Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2021: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Jan 2008
I have really enjoyed participating in this event for the first time!

I was very excitedly waiting to be matched and had fun trying to find a proper gift! I think the matching was really good

I was also looking forward to seeing what someone else would recommend, unfortunately my secret santa was MIA, BUUUT I had a santa helper filling in and I think the recommendation I received hits the spot, besides being nice and well thought out

So see you next year ^^
Jan 6, 2022 11:32 AM
Feb 2010
This is my second time participating and I want to thank @mattematica for a cool recommendation. I look forward to doing this again this year
Jan 6, 2022 12:21 PM
Skill issue

Apr 2020
Well this was fun and thank you for doing this again ps with badges this year which makes me happy even more and thank you Elves for filling in for the naughty santas work you all are awesome

Forum set by Nateh

Jan 6, 2022 4:02 PM

Aug 2017
thank you to the staff members who made this possible! even though it was my first time participating, i could easily understand all of it due to the time they put into it, the explanations, and the people in discord always being open to help! so thank you so so much for making this an enjoyable time for all of us <3 i wish all of you the best 2022 (to everyone else as well ofcourse), and i hope you're all aware of the fun you brought to all the people participating !! i admire your hard work, and look forwards to participating again this year <3
Jan 6, 2022 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
Thank you all who work on this project (especially my Secret Santa himself, @PeteThePeasant )! It was an enjoyable ride on Santa's sleigh & I hope it went well for everyone! See you next time, till then... Happy New Year!☺️
Jan 7, 2022 12:25 AM
Nov 2016
The event was super fun! It gave me something different to work on and look forward to, even as the excitement of the Christmas season waned faster than usual. I'll be sure to participate again next year. (And hopefully, I'll have gotten better at writing formal recommendations that more closely follow MAL guidelines by then!) Doing this also inspired me to try my hand at future community-driven events on the site. So, thank you to everyone who made Secret Santa possible. Especially the elves. You're awesome! 😎
Rheanne_HarknessDec 2, 2022 10:28 PM
Jan 7, 2022 3:00 AM
Aug 2017
Hagstroem said:
Thanks for the event! It was a fun experience!

Thanks to @Sushimaster1999 for the recommendations! I look forward to watching them!

You're welcome! <3
Jan 7, 2022 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
I don't see my santa in tthe list, too bad I really want to thank him for his effort.

I just begin Terra e... (4 episodes watched) and I already love it. I had reals difficulties to find something who correspond me since a long time and I feel Terra e... can be one of my new favourites if it continue like this.

Again, really thank you my santa, I can't wait to see your other recommendations and I hope you pass a great year :D

(Sorry for my english...)
Jan 7, 2022 6:22 PM

Mar 2010
Thank you @Senpaika, @ggragoose & @Otaku_baka_dsk for my gifts!! Appreciate the effort and time you guys taken to make mine. Hope you all have a amazing 2022. I haven't gotten the chance to get through everything yet but really thank you for your gifts!
Jan 7, 2022 10:01 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
Arcflaque said:
I don't see my santa in tthe list, too bad I really want to thank him for his effort.

Your santa is @cheerio38010 under Elf-cchi!

Jan 7, 2022 10:18 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't get a chance to post in the Secret Santa discord, so I guess I'll post here.

Thanks again so much elves and site staff for organizing the event and all the hard work that goes into it!
This is my 6th year doing Secret Santa and it was still just as fun to do as ever!

Special shoutout to Dot4447 who DM'd me on Discord to let me know that my submission wasn't proper (I think I submitted preview text from MAL instead of the actual text I had with BBCode). My gift would have been a disaster if you hadn't messaged me (if it wasn't already).

Thanks a lot to my Image Secret Santa as well for choosing what my next Profile Picture is going to be and my Anime Secret Santa for choosing what anime I should get to next!

