Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 29, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2013
Not the ending we were all expecting, but I kinda find it nice, cause all the problems are solved and he can now live a happy life with best girl Cha Hae-In!
koluffyDec 29, 2021 6:35 AM
Dec 29, 2021 6:43 AM

Jan 2014
I thought he's gonna tell the envoy his reason to stay. but this ending kinda implied that he's doing that offscreen.
I do hope they continue the epilogue story though
Dec 29, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2020
Mannnn the ending was so rushed still enjoyed it anyways

Welp goodbye to a great manwha o7
Dec 29, 2021 6:50 AM
Apr 2017
It's been a long journey, guys, I hope we find another series that will keep us like this :((((((((((((((((((((
Dec 29, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 2021
Well, it was a great journey! I didn't read its novel so i don't know what happens in that ending, so if it's basically the same / it continues / happen some things that the webtoon cutted off, please give me spoilers. I really liked the ending of chapter 179, but i'd prefer an ending with a time-skip, where you'd see Sung Jin-Woo married with kids, with all of his friends happy. Back to this amazing webtoon, it was great to read. Pretty original as a story, nice character development, and great art style. That's a 10/10 in my opinion. Maybe i really should read its novel, as i love Solo Leveling. Well, see you in "Disaster Class-Hero", what the same studios of SL is publishing as their next work, currently with 21 chapters.
Dec 29, 2021 7:02 AM
Jan 2021
Natsu2222 said:
It's been a long journey, guys, I hope we find another series that will keep us like this :((((((((((((((((((((
i don't know if you would like these, but SL'studios is now working on pretty cool projects like "The Challenger", and "Disaster Class-Hero". I really reccomend you these two.
Dec 29, 2021 7:05 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Oh wow, I thought we'd at least get another 10 chapters or so before it ends. Feels really rushed, and I didnt like the last arc in general. Overall still a really enjoyable read

smoochie smoochie

Dec 29, 2021 7:06 AM

Mar 2015
i found it funny that pretty much later part of story it has nothing to do with leveling at all. 4/10, carried by art.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 29, 2021 7:10 AM
Apr 2021
The ending was rushed. But still, It was very enjoyable to read and despite all the flaws, this series was a banger. Does anyone know if anything else happens at the end of the novel that was cut in the webtoon? Or is it the same?
zabijak475Dec 29, 2021 7:14 AM
Dec 29, 2021 7:12 AM
Apr 2017
goldfishluke said:
Natsu2222 said:
i don't know if you would like these, but SL'studios is now working on pretty cool projects like "The Challenger", and "Disaster Class-Hero". I really reccomend you these two.

I have enough to read, it's not a hurry :)) and these are the ones I let more chapters gather but I appreciate
Dec 29, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2018
This was great! I hope they'll adapt some of the afterstories, like
Still, I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended.
It's always a weird feeling to see a series you've been following for a long time end, even though I already knew what was going to happen since I read the source material.
DeaneDec 29, 2021 7:19 AM
Dec 29, 2021 7:13 AM
Apr 2017
zabijak475 said:
The ending feels rushed. But still, I liked it very much and this series was a banger. Does anything else happen at the end of the novel that was cut in the webtoon?

there should be some side-stories after the end to adapt but I don't think we'll get them anymore
Dec 29, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
Wow that's the ending?? What a journey..

But not gonna lie, I feel like this ending is a bit underwhelming, like it's a great manhwa with a good story but this ending feels lacking, rushed.. I feel like they can explain more, show more like what's the difference between this time and before.. Like what about his past relationships (friends, colleagues, family, etc) and does superpowers still exist here?? Or it's just him (jinwoo) who got powers...

Also I'm kinda disappointed they didn't show his kid like I've heard from the novel readers that he got a kid..

Still a good read but this ending is really underwhelming
Dec 29, 2021 7:23 AM

Aug 2018
Wish there was more romance between Sung Jinwoo & Cha or show them marrying 😢
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Dec 29, 2021 7:24 AM

Jan 2021
Deane said:
This was great! I hope they'll adapt some of the afterstories, like
Still, I'm pretty satisfied with how it ended.
It's always a weird feeling to see a series you've been following for a long time end, even though I already knew what was going to happen since I read the source material.

Wow I hope they would also adapt that.. I really want to see that
Dec 29, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2019
Haha not a glimpse of his familly traumatized by the (suposed) kiddnapping of their innocent child.

This series was great BECAUSE the absurd great visual provided by the artists, and a OK story.

Ending: 4/10
Overall plot: 7/10
Overall hype and action: 10/10
Overall art: 50/10

Overall score: 10/10

A classic of this genre at this generation.
Dec 29, 2021 7:40 AM

Aug 2020
A rushed ending and not satisfying at all. Had a good start and peaked at the high orcs and Jeju island raid. It all went downhill after that.

