Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 10, 2022 12:47 PM
Apr 2021
That Demon scared the shit out of me. Got happy when Miranjo and King Bosse ended peacefully. I feel so bad for Miranjo when i saw she ended in Hell and saw the spirits getting eaten over amd over again that shit made me in tears
Mar 10, 2022 1:06 PM

Jul 2017
Wit Studio going ALL-OUT SAKUGA THIS EPISODE, MAN! Take my breath away for this!

Miranjo probably knew that her time of defiance as up to wreck King Bosse's family in one fell swoop by reclaiming Bosse for her own sake, that all failed spectacularly in the face of Bosse in Daida's body.

The Big Four, Bojji and Kage up against Bosse, and more than ever, they're here to prove that they can overcome the adversity together as one to take up arms against the imposter king. They certainly know who's the real Prince here, and all they've fought for from the beginning to end, but even as Despa's word puts them out of commission, their unwavering spirit tells a story about redemption even in adversaries.

So it is then, that it's Bojji vs. Bosse...and immediately the famous Attack on Titan sakuga comes in, and Wit Studio SPARES NO DETAIL UNTOUCHED, this fight is just simply masterclass and perfection, the life-restoring, no-kill swordsmanship worthy of a king.

The promises between Miranjo and Bosse, they've all but certainly defeated for good, and now Bojji has to make the fateful decision by removing her from the picture (or more appropriately her internal frame) and resolving this issue once and for all, for everyone. But it's not over yet for Miranjo, as her promise to a demon left Bosse leaving on his own, that's her karma.

The only backstory left to resolve: Miranjo's, and I truly wonder what is that promise made which sent the downward spiral into darkness, leaving her in terrifying Hell.
Mar 10, 2022 1:08 PM
May 2021
First reaction, damn. A great and emotional episode.
Mar 10, 2022 1:29 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Bojii has finally surpassed Bosse's brute force in a epic fight thanks to his swordsmanship and saved Daida from being possessed by Bosse's soul. Miranjo's soul was not able to follow Bosse to the other side because of the deal she made with the demon after breaking it the first time.
Mar 10, 2022 1:33 PM

Oct 2017
There is nothing like this, how they did it.
What was that i just watched
Mar 10, 2022 1:52 PM
Jun 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
Did the anime fuck up the portrayal of Bosse and Miranjo's relationship or is the manga genuinely bad too? Because I can't appear to give a shit about their barely show bond, which the anime decided is now what the plot is about?
the anime cutted the relationship, has 3 chapters about it before, idk why they cut an important plot
Mar 10, 2022 2:08 PM

Feb 2021
They probably saved all of the budget for the second half just for this episode, because this was vastly differently from what we had seen in the previous weeks.
Mar 10, 2022 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
HOT DAAAMN! I don't usually say that on MAL episode threads but the animation in that fight, Wit Studio never cease to amaze me.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 10, 2022 2:10 PM
Oct 2019
phantomfandom said:
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move. The choice of visual is a "miss" in this episode.

I thought it was pretty obvious that he wasn’t actually fighting Bosse shown by the change of the environment and when Boiji hits him it instantly pans back as Daida, theres no attack on titan transformation here. Plus the emphasizes heavily about how big/strong battle auras are we even see Boiji’s so I don’t know how this is confusing when its been done before(you also literally see Bosse being partially transparent in the fight literally meaning its not real)
reredundantMar 10, 2022 4:47 PM
poo poo
Mar 10, 2022 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
Gabisu said:
Jin_uzuki said:
Did the anime fuck up the portrayal of Bosse and Miranjo's relationship or is the manga genuinely bad too? Because I can't appear to give a shit about their barely show bond, which the anime decided is now what the plot is about?
the anime cutted the relationship, has 3 chapters about it before, idk why they cut an important plot

Oh no wonder I felt like something was missing then lol

Mar 10, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2021
Animation was dope this episode, lots of interesting angles most of the fisheye and ground shots. I feel happy and confused on this episode. Nevertheless looking forward to the next two episodes.
Mar 10, 2022 2:21 PM
Mar 2021
2 episodes left to end this amazing series. Bojji finally can defeat Bosse. But main event now is Bojji vs Demon. I learn how much pain Miranjo and Bosse got.

