Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
About time the counterattack happened.

Nonetheless, a lot of attitude went into this episode and some of the fights looked almost personal. I swear, some characters in this show have psychological problems.

Also, looks like Taiga has a new admirer lol

Mar 7, 2022 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
"If we're down by 101, we've just gotta score 102." then calls an army.
Taiga got a yandere girl falling for him. lol
Rules are simple: we take turns pushing the detonation switch. Pushes the first button and dies. BAD LUCK!
Sonoda finally found true chaos.

But the BGM is badly mixed for episodes now. DAMN!
removed-userMar 7, 2022 6:39 AM
Mar 7, 2022 6:32 AM

Jul 2011
You dont need to hit the ball, just don't let it get to the pitcher.

I really like how Ota Tribe boss, is the a generic evil boss that say "Everything is going according to the plan", but don't realized that he is bad at planning.

Ojiro moral compass is interesting, I want to beat-up people to death, but following the rules. Which is good?
Mar 7, 2022 6:46 AM

Jun 2021
So, a lot to take in this episode..

- Taiga and Haru are both a lot stronger now! All Haru needed was confidence, and I guess all Taiga needed was enough power to create his own centre of gravity.

- Ota Tribe are a bunch of bullshit, first hack the robots, then grab a bunch of dudes to trick home plate into scoring 100 runs, then rocket ball. Also, gotta say, Ota Tribe leader has got to be the WORST Russian Roulette player ever! That scene with the bombs actually cracked me up "LET'S PLAY A FUN GAME, CHAOS REIGNS, PRESS RANDOM BUTTONS TO SEE WHICH SETS OFF THE BOMB!!! HAHAHA MADNESS, immediately sets off the bombs"

- We finally got to learn about Kazuki's motivations and about this whole facility the Royals were using to basically breed the ultimate players. Has me wondering, Tenshin referred to Ojiro as Number 74. It sounds like he was experimenting on a whole bunch of people till he found the one who would carry on his legacy. It seems Ojiro and Kazuki both grew up in the same facility, an orphanage, maybe? Then they were kidnapped? I'd like more background information on that.

- It seems Ota Tribe girl is here to stay! She came face to face with the sparkling bishi Taiga and instantly fell in wuv. I believe practicioners refer to this condition as Marin Kitagawa Syndrome. Btw, I love her pout... but then she went full yandere.. oh boy.

- Kazuki is here to stay! It appears he didn't really want to get revenge on Ojiro, just wanted him to come home. Makes you wonder what Ojiro was like before they were kidnapped by Tenshin. But, glad to see Kazuki's a fully accepted member of Minato tribe now.

- One thing I gotta mention that I haven't previously, is that I LOVE the background design. The colours are so vibrant and they really bring Future Tokyo to life. My favourite is the blue nightlight blending with the bright pink cherry blossom trees. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Danganronpa team, but this might be their best looking series yet, although I've yet to finish Akudama Drive. Maybe I should binge that when this show is finished.

- Seems Ota Tribe leader finally got taken out. Chaotic right to the end, pal. Also, HE SURVIVED THE BOMBING!

So yeah, big episode, the plot is finally moving along now with only three episodes left! Also, ninth week in a row I'm asking for them to fix the sound mixing to no avail.
Mar 7, 2022 7:36 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know why Minato Tribe is angry that Kazuki is getting revenge on Ojiro, isn's this the common goal?
Mar 7, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Man, Ojiro really handed Kazuki down as a hand-me-down of a defective, imperfect product of Tenshin to get back at them as revenge, meh predictable plot.

Good that Taiga is back, but to find consensus with Kazuki's reasoning is key, and edging a win will never be a walk in the park in this match. Enoki has the Marin Kitagawa X yandere syndrome (for crying out loud), and Sonoda just wants a world full of chaos (which he survived the bomb blast, no surprise).

Kazuki thought that if he'd joined Minato Tribe to get Ojiro back from Tenshin, it would've created a perfect plan for him. But now, the plan reversed, and the objective would've worked either way.

Apu-Hasan said:
But the BGM is badly mixed for episodes now. DAMN!
GAMEOVERLOSER said:
Also, ninth week in a row I'm asking for them to fix the sound mixing to no avail.
And it will be this way until the end.
Mar 7, 2022 2:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Ojiro was responsible for the loss of Kazuki's arm after failing to live up to the expectations in Tenshin's training facility designed to breed new XB players. Taigi decides to join the XB party with Minato tribe after running away, but the results of his training have payed off by improving his power swings. Ota tribe continues to cheat by sending additional runners so Haru and Taiga had to take out the generator that was interfering with the judge robots. Enoki is head over heels for Taiga for better or worse. Soonda survived the blast, but did he survive that knife attack from one of his own guys from the Ota tribe?

