Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2014
Okay I'm a bit disappointed, now I'm not a manga reader so I watch this show with high expectation but I was letdown that this not the kinda show I thought it's gonna be.

I thought it's gonna be a proper serious spy anime but there is so many jokes it's hard for me to take it seriously

Visually it looks good but the story and the character(just Loid okay, Anya is cute) are not attractive to me....sigh what a shame

6/10
RedChromeApr 10, 2022 9:41 AM
Apr 10, 2022 9:52 AM

Mar 2014
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

I don't know about the pacing but to me the jokes are not funny and it's excessive. I wish they don't focus too much on the comedy, just focus on the story and character development. There were a lot so I kinda forgot why did he need to get fake family for again ?? Like what was his mission ?
RedChromeApr 10, 2022 9:59 AM
Apr 10, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
I think we found our anime of the season. The set up has a lot of potential. I had a good laugh over a few jokes and Anya is very cute. I hope the 'mom' fits in well in this lovely mess.
Apr 10, 2022 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
RayReynolds said:
n another season, or maybe even had this come earlier in this season, I feel like the nonstop monologuing would have annoyed me more. Yeah, it's going for a noir kind of feel, but it's just nonstop through the entire episode. Practically twenty minutes straight of a deep voiced drawl, only occasionally interrupted by the child, who is usually accompanied by carnival music. I think the real problem with the endless internal monologue is that it's not really witty nor all that informative, mostly just plainly announcing every detail of what is happening. Again, yes, that is something that is part and parcel to noir, but it's not unusual for anime in general and this leans much more towards standard anime than into the noir side, especially when it's pulling crap like extended flashbacks out of nowhere.

Yeah I don't like the monologuing, it's annoying and it doesnt feel witty at all. If they dial it down maybe it could be better
Apr 10, 2022 10:24 AM

Jun 2021
RedChrome said:
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Nice! But somehow feels a bit rushed in the anime.
It also felt like the jokes were funnier in the Manga. is it because I've already read the Manga? happened with anyone else?

I don't know about the pacing but to me the jokes are not funny and it's excessive. I wish they don't focus too much on the comedy, just focus on the story and character development. There were a lot so I kinda forgot why did he need to get fake family for again ?? Like what was his mission ?

Well there's not that much of a story to tell. It was mainly a comedy Manga and although there's a story and nice character development, it's mostly comedy.

now I think that maybe knowing Japanese helps getting the jokes smh because reading through the subs takes the fun out of it?

But the 1st chapter wasn't that much funny in the Manga too. So maybe it will get better? idk..
Apr 10, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
I've watched dozens of Youtubers react to episode 1 and most of them were like "wtf, Loid said he would buy a silencer-pistol for the kid???" - Looks like many don't know that pistol-toys exist lol. Surely Anya wants the real thing, but Loid would never buy her a real one -_- (of course they would never even find a place that sells them to begin with!), why wasn't this obvious for many? I dunno...

lmfao what? he can easily find silencer pistols. he has the backing of a government after all. He even finds a castle to rent after all.
Apr 10, 2022 10:31 AM

Jun 2021
RedChrome said:
Okay I'm a bit disappointed, now I'm not a manga reader so I watch this show with high expectation but I was letdown that this not the kinda show I thought it's gonna be.

I thought it's gonna be a proper serious spy anime but there is so many jokes it's hard for me to take it seriously

Visually it looks good but the story and the character(just Loid okay, Anya is cute) are not attractive to me....sigh what a shame

6/10
It's a comedy series. you should not watch it for a plot.
Apr 10, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2021
RedChrome said:

6/10

you actually went into this thinking it was a proper spy anime...LOL. It's a slice of life and comedy mostly bud
Apr 10, 2022 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
LinkedHorizon007 said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
I've watched dozens of Youtubers react to episode 1 and most of them were like "wtf, Loid said he would buy a silencer-pistol for the kid???" - Looks like many don't know that pistol-toys exist lol. Surely Anya wants the real thing, but Loid would never buy her a real one -_- (of course they would never even find a place that sells them to begin with!), why wasn't this obvious for many? I dunno...

lmfao what? he can easily find silencer pistols. he has the backing of a government after all. He even finds a castle to rent after all.
So? I was talking about Anya. Loid can get one for HIMSELF without problem. When he told Anya "I'll buy you one if we find it on sale" he obviously meant a toy gun.
Apr 10, 2022 11:03 AM

Jul 2021
RedChrome said:

6/10

I wonder, did you even watch the promotional trailer? Not like I can blame you either way since it's your opinion after all but you could've seen it beforehand that it's not really action-oriented and spy focus theme much.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 10, 2022 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
LinkedHorizon007 said:
RedChrome said:

6/10
It's a comedy series. you should not watch it for a plot.