Forum Set Created by uwuglo during the MAL Secret Santa 2020 event.
Jan 7, 2022 10:39 PM

Jan 2021
@samimomo thank you so much for the reccomendations! I read Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku and it was super good. I haven't enjoyed a manga as good in a while.

also thank you mods for the event

Jan 7, 2022 11:38 PM

Jun 2020
Hello.. thankyou to the team for holding this lovely event! (and thankyou to my Santa GanSan as well!) Wishing you all a very happy new year. :)
Jan 8, 2022 1:04 AM

Mar 2018
Anime Gift: @_SkXt

Thank you so much for your great recommendations, I can't wait to watch Blood-C and Mahou Shoujo Site. From the looks of it, it really matches my preferences.
And My Boy...My Boy... Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san... This harem had everything a man of culture like me could want. Boobs, Girls and a cheesy-ish storyline. Thanks man for the great recs!

Image Gift: @Nemuriku

Thanks for the Image Gift, you got everything I like in them!

Manga Gift: @catt0s

My Man you gave me some Grrrreat recs, All whilst doing the secret Santa's gifts. I can't wait to sink my teeth into these manga, I'm on my way to order these badboys preferably Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni and Isekai Shihai no Skill Taker: Zero kara Hajimeru Dorei Harem (MAL #101243).

Ohh I'm gonna read the hell outta these

Jan 8, 2022 1:53 AM
Sep 2018
firefractal said:
Arcflaque said:

Your santa is @cheerio38010 under Elf-cchi!

Thanks ! He send me a private message, sorry to haven't see hum, I need some rest :'D
Jan 8, 2022 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
thank you my santa and elves that work hard ! <33 may all of you have a blessed 2022 !

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Jan 8, 2022 3:42 AM

Feb 2021
A massive thank you to the organisers and all the elves - it must have been a ton of work. This was my first time participating in such an event, looking forward to more!
Jan 8, 2022 4:27 AM

Dec 2016
Thank you for the great rec @rubixuitous!! I remember seeing this anime title but didn't try to watch since I was busy that time. I totally forgot so thanks for the rec :D

For my manga rec, thank you to @nozomemee!! I absolutely love your recs, I've read the first few chaps and they are magical <3 and YES seeing your profile, we'll get along in terms of our animanga tastes :D

Once again, thank you to all the elves who made the event possible!!! See y'all next year >u<

Jan 8, 2022 6:32 AM

Sep 2018
Great event, it was nice to participate in it. :)
Jan 8, 2022 6:46 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
First of all, a big thanks to @Kineta and all the elves for organizing this event! I know how much time and effort goes into matching users, sending messages, making backup gifts etc. and with the increase in participants it's amazing how well everything went, you all did a really great job! <3

@SheyCroix I'm glad you find the recommendations interesting :) Feel free to watch whenever you have the time for it, I also usually find it too stressful to watch the rec right after I get it. Whichever one you pick, I hope you'll enjoy it :D And I wish you a great year too! <3

@Getlon Thanks so much for the thoughtful recommendation! I couldn't watch it immediately because I didn't have normal internet for a while but I started it a couple of days ago and I can already say that the setup and the character interactions are super interesting and that it's definitely pretty unique, but in a good way that wants me to watch more of it! I haven't looked at newer anime for a while so I'm glad that this was recommended to me :) So thanks again and I wish you a great new year!
Jan 8, 2022 7:02 AM
Dec 2017
Luna said:
First of all, a big thanks to @Kineta and all the elves for organizing this event! I know how much time and effort goes into matching users, sending messages, making backup gifts etc. and with the increase in participants it's amazing how well everything went, you all did a really great job! <3

@SheyCroix I'm glad you find the recommendations interesting :) Feel free to watch whenever you have the time for it, I also usually find it too stressful to watch the rec right after I get it. Whichever one you pick, I hope you'll enjoy it :D And I wish you a great year too! <3

@Getlon Thanks so much for the thoughtful recommendation! I couldn't watch it immediately because I didn't have normal internet for a while but I started it a couple of days ago and I can already say that the setup and the character interactions are super interesting and that it's definitely pretty unique, but in a good way that wants me to watch more of it! I haven't looked at newer anime for a while so I'm glad that this was recommended to me :) So thanks again and I wish you a great new year!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's a pleasure 🥰 I hope you have a great new year too :)
Jan 8, 2022 9:58 AM
Feb 2021
Thank you @Bunnyhearts for the anime rec, I'll be sure to check them out soon!

