Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 25, 2022 7:55 PM

Sep 2021
Yooooooooo this is like 10000000000000/100.
Hope to see some continuations on the movie.
Definitely one of the best this season.
Mar 25, 2022 7:56 PM
Mar 2015
Wonderful white day gift from our boi Gong to see her at the ferry was the best gift of all
Mar 25, 2022 7:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A fitting finale for the 3rd season of Takagi-San. Most of the episode is kinda gloomy, both the weather and the atmosphere lol. First Nishikata is excited about his series of puzzles titled “Nishikata Quest”, but after getting word that Takagi wouldn’t be at school that day, it puts him down for most of the episode. Of course our boy Kimura being the bro he is (even if he doesn’t know it) slides Nishikata the book Takagi was reading earlier in the season where she dropped the casual “I love you” but then brushed it off like she was reading a line from the book, but Nishikata discovers she made it up just so she could say it, I really like that full circle we got there.

Meanwhile, not only does Hamaguchi fail his confession to Houjou (still love this pair), the Doyoubi girls are casually solving Nishikata Quest without knowing what it’s for lol, and later Nishikata finds out Takagi will be back in the afternoon, so he rushes to get his White Day gift to her in a very good scene where he runs his guts out chasing her car to a nice new song, which is when Takagi notices him and stops the car to run to him, and the clouds part for a nice Sunny Sakura blossom view for a very good final scene between the two, absolutely loved when Takagi’s face lit up after Nishikata explained why he ran to her. It’s as Yukari said in the episode, “that’s the power of love.” Lol.

And here we are at the end of another season of Takagi-San, it was a very good one once again, full of the classic teasing we’ve come to know paired with some very sweet and romantic moments between Nishikata and Takagi. Much like the first two season, I really enjoyed this one, love seeing all the characters again and more of the main pair is always nice, the OP and EDs this time were superb as well. Of course I hope this isn’t the final season and the movie doesn’t properly end it, but if it happens to be, I’ve really enjoyed this anime series as a whole and will definitely miss all of its sweetness and hilarity, definitely need to rewatch it all soon.
Mar 25, 2022 8:30 PM
Jun 2020
A nice and heartwarming episode. But it isn't as surprising or good as I thought it would be. Nishikata probably realized about the "I love you" from the book and in the end they met, it was a very nice moment. The gift Takagi wanted is not even the actual gift, that is the resolve Nishikata made to chase her from the ferry all the way until they both met, it's very lovely to witness that scene.

My displeasure is just that they didn't make this season's finale as strong as the second's. However they still manage to capture the comedy properly as well, when Hamaguchi said "See you tomorrow" instead of confessing, Lol
Rants and possibly reviewing shows I have watched.
Mar 25, 2022 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
the finale was so good...anime og ending like it SHOULD. Pretty sure this didnt happen in the manga, this has to lead into the movie and them being older! hopefully.. Cannot wait for the movie. Altho this wasnt a "confession" but I think takagai knows and he knows also.
Im kinda sad that after the movie no more tkagai unless they do an adaption when they're older..hopefully. Series just always makes me smile so good.
Mar 25, 2022 8:43 PM

Feb 2020
Amazing finale, best season, wow...
9/10 can't wait for the movie!
Mar 25, 2022 8:46 PM
Mar 2020
Definitely a great episode where things progress even more. Can't wait for when the movie airs as well as a moto adaptation :) It's kind of a happy and sad feeling for me. Happy because it's great, and sad because it's sounding like its almost done.

No cap, the screen time for each of the characters where pretty well distributed. Ashita wa Doyoubi trio were extremely wonderful presences in the episode with their insights and clue searching. Was a wonderful road, and I can't help but be excited to see more!
Mar 25, 2022 9:53 PM
Jul 2021
this episode makes my heart rubidubibu
Mar 25, 2022 10:16 PM

Jun 2020
This Nishikata quest looks interesting to watch Takagi solve it I wonder how she'll solve it

So long for Takagi solving it, Mina and the gang are the ones who are going to solve it first not gonna lie it was fun watching them solve it, Sometimes Yukari's genius is it's almost frightening

Kind of sad that the gift got crushed by the car guessing by it or it got but the end was wholesome nonetheless I expected an "I love you" from Nishikata got "I really wanted to see you" from him well can't blame him I want another season so why not.

