Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2022 7:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, bit of hard hearing all the talks at first. I honestly surprised they decide to spend whole episode with just diplomatic talk and such. But at least its contain something worth the blabbering. Monsters meat, and the possibility making demon into another 'recognized race'. But its sure hold the greater risk.

Not to mention Amidonia also had a nice result beyond those one-sided negotation, which kinda not so bad for Julius to take. You just need to hella pay some coins as a cost for your loss. By that topic, i really thought that Souma will tough it out and defend the kingdom positions even in front of Jeanne, or state an opinion to held a Referendum for Van residents to either stay with kingdom or back to Amidonia.

But looks like the direction of this episode is solely leading toward more greater goal later on. The demon domain, and to maintaining a good relationship with the empire, which they already talk that out lot without any rest here.

Nice episode. Jeanne revealing her true color teasing the girls there also quite amusing. Triggered Liscia and Aisha really fun to watch, lmao. Can't wait to see Jeanne sister while holding another 'talk' with Souma....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 18, 2022 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
The negotiations between the Empire and Elfrieden was much better than the previous episode (where Julius was very one dimensional), though the political tactics used were basic at best(there were also a few that didn't make sense) and for some reason the characters besides the MC are gullible such as Maria who supposed to be a diplomatic representative (she's too open, naive, and slow witted).

It was an alright episode but then they had to ruin it with the cliche harem crap near the end.

Note : I like harem, but this is just that shitty level harem where every characters for some fucking idiot reason suddenly fell in love with the MC and how easily his harem is jealous.
Hot_Green_TeaJan 18, 2022 4:48 AM
Jan 18, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
I got bored with some of the talk but all I can say is that I really like Liscia, she's a sweet girl.
Jan 18, 2022 7:18 PM
Aug 2018
Hot_Green_Tea said:
The negotiations between the Empire and Elfrieden was much better than the previous episode (where Julius was very one dimensional), though the political tactics used were basic at best(there were also a few that didn't make sense) and for some reason the characters besides the MC are gullible such as Maria who supposed to be a diplomatic representative (she's too open, naive, and slow witted).

It was an alright episode but then they had to ruin it with the cliche harem crap near the end.
Note : I like harem, but this is just that shitty level harem where every characters for some fucking idiot reason suddenly fell in love with the MC and how easily his harem is jealous.
this kind of harem is good,if u not like then ignore
Jan 18, 2022 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
Sayan_Pal said:
Hot_Green_Tea said:

I have to disagree, I'm not saying Harem is bad, I like them and I've watched many but the Harem here is in the level of Kanokari or Infinite Stratos level of trashy cliche Harem. The harem from my perspective, if done well, can actually elevate the show(such as Log Horizon). However, the Harem that is used here is just the cliche overused harem trope that most trashy harem anime used where the girls fell in love with the MC because of the shallowest reason possible and how easily they fell for him, which in turn damages fair amount of characters and the overall show.

I've been ignoring most of it(and I even like it on few occasions) but that 2nd episode transition from a serious conversation to cliche harem trope was awful IMO.
Jan 18, 2022 10:29 PM
Aug 2018
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Sayan_Pal said:

I have to disagree, I'm not saying Harem is bad, I like them and I've watched many but the Harem here is in the level of Kanokari or Infinite Stratos level of trashy cliche Harem. The harem from my perspective, if done well, can actually elevate the show(such as Log Horizon). However, the Harem that is used here is just the cliche overused harem trope that most trashy harem anime used where the girls fell in love with the MC because of the shallowest reason possible and how easily they fell for him, which in turn damages fair amount of characters and the overall show.

