Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
It's time to choose the amateur players whom will move into the final stage, and unsurprisingly Aoi made it into the team of 11.

Aoi wanted to break some ice with the players whom also passed, and some of them shared their honest thoughts of only getting through this far to become a professional player that this might be their last chance growing a fruitful career. And their final stage of a match against the current Tokyo City Esperion Youth team, this is a frightening challenge that the only way to outdo them is with a winning mentality.

Let the match begin...and the Youth team is definitely getting the feel for the selection team to lose on purpose and then getting their strategy down of the "One-Touch Passing" technique, which is on a league of their own requiring all 11 players to have perfect cohesiveness, catching the examinees off guard in the 1st half. Aoi vs. first-year Akutsu in typical psychological warfare, and the selected team ain't wanting to lose in such a fashion heralded by the regular whom was scouted from outside, the same way that Aoi entered through Fukuda's recommendation. The 2nd half are all the same screaming cries of encouragement as the 1st, but Akutsu really wants Aoi out of this by injuring him hard that he won't concede to.

Coach Fukuda finally lends a help to the selection team, and his advise to make or break their losing streak, it's a handicap that has all players perform out of their usual positions. Now, how will Aoi and the rest use this information to their advantage?
KANLen09Apr 23, 2022 5:30 AM
Apr 23, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2021
Aoi passed the examination and will proceed to advance to the final exam. Lmao I like how Aoi attempted to interact with the other players but everyone just ignored him and he decided to make at least some friends talking about their football type and I like how each and every player got a serious objective to stay focused on becoming a professional or otherwise their dreams will be over. Aoi and his team are facing the Tokyo City Esperion’s Youth Team.

The soccer match is pretty decent and again a soccer match is hard to be animated so I can’t blame them but with my excessive expectation, I hope they can do better in terms of the quality because the story is more of a better direction than the animation in case of the anime. Also, surely it is the beginning of the match to build up some tension, especially some middle schooler teams being against very over-the-top players and it was fairly enjoyable and the formation is getting pretty depth. “Fucking trash”, baldie just you wait till Aoi will hit you to another nationality. Hana is a wholesome blob caretaker btw and Hana x Aoi is definitely sailing lmao, also Aoi is caught lacking heh.

Aoi is definitely making a comeback after a while break and definitely, the usual soccer formula goes but this time Aoi is not caught lacking, baldie guy was caught red-handed for beating the shit out of him yet again, the match is interfered by this.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 23, 2022 5:28 AM
Sep 2021
WHAT! A! SHOW! I'm literally on the edge of my seat from the first minute. it's so good. I've been waiting for it for like 2 days and waited impatiently until the site I watch it on dropped it. but omg this is so good. its incredible. when ao made that facial expression I was making it cuz of how excited I was. 10/10 show.
Apr 23, 2022 5:33 AM

Feb 2017
Those one-touch passes were cool. That thing is really hard to execute. Now that the coach has revealed the handicap the Youth team has I am sure Ashito will figure out how to exploit it in the next episode.

One touch passes are really beautiful to watch when executed in highest level of play. Here is one of my favorite football compilations of Barca's tiki taka showcasing their one-touch mastery. Makes it look like they are playing against children.

https://youtu.be/yMkJht0GxOs
Apr 23, 2022 5:37 AM

Nov 2019
Holy fuck, that shit-eating grin from Akutsu. Man's truly a bonified asshole.

What's more, that reveal at the end just makes an already hopeless situation even worse. Hoping Aoi and the team don't lose steam.
Apr 23, 2022 5:50 AM

Sep 2021
I wasnt expecting the rival team being playing in diferent positions, this match was really intense and i love this episode and really want to know how this ends, now i want to read the manga jut i will wait for the anime ending
Apr 23, 2022 6:09 AM

Jul 2017
that's sick one-touch play.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Apr 23, 2022 6:42 AM
Apr 2022
3eps in n i think it's safe to say it's going to be one of my top shows for this season if the pacing will be same thruout; aoi is a diamond in rough i can't wait to see his growth he definitely learned from round 1 selection that it's vital to have good dynamic w teammates it was so cute to watch him initiate the conversation; that youth player baldy is ruthless 😭😭 I hope aoi isn't injured I'm super excited for next week's ep
Apr 23, 2022 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
A big F, that reveal at the end was brutal for them.
Apr 23, 2022 7:12 AM

Dec 2020
INTENSEEE EPISODE. this buzz cut dude is such a good "villain"-ish character.

everytime they got beat up and aoi tried to cheer them on i get a lil angry not because i hate that positive attitude, they've Got to have it bc it'll be even more worse if they just mope around but im scared it'll lead to another *gets beaten* *aoi tries to lighten up the mood* and one of them gets angry at aoi for "being too cheery" or something like that.

that twist at the end tho.. what the fuckkk💀 thanks for making them even more worried, fukuda!!! but im sure he's got a reason to say that, and im curious to see how the team will bounce back up
Apr 23, 2022 7:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, this was awesome.