6.5/10
Dec 29, 2021 7:41 AM

Oct 2017
Bruh what the fuck is this ending, so abrupt. This used to be a very hype action manwha carried by the great art but the later parts were meh af and we got such a bullshit ending on top of that. Proly one of the worst ending I've ever come across.
Dec 29, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2010
the original solo leveling had 16 chapters but in manhwa version it was only 2 :/
https://solo-leveling.fandom.com/wiki/Epilogue
Dec 29, 2021 7:45 AM

May 2019
goldfishluke said:
Natsu2222 said:

Doesn't they have relation with Omniscient Reader?

-----

Marcus5768 said:

If we think about this genre, the theme of a dense MC focused on "i wanna fight, i wanna be the best", and here, so focused that the title of the series is "SOLO" lol.... actually it was a miracle that we had his and Cha "dating" chapter. Or even they togheter in the last scene.

It is so annoying how an audience of proud incels, teenagers or young adults, who reject romance, strongly influence so many shonen or even some seinen to avoid any good but light romantic subplot.

A bit of romance, with demonstration, why not sex, why not family, can be a nice touch and background to any kind of story.
Dec 29, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2019
MegamiRem said:
Bruh what the fuck is this ending, so abrupt. This used to be a very hype action manwha carried by the great art but the later parts were meh af and we got such a bullshit ending on top of that. Proly one of the worst ending I've ever come across.

Still better than AoT, i think.

To compare to another great manga/etc that ended not far ago.

One thing is a lazy, mediocre and rushed clichè ending.

Another is the author actually having effort to slaping in your face and calling you stupid, in black, white and balloons.

There is much room below SL's ending
Dec 29, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2019
MegamiRem said:

Still better than AoT, i think.

To compare to another great manga/etc that ended not far ago.

One thing is a lazy, mediocre and rushed clichè ending.

Another is the author actually having effort to slaping in your face and calling you stupid, in black, white and balloons.

There is much room below SL's ending
Dec 29, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, I'd say everything after the "orc gate school arc" was a step down compared to what came before. Following the leveling journey was fun but there wasn't much tension throughout the journey unfortunately.. and that was before the whole word reset/new dimension thing.

Good art, enjoyable mc even tho he was massively overpowered, but the side characters not getting much development and not mattering at all in the grand scheme of things was a huge negative to the story.

6 or 7 / 10 is what I would rate this manhwa.
Dec 29, 2021 8:33 AM
Apr 2020
what an amazing journey
Dec 29, 2021 8:35 AM
Oct 2021
I feel like something is missing now that this has ended..
Solo Leveling had introduced me to the world of Manga/Manhwa and I am forever grateful for the creators of SL and the drawers that created the Manhwa. Best of luck on their future endeavours.
JSpaceSDec 29, 2021 8:44 AM
Dec 29, 2021 8:38 AM

Jul 2019
There it is, the end of the tale. I have to say, I quite liked the series from the beginning, but as it drew to the end the purpose kinda got lost and overshadowed with the end of the world bs. But whatever, this was fun to read series in a literal sense, glad I was here.

8/10.
Dec 29, 2021 8:39 AM
Apr 2018
1. Unexciting, but satisfying ending.
2. Happy for the couple! (not yet, but it'll happen).

Solo Leveling has been a great journey. This is one of my favorite manhwa.

See ya'll.
Dec 29, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2018
I understand that people dislike the ending and it's not really what we expected first but it's the best ending in SJW's perspective. Anyway, it was a great journey though. Solo Leveling never missed with the insane hype moments and the godly and phenomenal art. It's truly one of a kind manhwa but the story was a mess. I wish it continued a little longer but it ended with 179 chapters which is pretty long I'd say. I'm going to miss Beru and the rest of the boys, most of them made me laugh a lot. SJW is certainly one of the most badass maincharacters ever. Some of the sidecharacters were great but most of them were pretty bland and forgettable.

Rating for writing would be 6-7.5/10 but enjoyment wisely, it's definitely a 9/10 for me.

Thanks for the great journey (and the writer/artist).

SideCharacterKalDec 29, 2021 8:43 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 29, 2021 8:40 AM
Oct 2020
The ending felt rushed af .
Was enjoyable at the beginning
But went downhill really fast.
5/10
Dec 29, 2021 8:42 AM

May 2020
So that's it..... don't want to rant or something, but still sad to see we got something like this in the end. Had too much fun in that first half, but second half, especially the later part of the second half was a letdown, but yeah still something you can binge upon pretty much in a day or two. That's pretty much how addictive it is.
Softhenic03Dec 29, 2021 8:58 AM
Dec 29, 2021 8:47 AM
Feb 2020
was great, not the best ending, but an acceptable ending nonetheless
Dec 29, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
Ok, I'm glad he got the happy ending, but I really dislike the time reset since now every single "loss" has been made irrelevant.

First half of the story was much better than whatever happened in the second half.