I've been ignoring most of it(and I even like it on few occasions) but that 2nd episode transition from a serious conversation to cliche harem trope was awful IMO.
but it is good for me
Jan 19, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2019
This whole episode would be broadcasted in a radio and I wouldn't feel the difference.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jan 20, 2022 12:35 PM
Jan 2022
I have watched season 1 and the 2 episodes of season 2 and this what I think. Haven't read the novel. The main character is stupid and a coward(facepalm). Returning Van when he doesn't have to. If the empire attack the country where the MC is, it will be seen as the enemy of humankind. Just because the empire is part of a treaty, doesn't mean they can do whatever they please and don't suffer any consequence. If the empire attacks begin a war where civilians could be involved is a bad move in this situation. After all in a war where military action is taken there is always the risk of civilians getting involved and if the MC is intelligent then I am one of the most intelligent and wise person to have ever exist. By returning Van the MC is being a push over, doormat and yes men who won't stand his ground when it matters.
Jan 20, 2022 6:51 PM
Feb 2021
yuiichi9 said:
I have watched season 1 and the 2 episodes of season 2 and this what I think. Haven't read the novel. The main character is stupid and a coward(facepalm). Returning Van when he doesn't have to. If the empire attack the country where the MC is, it will be seen as the enemy of humankind. Just because the empire is part of a treaty, doesn't mean they can do whatever they please and don't suffer any consequence. If the empire attacks begin a war where civilians could be involved is a bad move in this situation. After all in a war where military action is taken there is always the risk of civilians getting involved and if the MC is intelligent then I am one of the most intelligent and wise person to have ever exist. By returning Van the MC is being a push over, doormat and yes men who won't stand his ground when it matters.

Well why would you expect him to be competent when he's been shown to have basically zero actual high level ability and all his problems have been easy fix-its?
Jan 21, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2018
Not bad. Too bad there was no animation at all because it was a purely talking episode.
Jan 21, 2022 2:33 PM

May 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
yuiichi9 said:

Well why would you expect him to be competent when he's been shown to have basically zero actual high level ability and all his problems have been easy fix-its?

1) Because he is shown to be an almost genius throughout the series, only making small mistakes. But then again that is from the perspective of the people in the new world.

2) If this show actually advances to more than 'basic' planning, tactics and political talks then it would lose all of its casual readers that are in it for the waifus like me UwU.
Jan 21, 2022 2:47 PM
Feb 2021
Byniavo said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

1) Because he is shown to be an almost genius throughout the series, only making small mistakes. But then again that is from the perspective of the people in the new world.

2) If this show actually advances to more than 'basic' planning, tactics and political talks then it would lose all of its casual readers that are in it for the waifus like me UwU.

He's not really shown to be an almost genius. It just happens to be that everyone else is a fool, and most of the problems he has to fix have very easy solutions that anyone with a bit of education from our world could come up with.
Jan 21, 2022 3:38 PM

May 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Byniavo said:

He's not really shown to be an almost genius. It just happens to be that everyone else is a fool, and most of the problems he has to fix have very easy solutions that anyone with a bit of education from our world could come up with.

Maybe the series is trying to reflect a medieval world where over 90% of the population cannot read or write? I'm not sure how that explains the stupidity of the nobility, the inventions of battleships or the clothes that I presume are not artificially dyed.

Honestly I think this series is flawed as a concept. Trying to apply real world politics into a fantasy magic world is never going to go well unless you really understand what sort of world you are trying to create and expand upon. To that end I think it is better to treat this show as a nice harem series as everyone praises Souma for doing mental google search answers rather than a political show. So yeah I think I agree with you then.
Jan 21, 2022 6:23 PM
Feb 2021
Byniavo said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Maybe the series is trying to reflect a medieval world where over 90% of the population cannot read or write? I'm not sure how that explains the stupidity of the nobility, the inventions of battleships or the clothes that I presume are not artificially dyed.

Honestly I think this series is flawed as a concept. Trying to apply real world politics into a fantasy magic world is never going to go well unless you really understand what sort of world you are trying to create and expand upon. To that end I think it is better to treat this show as a nice harem series as everyone praises Souma for doing mental google search answers rather than a political show. So yeah I think I agree with you then.

I don't like harems, so at that point this show offers me nothing.
Jan 22, 2022 12:38 AM

May 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Byniavo said:

now that's a big F lol
Jan 22, 2022 7:53 AM
Feb 2021
Byniavo said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

now that's a big F lol

I like romances with developed characters, not a series of interchangeable flat characters with different appearances.
Jan 29, 2022 12:06 AM
Mar 2012
Some cool topics in this diplomacy, even having secret alliance & embassies, & that receiver. Tho it's questionable how will countries know Elfrieden's helping fight demons if that deal stays secret.
Monster meat & theories of gaining some properties like in Arifureta.
Seems imply discrimination may be innate for their world, but there's lots of racial issues & unknowns to tackle, & hints about high elfs (Leadale says hi).
Feb 2, 2022 12:21 PM

Nov 2014
Sometimes he has some clever ideas, but damn, it's so annoying with all the stupid isekai dwellers not knowing basic shit or missing obvious things. At times it feels like he arrived at stone age and is teaching primates how a wheel works.
Feb 3, 2022 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of talk in this episode though the whole negotiating was interesting. Especially the part about the demons got my interest.