I was concerned if they would be able to portray the intensity in the matches but this was quite well done.

The one touch passing sequence was pretty sweet and it’s good to know that there’s a good level of movement in the game contrary to the still frame sequences we often get.

Akutsu sure has a crappy personality but I love how Aoi is taking this challenge, the fact that they were all playing out of position makes so much sense when you consider how the youth team was barely doing anything at the start. Damn, I wanna see what happens next now.
Apr 23, 2022 7:25 AM
Oct 2016
The tough test of this second stage of tryouts. Having to play against the actual youth team is one hell of a next test. Even if they're the backups on the youth team they're still obviously very good. Aoi, Otomo, Tachibana and the others have their work cut out for them. Things seemed fine at first till that bruiser Akutsu checked into the game. He seems to he the resident douchebag on the team. Something that Aoi himself pointed out. The only one whom made it past the tryouts last year, he's definitely formidable and has some dirty tricks like we saw at the end. Soon as Akutsu stepped onto the field the game seemed to change. The youth team using those one touch passes just sending the ball down the field like a lightning bolt. So fast the candidates team couldn't even try to stop it. Aoi doing his best to rally the troops but its not looking well. How can the youth team be this good even playing out of their normal positions.
Apr 23, 2022 8:22 AM
Aug 2021
The third episode was okay. I wanted the goals and the passes to be more dramatic as I'd envisioned it to be reading the manga. This episode lacked the development for the main character, and I really wanted to see Aoi's or anyone's point of view on the match. I think this third person limited story telling is what made the action seem so mundane to me. I wanted to feel the frustration and stress Aoi or any of the characters went through whenever they lost the ball or made a mistake. This tension that you can build from developing the feelings of one character can make any pass feel game changing and every goal dramatic, deserved and not just there to conveniently push plot forward. To put it simply, there are not enough stakes for me to be physically and emotionally invested in this match. The noticeable lack of music did not help at all, and the action was meh and sometimes even confusing, Aoi at times had to explain what was happening. I'm not sure if it is this unconscious bias always comparing it to the manga. Honestly what I found most enjoyable in the third episode is not the action they made so lacklustre but the interactions the Aoi had with his family, Hana, and Akutsu etc. I hope this is all build up for the next episode and we finally get to see some epik plays seasoned with banger music (6/10)
Apr 23, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
3 episodes watched and it surprised me positively. Looking forward to the next.
Apr 23, 2022 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
"Won't you give me a hand, Senpai" 😂 Show him Aoi.

I would fuck this nigga Akutsu up after the match. He's probably projecting hard.

Dope episode again. It's only the tryouts, but this series is already fire.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2022 8:38 AM
Apr 2022
eipi1_0 said:
The third episode was okay. I wanted the goals and the passes to be more dramatic as I'd envisioned it to be reading the manga. This episode lacked the development for the main character, and I really wanted to see Aoi's or anyone's point of view on the match. I think this third person limited story telling is what made the action seem so mundane to me. I wanted to feel the frustration and stress Aoi or any of the characters went through whenever they lost the ball or made a mistake. This tension that you can build from developing the feelings of one character can make any pass feel game changing and every goal dramatic, deserved and not just there to conveniently push plot forward. To put it simply, there are not enough stakes for me to be physically and emotionally invested in this match. The noticeable lack of music did not help at all, and the action was meh and sometimes even confusing, Aoi at times had to explain what was happening. I'm not sure if it is this unconscious bias always comparing it to the manga. Honestly what I found most enjoyable in the third episode is not the action they made so lacklustre but the interactions the Aoi had with his family, Hana, and Akutsu etc. I hope this is all build up for the next episode and we finally get to see some epik plays seasoned with banger music (6/10)

"The action was meh" wtf what do u want ? Only I.G could draw this frame (first touch) amazing. If u watched DAYS animated by MAPPA or Tsubasa ( 2018 ) animted by David you would see how they bad KEKW
lehuy0210Apr 23, 2022 8:54 AM
Apr 23, 2022 8:46 AM
Feb 2022
Loving seeing some legit soccer playing come out in this show, very excited for Ep 4
Pls pass me more coffee...
Apr 23, 2022 8:57 AM
Aug 2021
lehuy0210 said:
eipi1_0 said:

