Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2022 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
Noopss said:
Hi, I'm filling out my AWC 2022 list and I noticed under Quest J2 (Watch a listed Episodic or Isekai themed anime) that the list they supplied for Episodic anime doesn't include the Teekyuu series, however people doing the challenge in the forum the list is for were able to put Teekyuu. Basically, I'm asking if I can fill out Teekyuu for this quest for the AWC 2022 despite it not being on the list.

Thanks!
Unfortunately no. That was from the beginning of the AWCC challenge when more stuff was allowed. It has to be listed as Episodic on either AniDB or Anime Planet to be valid.
Jan 20, 2022 1:30 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@AWC_mod

Got a fat load of banners for ya

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Jan 20, 2022 5:31 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
(Q1) Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults (18 or older) as main characters

Is Psycho-Pass valid? Of the three main characters, only two have the age > 18 displayed on their pages, the third one definitely looks > 18 but without the age in the description I don't know if it's valid.
Jan 21, 2022 1:18 AM

Jul 2014
Thrasher96 said:
(Q1) Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults (18 or older) as main characters

Is Psycho-Pass valid? Of the three main characters, only two have the age > 18 displayed on their pages, the third one definitely looks > 18 but without the age in the description I don't know if it's valid.
Yes, Psycho-Pass is valid for this item.
Jan 21, 2022 6:16 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
mozgow said:
Thrasher96 said:

Yes, Psycho-Pass is valid for this item.

Thanks!!!
Jan 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
Question regarding item N2...

Watch any anime recommended to one of your completed Favorite Anime

Does this mean that if I go to one of my Favorite anime and click on Recommendations, one of those anime are a valid one I can use or would it be the other way around (finding an anime where one of my Favorites would be a recommended anime)?
Jan 21, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
thekroissant said:
Question regarding item N2...

Watch any anime recommended to one of your completed Favorite Anime

Does this mean that if I go to one of my Favorite anime and click on Recommendations, one of those anime are a valid one I can use or would it be the other way around (finding an anime where one of my Favorites would be a recommended anime)?
It's the former - pick one of your favourite, go to the recommendation tab and then use one of the anime listed there. In most cases the other way would work too as rarely recommendations are listed for only one anime and not the other.
mozgowJan 21, 2022 9:33 AM
Jan 21, 2022 9:41 AM

Jan 2017
@dierubikdie
Thanks for the banners !!
Jan 21, 2022 1:42 PM

Jan 2019
I know that "Re-watched anime cannot be used for the challenge."
Are previously dropped anime allowed?
For example, I dropped a show at episode 8. Can I now re-watch from the beginning and use that?
Jan 21, 2022 3:10 PM

Jul 2014
wedsa5 said:
I know that "Re-watched anime cannot be used for the challenge."
Are previously dropped anime allowed?
For example, I dropped a show at episode 8. Can I now re-watch from the beginning and use that?
For the last few years we had an item that allowed the use of dropped/on-hold anime. This year we do not have it so using a dropped/on-hold anime is not allowed. Sorry :/
Jan 21, 2022 5:53 PM

Mar 2020
Does someone have a good Mystery anime for A9, I literally can't find any?

- May God Be With You -

Jan 22, 2022 8:09 AM

Aug 2015
Hello,

I don't understand where I look up an anime for Item J1. "(J1) Watch a listed Superhero or Iyashikei themed anime"

I have the Armored restriction for this quest. Do I look through the stuff people have posted when you click the link or?
Jan 22, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

I don't understand where I look up an anime for Item J1. "(J1) Watch a listed Superhero or Iyashikei themed anime"

I have the Armored restriction for this quest. Do I look through the stuff people have posted when you click the link or?

When you click on the superhero link it shows the Superhero Challenge from the AWCC. The first post states this:
Watch Superhero themed anime listed on AniDB, Anime-Planet and/or the previous listing for this challenge.
with links to AniDB, Anime-Planet and the previous listing. Any anime listed on one of those three pages will be valid for the superhero theme.

Similarly the iyashilei link shows the Iyashikei Challenge from the AWCC. And it states this in the first post:
Watch any Iyashikei themed anime.
γ€€— Lists that might help: TVTropes, anidb, anime-planet and this club.
with links to TVTropes, AniDB, Anime-Planet and MAL Iyashikei Club. Any anime listed on one of the first three pages will be valid for the iyashikei theme, plus any anime listed in the club relations in the Iyashikei club.