Oh it's comedy manga, okay that would explain the excessive jokes.... then I guess I probably wouldn't like this show that much
Apr 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
CQLLIST said:
RedChrome said:

6/10

I wonder, did you even watch the promotional trailer? Not like I can blame you either way since it's your opinion after all but you could've seen it beforehand that it's not really action-oriented and spy focus theme much.

No I did not watch the promotional trailer, I just kinda went there assuming that it's action spy anime because there were so many hype around it, so I guess I was misled lol
Apr 10, 2022 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Hellothere31 said:
RedChrome said:

6/10

you actually went into this thinking it was a proper spy anime...LOL. It's a slice of life and comedy mostly bud

Yeah I did, that's why I thought it was weird why there were so many jokes (I expect some humor but not this many) but now that told me now I get it, thx
Apr 10, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
Perfect start. I've been reading manga since its launch and I can't wait to watch the full adaptation. So far it's so wholesome and greatly animated, it's everything I've ever asked for. Probably going to be my favourite of the season.
Apr 10, 2022 12:44 PM

May 2015
Anya is such a cinnamon roll! She's adorable!! I love the way she speaks too.

Can't wait for the mother to get introduced and we get the full family together.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2022 1:01 PM
Jun 2017
it was so good ! must say, i cried watching the first ep. anya is so adorable i was dying from cuteness overload. and wth loid is so fine ๐Ÿฆ‹ loid and anya reached my heart. ๐Ÿ’– love them so much. I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOR KYAAAH MOMMY MOMMY. spy x family has everything i love. plus the op and ed are banger ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 10, 2022 1:03 PM
Feb 2020
i feel like the pacing is too fast,not "too fast" but like watching it at 1.20 speed or something like that,specially after last season dress up darling doing the pacing perfectly,so its noticeable for me for this series. other than that,theres no problem,everything is good.
Apr 10, 2022 1:11 PM

Nov 2013
RedChrome said:
Hellothere31 said:

Yeah I did, that's why I thought it was weird why there were so many jokes (I expect some humor but not this many) but now that told me now I get it, thx

Hahaha been there, done that. I remember being disappointed with the 1st episode of Dr.stone expecting it to be sad and serious show, but saw how it took lighthearted approach to the apocalypse, with some good comedy. Eventually it became one of my fav.series/manga after I realized I needed to look at it from a different angle.
Apr 10, 2022 1:18 PM
Sep 2021
Twighlight is a cool character and Anya makes this show funny and wholesome and this is only the first episode, I am looking foward to next week.
Apr 10, 2022 3:16 PM
Oct 2021
Very solid start!! Seems like it’s going to be just the right amount of humor mixed with drama/action!! Def alottt of potential.!!! I’m excited to see the rest!
Apr 10, 2022 3:37 PM

Oct 2016
I can already tell that this will be one of my favorite anime of 2022.
Apr 10, 2022 4:22 PM
Sep 2018
Holy shit, a spy anime show with Mission: Impossible vibes, never thought I'd see that. And it's pretty good too. Directing is slick and Twilight even slicker. It's genuinely entertaining and has world I'd like to learn more about. Count me in.
Apr 10, 2022 4:54 PM

Nov 2020
Great first episode, Anya was so funny xD.
Fantastic anime weekends.
-Hyunckel-Apr 10, 2022 4:58 PM
Apr 10, 2022 5:07 PM

Sep 2020
Well, its pretty decent.
And Anya will be my favorite character here, she's so kawaii.
Looks great for the first episode.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Apr 10, 2022 5:49 PM
Apr 2021
I really appreciated the direction of this show, Kazuhiro knows what he's doing. When the dudes reading the newspaper on the train for example and the reflection has visuals that match what hes reading ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Apr 10, 2022 5:54 PM

Jul 2016
DBX said:
Man. What a way to start things off. Absolutely amazing.

THis whole season has been a dumpster fire. So glad at least one show looks good.
Apr 10, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2021
Definitely lived up to my expectations! Clean animation, voice acting that fits, good OST! Can’t wait for more episodes!
Apr 10, 2022 6:12 PM
Mar 2019
First episode was very funny. I was wondering why this show has such a high rating, and now I know. The punchline at the end made a chuckle.

Looking forward to ep 2.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
โ€• H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Apr 10, 2022 6:16 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! i admit, i hate to say this but this show is too GOOOOOD!!!!
5/5!