From the continuation of the previous 2 seasons I was really excited this got announced and finished the last season to watch this enjoyed till the end I would like another adaptation.
Mar 25, 2022 10:56 PM
Dec 2017
The three girls definitely crank my score. Also, the fact that when the season starts the pacing is felt all over the place is no concern for me after such a great build-up to the finale. Cute things do pass any bad comment!
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Mar 25, 2022 11:11 PM
Mar 2021
Finally my boi Nishikata realize it! This is a huge step for their relationship. But still, I was expecting something else. Nevertheless, see you guys soon at the Movie
Mar 25, 2022 11:59 PM

Jun 2021
My heart... That was one of the more satisfying non-confession confessions I've witnessed. I guess it would make more sense if he confessed in high school. They have to make a season 4 or we riot.

For someone outside looking in, this season may be a speedrun of romcom tropes, ie valentine's, christmas, movie date, etc. but it worked extremely well for Nishikita and Takagi-san's story. The cultural festival was particularly such a standout arc.

It's been a joy watching this season. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Mar 26, 2022 1:05 AM

Aug 2020
Because I wanted to see you! nice move nishikata good ending for the season

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 26, 2022 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
it was sweet, a confession without words.
I never expected nishikek to confess when the thought of him liking takagi is only now occurring to him.
she wouldn't have accepted a halfhearted reply, fully knowing how much of a tsundere he is. this was the best possible outcome.
actions speak louder than words do. guy tried to race against a car, guess running his ass off was worth it in the end.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 26, 2022 1:39 AM
Feb 2021
great 3 season now end this series with a concluding movie really happy
Mar 26, 2022 2:24 AM

Jan 2021
shows like these is the reasons why I have such a high romantic expectations..

anyway it's so satisfying seeing nishikata realize it.. also not gonna lie, I screamed during the scene where, Mina picks it up, Im glad yukari realized it, and put everything back to normal.

and not gonna lie I expected a confession this season but sadly we didn't get it, but this episode is still very wholesome.. Im really grinning like an idiot while watching this episode

Mar 26, 2022 2:49 AM

Jul 2008
-Atsuhi- said:
shows like these is the reasons why I have such a high romantic expectations..

anyway it's so satisfying seeing nishikata realize it.. also not gonna lie, I screamed during the scene where, Mina picks it up, Im glad yukari realized it, and put everything back to normal.

and not gonna lie I expected a confession this season but sadly we didn't get it, but this episode is still very wholesome.. Im really grinning like an idiot while watching this episode

I agree that
would have been nice, but watching the Anime Japan panel with Kaji Yuuki-san (Nishikata), he felt that saying the lines
was more manly and in character for Nishikiata and let the audience decide for themselves how the characters take it (until the movie of course!). Regardless... Like you, I was grinning for most of the episode, but I was in tears
that part of the episode... I really can't wait for the movie!!
Mar 26, 2022 3:11 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I wish there were more credits so I could sit and stare at the screen longer while I continue being in a daze

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 26, 2022 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
As a fan of Takagi and NIshikata, this White day episode is so beautiful, sweet and makes your heart happy....

10/10 for this episode....
Mar 26, 2022 5:49 AM

Nov 2016
This finale single handedly made me bump up the score.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2022 6:10 AM

Mar 2020
surf78987898 said:
My heart... That was one of the more satisfying non-confession confessions I've witnessed. I guess it would make more sense if he confessed in high school. They have to make a season 4 or we riot.

For someone outside looking in, this season may be a speedrun of romcom tropes, ie valentine's, christmas, movie date, etc. but it worked extremely well for Nishikita and Takagi-san's story. The cultural festival was particularly such a standout arc.

It's been a joy watching this season. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Did you post this comment on reddit? Same person?
“A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart.”

I like 95% of the anime I watch. Fashies and the like can go fuck themselves.
Mar 26, 2022 6:19 AM
Jan 2020
Having Takahashi Rie singing Hana from Orange Range was simply the icing on the cake for me in this beautiful season.
The ending caught me in such a strong way (straight into nostalgia) that I can't even express it in words
Mar 26, 2022 6:54 AM
Mar 2022
9.7/10

I didn't like it in the end, why did Nishikata have to be like that?
And also i'm really surprised that the ending song in this last episode is a song from one of my favorite groups that disbanded in 2010-2011, namely BRIGHT.
Mar 26, 2022 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
If Nishikata does not drop the "L BOMB" in the movie then idk anymore. I thought it was going to happen in this episode but alas.

Great season 9/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
A very good season. As expected, no confession yet - the upcoming movie should be legendary!
Mar 26, 2022 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
OMG!! That was so adorable!

