Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2022 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
Having fear of death isn't really something to be surprised about by this point in the show. Still, this anime had an eerie feeling with the news of a witch among the villages.

Poor Holt as she got wrapped in a trap. Maybe she should've dealt with problems together with the party.
Apr 28, 2022 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ZERO!
Why do characters from this series love to run away? lol..... Nothing bad will happen to them if they were not brainlessly run away from the group.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 28, 2022 12:06 PM
Sep 2015
The last scene of the next episode preview though, I always wondering why kissing is a popular method for mana transfer in fantasy fiction, and why the situation always lead to heterosexual kiss.

Since I know that that big white hunk tiger is a protagonist in another anime, I already get a feeling that he's not a bad person, because bad person can't be a protagonist.
Apr 28, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
The witch is indeed the infamous Black-Mud Witch Zero herself, though Sayb and the students of the Academy being rejects to her regime sounds plausible enough, even more to the witch village in which both Zero and Youhei made it their home.

Hwoever, Loux wanting to kill Zero while the others are there just to complete their field program research, it puts them on a stalemate. Especially when the mute Sayb is just following orders only to rile Hort into disagreement, only for Hort herself to land into Dia Ignis's trap. Of couse, Loux knows it well for this to be a suicide challenge to face teh Father with Sayb, while Kudo ran away from them, only to be intercepted by Youhei.

Zero is finally here, and what really awaits her inclusion in this spin-off, I'm anticipating the corner.

And yeah...if I remember correctly, most characters run away when problems surface in this series.
Apr 28, 2022 12:24 PM

Jul 2011
I had some expectations about this episode, which ended letting me down, and most of the episode was so slow, just to something interesting to happen at the 45 min of the second half.

With all respect Hort need those backpacks with leash that some kids have, that girl have abysmal luck stat.

Now Roux have no reason to be angry at Albus now. She got what she wanted.
Apr 28, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
YES!!!!! Zero is back!! <3

Apr 28, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2019
phantomfandom said:
The last scene of the next episode preview though, I always wondering why kissing is a popular method for mana transfer in fantasy fiction, and why the situation always lead to heterosexual kiss.

Since I know that that big white hunk tiger is a protagonist in another anime, I already get a feeling that he's not a bad person, because bad person can't be a protagonist.

Because it’s hot and fan service. Pretty simple. Most people watching are guys who wanna see hot girls make out with the self insert mc.
Apr 28, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2019
Probably my fave episode far, surely dude was bluffing, like no way Hort is actually dead right?? Right??? Haven’t seen the original series so last scene didn’t hit me that hard, but the preview next week looks wild. Looks like we’re getting ye old mana transfer fanservice kiss. Can’t wait
Apr 28, 2022 2:21 PM
Jan 2021
episode 4 and I still don't understand what's going on appart from the characters are a battery a lizard a evil loli and a generic acting love intrest with tragic backstory
Apr 28, 2022 3:15 PM

Aug 2020
Akorath said:
episode 4 and I still don't understand what's going on appart from the characters are a battery a lizard a evil loli and a generic acting love intrest with tragic backstory

I'd recommend you watch grimoire of zero, this is a spin off of it, and it has a lot of characters in it from there, and it explains the magic / world better.
Call me Ren
Apr 28, 2022 3:46 PM

Sep 2018
This is like the Orient of the Spring Season, underwhelming fantasy series. I was thinking of watching The Grimoire of Zero at one point, but now I'm not sure if I want to explore this world tbh...
Apr 28, 2022 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
Not bad for a build up episode, next week seems to be promising action wise.
Apr 28, 2022 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
It's funny how Blonde Loli is constantly climbing onto high places so her permanent pantyshot woule be much more visible.

Apr 28, 2022 6:19 PM
May 2021
THE QUEEN B IS BACK!
Apr 28, 2022 6:28 PM

May 2015
Can't say I'm a fan of Mercenary's new voice hopefully Zeros isn't as bad
Apr 28, 2022 9:32 PM

Dec 2014
Damn nice seeing Zero again
Apr 28, 2022 11:02 PM

Aug 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
This is like the Orient of the Spring Season, underwhelming fantasy series. I was thinking of watching The Grimoire of Zero at one point, but now I'm not sure if I want to explore this world tbh...

I'd reccomend it, it's a lot better than this has been so far
Call me Ren
Apr 28, 2022 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
Watching this makes me wanna watch Grimoire of Zero all over again
but I would be forced to read the LN which isn't an option... because of many circumstances...

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 29, 2022 1:27 AM
Feb 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:

The original was made by Studio Whitefox and is much higher production value. Its a good show too. I think it is a worthwhile watch. Admittedly last time I saw it was 2017.
Apr 29, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
I just can't understand what this ppl think when they do things, are they just idiots?
I just want to see Zero, from there I'll decide if its worth my time

My Candies:

Apr 29, 2022 4:56 AM

May 2015
Lumpology said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

The original was made by Studio Whitefox and is much higher production value. Its a good show too. I think it is a worthwhile watch. Admittedly last time I saw it was 2017.

I just re watched the original and it looks like shit, that being said it's still a good show
Apr 29, 2022 4:59 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows the Saibyl group talking to a priest and they discover that the academy sent them to this city because they are disposable but Loux appears and suspects this priest but doesn't kill him and that was a mistake because later he would take her and Saibyl to meet the witch
Apr 29, 2022 6:55 AM

Nov 2019
Well, I bet my interest in the show was just as much as how the dress covers the front of the loli. 4.5/10.