Damn it's so creepy watching a Demon eat few souls there. The demon sure doesn't want the souls to be eaten, he just wants to torture them in eternity.
Mar 10, 2022 2:26 PM
Scout
Sep 2021
As amazing as every episode, honestly it's already one of my favourite anime and it's not even finished yet
Mar 10, 2022 3:18 PM
Jun 2021
Mango_Nett said:
the one scene reminded of Levi vs Zeke

Very nice episode :)

Yes and also Levi going into the bar to with the wall running and gliding
Mar 10, 2022 3:54 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I-I've got no words. Excellent episode all around: emotionally, cinematically, artistically. Yeah, it checks all the boxes for me. Wow.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 10, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2021
The animation was great and the fight between King Bose and Boji was really good

Mar 10, 2022 4:25 PM
Oct 2021
What a sakuga. Best episode of the series already so far. Only 2 more eps. But still so many thing that need revelation. Save Miranjo, the devil boy story, save ouken, and the ranking of king itself.
Mar 10, 2022 4:32 PM

Apr 2008
Well, they answered a lot of what I was wondering about quickly, but the answers were both simpler and stupider than I thought. I can see where Miranjo was coming from, but it's weird that she always jumped to kill them all and then still seemingly had empathy. Like was kill Bosse's wife with an invading army the best way to get another kid out of him? How about steal some of his stuff and find a foster mother? Bosse not knowing about the kid would have actually been better for taking over his life. Death in general seems to be dealt out a little too readily. They definitely could have talked longer about whether she had to be shattered.
Mar 10, 2022 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
The scene with Desha and the ranking of kings' representative confirmed that there's something wicked about god's treasury.
Some answers about this matter would be appreciated, but I can't lie, I'm way more invested in the Bosse-Miranjo-demon triangle now so that stuff can wait.

Mar 10, 2022 5:25 PM

May 2016
It's so goooooood

I was suspecting this at the start but Bojji, Bosse and Ouken are literally just rock, paper and scissors. I'd say Bojji is paper, Bosse is Rock and Ouken Scissors.

I wonder why the inspector person from the king ranking organisation was looking so frustrated at Desha's refusal of the first place ranking. Innterestinggg... Couldn't have anything to do with the gods, right?

Also judging by Despa's very unsurprised and almost planned-looking reaction to the demon appearing, I wonder if the demon also has something to do with Ouken's immortality? Maybe his solution lies in trying to kill it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2022 5:40 PM

Dec 2020
animation this ep was top notch.

look im really feeling for miranjo's character, and i like how both her and bosse are shown with their regret here but bosse can fuck off with that "why do you have to be the only one bearing this suffering" as if she didnt ruin and ended innocent lives. yes she was innocent herself before and even after all those years she is still the one who's suffering but she also brought misery to those who she encountered as well. and thats in no way justified. come on now

other than that lil thing that bugged me this ep was Great. interesting twist to see that the demon is actually someone she's met before? and its the character from the op!
Mar 10, 2022 5:47 PM

Sep 2020
Zaugr said:
Also judging by Despa's very unsurprised and almost planned-looking reaction to the demon appearing, I wonder if the demon also has something to do with Ouken's immortality? Maybe his solution lies in trying to kill it?

Despa, Desha and the captain all specifically came above ground because they wanted to shatter Miranjo.
Now that we know that the demon appeared after her mirror broke we can safely assume that their real objective was to make the demon materialize in order to slay him.
Mar 10, 2022 5:52 PM
Feb 2015
phantomfandom said:
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move. The choice of visual is a "miss" in this episode.

How can someone miss the point this badly
Mar 10, 2022 6:21 PM

Jul 2016
Excellent episode. Absolutely loved how "unconventional" the direction was this time.