I can't deny that it was super fun while binging though!
AbsoluteCinemaDec 29, 2021 9:10 AM

Dec 29, 2021 9:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure what to feel about this really. I really liked Solo Leveling for the most part but the final arc felt rushed and the ending in general is too abrupt. Feels a bit like wasted potential for what could have been. I'll still look on this favourably overall but it does leave a bit of a bad taste coming out of it unforunately
Dec 29, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2021
Ending felt so incomplete. If they just made 1 more chapter to fill up the plot holes it would have been a way better read.
Dec 29, 2021 9:17 AM
May 2021
All good things must come to end, ig here we say our goodbyes to the manhwa

the light novel still has 27 uncovered chapter (side stories)
overall this was a really good manhwa
Dec 29, 2021 9:27 AM
Jul 2019
Finally, get to trash this stupid manga. It ending earlier was a boon, it was beyond saving

Dec 29, 2021 9:32 AM
Mar 2018
koluffy said:
Not the ending we were all expecting, but I kinda find it nice, cause all the problems are solved and he can now live a happy life with best girl Cha Hae-In!
Ya I agree with you didn't expect that the author will end the series like this but well I'm happy at least he finished his work.
Dec 29, 2021 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I can't believe it's already finished, damn
Dec 29, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2021
bruh is this is the actual ending in the light novel? I thought it got axed
Dec 29, 2021 9:39 AM

Apr 2020
OK... Well, at least It ended all happily. I Gotta say I'm gonna miss SL Wednesdays. The ending reminded me of Your name! farewell guys <3
Dec 29, 2021 9:49 AM

Aug 2019
It was a marvelous ride! Truly a modern masterpiece.
I really enjoyed reading it every week.
Dec 29, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
Thank god this series is over, this wasn't a good one by any means and felt rushed too towards the end for the whole 2nd half basically with a flat ending too that doesn't feel satisfying either.
Dec 29, 2021 10:22 AM
May 2020
This might not have been my favorite series but I'll prolly still miss it cuz Solo was wt got me into manhwa. Gonna miss reading this every Thursday.
Dec 29, 2021 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
Rob7 said:
goldfishluke said:

Doesn't they have relation with Omniscient Reader?

-----

Marcus5768 said:

If we think about this genre, the theme of a dense MC focused on "i wanna fight, i wanna be the best", and here, so focused that the title of the series is "SOLO" lol.... actually it was a miracle that we had his and Cha "dating" chapter. Or even they togheter in the last scene.

It is so annoying how an audience of proud incels, teenagers or young adults, who reject romance, strongly influence so many shonen or even some seinen to avoid any good but light romantic subplot.

A bit of romance, with demonstration, why not sex, why not family, can be a nice touch and background to any kind of story.
i don't really know about Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, because after like 12 chapters i paused it and completely forgot about it. But you know what, now i want to read it
Dec 29, 2021 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
I mean tbh it indeed felt somewhat rushed and after the whole 'time travel arc' I honestly felt like dropping the manhwa. I personally think it needed a few more chapters, like some users said above maybe to further showcase and develop his relationship with Cha. So far art and enjoyment wise I would rate this a solid 10/10 but the story itself is kinda meh once you take away the art. But because of my enjoyment I'll leave it at 9. Atleast it ended before it could get worse.
Dec 29, 2021 10:51 AM
Apr 2016
The manwha started with a 10/10, but the last arc was soooo bad and boring.
I m glad this is ending now, otherwise i would have dropped it. Even the art became really bad, it was just purple explosions everywhere, so confusing and boring.

Still one of my favorite manwhas though, because the first arcs are absolutely amazing !
Dec 29, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2012
Usually not a fan of manhwas, thought long stripes are so weird and the artstyle is rarely that good as it was in SL. I remember the other one i read quite a long time ago, "the Breaker", it also had such an amazing artstyle and the story was pretty good, but got axed ...
Just to be clear the introduction and the story in general was (pretty) generic yet this manga had something that was attracting you with every chapter. And the art was so good it was so pleasant to read.
Unfortunately the last arc felt/was so rushed as well as the conclusion was so generic. The last chapter was so anticlimatic, basically didn't feel anything after so many chapters.
Wifu is the best, just simple plus for me =/

Don't know if author was forced to rush things and that's why it progressed with rulers like this. I might be mistaken, but if i remember correctly rules were not that "pure" so that they would just ambush the Dragon Monarch and just give Jin Wo the cup or just chat with him about whatever. Again if for rushed reasons then it is what it is =(

Overall was a very fun ride! Been a while since enjoyed a shounen manga/work that much and to my surprise with very generic plotline. A bit dissapointed in last 10+/20 chapters, but it was a great journey.
9/10
Dec 29, 2021 2:27 PM

Oct 2021
Healer girl doesn't win and SJW never visit her.....5/10
Dec 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Dec 2019
Man ill miss this series so much :( was amazing and was always excited for it not the greatest ending tho but whatever
Dec 29, 2021 3:18 PM

Sep 2020
that was a long journey and after all of them he let go of his everything for humankind...
i miss this series soooooo muchhhhh
father of all dungeon/outbreak leveling system webtoons
thanks for great series
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your ending view (regarding extra chaps):

Vamp_Lord - Apr 24

9 by CollinHogenberg1 »»
Today, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 200 Discussion

Zaxphred - May 31, 2023

42 by Taniamichelle001 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Eoussama - Jul 9, 2023

57 by ttedim »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Are you satisfied with this ending ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 19, 2023

11 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 191 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 29, 2023

27 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.