Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2022 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, I felt bad for Leo here especially after what he's done..then again, I suppose the story was built this way in the first place.

Not going to lie, that Lili girl is kinda annoying, with a childish like personality that is hard to take seriously and the type that can't keep her hands off of Leo. On the other hand, we also got Echidna making an appearance who seems much more mature than Lili. I'm somewhat curious to see how the anime plans to build her relationship with Leo.
Apr 5, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Quantum's short 3-volume LN is completed since 2018, so I think we will see a full adaptation here.

The titular hero being summoned to defeat the Demon King and his/her aides, the faction whom he decimated, is now joining their side as a former hero. This is MC Leo Demonhart's ploy to join Demon Queen Echidna's army through his persistence and appeals through presentations to her and the Four Great Generals: The "Red Roar" Dragon General Edvard, the "Unseen Blade" Shadowless General Mernes, the "Ruthless Fang" Beast General Lily, and the "Almighty Mage" Sorcerer General Shutina.

The titular hero that defeated the Demon Queen but received no warm welcome enough for people to revolt against him, even going as far to label him as a "monster", and for the king to exile him out of the kingdom due to his people's betrayal, fear and reprisals, that's a sharp twist. And honestly, Leo giving the Demon Queen's side his money of the deal is helping their short-handedness (since he pretty much was the one at fault), and he couldn't have asked for a better trade to join their ranks.

Honestly, though the production is average (given EMT Squared's quality), the pacing of the storytelling is just nice actually, gives me ample time to sympathize for what Leo has went through. But Leo's job in the Demon Queen's army will not be easy.
KANLen09Apr 6, 2022 4:01 AM
Apr 5, 2022 7:07 AM

Feb 2020
Ok... This wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope you guys have fun with this show.
Apr 5, 2022 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
How an exiled Hero Rebuilt the Demon's Army.

Priest that doesn't know anything but healing magic? Well... I know a certain mage who knows only explosion magic.
Swordman that can't use magic at all? Well... I know a certain knight that never lands a hit on their target.
Archer that basically useless in close combat? Well... I know a certain goddess that is totally useless.

AkeZZZApr 5, 2022 8:31 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 5, 2022 8:27 AM

May 2021
Hey, this seems far more interesting than I initially thought, what with a hero, one that admits he uses the power of friendship while most likely not using it, being betrayed by the very people he saved. The king saying he trusts him isn't exactly helpful right after banishing from the kingdom.

That said, the hero being powerful being the reason for why they hate him is a bit unconvincing but I can flow with it.

Therefore, he goes to employ himself in the same Demon Army whose asses he once kicked and ofc gets rejected. The Demon Generals aren't interesting enough for me but Echidna does interest me a bit.

They must have some SERIOUS problems with rebuilding if the one in charge of logistics doesn't really know how to spell logistics. Curious to see how he rebuilds it.

Apr 5, 2022 8:30 AM

Aug 2020
Yikes the direction was poor with this episode, didn't even feel like it was anime, if we wanted a monologue with little animation, why not just read the source material? I'll give this a couple more episodes but if the quality doesn't increase this is just getting dropped. at least the premise is interesting?
Call me Ren
Apr 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2021
Don't really like the voice acting, decent first ep.
Apr 5, 2022 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
A tragic backstory, man, that was realistically harsh. I really like the elite four, especially Steina and Echidna's attitude towards Leo. lol

I'll probably enjoy this series if it is this enjoyable to watch but the characters' movements especially their hairs are mostly static. Hope for a retouching next episode but the action scenes are decent enough and hilarious. XD
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 2022 8:38 AM
May 2021
really good start 🔥🔥🔥. And i really liked the op theme they showed at the end 🔥🔥, loved the music. Animation quality is good of this anime 👌🏻

Oct 2017
Beat the demon queen and then join her party lol, poor guy. This actually seems it'll be kind of fun to watch. Not expecting much but hopefully it'll be worth the watch. Even if it isn't atleast Steina's cute and she's voiced by Itou Shizuka.
Jul 2019
Interesting start. Im intriuged hope it continues like this all the way
Apr 5, 2022 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm really curious about what happens in this world (and in the past), i surprisingly liked this start a good bit.
Apr 5, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2021
Serafos said:
Ok... This wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope you guys have fun with this show.

damn, if only everyone could have the same attitude towards animes they dislike ahah
Apr 5, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2016
As someone that's been a huge fanboy for an underdog studios like EMT since Nyanko Days, I've always been obliged to check out their newest shows that push them into bigger challenges outside their comfort zone of short anime.

This one already looks like a comfy and funny show in the similar trend of Banished from the Hero's party, though I hope it's not as melodramatic and tone shifiting in it's last quarter.
Apr 5, 2022 9:24 AM
Mar 2022
Dude's backstory is honestly pretty dumb, but the premise is at least interesting. Definitely won't be generic fantasy show 101.