And as for Miranjo, I don't know if I should feel pity or satisfaction with the fact of her actions finally receiving punishment. I mean, having your soul being eaten for eternity sounds pretty awful but again, she killed Bojji's mother and tried to do the same with Hiling.
Mar 10, 2022 6:55 PM
Apr 2020
One of the best episode i have ever seen in any anime!! 200/100!!! Awesome!
Mar 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Mar 2018
wow this was an amazing episode!
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Mar 10, 2022 7:19 PM

Jun 2019
That episode was just something else. That's all I can say. Holy...
Mar 10, 2022 7:35 PM
Oct 2020
Damn, you could really see the effort that went into the production of this episode. The fight scene between Bojji and Bosse was super sick and I think the overall tone to the episode was quite fitting, especially when the big four stepped up to stand by Bojji's side. One of the best episodes in the series yet, I can't wait for the final two episodes to come out.
Mar 10, 2022 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Crazy how there are demons and gods in this show… and they are both evil!
Mar 10, 2022 8:04 PM

Jan 2021
i tear up during the scene where miranjo soul got eaten, and damn the scene where the demon is eating those souls are so creepy

this fight is so good, like it's short but got a lot of impact also those pov shots
Mar 10, 2022 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
This episode probably have one of the best looking animated scenes not just from this series, but from Wit Studio as a whole. The fight sequences with Boiji and Bosse looked hella crazy and really impressed with the camera direction, impact frames, and swear effects. To me, this even rivalled some of the most impressive animation work that Wit did for AoT when it was still in charge of that series (regardless of my more unfavorable stances on that series nowadays for good reason).

As for the story content within the episode itself, I couldn't care much at all for. Boiji's endeavors don't feel well-earned, and the way Bosse and Miranjo were written as characters felt like a roundabout waste of time. The sluggish pacing still doesn't help, either, as it seemed like they dragged out 5-6 episodes worth of content to around 9-10 episodes in length.
It's nice to see people raving about it, but unfortunately for me, I'm just unable to join in those festivities besides nodding at the staff credits.
Mar 10, 2022 8:58 PM

Apr 2020
The animation improved a lot for this episode and you can tell. A battle that I will remember for sure, my favorite episode of ousama so far
Mar 10, 2022 10:07 PM
Jun 2013
phantomfandom said:

Jesus, some people really need to be spoonfeed at this level? how can you not understand that was a visual representation of Boji actually fighting his father and how powerful he is? and in the end you actually put the blame in the studio lol
Mar 10, 2022 10:33 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:

uhhh, yeah... he's fighting his father for real. How else did his dad get tired and knocked over, front standing too hard?

I get what you mean though, because he got all big and stuff. But it's just a visual thing, nothing more. I wouldn't say it's a miss cause I haven't seen others saying they didn't understand
Mar 10, 2022 11:27 PM

Mar 2020
The animation!! Goosebumps!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 10, 2022 11:38 PM
Feb 2022
SpRayquaza11 said:
the angelification of miranjo was so unnecessary , why are they trying to justify her actions? she is fucking evil she killed and destroyed and used people for her own gain. why make her a sad lil kid who needs saving for the sake of plot. this is the only thing I don't like in an otherwise fantastic show.whatever she has done is unforgivable, regardless of how "helpless" she may be or claims to be don't fucking give er the "convenience" of a sad past.

Miranjo was not born without a heart. She was taught to be kind, compassionate, and loving to others. However, people paid her with cruelty and coldness. They caused her so much pain by killing her mother and tormenting her to death. Her experiences changed everything about her. Negative beliefs and values grew within her over time. As a result, she ended up making terrible decisions in life and hurting others to satisfy herself. Sadly, every bad things we do has its price in the end...In real life, experiences changed who we are and there are people out there like her.

