Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
Mira and the Ecarlate Carillon guild reunites yet again, and they're the same as ever. Flicker is still tasteful for Mira though.

Monsters are running amok destroying caravans, and it isn't getting any better with the spirit destruction from Chimera Clausen, so the guild plus Mira goes out to investigate and restore things back to their original state. Cyril and Mira taking on legendary beasts while the others take on small fry, Mira is only limited to giving them aid since Cyril wants them to improve as well.

And of that cargo comes a stone tablet that temporarily transports Mira's soul back in time, to converge with the Devils that mana is binary, seems like a witting dream. And with that, they part, and Mira comes back to see a grim image of King Solomon's kingdom being ravaged by monsters. This spatial mana distortion is quite the trouble, and only Mira can clear it.

Let's see what happens in next week's finale.
KANLen09Mar 22, 2022 5:55 PM
Mar 22, 2022 9:16 AM

Feb 2020
That was a nice reunion with the guild members.

Frick was obviously very happy to see Mira again. x3

Yeah, one episode to go. Hoping for an epic final battle!

SerafosMar 22, 2022 9:20 AM
Mar 22, 2022 9:55 AM
Sep 2015
Best episode yet.
Mar 22, 2022 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like they changed things a lot guessing that they went a big final.
As it looks now i doubt there will be a second season, especially after that disaster of a first episode which covered things that where not even mentioned in the LN and the manga.
Let's just hope the ending is good.
Mar 22, 2022 11:37 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Mira destroyed that golden lion very easily with her mix of immortal arts and partial summons. One more episode left!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 22, 2022 1:45 PM
Mar 2008
What on earth were they thinking with that horrific slideshow when they were talking in the inn? Holy hell... I had to pause just so I could shout "WHAT?!?! WTF IS THIS?"
I can tell this wasn't a high budget production with how many weird and wonderful shortcuts they use but the whole "slideshow with no audio and just music" thing totally knocks me off balance, both now and when they did it for the last 5 minutes or so of the first episode.
The one here makes even less sense to me because just having an actual conversation with some conservative camera angles to avoid having to animate too much probably would've taken the same amount of time and felt more natural.

That said, I feel like this adaptation is a car crash I keep coming back to look at just to see how badly mangled everything is.

I was appalled at how bad the first few episodes were but had a feeling that the actual setting/characters might be up my alley so I sought out the manga and read it up to the currently available pages and it's actually amazing how much the anime messed it up :P

I'm not even that fussed usually about adaptations and often enjoy both the anime and manga of things for different reasons but this is one case where I really just advise anyone to read the manga (or I guess the light novels? I've not read those yet myself :o ) I'll finish the anime out of a morbid sense of curiosity but they've really not done this series any justice and the extra bits they added seem to ruin the pace / sense of power scaling :/
Mar 22, 2022 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
lol, that was a cute episode but that little fan service at the end are unnecessary, lmao!
I can't wait what will happen in the next (final) episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 22, 2022 2:33 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode. Mira somehow went back in time... which is even more interesting since we know that the "past" used to be "game"

I wonder what the Devils mean by "reborn into angels"... hmm...

Maybe there'll be more of those "Stone Tablets" that can reveal more about this.

Also... Can't finish an episode without "pee". LOL (near end at the bush)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 23, 2022 4:35 AM
Mar 2012
most interesting plot so far, wish it can follow thru tho... and need more worldbuilding with the mana ideas.
Korpokkurs pretty fun.
Mar 23, 2022 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That duo lion, looks more like a stiff statue than the legendary beast, love it. Seems like budget really go all out to depict the cuteness, even if its not that enough. Blue bunny so damn cute. And then duo leaves spirit. Oh shit, another loli!

Don't mind that inn and monster part honestly, its hurt if you think about that much. My mind straight with curiosity over what lies beyond those mana distortion that manage to flight Mira soul onto the past. Seems like all demon problem caused by that. But still not answering why and who's behind that. Also about the fact that Mira still unable to reach or visit other nine wise men, especially Soul Howl. The show will be end next week. Shall i read the source to fill my all curiosity?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 23, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2007
that mysterious man who calls themselves "the Devils", and they are going to be reincarnated as "Angels"? This got me curious..

anyway, nice to see Mira's adventurer friends again. Flicker almost managed to get a kiss, but stopped by blue rabbit. lol
Mar 23, 2022 10:11 AM

Feb 2013
isnt int last episode (episode 10) mira is going with Blue and White to their base?
and in start eps 11, mira move alone somehwhere, they skiped it or what? confused here
Mar 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Jan 2017
The 3DCGI enemies continue to hurt my enjoyment of this, not to mention the barely animated parts during the inn scene
Mar 26, 2022 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
I liked how they changed the chairs in the tavern scene when the green dude enters and screams for his leader. Great method to keep the viewer interested in the show.
You never know what they will change next scene.
For example when attacking the lions, the creators decided, on the fly, to remove Miras overknees for a few frames.
Mar 31, 2022 5:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I believe it's nice to see the guild again, but that kind of time travel part was interesting even though it's still mysterious but now it's time for the final battle anyway
Mar 31, 2022 6:09 PM
Feb 2020
Weakest episode so far and it was very weak.

Slideshow open close mouth flaps generic music absolutely no dialogue dragged out restuarant scene we've seen hundreds of times in anime.

This party exists to fill time. (The red sword adventurer's cardboard cut out party).

Minus 1 point on the overal series rating (7 -1 = 6) for padding to increase the episode count. Which is a shame as it's a chill series.
Apr 6, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 2021
Decent episode. 4/5. Just one more episode left.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 9, 2022 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
The sudden timetravel with the devils wanting to reincarnate as angels was quite interesting.

More importantly the amount of scenes involving Mira wanting to pee is too damn high and unfunny.

Jul 27, 2022 2:44 AM

Jun 2021
I wanna know more about that whole spirit time traveling thing. Reminds me a little of Skyrim when you read the elder scroll to go back in time lol. I wonder if those devils that reincarnated as “angels” are in any way related to the attack on the kingdom and these kidnapping of spirits. Anyways, looks like next week is gonna be pretty action packed.

Oh, and they snuck in a little scene of Mira having to wee in the bushes. The pee fetish in this show is hilarious lol.
Jan 25, 2023 6:15 AM
Jan 2023
well, idk, this episode was just exiting
Jul 12, 2023 12:49 AM
Jan 2018
Wait did they seriously adapt a set up in the previous episode then completely ignore it the next. Thought it was going to finally show another wise men

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 18, 2022

94 by 88NickC »»
Apr 8, 1:43 PM

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Apr 5

9 by ejleon »»
Apr 7, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2022

155 by ProfGunk »»
Mar 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 1, 2022

22 by jenkitsune »»
Apr 24, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2022

52 by unknownoffsider »»
Mar 20, 2023 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.