Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, they went all in with the action this episode. Makes sense given the context of this show and they wanted to make an impact of their final game.

Pretty predictable ending though...and rushed too. Imo, it felt underwhelming but I guess they made it look impactful in some ways with all the action. Felt like a mediocre anime overall.
Mar 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, Ojiro takes matters into his own hands, and the Chiyoda Tribe is no place for losers, only the strong prevail above everything.

And in the similar Kazutaka Kodada twist, Yui Kamiki's calamity sends all Tribes packing to save Neo Tokyo from the falling Chiyoda Castle, while all Ojiro cared for is individuality for Kazuki and Taiga to hold Haru back until the game is finished. It's a bombastic ending for sure.

Eh, it was alright. Not the Akudama Drive kind of outlandish bombastic, but it is what it is.
Mar 28, 2022 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
Action-wise this definitely felt like a finale with the 1v1 between Haru and Ojiro in a limited time setting. But are we just gonna forget about what happened to Yui after she blew the whole castle up
Mar 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Oct 2009
Finally this spectacular hot mess is over. I'm glad I delayed watching it because if I'd had to have it dragged out over 12 weeks, I would've dropped it.
Honestly.... wtf was this anime? Baseball is fun, they say with an inane grin as they're engaged in hand-to-hand combat, while the world practically burns around them.... Yeah, ok.
I have no idea what I watched.
Mar 28, 2022 7:37 AM

Jun 2021
I kind of wish the rest of the show was as good as the last 2 episodes, those were the most fun I had.

Also I know she was crazy and evil but I have a soft spot for those who leave saying gokigenyou.

Not the worst sports show of the season but won't be anything too memorable on my end either.
Mar 28, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2021
This was epic . I liked the last 2 episodes the most. The matches were great.

In the next season , I look forward to the development of Hari And Taiga . Kazuki and Ojiro has joined team .

Next season will be also great if there will be .
Armaan247Mar 28, 2022 8:35 AM
Mar 28, 2022 8:47 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly this last 2 episode made Kazuki backstory be kinda strange. Like basically they made sure that every kid from the training centre cant play anymore. But then realize after breaking Kazuki that they need more 8 players.

Was a cool anime overall, that said, was fun.
Mar 28, 2022 12:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ojiro finally stepped in after Yui's foolishness, but not before she gave everybody the finger by causing Chiyoda castle to fall and sending Neo Tokyo straight to hell. This leads to a fight to the death between Ojiro, Kazuki, Taiga, and Haru. In the end, Ojiro lost as he was buried under the rubble.

This was somewhat entertaining for an over the top sports anime. It has a good soundtrack, but there was some episodes where the audio wasn't mixed properly.

I give it a 6/10.
Mar 28, 2022 1:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a pretty fun finale, after Ojiro basically bans Yui from Chiyoda Tribe, she takes revenge by causing the floating castle to fall onto Neo Tokyo, surprised there’s just one button that does that lol, but after that it became more of a shonen with the straight up fighting as opposed to playing XB (even if they were actually playing XB lol) but it had a lot of nice animation and the fight was fun, especially with the castle falling at the same time. As for the plot, Aoyama ended up convincing Ojiro that it isn’t just about who’s the strongest and Haru helped convince him that XB is fun, and not long after it looks like Aoyama and Ojiro may have died from the rubble lol, probably not tho, and then we get to see a lot of the cast again as the OP theme plays, definitely found myself liking a lot of them, and Haru was shut down by Saori lol, and I guess Yui is just gone now.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit, it was a fun show and I found it pretty unique in concept, it definitely had issues with the plot being rushed tho, and the art and animation weren’t great most of the time, but overall I found myself liking it, nice to see that classic Danganronpa art style again and the OST definitely slapped, even if it was too loud sometimes, and the OP was good but I especially loved that ED, I’ve definitely listened to it quite a few times outside of the show. I doubt this’ll get another season as it was probably to promote the game, but I did like this one, it was a fun time.
Mar 28, 2022 2:50 PM

Jan 2010
That was a pretty good final battle between haru/taiga vs ojiro, haru looked really cool at the end, too bad saori rejected him.