Of course, what she did to Queen Sheena, Bojji, and to others are extremely bad. She definitely has to make amends and ask for forgiveness. However, that doesn't mean she doesn't need saving anymore. Any person "who chooses to truly change for the better and wants to have a second chance" should be given opportunities. It really takes a strong person to forgive and be kind...I believe she just needs someone to heal her inside and remind her who she was before she became the person we know now. I think her story and her ending (either good or bad) is and will be important too. Her story can also represent one of the author's messages for the viewers or manga readers.

Well, we may have different opinions about the "angelification of miranjo", but yes, a fantastic show overall.
LiaraMarie0712Mar 10, 2022 11:41 PM
Mar 11, 2022 12:11 AM
Feb 2022
I was really amazed with the fight scene. All hail Bojji! Meanwhile, mixed emotions at the last part.
This first season is a blast! I am already watching episode 21, yet, there is still happiness and excitement in my heart.
I really felt bad that it will end soon, but...

"Ousama Ranking" vol 13 by Sousuke Tooka will be out Spring, 2022.
This volume will start the 2nd part of manga. (@MangaMoguraRE)

Knowing that there is more to the story that we can discover or unravel (Especially about the "Ranking of Kings"), and that there can be anime continuations (which is highly possible at this point), oh my, my sadness turned into joy! For now, we just have to enjoy every part of the story...and all of our questions will surely be answered at the right moment.

Looking forward for next week!
LiaraMarie0712Mar 11, 2022 12:16 AM
Mar 11, 2022 12:53 AM

Aug 2020
They really outdid themselves with that fight scene, I thought it was really good.

And it looks like that character from the OP is finally making an appearance.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Mar 11, 2022 1:27 AM

Nov 2008
Did the story recover from the absolute disaster of Episode 20?

There was something insanely climactic about everyone being on the verge of death and then all momentum flew out of the window when Bosse arrived to heal them in a second. All of a sudden, the stakes just started to feel incredibly low, and the fact that Bosse’s motivations remained vague while he was about to engage Boji (who he had just healed) made it all the worse. The story, for me, went from a 9/10 to a 7/10 at that point.

Great animation aside, was it able to recover from the bullshit of Episode 20?
Mar 11, 2022 1:40 AM

Apr 2021
Cool fight, but the story and it's progress is still so bad. It's like Demon Slayer, great animation mediocre story, another high rated show.
Mar 11, 2022 2:38 AM

Mar 2021
Cool fight, felt like a Sekiro bossfight with all the deflects, but not very tense knowing how OP Bojji is…

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a shit about Miranjo?

Mar 11, 2022 2:48 AM
Aug 2018
If Ouken can't damage Bosse, I don't see how Bonji can when he literally has 0 strength.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Mar 11, 2022 3:22 AM
Jan 2017
I don't really like talking in superlatives, but this might just be the episode of the year for me.

Gosso cinema!
Mar 11, 2022 5:08 AM
Apr 2020
WAAAAAA. I'M SO PROUD OF BOJJI! For defeating the strongest person, his father. For being strong despite the circumstances he experienced. For everything. KING BOJJI!!!

Mar 11, 2022 6:12 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking Jesus, what an episode. That's really all I can say, I am speechless.

Despa's reaction to Bojji bodying Bosse was fucking hilarious though lmao. Really looking forward to see Miranjo's history with the Devil and what's that promise she broke.
Mar 11, 2022 7:24 AM

Jun 2016
holly fuck this is a masterpiece for sure !!!
Mar 11, 2022 7:38 AM

Apr 2021
What a great episode !
Mar 11, 2022 7:39 AM
Oct 2019
Wow.. just Wow
Kinda remind me of Levi vs Kenny scene or Levi vs Zeke on AOT.
My eyes was blessed today by the Sakuga.

I really like the Visual choice of showing Bosse true form in the fight instead of Daida.

Thank You WIT Studio!!
Mar 11, 2022 7:57 AM

Apr 2015
This. This is how you do it.

This is how you close the mouths of the people who complain about the simple art style.

Animation. Direction. Story boarding. Pacing. VA.

This is a "mic-drop" episode.
Mar 11, 2022 9:20 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
damn, the animation really hit on this one.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

229 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

223 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

118 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.