I hope the animation will be as good as the opening.
Apr 5, 2022 9:24 AM
Sep 2015
First of all, Edwald is such a DILF, he may be the sole reason I'll finish this.
Second, why Melnes has female voice actress? Could he be...
Third, the opening scene is quite interesting, it has something to do with real world (Tokyo?), and that voice, could it be Leon's friend voice when he was in his old world?
Fourth, now let's talk about this episode, I think it's not a good mix of comedy and the seriousness, I don't know if I should be serious or should laugh at this episode. Leon's presentation in a salaryman style is very old joke that I can't laugh at it anymore. And Leon's personality is not my type. He seems to be a comedian master, but he's not down-to-eath, that means he can insult everyone except himself, just because he's a master of all knowledge.
Apr 5, 2022 9:45 AM

May 2021
nice pace for the first episode hope rest of the season episodes don't disappoint I am also reading its manga and it has a descent story it's a one time watch with mostly predictable story but the vivid personalities of character made me love it's manga just read it for fun hope anime does justice
if I have to rank it according to what I think till now it should get 6.5/10 someone who does not reads manga and only watches anime are missing various masterpieces yet to be animated and some anime change some brutal yet important scenes for pg-13 ratings it spoils the mood of the manga readers who watch anime for feeling those scenes once again
only anime fans and dont read manga would like it and i think it 7/10 or 7.5/10 for them
looking forward for next episodes
Apr 5, 2022 9:48 AM

May 2021
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Interesting start. Im intriuged hope it continues like this all the way

feels like someone first dumped a girl for someone and when he gets dumped by her runs for the previous one and wants to get accepted 😂😂😂😂😂
Apr 5, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2021
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Also its really like humanity to disregard Leo after he defeats their enemy

now a lot of mangas and ln have the fame plot killing the demon king then being discarded by the king and joining demon kings staff for living and then hero knows demons and monsters are just like humans having their day to day life earning for family
Apr 5, 2022 9:53 AM
Nov 2020
i liked how he was getting bombarded with fire and didn't had to move a single finger
Apr 5, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Yuusha Yamemasu op absolutely slaps 🔥 really cool first episode and a nice lil take on the fantasy hero genre with him joining the demon army. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this pans out and hopefully doesn’t become too generic.
Apr 5, 2022 10:01 AM
Nov 2021
It seems like it could be kind of funny, first episode was a bit dry so hoping for more from the rest of the season.
Apr 5, 2022 10:02 AM
Apr 2019
The only exceptional point: the corresponding stress of a spoken word ‘ass-A-ssin’.

*In typical Japanese speech, the accent of 【アサシン】 will be put on the first syllable like ‘A-sashin’ (Remember Fate/** series or some other titles).
Apr 5, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2016
Would people really do that to someone who saved the world? Wouldn't they know that treating him like that would/could turn him into a villian and they could literally do 0 to stop him?

Also isn't that big ripped guy literally a copy of the dude in the fate series?
Apr 5, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Leon was treat very badly considering he just saved the kingdom from the demons! The job interview was pretty funny xD.
He got hired but he has to hide it from Echidna.
It also seems Echidna wanted to avoid any unnecessary deaths that would occur.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 5, 2022 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
As a reader of the story, I thought the pacing was pretty good. Much better than I've seen with anime as of late. Not gonna lie, I was really concerned with that after seeing two other series I loved reading getting adaptations and dropping the ball, hard.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well this series adapts the source material.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 5, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2022
Why ppl refused his achievement or even consider him as danger? Hope there'll enough explanations on next episodes
Apr 5, 2022 11:23 AM
Feb 2021
Pretty generic as expected, not that good of animation, bland characters, mc’s back story felt lame, etc. I’m gonna most likely drop this simply because there are other better animes this season that I wanna watch and I can’t just watch all of them. Gotta drop some.
Apr 5, 2022 11:29 AM

Jan 2022
Ardi8 said:
Why ppl refused his achievement or even consider him as danger? Hope there'll enough explanations on next episodes

I'm waiting for more explanations myself too. I can't really enjoy a show, no matter how good it is, if I can't buy into its premise to begin with. And here, I definitely can't buy into the fact that literally everyone would hate and fear him immediately after beating the Demon Lord. If he had shown signs of wickedness or something, I'd get it.. But it doesn't seem like it. So, hopefully they explain it soon, otherwise I'll just give it pass.
Apr 5, 2022 12:01 PM
Jul 2019
Nikhil_Badyal said:
Theannoy3rd1 said:
Also its really like humanity to disregard Leo after he defeats their enemy

now a lot of mangas and ln have the fame plot killing the demon king then being discarded by the king and joining demon kings staff for living and then hero knows demons and monsters are just like humans having their day to day life earning for family

You aren't entirely wrong. The more a twist to the generic is used the more generic it becomes. Like how the u are a chosen one became so generic, so mangas switched to it was coincidence. Now that to has become generic
Apr 5, 2022 12:06 PM
Feb 2022
Instead of receiving honor for defeating the Devil Queen, I liked it because the episode shows a hero who was excluded from the kingdom by doing it alone, and that's what he did for her That ’s why I asked for a job in the army.
Apr 5, 2022 12:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The anime sounded more fun on paper but the execution of the first episode was pretty fucking flat.