6/10.
Mar 28, 2022 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
Fun and enjoyable all the way through. There wasn't really anything I loved in terms of the characters or plot but I liked the overall vibe.
Mar 28, 2022 4:59 PM
Mar 2022
So, Kodaka didn't write the plot of this anime but I wonder why he let this shit goes on, even if it was under another writer's hand. This was awful, he should've just cancelled the anime... holy shit
Mar 28, 2022 5:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wacky end i'd say. Yui gone after destroying the floating castle. Ojiro and Kazuki also gone. Those two now left happily ever after. Meanwhile, Haru with a very noticeable character development, having his cap now facing back, fine getting rejected. Because Arisugawa prefer Nekomaru xd. But don't worry, your bro, Taiga always ready to cheers him side by side.

So that's it! Enjoying the start of the show, but unfortunately each time i feel like there's something missing here. This supposed-to-be a chaotic fun feels so dull out of sudden especially with such an end. Idk. Maybe its just too chaotic until i can't really feeling anything till the last breath...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 28, 2022 7:22 PM

Jun 2021
So, the pros and cons in ending with a literal bang:

Pros: the fight scenes were actually really well animated. Haru and Taiga fought together as equals. Ojiro finally sees the light and may come home, although where he is remains to be seen, same goes for Kazuki. XB is back to its best, and the true game has only just begun. I assume this will all tie in nicely to the actual video game.

Cons: Creepy girl villain does the obvious and goes super crazy, does the ticking clock thing with the floating island, then fucks off never to be seen again. Also not only did we get two more death fakeouts, but it happened TWICE in the span of about five or so minutes. Also Haru got rejected by Saori out of nowhere. Would have been nice to see a little scene between the two.

What I will say is this, this show definitely had something unique, the development of the central characters was fun to watch, the backgrounds are stunning to look at and the fight choeography, when turned up to 11, was like I mentioned really well done. The character designs are what you'd expect for the team behind Danganronpa, and XB in general just looks like a really fun game. Also, I secretly appreciate they kept Kamiya's death permanent. It would have felt cheap if he came back later on, his death was a real motivation for everyone.

Unfortunately, that's where my positive thoughts on this series end.

I gave the anime adaptation of Danganronpa 1 a 5/10, simply because it was a rushed plot where things that would have contributed to the overall narrative were entirely skipped over. What gets Tribe Nine the score I've given it is simply due to the originality of the idea, the narrative felt like a rollercoaster at points. Sometimes you would get something good and made sense to fill in the larger scale of the story, but then you'd get plot details that either arrived too late or in most cases not at all, case in point, we're only hearing about Kazuki and Ojiro's upbringing now, when it could have been spread out and progressed over time. Not to mention entire games of XB being skipped for the sake of moving the almost episodic feel of the show along, yet one game would take either entire episodes or even two. Stretching this show out to two cours would have alliviated some of these issues, but then they'd have to find ways to keep things exciting, which they sadly couldn't do over 12 episodes, let alone 24.

Some of the minor issues I also had with the show? While the character designs were good, some characters felt like blatant ripoffs of Danganronpa characters. Some episodes often had too many characters jammed into it. I've already mentioned the awful sound mixing on multiple occasions so it doesn't bear repeating. The death fakeouts were dumb and oftentimes unrealistic.

Side note, I know I've made a lot of comparisons to Danganronpa for this show, but when the creators of such a big franchise in the otaku fandom get behind an original idea, there's a reputation to uphold.

If I had to describe Tribe Nine in one sentence, it'd be like watching a colourful, luxurious car crashed on the side of a busy freeway. It looks like a mess, but for some reason you gawk at it and can't look away. It was stupid fun, but had the potential to be so, so much more.

6 out of 10. Maybe I should go back and watch Akudama Drive now.
Mar 28, 2022 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
damnn even a huge ass train hitting these dudes couldn't stop their bromance friendship
Mar 29, 2022 1:16 AM

Nov 2017
Was wondering how they were gonna fit all the characters in the opening for the anime but they did it by only giving Chiyoda Tribe siblings a backstory, Out of the side characters wish we knew why Haneda wanted to kill Sonoda.
The story progressed pretty well from one XB game to the next and some how most of the tribes managed to have decent impact on the overall story. Wish we got more out of Minato tribe members except the two main protagonist, especially Saori.
Thought they were gonna go more into Shun's death because he setup Kazuki to join the team but in the end looks like even Kazuki and Oujirou die, which i wish didn't happen.
This was more of a Extreme Fight whenever someone hits the ball rather than a baseball game, not that that's a bad thing

Mar 29, 2022 2:38 AM

Sep 2020
I couldn't have asked for a better final XB match than what we've been presented in this last episode.
All the sequences starting with Oujirou pitching and Haru blasting his ball away were the absolute the best in the series and lifted up my overall impressions of Tribe Nine.