This was a great event and I hope to do this next year as well :D
Jan 8, 2022 11:26 AM

Nov 2015
@Iceberg1234 Thank you for the anime recommends, I finished watching baka to test, it was hilarious although the fun died quickly. I'll try Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom soon too. (◎^▽^◎)

@awarii thank you for so many recommends! They all look very interesting, I'll try them asap! I'll message you again after reading them(。•̀ᴗ-)و ̑̑✧

Jan 8, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2019
lemon1melon said:
@samimomo thank you so much for the reccomendations! I read Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku and it was super good. I haven't enjoyed a manga as good in a while.

also thank you mods for the event

aaa makes me very happy to read that (´▽`ʃ♥ƪ)
Jan 8, 2022 12:35 PM
Feb 2021
the event was fun i like seeing all the recommendations
Jan 9, 2022 12:50 AM

May 2017
Stardew said:
Thank you @Senpaika, @ggragoose & @Otaku_baka_dsk for my gifts!! Appreciate the effort and time you guys taken to make mine. Hope you all have a amazing 2022. I haven't gotten the chance to get through everything yet but really thank you for your gifts!

I'm glad you liked it! If you need anything else feel free to let me know. Hope you have a great 2022!
Jan 9, 2022 6:07 AM

Jun 2020
Thanks for this event i really enjoyed my gifts.
1. @boster95
2. @Phloup
3. @VerryGee
1. Hi buddy I haven't written to you for a long time and I learned that you gave me the gift and it was a mega nice picture of course I use and I want to thank you for it I was very pleased and the idea with strings was amazing once again thank you very much.
2. Phloup thanks for not one but two manga gifts. I want to read them so don't worry I'll start reading at them soon but I have to find some good manga page first thanks a lot.
3. My my, Fate as you can see I've already started watching and I'm going to check out the others that belong to Fate and I gave a rating of 9 so your choice was almost 100% correct and I'm bowing to you man.

FOR ELVES. Elves I have to tell you I appreciate your work and I hope that next year it will be lighter and easier for you. LOVE ya have a nice year guys
SetrinelJan 9, 2022 8:03 AM
Jan 9, 2022 1:02 PM

Mar 2020
Thank you too all the elf-hime. OwO
Jan 10, 2022 2:36 AM

Aug 2018
I made all wishes. I hope everyone had a good Christmas. thank you very much again and again
@Dracarys_1995
Candies: (2023)

Candies: (2022)
Jan 10, 2022 4:59 AM

Jul 2021
@Fauxzin thanx man for the gift :) ngl that was pretty straightforward just as I wrote XD
anyways hope you had a great holiday!
Jan 10, 2022 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
As always, it's a pleasure being a part of this magnificent event. Thanks for having me on board for 6th year in row. God bless all the hardworking elves!

Soleisya said:
@Nate How the heck did you guess which two characters were my favorites? Like, I didn't even put them in the right order mloijgeopv I suspect you to be a real Santa Thank you so much for the perfect gift!!

I honestly have no idea how I guessed anything, because you had both in your favourite list. But I'm really happy you liked them. You are very welcome and happy holidays to you again ❤️✨

@Keiimin I'm really sorry if my personal circumstances got in the way of using your amazing gift. I finally put it up and I'm in love with it! Thank you so much for blessing me with this drarry heaven. I can't stop staring at it *_* hope you had a great holiday season ❤️✨
KinetaJan 16, 2022 7:46 PM
Jan 10, 2022 7:00 AM

May 2021
Nate said:

@Keiimin I'm really sorry if my personal circumstances got in the way of using your amazing gift. I finally put it up and I'm in love with it! Thank you so much for blessing me with this drarry heaven. I can't stop staring at it *_* hope you had a great holiday season ❤️✨

No, it's totally fine! Hope you're doing better now, though. I'm very glad you loved it ^^ Hope you had a great holiday and may you and your loved ones have an amazing new year <33
Jan 10, 2022 6:39 PM

Aug 2018
Thanks @Amdon and @dreamerofpluto for the recommendations!