I hope this helps.
Jan 22, 2022 10:56 AM

Aug 2015
mozgow said:
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

When you click on the superhero link it shows the Superhero Challenge from the AWCC. The first post states this:
Watch Superhero themed anime listed on AniDB, Anime-Planet and/or the previous listing for this challenge.
with links to AniDB, Anime-Planet and the previous listing. Any anime listed on one of those three pages will be valid for the superhero theme.

Similarly the iyashilei link shows the Iyashikei Challenge from the AWCC. And it states this in the first post:
Watch any Iyashikei themed anime.
γ€€— Lists that might help: TVTropes, anidb, anime-planet and this club.
with links to TVTropes, AniDB, Anime-Planet and MAL Iyashikei Club. Any anime listed on one of the first three pages will be valid for the iyashikei theme, plus any anime listed in the club relations in the Iyashikei club.

I hope this helps.
Ah I see thanks :)
mozgowJan 22, 2022 11:01 AM
Jan 22, 2022 11:02 AM

Jul 2020
Masterbos175 said:

Lupin III is Ghibli Founders

5 Hi 6 Lo
Jan 22, 2022 11:39 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Masterbos175 said:

I don't know about good but:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4917

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
β™«β™«β™«

Jan 22, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2020
lifeiscrazy said:
Masterbos175 said:

I don't want to watch this, but I want to complete the 2022 anime challenge so it's time to struggle for the next hour. 😒

- May God Be With You -

Jan 22, 2022 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
lifeiscrazy said:
Masterbos175 said:

I just finished watching https://myanimelist.net/anime/4917/ aka Ginga Tansa 2100-nen: Border Planet ad honestly it wasn't even that bad. It was actually kinda good.

- May God Be With You -

Jan 22, 2022 1:58 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
Masterbos175 said:
lifeiscrazy said:

I just finished watching https://myanimelist.net/anime/4917/ aka Ginga Tansa 2100-nen: Border Planet ad honestly it wasn't even that bad. It was actually kinda good.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Good luck and have fun with the rest of the challenge~

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
β™«β™«β™«

Jan 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Mar 2020
lifeiscrazy said:
Masterbos175 said:

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Good luck and have fun with the rest of the challenge~

Thanks, You Too.

- May God Be With You -

Jan 24, 2022 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
I have a question.

Swift - Complete an entire quest using anime whose episodes are each 15 minutes or less in length

Does it still count if an anime only has one episode?
Jan 24, 2022 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
leejongki said:
I have a question.

Swift - Complete an entire quest using anime whose episodes are each 15 minutes or less in length

If the item does not require a minimum number of episodes then yes, it will be valid with only one episode.
Jan 24, 2022 2:25 PM

Sep 2020
(M2) Watch an anime that has a main character’s name in the main title
   — The anime title must contain part or all of the main character's name
(or nickname/alternate name) as it appears at the top of their Character page.

If I understood this correctly, Carnival Phantasm: Illya-jou should be valid for this challenge.
Can someone confirm this?
Jan 25, 2022 1:09 AM

Sep 2016
mozgow said:
leejongki said:
I have a question.

If the item does not require a minimum number of episodes then yes, it will be valid with only one episode.

Thank you~
Jan 25, 2022 3:46 AM

Feb 2014
I have a question regarding C4 (Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from): I have chosen Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to, an anime currently airing. Its studio is OLM Team Yoshioka. I have seen quite a few anime from studio OLM, but not this specific branch, which is listed separately and has its own section with just this one anime (for now).

I just want to confirm that this is valid.

Thank you in advance!
ηΎŽδΉ…MIKU β–Ήβ–Ήβ–Ή eat my mind.
\\ prod. by SUGA of BTS

Jan 25, 2022 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
hatarakitakunai said:
I have a question regarding C4 (Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from): I have chosen Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to, an anime currently airing. Its studio is OLM Team Yoshioka. I have seen quite a few anime from studio OLM, but not this specific branch, which is listed separately and has its own section with just this one anime (for now).

I just want to confirm that this is valid.

Thank you in advance!

OLM Team Yoshioka is listed as a separate studio on MAL, different from OLM, so it's valid. :)

Ykoz said:

If I understood this correctly, Carnival Phantasm: Illya-jou should be valid for this challenge.