After the marvelous Akudama Drive and the competent Tribe Nine I'm certainly looking forward to watch the next Too Kyo Games' next co-produced TV anime.
AvveniristaMar 29, 2022 11:37 AM
Mar 29, 2022 4:41 AM

Oct 2016
Aye, I don't care bro, this finale was fucking hype. Writing is meh, but entertainment is entertainment, I enjoyed it, plus the soundtrack is so fire that they just drowned out the dialogue for the whole season lmao. 6/10
Mar 29, 2022 6:11 PM

Feb 2020
well we got the typical ending to most shows... but not what id expect usually from a 'sports' anime.

this was... uh, quite boring. i shouldn't have expected thisd be, hm, normal, bcuz it was quite offputting when they start fighting all a sudden. like it's ice hockey but the rules actually endorse fighting, lol. Wasn't also that interesting to see the supposed MC be completely developed in 2 or 3 episodes. could've given him more spice nearing the end. and wasn't good to see the story go into a save-the-world type - which woulda been fine, if only executed well

some BGM was good tho. Especially the first insert song in this last episode. but everything else... uh, i didn't like a lot.
Apr 3, 2022 12:07 AM

Nov 2013
This anime is very underrated.

Unlike the abomination that was Akudama Drive, Tribe Nine really deserves to be seen as the spiritual successor to Danganronpa.

The matches as a whole may not be as exciting as the trials in Danganronpa, but there are many other aspects in which Tribe Nine is superior, including the way how Kodaka finally succeeded in writing an ending that isn't a total disaster.

I really liked how there were no pointless deaths, the moral standard followed by the characters is fine, and the character designs are absolutely amazing, as is to be expected from Komatsuzaki.
ColtBuntlineApr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 12, 2022 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
Well, they went all in with the action this episode. Makes sense given the context of this show and they wanted to make an impact of their final game.

Pretty predictable ending though...and rushed too. Imo, it felt underwhelming but I guess they made it look impactful in some ways with all the action. Felt like a mediocre anime overall.

Stark my good man, it feels like your selling the whole anime down a river simply because it wasn't to your taste with a final episode review. If you want to review the show go post a review. This episode was fantastic.

Quite literally, it escalated from the outset, with MC finally using his bat to its true potential vs a pitch which would crush most players bats as we'd been seeing with the build up to this end.

Then challenging those feels into the pitch it was knocked out the park, and into the royalty ship. Personally I'd of like to see the ball blow through it then start falling, but that mad ass blonde lass had already took out its core and started bringing it down onto the city.

Queue a shit load of awesome battles to get to base. Squeeeeeee. Now thats how you end a season. Action, feels, story threads concluding. Probably one of the best and most original shows of last season.

Loved it!!

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 16, 2022 5:04 PM
Jul 2008
What makes Beam Bat special? Why only Kamiya, Oujiro, and Haru allowed to use it? Why the rich boy can't just purchase it somewhere? Why Oujiro stopped destroying tribes after Minato? Didn't the grandpa said he wanted all tribes to be conquered?

Haru has good eyes and observation skills but why did he mistake Aoyama as the thief? The thief was clearly big in size..

Interesing at start but becomes boring after every episode.
Apr 17, 2022 7:54 AM

Dec 2016
Finally I finished it.
This was so tiring to watch. I really wished to drop this shit when I was in episode 10 but it was just two more episodes so I decided to deal with it.

My first reason to watch this was because it was from the same creator as Akudama Drive and this shit is no way near Akudama Drive. I'm so utterly disappointed. It was way too boring and their bgm volume management is just bad. I could barely hear the characters speak. I thought it was gonna destroy my laptop's volume.

Everything else was just OK. Found their game XB quite interesting but it went downhill after Shun's death.
I actually liked those insert songs but the volume was so messed up that I couldn't enjoy.

Overall 5/10
Apr 17, 2022 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
LeonLanford said:
What makes Beam Bat special? Why only Kamiya, Oujiro, and Haru allowed to use it? Why the rich boy can't just purchase it somewhere?

The beam bat is not some mass produced thing; It's like a legendary unique sword.

Especially considering the emphasis placed on the importance of having the superior technology to win the matches, it's obvious that the level of technology that people possess in the universe of Tribe Nine is not uniform like is mostly the case in real life in the case of cellphones, for example, with it being quite common for people of different social classes to have cellphones at a level of technology just as high.