Once I am done with my current completed series that I am watching/reading I will check out Haibane Renmei and The Climber.

As for the event, I was glad that I was able to be recommended something that was somehow not on my list.

Jan 11, 2022 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
@grave_robber

Witch Hunter Robin

I'm sorry my reply comes quite late, but I have seen so far 9 episodes of Witch Hunter Robin and I really like it a lot so far.
Robin is really a great protagonist. I like how mature and kind she is. Not in the overdone way some battle shounen etc. portray kindness, but in the more natural and empathic way. She empathizes a lot with the ones on the "hit list".

I also really like the setting and whole set up as a whole. It's a very creative use of witches in the modern era and fantasy / supernatural elements.
Also where the story is going seems to be really interesting.

Last point is: I love the art style, colors and everything. Kinda miss the art style of 2000s anime.

Monster

I have seen only 3 episodes of Monster so far, but in the manga I'm bit more far into it. I have to admit that I don't know why Johan is praised as the best villain ever (at least so far). Especially when you are used to western crime series too.
But I can tell you that I really like it so far and I also like Tenma as a protagonist a lot.

Also would love to see what other anime you might have given me (I'm just one episode in Little Witch Academia so far btw).

Again: Sorry for the quite late answer, but thanks a lot for your gifts!
Jan 11, 2022 10:08 AM

Mar 2009
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Witch Hunter Robin

I'm sorry my reply comes quite late, but I have seen so far 9 episodes of Witch Hunter Robin and I really like it a lot so far.
Robin is really a great protagonist. I like how mature and kind she is. Not in the overdone way some battle shounen etc. portray kindness, but in the more natural and empathic way. She empathizes a lot with the ones on the "hit list".

I also really like the setting and whole set up as a whole. It's a very creative use of witches in the modern era and fantasy / supernatural elements.

Last point is: I love the art style, colors and everything. Kinda miss the art style of 2000s anime.

Yes, the story is rather interesting and unique. I didn't mention this in my rec. because I didn't want to bore you (too many lines can be off-putting), but the anime shares quite a few themes with psycho pass which I think you enjoyed.
I just really like how this is not your typical witch anime story. The art is of course amazing :)

Monster

I have seen only 3 episodes of Monster so far, but in the manga I'm bit more far into it. I have to admit that I don't know why Johan is praised as the best villain ever (at least so far). Especially when you are used to western crime series too.
But I can tell you that I really like it so far and I also like Tenma as a protagonist a lot.

I would say, forget what everyone says about Johan and watch the show for what it really is: a wonderfully written and executed story about human nature. In a nutshell is about Yin and yang. How we as humans are very much capable of becoming "monsters", and how even monsters are still somewhat human (even Johan). I don't want to spoil the show for you, so I won't say more. I would encourage you to keep watching even if the pacing annoys you at some point (I do remember that it annoyed me halfway through).

Also would love to see what other anime you might have given me (I'm just one episode in Little Witch Academia so far btw).

I'll leave a comment on your profile during the weekend. I need some time to write some proper sentences instead of just keywords.

Little Witch Academia is a fun show, you can watch it when the other two get too depressing.
You're welcome and don't worry about the timing, I totally get being busy and not replying quickly. :)

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Jan 11, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
grave_robber said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Witch Hunter Robin

Yes, the story is rather interesting and unique. I didn't mention this in my rec. because I didn't want to bore you (too many lines can be off-putting), but the anime shares quite a few themes with psycho pass which I think you enjoyed.
I just really like how this is not your typical witch anime story. The art is of course amazing :)

Monster

I would say, forget what everyone says about Johan and watch the show for what it really is: a wonderfully written and executed story about human nature. In a nutshell is about Yin and yang. How we as humans are very much capable of becoming "monsters", and how even monsters are still somewhat human (even Johan). I don't want to spoil the show for you, so I won't say more. I would encourage you to keep watching even if the pacing annoys you at some point (I do remember that it annoyed me halfway through).