Old man Tenshin finally got what he deserved because he got very greedy. Why cheat when you can simply dominate by brute force? It seems very unnecessary and that's the reason Ojiro had to take him out. I guess that makes Ojiro the new head of the royal family.
Mar 7, 2022 4:21 PM

Jan 2010
phantomfandom said:
I don't know why Minato Tribe is angry that Kazuki is getting revenge on Ojiro, isn's this the common goal?

Mmm I think is more they resent that kazuki was using them for his desires like pawns and his "revenge", arisugawa said that they not play for that but in the end taiga made the comment that the common goal is to beat ojiro.

the bigger twist is that taiga found a girlfriend like it or not since he will die if he reject her.
Mar 7, 2022 5:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol wth with that end score, 102 - 101, only on XB. That's good to know Haru finally able to handle the beam bat, even the rocket ball couldn't do anything against that. While Taiga manage to use his wind power to bat that ball, and also received some muv from Ota girl. Really unexpected turn of event xd. But its not stopped just that, because Sonoda ended up dying by his own chaos. Lol whats goin on with this episode. Weird that he still manage to alive, only to be stabbed later on. Farewell? Hope so. And another good news from the castle above the sky. Ojiro finally beat those old man ass to bloodbath. What else chaotic shit i get next?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 7, 2022 5:39 PM

Sep 2020
I'm kinda relieved that Kazuki's backstory turned out to be straightforward and that Minato accepted him as a comrade.
Next episode should be have the guys preparing for the looming final match.
phantomfandom said:

Because he kept his agenda hidden and planned on simply using Minato as pawns for his goal instead of openly collaborating with them from the start.
Mar 7, 2022 5:39 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The chaotic XB game continues, thanks to Taiga the tribe gets their mojo back and they’re playing to win again, and after a few more tricks from Ota Tribe (featuring a 100 man army lol) Minato Tribe takes the win by getting the judge robots working again and Sonoda blowing himself up, honestly I expected that to happen but it was great lol.

Also love the development of Enoki falling for Taiga, I really liked her and I’m glad to see she might be a mainstay for the cast if it’s not just a one-off bit. Lastly I was surprised to see Tenshin offed so early after he appeared to be the final boss, looks like Ojiro wasn’t into the idea of cheating lol.
Mar 7, 2022 6:10 PM
Sep 2015
And I completely forget to tell that I want Taiga to be only mine or stay single, so get away from my man, Enoki!
Mar 8, 2022 8:54 PM
Jun 2012
Why is the music so loud an episode/2
Mar 10, 2022 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Another top show of this season. Original, episodes brings vibes and and awesome cast of characters. I'll not go into potential spoilers as I cant be assed to make spoiler tags but damn, this episode deep dived into some character motivation. Our MC's stepping up, and cliched but the evil old bad guy mayhaps misunderstanding the entire point of the game. Love it!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 10, 2022 6:23 PM

Jan 2017
That was a brief training arc for Taiga but his powerup was insane

Minato vs Ota is definitely the best matchup so far despite the focus is not really into XB, no doubt Sonoda's still alive with that ambiguous ending.

Tenshin's definitely got what he deserved at the end, imagine changing the rules on a whim smh my head
Mar 25, 2022 6:33 PM

Oct 2009
Late to the party but now I'm getting through this anime, and just.... why the hell is it so damn aimless and unhinged??? There are great character designs, some actually great characters and maybe even an interesting premise. But then barely any cohesion, and instead only a whole bunch of random asspulls, with random pointless gratuitous violence. And Miyavi did the OP for this? I just can't wrap my head around any of it at all, and while I don't wanna look for spoilers, at this point I have little hope it'll wrap up in any satisfactory manner.
yellowheartrenMar 25, 2022 6:43 PM
Apr 18, 2022 6:58 AM
Mar 2022
pls the bgm is too loudddd
May 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
Sonoda truly got what he deserved, although a bit more pain and suffering would be nice.

Respect to former whiff machine Taiga, literally bruteforced his way into hitting balls and gained a crazy chick in the process.

Jun 7, 2022 10:25 PM

Jan 2015
Decided to check out the English dub for a bit, and damn, when you switch back to Japanese you can really tell how loud the music is in the sub.

Taiga's swinging is awesomely ridiculous. I like Enoki's design combined with her gimmick and voice, hope she stays around.
Sep 10, 2022 5:00 AM
Apr 2020
Chaos, blood and plot twist for the final episodes
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM
Feb 2017
This was an interesting episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

28 by LimiterLily »»
Mar 5, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

16 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

13 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Tribe Nine Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

15 by No-Life-101 »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.