The rich boy couldn't purchase it somewhere else because it couldn't be found anywhere else. Kamiya and Oujiro had different beam bats, with each one having been produced by some genius through a means probably only known by himself, which is why only some very important people had it; Oujiro who was the successor to the throne of Neo Tokyo, and Kamiya, who was a genius player who certainly had to do something impressive in order to obtain the beam bat.
The same goes for Yutaka Gotanda's and Yui Kamiki's gears.

If you're asking about why they were supposedly the only ones capable of wielding it, it's because of the strength and skill required to be able to use it properly, pretty much like you need enough strength to be able to shoot properly with some very big guns.
Hanafuda Sakura would certainly also be able to wield it.

LeonLanford said:
Why Oujiro stopped destroying tribes after Minato? Didn't the grandpa said he wanted all tribes to be conquered?

Did he really stop doing it? Or were there just too many for him to deal with so fast, so he was still in the process of conquering all of them?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 17, 2022 5:30 PM
Jul 2008
Mummykun said:
LeonLanford said:
What makes Beam Bat special? Why only Kamiya, Oujiro, and Haru allowed to use it? Why the rich boy can't just purchase it somewhere?

The beam bat is not some mass produced thing; It's like a legendary unique sword.

Especially considering the emphasis placed on the importance of having the superior technology to win the matches, it's obvious that the level of technology that people possess in the universe of Tribe Nine is not uniform like is mostly the case in real life in the case of cellphones, for example, with it being quite common for people of different social classes to have cellphones at a level of technology just as high.

The rich boy couldn't purchase it somewhere else because it couldn't be found anywhere else. Kamiya and Oujiro had different beam bats, with each one having been produced by some genius through a means probably only known by himself, which is why only some very important people had it; Oujiro who was the successor to the throne of Neo Tokyo, and Kamiya, who was a genius player who certainly had to do something impressive in order to obtain the beam bat.
The same goes for Yutaka Gotanda's and Yui Kamiki's gears.

If you're asking about why they were supposedly the only ones capable of wielding it, it's because of the strength and skill required to be able to use it properly, pretty much like you need enough strength to be able to shoot properly with some very big guns.
Hanafuda Sakura would certainly also be able to wield it.

LeonLanford said:
Why Oujiro stopped destroying tribes after Minato? Didn't the grandpa said he wanted all tribes to be conquered?

Did he really stop doing it? Or were there just too many for him to deal with so fast, so he was still in the process of conquering all of them?

I don't know where you get all those info, is it in the novel? It's not explained in the show at all, why the viewer should care about the bat and if it's that legendary why Minato tribe left it unattended? Is it because without that bat Haru will become even more useless? What does successor to the throne and genius player have to do with the beam bat? I really don't understand this part lol, and Kamiya is not only the genius one in the show, he simply possessed tremendous strength compared to the others.

Haru certainly is weak, he couldn't even handle the bat at all but suddenly he became able to handle the bat. Taiga is more fitting to handle the bat, he has ton of muscles while Haru has none.

After Minato tribe got conquered, there's no showing of him attacking other tribes at all. Did I miss it somewhere?

I will understand those things if this a kids show, certainly doesn't reflect the 17+ rating.
May 5, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
Most of it didn't make much sense but I somewhat enjoyed this wacky mess. Although I gotta say I would've preferred if they sticked more to the extreme baseball instead of brawling.

May 16, 2022 8:15 PM

Nov 2017
Was wondering how they were gonna fit all the characters in the opening for the anime but they did it by only giving Chiyoda Tribe siblings a backstory, Out of the side characters wish we knew why Haneda wanted to kill Sonoda.
The story progressed pretty well from one XB game to the next and some how most of the tribes managed to have decent impact on the overall story. Wish we got more out of Minato tribe members except the two main protagonist, especially Saori.
Thought they were gonna go more into Shun's death because he setup Kazuki to join the team but in the end looks like even Kazuki and Oujirou die, which i wish didn't happen.
This was more of a Extreme Fight whenever someone hits the ball rather than a baseball game, not that that's a bad thing
Mar 3, 2023 11:41 AM
Sep 2020
I had big expectations for the show, sadly they weren't able to be fullfiled.
Mar 5, 3:33 AM
Nov 2020
Pretty entertaining show. Did not do anything to shake up the formula though (considering who its writers are) and I feel some plot points could have been given more time to cook, but I enjoyed this personally and wouldn't mind seeing either another season or even a game.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

16 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

20 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

15 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.