Visual Novel 'Mahoutsukai no Yoru' Gets Anime Film

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2021 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

Will tag it in case people havent seen Fate

But isn't it possible that Tsukihime is just in a certain period of time when it was not possible?

Well no, originally Tsukihime's end was around FSN's beginning. The Remake takes place in the 2010s and so does Fate/ Grand Order, and Fate/Strange Fake(probably).

The problem starts from many years ago, possibly during 300 AD since that year has a very notable difference between the two worlds.

Dec 26, 2021 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

But isn't it possible that Tsukihime is just in a certain period of time when it was not possible?

Well no, originally Tsukihime's end was around FSN's beginning. The Remake takes place in the 2010s and so does Fate/ Grand Order, and Fate/Strange Fake(probably).

The problem starts from many years ago, possibly during 300 AD since that year has a very notable difference between the two worlds.

So, are you suggesting that Tsukihime have the same setting, but taking place in a slightly different world's version than Night? Like FGO and Apocrypha relate to the original visual novel?
Dec 26, 2021 2:16 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

So, are you suggesting that Tsukihime have the same setting, but taking place in a slightly different world's version than Night? Like FGO and Apocrypha relate to the original visual novel?
Same setting but there are no grail wars and vampires are a bigger deal.
It isnt a spin off of Stay Night like FGO and Apocrypha are.
Dec 26, 2021 2:17 PM
Sep 2020
Animaniaig said:
Ufotable have a pretty poor track record with Type-Moon, excluding Kara no Kyoukai, so hopefully this will be good. Though I doubt it considering how Stay Night in particular turned out.
a little bit too ungrateful dude I'll say they did a great job with stay night series compared to other studios combined.

EDIT now looking at your list it's pretty obvious why you think that.
koala12345Dec 26, 2021 2:26 PM
Dec 26, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
I can expect this anime adaptation. Fate series by ufotable was so great.
Dec 26, 2021 3:19 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Meanwhile the translation for the VN is almost done, many years later...
Dec 26, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2021
Ah yes from the original creator of the amazing fate series!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 26, 2021 4:26 PM

Apr 2018
ssjokg said:
Now, where does Mahoyo take place? Dont think about it.

I'm not familiar with Mahoyo's plot at all tbh, but wouldn't it technically be a prequel of sorts to Garden of Sinners? Y'know, since it seems that a younger Touko Aozaki will be a major character in play here.
Dec 26, 2021 5:21 PM

Feb 2019
Hope it's not as bad as Fate:UBW and Garden of Sinners
Dec 26, 2021 6:09 PM
Jan 2021
Finally a type moon project
Dec 26, 2021 7:07 PM

Jul 2015
I am pretty hyped for this movie.

Dec 26, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2018
WOOOOOOOO AOKO GETS HER TIME TO SHINE LETS GOOOOOOOOO
Dec 26, 2021 7:30 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Type Moon and Ufotable. Name a more iconic duo. Remember looking for the VN several years ago and finding nothing. Had completely forgotten about it.
Dec 26, 2021 8:08 PM
Feb 2021
Finally!!! Hope they can adapt up to chapter 5 or 6.The visuals in the VN is so good.Glad to see ufotable.Now tsukihime please ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Dec 26, 2021 9:44 PM
Nov 2019
Hmm? Why they didn't include Soujy in this trailer man, he's one of the protagonist of this series, man justice for my guy Sadge
Dec 26, 2021 11:46 PM
Jun 2021
I hope Tsukihime gets adapted one day after all it never had an anime and it's pretty well known
Dec 26, 2021 11:51 PM

Aug 2019
always hyped for any Type-Moon anime
Dec 27, 2021 12:02 AM

Jan 2020
trixteruuu_ said:
Hmm? Why they didn't include Soujy in this trailer man, he's one of the protagonist of this series, man justice for my guy Sadge

Tbh, I prefer male mcs most of the time, so I really hope he plays a big role like he’s supposed to. If not, that’s gonna suck
Dec 27, 2021 12:10 AM
Nov 2019
Ya... He is the heart of Mahoyo story and I hope ufo will not messed his character up coz all we know that Shizuki Soujuurou is a character that is very difficult to translate from the VN to anime and also we know that ufo has issues with that hehe...
Dec 27, 2021 4:43 AM

Aug 2009
Stygian_Prisoner said:
ssjokg said:
Now, where does Mahoyo take place? Dont think about it.

I'm not familiar with Mahoyo's plot at all tbh, but wouldn't it technically be a prequel of sorts to Garden of Sinners? Y'know, since it seems that a younger Touko Aozaki will be a major character in play here.

Technically it is a prequel for FSN,Tsukihime and Garden of Sinners.

Touko is a runaway and on bad terms with Aoko in all 3 stories(and even in Extra). Touko appears or is mentioned in FSN(depending on the format) and is a secondary mc in Garden, Aoko is important in Tsukihime.