"The action was meh" wtf what do u want ? Only I.G could draw this frame (first touch) amazing. If u watched DAYS animated by MAPPA or Tsubasa ( 2018 ) animted by David you would see how they bad KEKW

I don't understand what you mean by first touch and also ye, the action was meh. I prefer the mha style ig, yk with all those action lines and if you pause you might see a disfigured Todoroki yk. (I'm referencing the fight between Midoriya and Todoroki btw)
Apr 23, 2022 9:13 AM
Apr 2022
eipi1_0 said:
lehuy0210 said:

I don't understand what you mean by first touch and also ye, the action was meh. I prefer the mha style ig, yk with all those action lines and if you pause you might see a disfigured Todoroki yk. (I'm referencing the fight between Midoriya and Todoroki btw)
Just go watch animation DAYS or Tsubasa ( 2018 ) and compare to animation in this ep I'm sure u will change opinion KEKW. I.G is top 1 studio animate sport genre I couldn't understand how can u say meh
Apr 23, 2022 9:19 AM

Jan 2021
Wow! This show is Pretty good. I didn’t get bored at all watching this. I was focused on whats happening the whole time. This season actually has many great underrated shows like this one. But as you all know everyone is just obsessed with those overrated sh!ts...
Apr 23, 2022 9:49 AM
Apr 2022
eipi1_0 said:
lehuy0210 said:

Forgot the frame I mentioned that the scene first touch passing
Apr 23, 2022 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
The twist in the end with everyone of the youth team playing out of position was pretty good. Also the bonding of the candidates team. First time I really want to see more of Aoashi as I want to see a comeback of the candidate team, also because of the "villain" in the youth team. However, I think the main character Aoi is annoying in so many scenes because he just yells.
Apr 23, 2022 11:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
One angel on the field wasn't enough to cleanse all the tense. I need more, more screen time xd.

Then, alright, someone needs to be a douchebag among the Esperion youth team, huh? Dude really giving Ao a hard time and reality check to think again about the harshness of the youth Esperion soccer club. However as an overall it was also a tough play even for someone as 'great' as Ao after all that embarassing move he did to united all those people. Still the storm wasn't all over since Fukuda giving another harsh information to all candidate. All of them except the goalie were out of place, but manage to outplayed them in an instant? This might be a good turning up point or just a breaking down point, its all up to them, to implement what should they do, on the next episode.

Lets see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 23, 2022 11:48 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
No surprise that Aoashi would be one of the 11 candidates to move on to the final stage and that is to go up against the current Tokyo City Esperion Youth team roster. At first it looked like Esperion was holding back, but they were just getting warmed up as they stared doing one touch passes and crazy maneuvers. One of the guys on the Esperion team Akutsu was being a real shithead when he planted his palm into Aoshi's chest. Then the manager revealed that everyone except for the Goalie was playing out of position. They may be the backup squad, but Esperion has some talented players that can go pro one day.
Apr 23, 2022 11:51 AM
May 2021
Can't wait for the next episodes

Apr 23, 2022 12:40 PM

Mar 2021
The plot twist in the end had me speechless. The Youth are very good, maybe they should put Akatsu in the bench, he doesn't seem to have the right spirit for football

Apr 23, 2022 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
The Youth team against the amateurs, it's an one sided match but I can definitly see a change in the next episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 23, 2022 3:41 PM

May 2020
Oh boy i hate Akatsu! And it's only the beginning.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Apr 23, 2022 4:11 PM
May 2021
The fact that the candidates were being schooled by out-of-position players was kinda scary, but that's what you would expect from a team with great chemistry.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 23, 2022 4:28 PM

Apr 2020
I was like "broo whhaat" when they revealed they were handicapping the team into positions they never played
5/5 episode
Apr 23, 2022 4:58 PM

Aug 2020
so exciting. Aoi passed the first examination but the next one is tough. I hope they can shine atleast in this match.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 23, 2022 5:18 PM
Jun 2021
Akutsu, Nagisa need to stay away from my kid Aoi! Not good sportsmanship! Coach should have reigned him in.
Apr 23, 2022 5:19 PM
Jun 2021
TheCeeJayz said:
Holy fuck, that shit-eating grin from Akutsu. Man's truly a bonified asshole.

What's more, that reveal at the end just makes an already hopeless situation even worse. Hoping Aoi and the team don't lose steam.