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 29, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Man, the awful animation continues to do this show no favors whatsoever. Nor does its construction. You put everything at the end of the episode, and then immediately follow it up with a next episode preview that goes "Yeah, uh, all this stuff? It ain't going anywhere and next week is mainly back to flashbacks, but there's totally gonna be kissing!" Is that really what the audience was clamoring for? I suppose possibly. Gotta get the Louise character into the harem as well as Boobs McGee and the Lizard, which is a great band name, please don't steal. Good thing we skipped the ED so we could stand around the village for another ten minutes remarking on how mysterious and sinister abandoned buildings are.

Anyway, most of the episode was spent piffling around how the village has a resident evil witch doing… uh, something. It's evil though, trust us. And the sinister priest is sinister. Good ol' Seyville continues to be suicidal, which makes Tits Antlerhead sad, but he'll do his best for his friends, because he likes friends. We're not quite living up to the 'high' water mark of a show like Seven Knights here, and I'm pretty sure White Bread is not going to come out as a shapeshifting monster unconvincingly trying to ape humans. SKR still focused on the other characters and stories about them though, while this only has a hojillion obviously sinister people who are also pretty clearly phoning in the evil with their fanservice proclivities and inability to live up to the mangling and dismemberment we've already had, even before the awful animation and next episode preview ruin the whole act.
Apr 30, 2022 6:25 AM

Jun 2016
finallly a beauty adult woman zerooo !!

damnn she is beautifull !!
Apr 30, 2022 8:29 PM

May 2016
It says this is popular in japan. Is that true? Lol
Apr 30, 2022 11:23 PM

Aug 2018
A mystery wrapped in an enigma. Happy to see Zero.
May 1, 2022 4:19 AM

Dec 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Well, it seems to be doing decently according to nicovideo: https://anime.nicovideo.jp/ranking/view-total.html?from=nanime_rank-daily_rank
May 1, 2022 7:33 AM
Sep 2021
Well, this episode is also a good episode, but I'm really curious on what will happen in the future... So, I'm kinda excited on what can happen soon at the next episode and I hope they will be okay... So, I guess, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
May 1, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2016
DarkDooM2 said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Well, it seems to be doing decently according to nicovideo: https://anime.nicovideo.jp/ranking/view-total.html?from=nanime_rank-daily_rank
spy x family is 23rd while this is 15? Doubt lol
May 2, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Finally Zero made an appearance, can't wait to see her in the next ep
May 3, 2022 10:00 PM

Nov 2009
Hmmm.... so we got Zero in here now... interesting....

Tho... I wonder if they gone evil or it's all just an act.

BTW, for one of the "strongest staff"... it sure is easy to be countered... many times by a simple sheet of cloth, LOL

(Loli really need to learn some sort of "Return" spell (like Thor's hammer) or the "Force" to call back the staff...

___ ___ ___

phantomfandom said:

There are lots of series where the Bad or Evil guys are Protags...
amlgMay 3, 2022 10:04 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 4, 2022 5:47 AM
Mar 2012
Picturesque but eerie village.
blind priest how sus r u? Lilly also a mystery.
Interesting decisions for each student, feels like an exam.
How dense is Sayb? very, enough to make Hort cry.
Our old pair's finally back.
May 19, 2022 1:58 PM

Nov 2016
Zero all grown. At least she made her appearance, things should become a bit more interesting from now on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2022 4:53 AM

Apr 2011
Well I've read this part in the manga so I skimming most parts except for the near end.

Finally, Zero appeared and she has become a beauty.
Jul 16, 2022 3:07 AM

Jul 2015
Not the smartest to sort of split off but hey at least they've now encountered Zero. Curious to see what's the real truth of why they've been chosen for this field trip.

Sep 26, 2022 6:04 AM
Apr 2018
There's not much of anything going on in this anime. Or if there is, it's not really interesting to me. Personal preference.
Sep 30, 2022 12:43 PM
Jan 2022
Awful every week is awful
Oct 4, 2022 9:09 PM
Oct 2022
I don't understand why'd Holdem ask about "giving birth" and "pregnancy" when Albus screaming
Feb 3, 3:47 AM
Aug 2023
I really liked this episode, I feel like the show has turned it around from the pretty poorly executed episodes before this. It was more slow paced, but the characters actually got to interact among themselves in a good way. They were also trying to solve problems and challenges themselves, and figure things out. I'm also actually starting to really like Loux, who I found very annoy to begin with. She's really is trying to mentor the three students and solve things instead of just having selfish tantrums like she was in the first episode.

I hope this continues to be good, and the problems with the previous episodes of poor execution were just the show finding it's footing. This episode got me more interested in the four new characters, it's not the Mercenary nor Zero showing up that's got me excited. The Mercenary's personality has seemed to be way off so far, likely he's "playing the villain". But it's definitely him, he got a little upset being called an "old timer" by the Lizard man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

61 by Eshindid »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » What do you think about Mahoutsukai Reimeiki characters?

Shizuna - Apr 11

0 by Shizuna »»
Apr 11, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

29 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

16 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

39 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 3, 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.