Apr 10, 2022 6:44 PM
Jun 2019
I knew nothing about this going in to it, and this is a masterpiece. Highly efficient writing, so much happens in the first episode. A hallmark of something legendary. If the entire series is like this, easy 10/10 for me. I smiled, I laughed, it is masterful.
Apr 10, 2022 7:15 PM
Sep 2019
episode 1 is very goodddd
the animationnn is so smothhh
Apr 10, 2022 8:17 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It's great!
The quality of anime, songs, and Seiyuu are perfect.
I'm looking forward to watching the next episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2022 8:28 PM

Oct 2015
LambdaMan93 said:
I knew nothing about this going in to it, and this is a masterpiece. Highly efficient writing, so much happens in the first episode. A hallmark of something legendary. If the entire series is like this, easy 10/10 for me. I smiled, I laughed, it is masterful.

Glad you enjoy it <3 it so good.
Apr 10, 2022 9:10 PM
Nov 2021
how was there hate threads for this bruh that episode was really good๐Ÿ˜‚ like better than my expectations by a lot
Apr 10, 2022 9:14 PM

Oct 2015
Great first episode! Can already tell this adaptation is gonna be high quality.
Apr 10, 2022 9:23 PM
Oct 2021
Peak fiction is getting adapted and first episode is executed wonderfully.
Apr 10, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2019
I felt strong "Pink Panther" vibes while listening to the jingles in the episode.

Twilight is a gentleman and also a kind person in heart who wants the best for civilians and, yeah, he's a big fibber but such a cool one. Anya is absolutely hilarious and childish in a good way; her facial expressions are a pile of gold too.

It'll be a pleasure to continue watching this show.
Apr 10, 2022 10:00 PM

Apr 2020
The premier episode for a premier manga and it's looking like a premier adaptation. After reading the manga a long while ago, seeing this episode is such a refresher, they did this manga well.

I am falling for Anya's cuteness, they nailed her character that's for sure. And nothing really much to say, aside from the terribly high MAL score, the episode is pretty good, a start for a very wonderful ride.
Apr 10, 2022 10:04 PM
Sep 2019
Ahh don't get me wrong, I liked it... but I think the events on this episode happened a little too fast. Probably because they wanted to introduce Yor as soon as possible. I just hope other episodes aren't made like this though.
Apr 10, 2022 10:07 PM
May 2012
Though its obviously tottaly fictional some things are weird, like how they got the answers to the exam but dont know about the interview in the second phase
or the intercepted message "twilight here, catch me if you can"
cekekiApr 10, 2022 11:00 PM
Apr 10, 2022 10:23 PM
May 2016
I liked it enough. I'll keep watching. Just hope this isn't another anime that everyone hypes only for it to fall off by the ending.
Apr 10, 2022 10:57 PM

Aug 2020
this show has tremendous potential.
the first episode was great, I hope that the hype is maintained in the future.
Apr 10, 2022 11:03 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was awesome! What dragged my attention about the whole series was both its leading themes (spies and childcare), but also the fact that this anime's rating was really high. It motivated me to not only check it out, but do it as fast as I could.

My knowledge about the source material was really vague. I knew that such manga existed and that it was very popular, with many copies sold in total, but nothing more than that.

Anyway, bravo Wit Studio! If the rest of episodes will represent similar quality, then I think we will have a show with rather stable score of 9.00+/10.00 :)
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Apr 10, 2022 11:37 PM
Nov 2018
What a blockbuster start. Anya is disgustingly cute. Really she makes it work. Otherwise you get some generic charmless power fantasy.

Surprise show of the season for me. Excied for ep 2
Apr 11, 2022 12:06 AM

Aug 2019
Anya and Loid are so darn adorable. He’s going to be such a great dad like he’s already taking care of Anya but their bond it’s going to grow stronger and stronger from now on.
Apr 11, 2022 12:06 AM
Aug 2021
The way it started with the first episode was cool!

Anya is so adorable especially her voice <3

Great job to the seiyuu

And I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 11, 2022 1:01 AM

Oct 2015
3.1% rating on TV Tokyo not too bad.
Apr 11, 2022 1:06 AM
Jan 2021
1st episode, episode one

it's so fenomenal, never happened for me after just one time watched moreover only one episode and i want to buy the anime goodies! it oonly happen in here!!
Apr 11, 2022 1:52 AM

Jul 2021
anya forger - anya f***er is so cute , so kawaii , i just found this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NOdsfPNKE

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Apr 11, 2022 2:01 AM

Oct 2015
daywithoutgames said:
anya forger - anya f***er is so cute , so kawaii , i just found this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NOdsfPNKE

Not a bad video but the title is awful, I would recommend changing it.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.