Yup, it's valid.
Jan 25, 2022 5:56 AM

Sep 2020
Kaylee_ said:
Ykoz said:

Yup, it's valid.

Thank you.
Jan 26, 2022 8:13 AM

Aug 2012
quick question: is kage from ousama ranking valid for the Q6 (watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character) item?

the explanations for Q6 state that the chara can't have any humanoid resemblances like hands, and despite how kage looks he actually has slightly human-like hands.
I was wondering if it's enough to make him invalid for this item

ワンダーランズ×ショウタむム
Jan 27, 2022 12:08 AM
Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

Nov 2012
@AWC_mod
Hey, so, uh. I was editing my sign up post and I tried to click Preview and instead hit Delete. :') Should I submit a new sign up and list the original Initial Post Number (it was #871), or is there a way for a staff member to recover the post?

Very sorry for the trouble, I know it's a large hassle on everybody if one of these is deleted. I'm just unsure of what to do. :')

δΊ€γ‚γ—γŸη΄„ζŸεΏ˜γ‚Œγͺγ„γ‚ˆ
Jan 27, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
wkteo said:
quick question: is kage from ousama ranking valid for the Q6 (watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character) item?

the explanations for Q6 state that the chara can't have any humanoid resemblances like hands, and despite how kage looks he actually has slightly human-like hands.
I was wondering if it's enough to make him invalid for this item
Yes, it will be valid for this item.

Tsukemono-san said:
@AWC_mod
Hey, so, uh. I was editing my sign up post and I tried to click Preview and instead hit Delete. :') Should I submit a new sign up and list the original Initial Post Number (it was #871), or is there a way for a staff member to recover the post?

Very sorry for the trouble, I know it's a large hassle on everybody if one of these is deleted. I'm just unsure of what to do. :')
We can't restore your post so you must create a new one and use new initial post number.
Jan 27, 2022 1:14 PM

Jul 2020
https://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu?q=princess%20tutu&cat=anime
(J1) Watch a listed Superhero or Iyashikei themed anime
Is Princess Tutu for Superhero valid? Since it is listed in this thread?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1522220

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 27, 2022 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
I did not find Princess Tutu on the provides lists for AniDB, Anime-Planet and the previous listing, so it's invalid. Anime listed in the participant's posts are from the beginning of the AWCc challenge when more stuff was allowed.
mozgowJan 27, 2022 1:43 PM
Jan 27, 2022 1:48 PM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Scordolo said:
I did not find Princess Tutu on the provides lists for AniDB, Anime-Planet and the previous listing, so it's invalid. Anime listed in the participant's posts are from the beginning of the AWCc challenge when more stuff was allowed.

When I clicked on the link, it transported me to that thread. I think they should update the link.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 27, 2022 2:02 PM

Jul 2016
Sorry if this is an obvious answer I'm missing here, but if I put Indomitable (Every episode has to be at least 20 minutes long) on my entire challenge, do I still have to follow the B series the intended way?

I saw in the quest restrictions that Armored (Same as Indomitable but just for that quest) has an exception for B1-B5, saying that you HAVE to follow what the duration is stated as, regardless of the restriction.

It wasn't listed under Indomitable so I figured B1 and B2 (15 minutes or less) needed to be 20+. Just wanted to make sure I was following it properly.
Mister_AnimeJan 27, 2022 2:07 PM
Jan 27, 2022 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
When I clicked on the link, it transported me to that thread. I think they should update the link.
The second paragraph in the first post in the linked thread states this:

Kyou85Kirino96 said:
Sorry if this is an obvious answer I'm missing here, but if I put Indomitable (Every episode has to be at least 20 minutes long) on my entire challenge, do I still have to follow the B series the intended way?

I saw in the quest restrictions that Armored (Same as Indomitable but just for that quest) has an exception for B1-B5, saying that you HAVE to follow what the duration is stated as, regardless of the restriction.

It wasn't listed under Indomitable so I figured B1 and B2 (15 minutes or less) needed to be 20+. Just wanted to make sure I was following it properly.
Exceptions listed for quests restrictions also apply to full-challenge restrictions. So for Indomitable quests B1 and B2 must have 15 minutes or less per episode.
Jan 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Jul 2016
Exceptions listed for quests restrictions also apply to full-challenge restrictions. So for Indomitable quests B1 and B2 must have 15 minutes or less per episode.