Can't wait for the movie<33

9/10

Mar 26, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
This episode ended the season on a really high note and it had me smiling through it all, too. =)

You have to give Nishikata praise for making his quest game and how much effort he put into the clues. However, due to the bad weather, Takagi wasn't able to come to school so, by chance, Mina and co ended up taking on the quest and, when they realised it was made for Takagi, they placed all of the boxes back where they found it. The trio did great, that's for sure.

Thanks to Kimura being the MVP that he is, he gave Nishitaka the book that he'd seen Takagi read before and it finally dawned on him about how she feels for him. You have to give him credit for going out of his way to find Takagi, from taking the bus towards the ferry port, then chasing after Takagi in her mother's car (Nice Fiat Abarth 500, by the way!) until Takagi finally noticed him running after her and she got out to meet him by the cherry blossoms.

I do look forward to seeing the movie in the future, but for now, I'll most likely rate season 3 a 9/10. ^_^
Mar 26, 2022 8:07 AM
Dec 2021
The Best Episode from this series!!!

This is my favorite relationship in Romantic Comedy!!!

The last scene was so good, they finally-
Idk, maybe that counted as a confession...
And yes, Nishikata made Takagi blush again. (Lol every final eps of the season, Nishikata always made her blush)

Can't wait for the Movie!! I think that is the last adaptation, I don't read the manga but I hope the movie continue on what happen next on Ep12 and do a lot more romantic comedy scene...

I'm happy that I'm choose to watch this Anime, nothing that disappoint me!!! I give it 99/10 ♥♥♥!
Mar 26, 2022 8:21 AM
May 2020
such a bittersweet ending to thus season by leaving us like that, absolutely loved
Mar 26, 2022 8:50 AM

Oct 2021
i think this season feels more romance than the previous two seasons
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 9:49 AM
Mar 2022
I don't understand the last part where takagi said you have already returned the favour or something and they just cut it off right there
Mar 26, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2020
Almost all characters got their screentime this last ep. Mina and her friends solving the Nishikata quest and putting it back knowing it's for Takagi-san. Although we have two 'failed' confessions but my god the last scene is so wholesome, I really thought we gonna have a confession from Nishikata but we all know the manga is still on-going; this show really know how to "tease"

A beautiful finale for such an amazing season. Love it all the way through. Really elevated the story compared to the past two season.
Mar 26, 2022 10:29 AM

Feb 2021
This is it for the final episode of the season ^
Nishikata didn't confess, but the ending was so cute! Takagi-san was able to solve all 10 of Nishikata's Quest of course :D

What an interesting season we got this time :') Really adorable and cute and way more straight-forward than the previous seasons which is something we all liked to see; progress.
Progress not just with the main cast but with also the side characters. Oh and I also love how all the side characters got enough screen time!

Can't wait for the movie to drop! Great season
Mar 26, 2022 11:05 AM

May 2016
No out and out confession, but they know, both of them. :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 26, 2022 11:47 AM
Oct 2019
i'm yelling to the screen "Do it Hamaguchi" lmao
poor Hojou...

My heart can't handle this wholesomeness...

Holy Damn Nishikata Quest till 10 boxes, respect for my boi.

The Running Scene was so beautifully done, what a way to end this wonderful Season.

8/10 WHOLESOME

now waiting the Movie.
are they gonna ending the story with the Movie? anybody can confirm?
Mar 26, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
Oh man I thought by this time Nishikata would've confess to Takagi, well maybe I'll get my chance in the movie

Overall it's a great ep
Mar 26, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2016
Such promising build-up that led mostly to nothing. Guess the only remarkable thing this finale left was the fact of Nishikata FINALLY realizing he has feelings for the girl who lowkey bothers him 24/7.

And as for Hamaguchi, he sure let me down this time. Granted, Houjou is kinda tsundere so it's hard to know what she thinks sometimes but still. Honestly, I was expecting more courage from this kid but well.

Overall, a slight step-up from previous seasons but still nothing I can consider as "good". Nishikata is so dumb it hurts sometimes and having the same "teasing" formula being repeated over and over again sure makes you wonder how we managed to receive three seasons of this in the first place.

4/10
Mar 26, 2022 9:11 PM
Mar 2022
Nishikata finally confessed!

The plain translation of “Ai Tai Dakara” is “therefore I want to meet you”. In Japanese, the meaning behind is “I am thinking of you. You are special. Therefore I want to meet you.” In East Asia, an interpretation of "love" is the special one.