Yeah his behavior is unacceptable. Rivals can be jerks but he could have broke a rib on Aoi
Apr 23, 2022 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
i have never liked Akutsu since his introduction even though he got whitewashed in a very late game.
Apr 23, 2022 8:03 PM
Sep 2015
I like when Akutsu whispering near Aoi's ear with his deep low voice, I'd let him insult me all day ;)

Anyway, look like some people can't read this text "DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode.", I'm declined to believed that the majority of Ao Ashi manga fan behave like this, but I can't help but think... and I'm even more disappoint that some spoiler already join MAL since Mar 2014, so not knowing MAL golden rule is impossible.
Apr 23, 2022 8:17 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
They're trying too hard to make me hate Akutsu, so I can't help but give him a free pass - for now...
Apr 23, 2022 9:36 PM

Mar 2020
Another great episode! How I'm curious what will happen next week.

I still can't get over how beautiful the ending visuals and song.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 23, 2022 9:38 PM

Apr 2021
Till this date, Giant Killing was my fav and most realistic Football Anime, but looks like Ao Ashi gonna take its place.....Like in this episode, the movements, the tense moments and the moves, they are so realistic and awesome.... I'm loving this
Apr 23, 2022 10:03 PM
Mar 2015
'They are being killed by a team handicapped by the coach
Apr 23, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Ashito has spirit. Gotta respect that.

Overall, nice episode though it could have been way better without the cliche asshole opponent we often see in sports anime. Other than that, playstyles were depicted quite well and those one-touch passes sure looked sexy.
Apr 23, 2022 10:20 PM

Dec 2019
Best episode so far easily

Akutsu is a douche he reminds of the players from the team in s2 of kuroko

And that twist tho poor guys :( imagine if they were in the positions they normally play they would get destroyed even harder than they did lol

Love how Aoi never gave up

The one touch was really cool

Cant wait for next ep
WeFeedApr 23, 2022 10:23 PM
Apr 23, 2022 10:51 PM
Jun 2021
Test looks scary! After revealing that Aoi had a huge handicap I wonder what will happen next? Perhaps he has an ace up his sleeve :>
Apr 24, 2022 2:31 AM
Feb 2020
Loved this episode. Team meeting sold me this anime. I liked how they were discussing team formation and I was like "oh shit so this is the real football! ". Tiki taka by youth team was epic.
still 4/5 cause I don't really like this mc's voice actor, it's annoying imo
Apr 24, 2022 2:40 AM
Sep 2020
eipi1_0 said:
Yeah man that is the manga bias, ik because it is the same for me but anime onlys are enjoying it a lot. When I read the manga upto this point I felt the dread of the youth team even more compared to the anime but maybe because I know what's gonna happen. But I'm also content with it tbh, sports mangas are hard to adapt after all.
Apr 24, 2022 3:08 AM
Aug 2021
gromzadira said:

still 4/5 cause I don't really like this mc's voice actor, it's annoying imo

Oh boy just wait until you watch black clover
Apr 24, 2022 3:24 AM
Aug 2021
SKKintheHouse7 said:
eipi1_0 said:
Yeah man that is the manga bias, ik because it is the same for me but anime onlys are enjoying it a lot. When I read the manga upto this point I felt the dread of the youth team even more compared to the anime but maybe because I know what's gonna happen. But I'm also content with it tbh, sports mangas are hard to adapt after all.

Yeah cuz I thought the first episode was very good, so then I decided to read the manga. After being completely up to date with the manga (at the time), I watched the second and third episode and to my surprise, were mediocre. Even though from my memory, the anime was "copying" (being faithful) to the manga (copying everything the manga provided only skipping a few panels here and there cuz of time restraints). In the manga I actually found the match to be bearable/interesting? (I think I felt nothing). Cuz one of the advantages of reading manga is that you can kinda control the pacing for everything. I bet I zoomed through that match in the manga xd. Anime fans don't have that luxury xd
Apr 24, 2022 4:00 AM

Jul 2014
I liked this bird view thing, its really good
Apr 24, 2022 8:26 AM
Jun 2021
for someone who's never really been into football/soccer, i thought the one-touch passes in this episode were awesome. the animation flowed really well not just with those game play shots, but the whole episode as well.

also Akutsu reminds me of a big, scary Tanaka from Haikyuu.
Apr 24, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2019
eipi1_0 said:

Im sorry but that level of “drama” is what you see when playing football even in real games we don’t se mfs kicking the ball so hard that it plays three different times. No the ball hits the net and thats its. The beauty fo this episode was in the play that leads to goals not how “dramatic” it looks. Go watch a cricket anime.
Apr 24, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2020
Loving this show so far and I'm not even a huge football fan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
9 hours ago

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.