Okay awesome. Thanks for letting me know!
Jan 28, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Scordolo said:
The second paragraph in the first post in the linked thread states this:

Kyou85Kirino96 said:

I see. Thanks and Sorry for the trouble.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Nov 2021
@AWC_mod
Made this banners.
If you find it cool go ahead and use them.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/2VmPRCD.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bklpmqH.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/b4VVNGG.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/m8fix7b.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/daKjzQS.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/d6EbyMr.gif[/img]

Hope yall enjoy it!!

AWC_Mod: arranged images and codes
DShr11mp19Jan 31, 2022 7:53 AM

Jan 28, 2022 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
For the item "(C6) Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+", if your least favorite only has one anime (thus you have already seen it and it cannot be used for the challenge) then is it valid to use the second least favorite?
Jan 29, 2022 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
TheMysticalBard said:
For the item "(C6) Watch an anime from your least favorite studio by weighted score on Anime+", if your least favorite only has one anime (thus you have already seen it and it cannot be used for the challenge) then is it valid to use the second least favorite?
Yes, you can do that. But please make a note on your sign-up form you skipped the studio and the reason why.
Jan 30, 2022 6:55 PM
Sep 2020
For, (C3) Watch an anime by a studio with 5 - 50 anime in MAL's database. Would an anime with multiple studios be valid and would one or all the studios need to meet the requirements?
Jan 30, 2022 9:32 PM
Mar 2020
Hi! i am new in this and i want to give it a try. I have a couple of questions:
- once i sign in i have to wait the post to be validated?
- should i edit the same post every time i want to update something about the challenge?

Jan 31, 2022 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
gzus21 said:
For, (C3) Watch an anime by a studio with 5 - 50 anime in MAL's database. Would an anime with multiple studios be valid and would one or all the studios need to meet the requirements?
Yes, if there are multiple studios listed, only one of them needs to be valid.

Marx__ said:
Hi! i am new in this and i want to give it a try. I have a couple of questions:
- once i sign in i have to wait the post to be validated?
- should i edit the same post every time i want to update something about the challenge?
Your sign-up form won't be check until you post the turn-in form.

You can edit your sign-up form however you want. It can be every time you watch something for the challenge or once you complete the whole challenge - it's up to you.
Jan 31, 2022 3:00 AM

Jan 2017
@DShr11mp19
Thanks for the banners !!
Feb 2, 2022 5:13 PM

Oct 2016
(J6) Watch a listed Mythology or Time Travel themed anime

Monoke doesn't show under just the Mythology tag but if you click on Japanese mythology in the Family Tree part, it does show. Can I still use this?
Feb 3, 2022 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
@MariaxLibra
It seems you've posted the wrong form (link). If you have problems signing up, please refer to Rubik's Quick-Start Guide for a step-by-step instructions.
Feb 3, 2022 7:59 PM
Mar 2020
can i change the whole item according to my legend?

also, are these colors good to read? (the missing one is red)

Feb 4, 2022 10:55 AM
Aug 2018
(C3) Watch an anime by a studio with 5 - 50 anime in MAL's database

Would it be okay to use an anime that has two studios as long as one of them fits this challenge?
Feb 4, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Marx__ said:
can i change the whole item according to my legend?

also, are these colors good to read? (the missing one is red)
Your screenshot is no longer visible.

_R_a_y_ said:
(C3) Watch an anime by a studio with 5 - 50 anime in MAL's database

Would it be okay to use an anime that has two studios as long as one of them fits this challenge?
If there are multiple studios listed, only one of them needs to be valid.
Feb 5, 2022 5:26 AM

Jul 2014
foxxykat1223 said:
(J6) Watch a listed Mythology or Time Travel themed anime

Monoke doesn't show under just the Mythology tag but if you click on Japanese mythology in the Family Tree part, it does show. Can I still use this?
Sorry for late reply.

For this year challenge only anime listed under the Mythology tag will be valid. We might change it for the next year, tho.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

512 by ohpishhposh »»
51 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

518 by ohpishhposh »»
53 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Completed Participants

AWC_mod - Jan 1

7 by AWC_mod »»
May 15, 8:37 PM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

20 by Tsunamii_ »»
May 13, 5:51 AM

Sticky: » πŸŽ„πŸŽ… Mini Challenge #1 - Winter Bingo 2023 πŸŽ…πŸŽ„ ( 1 2 )

Aeradae - Dec 1, 2023

84 by coziitsu »»
May 2, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.