In ep 12, Nishikata finally confirms Takagi is "the special one", and he takes the action immediately.

Remember the teaching of mother Takagi to Chi in ep 5? Teasing is the act of love. Takagi never teases the others but Nishikata. Nishikata is the special one to Takagi.

Nishikata does always have feeling to Takagi, but he always rejected his own feeling before. He just thought Takagi is too good for him, until he finally realises the meaning of Takagi's "teasing" --- a secret confession from Takagi.

Takagi is waiting for confession from Nishikata. Remember the interrupted dream in ep 1? The dream continues in reality in ep 12. Nishikata speaks the words that Takagi is looking forward to, "Ai Tai Dakara". Therefore, Takagi replies that she knows Nishikata's feeling with smiling. His feeling is precious to her. Takagi has accepted the confession.

We may think reversely. Takagi has confessed to Nishikata. Now Nishikata accepts her confession.

One may say "Suki Desu" (I like you) for a direct confession. The meaning of "Ai Tai Dakara" is even deeper, emphasising the thinking of the special one. A word play here is that "Ai" is also the pronunciation of kanji "愛" (love) in both Chinese and Japanese. However, people tends to avoid this usage in the confession of starting a relationship. The meaning behind is too strong --- forever love.

The production team does hint, the same sakura scene, the same background music, the same sound effects between ep 1 and ep 12. The ED is a strong hint that they finally become a couple.

I finally understand the OP animation. The time line of the OP should be set between ep 12 and the movie. The "apple" means first love. The video game corresponds to the video game of "Nishikata Quest" in ep 12 which means seeking or enjoying. Takagi and Nishikata are holding hands, walking on the "Angel Road" in Shōdoshima, their home island. There is a myth of the "Angel Road". When a couple reaches the opposite island through the "Angel Road", the relationship can last forever. (The Angel Road sometimes buries under water, see Ohara Yuiko's music video.) We know that Takagi and Nishikata finally marry, and have Chi their daughter. Another strong hint is the wishing broad. The wishing board is for couples. There is a shell-shaped card signed with "N" and "T".

10/10

I am especially delighted by the story development of entire S3. I never thought of the book that Takagi read aloud in ep2 as the key of Nishikata's confession.

For the movie, I am interested to the progression of their relationship. The plot looks like that they will go to a trip in the coming summer. Will they hold hands naturally?
sdyeungMar 26, 2022 11:20 PM
Mar 26, 2022 9:51 PM

Feb 2021
After several months, maybe even years, and 2 seasons later, Nishikata had a stark realisation that he 'might' have a crush on Takagi-san. That's some premium character development. 😎👍

I like how they brought back the book 'Bryon' for further reference on how sneakily Takagi-san confessed to Nishikata.

Bro they made a meme reference with Yukari-can. 'Sometimes my genius it's almost frightening' meme lol

Really glad that the trio got some screentime

But wait what was in the actual present box Nishikata had? Was it chocolate or something else?

Oh man looks like the final confession will take place in the upcoming movie.

Overall such a wholesome and sweet episode and season in general. The wait for the movie begins 😩

Amazing season! 9/10
DeonXMar 26, 2022 10:18 PM

Mar 26, 2022 9:55 PM

Sep 2020
I got a vibe from that Re:zero S1 episode because of the animated ending XD.

Very very very cute.
I want the movie right now!!!
Mar 26, 2022 10:15 PM
Mar 2022
niko_sb said:

Very very very cute.

There is a profound difference. Emilia still does not know what is "love", but Takagi knows.
Mar 26, 2022 11:03 PM

Sep 2020
sdyeung said:
niko_sb said:

Very very very cute.

There is a profound difference. Emilia still does not know what is "love", but Takagi knows.

hahaha
Well noticed XD~

also both are dubbed by Rie-chan
Mar 27, 2022 12:59 AM
Aug 2021
This might just be me, but "I just wanted to see you" I feel was a more impactful thing to say than "I love you" in that moment. I think at the back of both of their minds, they already know that the other is interested in them. Nishikata sprinting like an absolute madlad, tripping and falling, but still making it made the simplicity of "I just wanted to see you" that much greater. Also, in my eyes, it's basically a confession, cos someone who's not in love with you would NEVER chase after you that earnestly.

I didn't expect a confession now, so that can be saved for the movie. I wonder if the movie will maybe have the confession close to the beginning, we see some time skips to high school and college, and then it ultimately serves as a segue into a Moto anime.