I'll leave a comment on your profile during the weekend. I need some time to write some proper sentences instead of just keywords.

Little Witch Academia is a fun show, you can watch it when the other two get too depressing.
You're welcome and don't worry about the timing, I totally get being busy and not replying quickly. :)

Yes, it's really interesting and I'm looking forward to watch more episodes on the weekend. I was waiting for my dvd to arrive. I liked the first couple of episodes, so I ordered it, becaus I think it could become one of my at least top 20 favorites, if it stays on that level.

You don't have to put a lot of work into it, but if you like to, I'd love it!

Yes, Little Witch Academia looks really cute so far. ^^
Jan 11, 2022 3:57 PM

Mar 2021
I'm late to this but as my first time participating in the Secret Santa, it was really fun! Interacting with random users and possibly making a new friend was definitely a nice experience.

Jan 11, 2022 7:04 PM
Aug 2020
First of all I really enjoyed the event, it was my first of this kind I'll definitely join more,

And to my secret santa, @rallis16, thank you so much, I never realised it felt that good to be complimented on my anime list and it's tags ^^

On the recommendations I feel like you had a very good read, it seems you risked a bit more with Madoka Magica, you even talked about giving it at least 3 episodes, and I did (4.5 eps), and while I was enjoying certain aspects the only thing that holded me back was that even though I agree that it's closer to seinen than to shoujo it still had the shoujo aspects that don't catch my interest as much, given that, at this moment I decided not to finish it but I can see myself coming back to it in the future, even as I write this almost 2 weeks later I'm still quite intrigued by the rest of the story.

And with Sukasuka, you were spot on, it really did have most of the aspects I like, as a recommendation I'm not sure you could of done better, and I don't know what else I can say about it either, thank you

Also, an extra detail I enjoyed in your recommendation was that you gave the "abbreviation" people use for the titles, usually I only come to find them out after or make up my own when I'm talking about them to a friend and after a few funny faces they ask if I'm talking about the "proper abbreviated name"

Thank you so much for taking the time, I really enjoyed, and a happy new year ^^

-tmigas

Jan 13, 2022 9:52 AM
Apr 2018
This was a great event, thanks to the organizers and @GupyOh for the recommendations, I already saw Houseki no Kuni and I liked it a lot.
Jan 16, 2022 11:42 PM

Dec 2017
this was my second secret santa and again it was a super super fun event. i was quite late with my gift but glad i made it on time ^^ and thank you to the elves who made this event possible. looking forward to joining it again this year.

@Nate thank you for coming in clutch with that crispy fs. i love it so much. thank you once again <3333

@Bunille since i cant reply to ur comment, i guess ill put it here :) u are very welcome, glad u like it! if i werent so lazy, i might have made u even more gifts lol

Jan 17, 2022 12:06 AM

Jun 2010
DarkNighte said:

@Nate thank you for coming in clutch with that crispy fs. i love it so much. thank you once again <3333

You are welcome, Nighte! I'm glad you like it <3
Jan 17, 2022 2:27 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
@-Absynthe-

sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. i'm glad you liked the reccs! yeah, i find the romance tag in litchi hikari club kinda funny, too, but the romance in it is done really well, doesn't really retract form the gory, yet poignant experience.

@WanderingRonin

thanks so much for the recommendations! i can't wait to read them. i started your first rec (Shigeshoushi), and i can already tell it's going to be something i like c:
sorry i haven't gotten very far in it, and haven't started the others, i've been kinda burnt out of animanga ^^; so it's just bad timing. but they do sound interesting, so it'll be great to read them once i do get around to it! :D

Jan 19, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2017
Late post but really enjoyed giving and getting recommendations this year! Lots of fun!

No problem @Memorak, it looks like you liked Shoujo Shuumatsu too, which I'm glad to know! And thanks for the recommendations @Chill_Vro, I'm going to watch them once my exams are over :D
Jan 23, 2022 1:44 PM

Sep 2021
Well damn its sad that i couldn't participate in it all had to finish all my exams but will this be organized next year as well?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

13 by Shino »»
Apr 24, 10:48 PM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.