 3, 2023 2:20 AM
Dec 2009
I WASN'T READY TO CRY WTF. Beautiful episode. I can relate even if I'm not an athlete, what an amazing episode. It hits too close to home.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Oct 22, 2023 4:06 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to gabs_ramune
emocionante, espero ver logo esse viado no profissional
@gabs_ramune A dubladora da mãe é boa demais conseguiu passar a emoção da carta sem perder nada
Oct 22, 2023 4:06 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Carlucho1501
Amazing, I never thought this anime could be interesting
@Carlucho1501 Almost dropped but this ep got me going
Nov 26, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 2023
This is an amazing sports anime masterpiece, which opened up and increased my knowledge, especially in terms of football, now I as an observer found Ashito in Trent Alexander Arnold (an English footballer) playing for the Liverpool club, before I didn't really mind it, but after seeing this anime I feel that my view of football is the same as the character "Anri" in this anime which is oriented towards strengthening the midfield, and now I know how strong the influence of a wing defender who can play at different levels is. Currently, even according to what is in this anime, Liverpool and Trent Alexander Arnold show their fangs with the playing style shown in this anime, so in my opinion "this is a very amazing anime, which can change your view of football, 10/10 "I hope to deliver the next season as soon as possible. Thank You.
Dec 31, 2023 5:57 PM
Sep 2023
it was emotional, i cried so hard
Jan 8, 10:09 AM
Aug 2023
Beatiful and inspirational
Mar 12, 4:25 AM
May 2021
narrative was too good, my eyes got stuck with the screen and the letter part was eargasm.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.