Dec 27, 2021 11:11 AM

Mar 2015
When will they finally get a new character designer
Dec 27, 2021 6:05 PM
Dec 2020
Judging by how they did fate/zero before fate/Stay Night, this will probably also follow a similar format doing the prologue 2 years before the anime adaptation for tsukihime
AniPhoenixDec 27, 2021 6:09 PM
Dec 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Oct 2021
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

long story short is that they were originally a part of the same world but got retconned into different worlds due to lore inconsistencies. think of Fate zero being an alternate universe of FSN due to lore incosnsitency between the two even tho they were considered same world before nasu

now, it's split into three type of worlds (technically 2)

tsuki worlds: servants cannot be summoned and DAA (dead apostle ancestors) organization exist

fate worlds: servants can be summoned and the DAA organization doesn't exists

mixed worlds: fate extra, fate strange fake. both exist

this has to do with some lore tdibits about the human order being either strong (1) or weakened (2) or in the case of the last one, an anamoly, which is inconsequential to the question at hand.

Tsuki used to exist in the same world as fate (cuz that's when FSN was released), then it became its own world, yet both took place around in the same time period (2004) and now with the ''remake'' of tsuki out if the routine is still the same then it take place in 2021.

there you go.

as for mahoyo, it's deliberately ambigious so it can be both a prequel to KNK and Tsuki. so till part 2 of the VN comes out and clarify things (or not), you can think of it as a prequel for both
otto-rimuruDec 28, 2021 1:55 AM
Dec 28, 2021 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
otto-rimuru said:
RobertBobert said:

long story short is that they were originally a part of the same world but got retconned into different worlds due to lore inconsistencies. think of Fate zero being an alternate universe of FSN due to lore incosnsitency between the two even tho they were considered same world before nasu

tsuki worlds: servants cannot be summoned and DAA (dead apostle ancestors) organization doesn't exist

fate worlds: servants can be summoned and the DAA organization exists

this has to do with some lore tdibits about the human order being either strong (1) or weakened (2) or in the case of the last one, an anamoly, which is inconsequential to the question at hand.

Tsuki used to exist in the same world as fate (cuz that's when FSN was released), then it became its own world, yet both took place around in the same time period (2004) and now with the ''remake'' of tsuki out if the routine is still the same then it take place in 2021.

there you go.

as for mahoyo, it's deliberately ambigious so it can be both a prequel to KNK and Tsuki. so till part 2 of the VN comes out and clarify things (or not), you can think of it as a prequel for both

That is, is it actually one franchise, consisting of a bunch of versions of the same world?
Dec 28, 2021 1:56 AM

Oct 2021
RobertBobert said:
otto-rimuru said:

tsuki worlds: servants cannot be summoned and DAA (dead apostle ancestors) organization exist

fate worlds: servants can be summoned and the DAA organization doesn't exists

there you go.

That is, is it actually one franchise, consisting of a bunch of versions of the same world?

i made a big typo. correction: the DDA organization doesn't exist in the fate worlds, NOT tsuki.

but essentially yes
Dec 28, 2021 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
otto-rimuru said:
RobertBobert said:

i made a big typo. correction: the DDA organization doesn't exist in the fate worlds, NOT tsuki.

but essentially yes

But what's the point? Or is Nasu just combining works with conflicting settings in this way?
Dec 28, 2021 2:36 AM

Oct 2021
RobertBobert said:
otto-rimuru said:

but essentially yes

But what's the point? Or is Nasu just combining works with conflicting settings in this way?

same reason why nasu made fate zero an alternate universe of FSN. it's just nasu splitting worlds from each other for ''lore consistency'' sake despite them being originally a part of the same world .

regardless, they are still technically the same world/setting just divergent from each other
Dec 28, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

I assume this is whether Arcueid meets Roa or not? That makes human history has more/less power and therefore in conclusion, affects the ability to summon servants (which is possible in Fate timeline but not in Tsukihime or KnK one)?
RobertBobert said:
otto-rimuru said:

tsuki worlds: servants cannot be summoned and DAA (dead apostle ancestors) organization doesn't exist

fate worlds: servants can be summoned and the DAA organization exists

there you go.

Have you seen uh Steins;Gate? Basically just like whether Mayushii pulls a Metal Upa or not turns it into two different timelines (in which one of them has a large scale war, and the others don't). Or whether Okarin use the time machine to alter Ruka's sex, etc.

This one is affects how you can summon servants and have a holy grail war in Fate timeline, and that you can't in Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai timeline.
DesolatedDec 28, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 28, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2009
Desolated said:
ssjokg said:

I assume this is whether Arcueid meets Roa or not? That makes human history has more/less power and therefore in conclusion, affects the ability to summon servants (which is possible in Fate timeline but not in Tsukihime or KnK one)?