Jeanne wanting Souma for the empire and even proposing him to marry her sister, the Empress, was funny. Amusing reactions from Liscia and Aisha.

Feb 4, 2022 6:36 PM
Nov 2020
Is it just me or Souma really asked the maid to assist Julius in s3xual matters?
Feb 10, 2022 7:20 AM

Oct 2017
Too much talking this episode, did find a few of the topics interesting thou. Also lol she wants Souma to marry her sister and become the emperor, another harem member?
Feb 16, 2022 2:00 AM

Nov 2019
Despite it being more geared to diplomatic negotiations, it is very mundane and them arguing over a city that's flourishing after its childish dictator lost for it is hilarious.

That dictator would've been better suited as a character that MC recruits for a hidden talent since he does that with all the females in his harem lol, amass a large army and conquer instead of collecting waifu.
Feb 24, 2022 11:51 PM

Apr 2011
It's a long a episode long negotiations but it didn't find it boring but entertaining like story about Jean and Aliscia being childhood friends, the demons and monsters, and Jeanne's propsoal to give Souma to the Empire to be the saint's husband.

Its interesting that the Demon Lord's name rattled Souma's head...or could be he's just tired after a whole day of negotiations.

Love the ED btw.

Mar 22, 2022 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Lord Divalroi? Dibaruroi XD
Maybe Divalroi is a game character
May 12, 2022 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
Liscia: ur not taking him away from me

ME: AraAraAra :D

omaxim0 said:
Is it just me or Souma really asked the maid to assist Julius in s3xual matters?

as i got it no, but she took it that way (ofc we both mite be wrong) :D

also that talk was last EP where the maid was called
Sugram22May 12, 2022 11:25 PM
Jun 2, 2022 6:18 AM

Jul 2015
First time we see Souma getting so worked up but I would too with this nonsensical way of race distinction. Also funny to see Liscia getting worked up on not wanting to give Souma away.

Jun 25, 2022 6:18 PM
Jan 2022
The discussion continues and I am loving it, I don't know how but this show manages to make negotiations interesting. I'm excited to see how this alliance comes together.
Sep 6, 2022 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
Loved the thoughtful dialogue and negotiations here. It was funny how they said they'll start the territory discussions, but then completely went off topic talking about the Demon Lord's history and culture, until finally at midnight they start discussing the city of Van.

Very nice worldbuilding going on.
Jan 9, 2023 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
Weeeeeeell.. I think there is some possibility of a future.. Where maybe Souma would unite all lands.. Both empire and kingdom.. And would be able to marry all the girls.. Both princess of kingdom, and empress of Empire.. Especially as polygamy is totally accepted in this society.. I mean, countries uniting was a thing in history.. It even could be done right now by them.. But also no idea, how empire elite would look at that, really.. Probably Souma would have to deal with another rebellion.. As well as possible outside coalition.. As well as demons, who are attacking already..
Liscia invited Souma to sleep in her bed this night?..
Jan 25, 2023 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
what if the past failed hero summoning didn't fail and the summoned hero landed somewhere else and cause he was alone in strange land ended up becoming the demon lord, u know discovered some power some way to immortality when it comes to aging  
May 8, 2023 8:52 PM

Nov 2022
I mean it's understandable why Souma would think that way with Demons and Beastmen and Dragonnewts. Coming from a different world altogether. It was wise of him not to record that part of the conversation.
Jun 26, 2023 4:33 AM
Dec 2022
Prince Julius must pay reparations for invading the kingdom in order to get back the capital city, Van from Souma.
Dec 4, 2023 8:01 PM

Nov 2023
So much talking this episode yawn
Jan 16, 6:31 AM
Jun 2012
Solid episode. Enjoying it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

54 by Archean-Return »»
May 2, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

157 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

67 by xxpikachu15 »»
Mar 12, 12:07 PM

» which chapter from the manga did the anime end?

sondongpyo - Apr 3, 2022

15 by Scootboi »»
Jan 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

38 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.