Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, boring episode. I get why they tried to emphasize the idea of enjoying games and is not just about winning...but overall, the story of this episode was boring.

Some characters realized Kamiya's motivation in playing extreme baseball. Seems they're building towards for the final episodes with this one. All those "best players" being named lol. I hope they can live up to their expectations.
Mar 14, 2022 7:27 AM

Jun 2021
I guess I was right last week about Ojiro turning super evil.
So he killed Tenshin because he wanted to make XB corrupt and ruthless, only to make XB corrupt and ruthless? Okay...

This week, as we're preparing for the big game between Minato and Chiyoda, would have been the PERFECT opportunity for Kazuki to tell Minato, and by extension the viewers, EVERYTHING! Sell us on the new big bad now that he is truly the big bad. What was he like before being adopted by Tenshin? What was the relationship like between him and Kazuki? What switch flipped in his mind to turn him to the dark side? He covets strength more than anything? Where does that come from? What kind of man is Ojiro, really? Kazuki more or less once again failed to deliver on that potential character development. Disappointing.

On the other hand, both Haru and Taiga are much different people now compared to the first half of the season, and I couldn't be more thankful for it. Haru couldn't stay the nervous cowardly wreck with a heart of gold forever, and Taiga needed to pull his head out of his ass and think about what's really important. We got glimpses this week that both have grown over this experience, and I expect them to lead Minato to victory by season's end!

So, not much happened this week, which I think after last week's chaos is perfectly fine, because at least now the plot is going at more of a pace compared to weeks previous. It's obvious we're in the endgame now, the last two episodes will most likely be this one game against Chiyoda.

That being said, if there isn't a big twist at the end of next week then this show will unfortunately be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

ALSO, DISCOUNT IMPOSTER BYAKUYA SURVIVED THAT EXPLOSION HE WAS IN, WITH SEEMINGLY NO INJURY OR SCARS TO SHOW FOR IT!!!! Ota Tribe REALLY fucking sucks at making bombs...
DYNEadvanceMar 14, 2022 7:33 AM
Mar 14, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
Oh man...this is already turning out SUPER BAD: the "villain rules the world" oh-so-predictable storyline, which is always a staple of "endgame" game adaptations and the lesser bad. Should've known this was coming regardless of people behind every game adaptation (except for CyGames).

Anyways, the XB world revolves around Ojiro Otori and the Chiyoda Tribe, which didn't really change: XB is just used as a means of war, to replace the usual entertainment that's known for, becoming a game that even AI is limited by design. It's fated that Minato will face against Chiyoda, and this time they have no way out given evil Ojiro's authoritarian rule to dispose the lowly pests. But in the face of all adversity, Taiga is pumped and wants to do things the right and fair way, and so is Haru.

The way how these people conceive XB is the usual practice of having friends play for fun like a sport with friends and opponents, and it's not wrong, but feels shallow and hollow just like any game adaptation.

Here we go, the final 2 episodes dedicated to Chiyoda vs. Minato, and let the battle royale death game begin.
Mar 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Jan 2017
Nothing much happened this episode eh besides the lot being undecided on the match but marching on due to Haru's and Taiga's spirits, was expecting to shed some light into Kazuki's or Ojiro's past, or heck some more info on Kamiya

big bren Ojiro tryna fix XB by breaking up its very fundamentals instead, hilarious
Mar 14, 2022 8:47 AM
Sep 2015
Gotta love how Taiga shout his world's best series, he think he can solve everything by shouting, and I hope he succeed.

I'm wondering if Taigo is so innocent to the point that he doesn't even realize grabbing boob is a sexual action.
Mar 14, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
Im really enjoying the show, the story is building up and we had some nice dialogue given the rules of the game have been changed and they are pretty much heading into a potential death match. And lets face it, main bad guy is intending to wipe them off the map and everyone knows its...

Also, the intro and ending have epic tunes. Great show!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 14, 2022 10:29 AM
Oct 2020
How is it that this show makes less and less sense each week? Can't wait for it to be over.
Mar 14, 2022 5:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, not expecting the bgm to be sounded more decent this time. Prolly because its pacing up through the more of serious matter, even though the chaotic nuance still there to living up the situations.

Alright, Ojiro taking Tenshin throne didn't mean good at all for XB future player, its actually worsen. But at the same time, its also increased the popularity among the non-XB citizens toward the game itself, even if it using such a villainous way like that changed of XB laws. There's a lot of different impact after Ojiro took the throne. But Ojiro didn't care much about that. He just seek strong opponent only to be beaten in the end by him. Simple.

With that being said, his eyes pointed out to Minato tribe again, because why not. Folks couldn't live in peace and already got an invitation to play the life-or-death match. Brainstorming session started there, because Arisugawa couldn't get the straight answer. Even to some hooligan-looking like Taiga, seems to over thought about it for once xd.

However, the plot, er the game i mean, must go on. Rematch still be the only possible way to end all the weird shit. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 14, 2022 6:30 PM

Sep 2020
Ojiro might actually be a visionary in brutality because I can't think of a single way to make XB more extreme than its current iteration.
Mar 14, 2022 6:33 PM
Apr 2021
I think this episode should be change rate for PG-13 to R because this pilot is so violence.
Mar 14, 2022 6:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So basically, Ojiro kills Tenshin because he didn’t like his underhanded tactics, but then he proceeds to make XB a chaotic mess of a game lol, cool tho, it makes things a bit more interesting. And now Minato tribe got their spirits up for the upcoming game against Chiyoda once again, I know it was kinda cheesy but I liked it lol. Also Yui seems to have something against Aoyama, glad to see we’re learning more about her finally too.

Also it seems the rich guy survived the bomb from a few episodes ago, kinda surprised to see that, but also kinda glad because I’d like to see his team of babes play a match of XB lol.
Mar 15, 2022 3:58 PM

Jan 2010
We saw a lot of teams out for blood with crazy faces ready to kill, after 33 matches only 8 died... that was underwhelming.

Anyway it was nice that it was haru the first one to want to fight against chiyoda.
May 5, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Well props to Ojiro for making the Extreme baseball even more extreme by taking away the baseball aspect and just leaving whatever the hell is left. Also when the statistics were read, how the hell are there only 8 dead?

Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM
Feb 2017
I liked the tense beginning

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

28 by LimiterLily »»
Mar 5, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

16 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

20 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

15 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.