I am talking about Zelretch vs Crimson Moon.

One difference we know of between the two worlds is that he is turned into a DA by Crimson Moon in Tsukihime worlds while in Fate worlds he becomes immortal through other means.

The DAA existed before Roa did anything so it cant be that since the DAA as a organization/classification existed long before he did anything. Arcueid and Roa didnt even exist back in 300 AD.
RobertBobert said:
otto-rimuru said:

but essentially yes

Lore.

Think of it like Marvel's or DC's different Earth's or universes.

Why dont the Avengers exist in X series/timeline? Why is Bruce Wayne's parents alive? That kind of thing.
Dec 28, 2021 8:00 AM

Oct 2015
ssjokg said:
Desolated said:

One difference we know of between the two worlds is that he is turned into a DA by Crimson Moon in Tsukihime worlds while in Fate worlds he becomes immortal through other means.

The DAA existed before Roa did anything so it cant be that since the DAA as a organization/classification existed long before he did anything. Arcueid and Roa didnt even exist back in 300 AD.
RobertBobert said:

Lore.

Why dont the Avengers exist in X series/timeline? Why is Bruce Wayne's parents alive? That kind of thing.
Ah right. And how it makes the human history got weaker I assume is because Zelretch is the wielder of Second Magic, and by him becoming a DAA it turned the DAs, which is considered as antagonistic force for humanity stronger and humanity, losing the second magic wielder, weaker?

Also while you're at it, is it true that the wielder of the first magic was someone who's born in the day BC turns to AD? I think I've read that before somewhere.
Dec 28, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
Desolated said:
ssjokg said:

Lore.

Ah right. And how it makes the human history got weaker I assume is because Zelretch is the wielder of Second Magic, and by him becoming a DAA it turned the DAs, which is considered as antagonistic force for humanity stronger and humanity, losing the second magic wielder, weaker?

Also while you're at it, is it true that the wielder of the first magic was someone who's born in the day BC turns to AD? I think I've read that before somewhere.

We really dont know. DAA are a group but they dont really work together. We dont know what changes Zelretch's condition creates.
It could even be something completely different from that. I only mention it because Crimson Moon is involved.

The correct line is "Born the night before BC turned AD". Does that mean it is Jesus? Probably. Or since the calendar was changed way later Nasu just means this and not the actual birth of Christ.
Dec 28, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
@Desolated Well, in the Gates, the differences were mainly in the details and it was all within the framework of one work.

otto-rimuru said:
RobertBobert said:

same reason why nasu made fate zero an alternate universe of FSN. it's just nasu splitting worlds from each other for ''lore consistency'' sake despite them being originally a part of the same world .

regardless, they are still technically the same world/setting just divergent from each other

For me personally, Zero has always been a prequel to UBW, given that the prequel and adaptation of Rin's route were done in the same style.
Dec 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
if this trully get animated, then theres a hope for tsukihime remake.

and hopefully they do saber route too.
Dec 28, 2021 11:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'll always welcome more Type Moon series from Ufotable so I'm excited....All we need now though is a Tsukihime remake and I'm surprised that didn't do that next now that HF is done
Dec 28, 2021 2:00 PM
Dec 2021
do people actually unironically enjoy playing visual novels. wow
Dec 30, 2021 11:43 PM
Oct 2018
Paizuri32 said:
do people actually unironically enjoy playing visual novels. wow
and why would they not?
Miche1Dec 30, 2021 11:48 PM
Dec 30, 2021 11:47 PM
Oct 2018
AniPhoenix said:
Judging by how they did fate/zero before fate/Stay Night, this will probably also follow a similar format doing the prologue 2 years before the anime adaptation for tsukihime
uhh what? Mahoyo isn't a prologue to tsukihime.
Dec 30, 2021 11:55 PM
Dec 2020
Red916 said:
AniPhoenix said:
uhh what? Mahoyo isn't a prologue to tsukihime.
I meant soft spin-off prequel
Dec 31, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2020
jacksonmason said:
No_meaning said:
Meh Ufotable project are always kinda boring tbh with their Type-Moon loop project for the last 15 years...
naah dude I would rather have this then generic garbages we are getting every season to be honest.
Now you talking, I do agree
Jan 2, 2022 6:32 AM

Feb 2017
Knew this would happen some day. I would've loved if it was a show instead but it's possible to make a satisfying movie as well. Hopefully I actually get to read this before the movie comes out.
Jan 3, 2022 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really hyped, Mahoyo is a great story and I believe that Ufotable can do it justice!
Jun 15, 2023 8:16 PM
Nov 2019
Please don't change VA lugh beowulf for Mahoyo movie.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
9 hours ago

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM

» 'Fumetsu no Anata e' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Mar 12, 2023

20 by Klazzama »»
Yesterday, 4:38 PM

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

15 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.