His explication about the humans just randomly turning against him because they are suddenly scared of him was laughable without a proper explanation.

I think I'll pass on that one lol.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 5, 2022 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
ROFL.

All these peeps asking for an explanation on why the town people turned their back on the hero probably never ever heard the story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Apr 5, 2022 12:25 PM

Aug 2021
other than fox loli and her va everything is great and that ed is S tier
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Apr 5, 2022 12:32 PM
Sep 2021
Stark700 said:
Yikes, I felt bad for Leo here especially after what he's done..then again, I suppose the story was built this way in the first place.

Not going to lie, that Lili girl is kinda annoying, with a childish like personality that is hard to take seriously and the type that can't keep her hands off of Leo. On the other hand, we also got Echidna making an appearance who seems much more mature than Lili. I'm somewhat curious to see how the anime plans to build her relationship with Leo.

ye prolly hope he doesnt stray from his goal and fuck the world up
Apr 5, 2022 12:33 PM
Sep 2021
its iseakai but has its own fresh feeling other than the big tit elf and loli fox , feels really nice 8 /10 so far
Apr 5, 2022 12:47 PM
Mar 2021
visuals are bad but story is fine, for the first episode. though story presentetion is bad and pacing is bad and... sigh, the order in which the present information is bad and again- it looks bad. not the worst i've seen
Apr 5, 2022 12:48 PM
Mar 2021
I thought this series was gonna be like Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore.. I was wrong and im glad i was, Im going to finish this series now that i know its nothing alike

Apr 5, 2022 1:07 PM
Dec 2021
great!!! I hope he joins and gets revenge. The MC is also really handsome.
Apr 5, 2022 1:07 PM

Oct 2020
This was better then what i was expecting, i thought this would be an easy drop, but i was wrong, the first episode was actually interesting and entertaining, i hope it continues like that!
PillowmanGamesApr 5, 2022 1:20 PM
Apr 5, 2022 1:21 PM

Apr 2020
Nice first episode, I don't like the loli tho lol. Also edhe ED is really good.
Apr 5, 2022 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
Reading the synopsis and watching the POV, I thought this was going to be pretty fun. And it is, I really liked this first episode.

The hero pulling out his resume was hilarious, he really had a presentation prepared with graphs and everything haha. While I can see why people would start to fear him, it was still a shitty thing to do. No wonder he wants to join the demons now.

Lily is cute. Unfortunately for her, it looks like the hero has morals and their marriage will have to wait lol, interesting that he did not refuse tho. Also, her voice sounded familiar so I was trying to remember where from during the whole episode and of course it sounded familiar, she voices Abigail from FGO.

Shutina is hot... and cute. I love that she is voiced by Shizuka Itou.

Is that assassin guy really a guy? He sounds quite feminine and it wouldn't be surprising if it was a girl.

We haven't seen much of Echidna but I love her character design. And what we saw at the end about not wanting unnecessary killing is interesting.

Looking forward to more.
Apr 5, 2022 1:29 PM
Nov 2021
i really enjoyed it, i love fantasy series and this one captured my attention right of the bat it has a very interesting concept and world sure you might see it as a bit generic but to mee it shows a lot of promise of whats to come
Apr 5, 2022 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
This is Helck if it was a light novel. I want to see how things develop from here but I'm not liking the MC very much. I like Shutina but it's probably most because of Shizuka's voice.
Apr 5, 2022 1:45 PM

Feb 2021
DarkGamerA said:
other than fox loli and her va everything is great and that ed is S tier
Fox loli best thing about the show so far fr.
Apr 5, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2018
That was an okay start.

Lili gave me Ranka vibes, she should have been licking his face and saying mate not marry ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 5, 2022 2:17 PM
Oct 2017
I found the jokes to be decent, even if the animation was a little bland. Hopefully the comedy stays good, and maybe we can get some better characterization for the cast. Potentially decent anime here IMO.
Apr 5, 2022 2:18 PM

May 2018
The premise is stupid but pretty unique lol. I want to see bad boi Leo now lol
Apr 5, 2022 2:57 PM
Oct 2020
So is no one going to mention that echidnas are hedgehog like animals and relatives of platypus? Why is that her name?! (Also, they are adorable).

See pic (https://www.bushheritage.org.au/getmedia/2cc19a2f-c5e6-41db-9573-f8e1e2d94d87/27091-baby-echidna?width=600&height=800&ext=.jpg)
Apr 5, 2022 3:03 PM
Feb 2019
At the end he revealed that he was telling and narrating the story about how he Joined the Demon Army, but then how was he directly talking to the viewers when at the table with the 4 demon leaders? that should’ve been him inside the story not talking to the viewers ..

The premise of the town being scared of his strength and power was a little odd but I guess maybe that level of power was unfathomable to the ppl of the town

I want to watch for characters and story and enjoyed first episode but the narration bugs me so idk
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

77 by vkopuzoglu »»
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

136 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

70 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.