Lastly, damn, Hamaguchi fumbled the bag. At this rate, Hojo is gonna get awkward and confess first. Kinda wish we got the glasses Hojo chapter from the manga animated, as that's some solid development.
Mar 27, 2022 5:16 AM

Dec 2008
visually that holding hands scene was great, but it really didn't deliver in other aspects.
He didn't say his line, so unfortunately that season ended in a very subtle fashion with really low impact.

Since I didn't like the season all that much I can't say that I was satisfied with the end.

For the most part this season had the most boring challenges ever, there were some exceptions, although I think that they should have dropped the challenges and exchanged them with daily events, partially it looked forced how Nishikata was fixated on it, while Takagi san tried bolder approaches on him that looked kind of desperate.

I loved the theatre play and the christmas date episode and a few smaller stories.

Hamaguchi you wuss, even Nishikata has much more guts than you XD
I think that girl won't give him another chance, she isn't as patient as Takagi san.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2022 7:04 AM
Aug 2021
First of all, in this season it made my eyes tear up 2 times and it could even be the same in the last scenes my eyes became teary, the first was in episode 9 and the second was in this episode or the forum I'm writing about right now or it's easier to call it the last episode (episode 12).

Second, in this season from the first episode to the last episode it always makes me happy and comfortable.

Third, well I'm speechless with this is one of the most beautiful shows I've ever watched from all aspects, namely the story, the characters, the voice acting, the animation, the music and the OSTs and so on.

Great job to everyone who works behind the scenes on this show.

10/10

And maybe I'll give the movie a score of 10 too when it's released haha.
Mar 27, 2022 7:38 AM

Aug 2017
Incredible season. 10/10 just like i gave the first two seasons. Another race for love scene like at the fireworks, sure I'll take it. I like seeing Nishikata man up.

This is 100% anime GOLD! Best couple!

Mar 27, 2022 3:54 PM

Aug 2008
Wholesome sugar goodness to make you smile. Was so well done that the trio of girls who I usually find to be a distraction from Takagi and Nishikata were great here. This third season really stepped things up for me. I guess the upcoming movie will give anime original end? Glad to see these two get a proper end if manga is dragging it out.
Mar 27, 2022 4:14 PM
Nov 2009
TrumpMD said:
Incredible season. 10/10 just like i gave the first two seasons. Another race for love scene like at the fireworks, sure I'll take it. I like seeing Nishikata man up.

This is 100% anime GOLD! Best couple!

I could not agree more, I have watched over 140 anime series and constantly try to figure out which is my favorite. I think Teasing master will be my number 1 for probably years to come. I can't imagine an anime that could come out that would make me feel this happy.

They really are the best couple.
Mar 27, 2022 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
This series has evolved wonderfully. I am amazed how warm and nourishing the story has become. It equals the manga in quality and telling of the story and it never descends into banal or trite tropes. It is really a joy to watch and re watch and I hope for more for there is so much more of the important relations to see and share and savor.

Truly a marvel of anime and shows that anime in spits of some recent bizarre efforts and art directions anime is flowering each year in its own way with a few special and very good series. I see we have more good ones in next quarter but i was sad to see the final episode and will look forward to the next series of Takagi-san very much.

Well done Author, Director, Art Director and all Staff.

10 our of 10

Mar 27, 2022 7:04 PM

Mar 2016
God damn they teased us! Hamaguchi wasn't able to tell Hojo the words he was so commited to saying last episode, and we didn't get Nishikata to says the exact words either.

Although in a way this was a clear demonstration of 'actions speak louder than words'. He put together a 10 part puzzle for her to experience, he was making sure to focus on class to ensure he had a set of notes that she could copy, and then he went so far as to race to catch her arriving on the ferry. Clearly been working on his stamina if he was able to keep chasing after Takagi's car for as long as he did. Hope we finally get the words out of both Nishikata and Hamaguchi in the movie :3

Mina, Sanae, and Yukari were really well done this episode. Highlighting all the thought and effort that Nishikata put into the quest and playing a touch of background narration whilst treating us to more of their wonderful friendship. Was really sweet how they panicked about solving the quest meant for Takagi and rushing to place all the boxes back.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2022

57 by Jfile904 »»
Mar 28, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2022

143 by xRbzx »»
Mar 7, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

105 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

92 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2022

91 by Tamermoga73 »»
Aug 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.