Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2019
Rin's curse is progressing and she is indeed awake. So, she is still in the tree in order to slow the progress? I thought the one responsible for that was the butterfly. She talks about Towa and I wonder how connected she is with her daughters. Maybe she was always seeing everything through her dreams.

End of Moroha's side quest and I felt this episode was probably the slower of the recent ones and I actually like it. As long as well made, slow progress give more time to develop the characters. Actually, Moroha's part of the story could should had happened in first season since it gives a good development around Takechiyo as well.

As expected, nothing really significant happened to Towa and she already has her powers back. They are apparently trying to force bad emotions on her, guess next episode will explain exactly how they are planning to do that.

Sestuna's part of the story had literally nothing relevant happening, but it is fine I guess. This kind of dumb youkais always were part of the story, and it actually serves to show how Setsuna is great with preparing strategies against all kinds of enemies and how the team rely on her.

In the next episode Setsuna will finally meet (?) her mother and we will have some interaction between Kohaku and Sesshoumaru. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the first time they will show them together after Kohaku grew up? I wonder how their relationship is considering he used to follow Sesshoumaru when he was young.

Well, even if Kohaku try to talk with him, guess daddymaru will do the same he did with Rin and walk away like "yeah yeah I know".

Towa's past and her connections with the Higurashi. Always find it fun to think that Sesshoumaru's daughter was raised by Kagome's younger brother. Towa is probably the only one that has a connection with literally the entire family.
Dec 11, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2016
Moroha taking the driver seat this episode as she finishing up her mission. Trying to figure out a way to defeat the shogun who's actually ruling over Takechiyo family. The falcon that Moroha sent off last episode coming back with the technique she needs to stop the shogun attacks. It was funny seeing them both basically just uno reverse card each other multiple times sending Moroha red dragon wave back and forth.

Takechiyo did good encouraging his younger brother to carry on with the duties of their clan since that's not really his style. Takechiyo just waiting to keep with the bounty hunter lifestyle, Moroha agreeing with him and turning down the money to pay off her debt. Which is a big moment for her since she's been so obsessed with getting out of debt basically since we meet her.

Setsuna just sleeping through Hisui and Kohaku defeating all those snow demons. The plans she wrote out for them worked like a charm. That big snow demon kept getting blasted off which was funny. Towa being trapped by Zero like we saw towards the end of last episode. Having that bug attached to her that drains your emotions the more you display them. Looks like things come to a head next episode
Dec 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2017
The New Moon really curses the half-demon princesses, because they can't do anything without their demon powers.

Rin indeed is awake on the Tree of Ages, but the Silver-Scale Curse laments on her.

Pretty funny that Moroha would use Hachi as means of disguise to get into the Raccoon Dog Demon palace, and against the Full Moon Raccoon Dog spirit and Shogen Mamiana, it's so easy to fool them with reinstating the brothers Takechiyo and Kikunosune's position in the Mamidaira clan. The World Reversal that Miroku used before and now taught comes being useful now.

Setsuna still asleep with her demon powers gone, the Yokai coming in seatch of her are dumb to fall for such tricks that Setsuna has thoroughly planned out, used by Kohaku and the demon slayers. Another comical segment.

The real serious case is with Towa facing both Zero and Nanahoshi with the Eternity Bug, aiming to release all the pent-up sadness and frustrations for their evil gain. Hopefully we will learn something from this.
Dec 11, 2021 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
Rin’s curse is spreading.. we’re definitely reaching the climax of the series here and it saddens me to think it’ll be over soon. :/

The demon slayers sending that demon flying had me dying lol reminded me of team rocket.
Dec 11, 2021 12:39 PM
Nov 2019
Looks like Rin is fully awake now, as her curse is spreading. And Sesshomaru reacts to that as only he does. I'm way more convinced than before that the girl's seperate journy's shuld have been split across different episodes. There is such a clash of tones between Towa's part of the episode and the others. Also, did the demon slayers really need Setsuna's notes to do what they did here? Seems like they could have very easily done that themselves.
AnimeNerd99Dec 11, 2021 12:44 PM
Dec 11, 2021 2:45 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
I really liked the tricks that Hachi and Mohora did in that episode. It was some very clever improvisation as well when they had to after the drunken one went in before them. it was a bit corny there towards the end when Mohora gave up that one ryou and says that she actually likes bounty hunting now, along with Takechiyo. And wants to give it to all the people that got ripped off by the other Hachi. *eyeroll* I mean while that last part was definitely good and all, still, a little bit corny if you ask me.

And as with Setsuna, I got a real kick out of the instructions that she left Kohaku and his crew there. Seeing rope one, as well as rope two and what happened, I really cracked up at that. And I guess going all those years without sleeping, once you do regain the ability to sleep, you can sleep through basically everything, which will explain why Setsuna was able to sleep through all that commotion.

And am I the only one who thinks that would actually be a good thing for Towa to lose the sorrow and hatred that zero and the rest are trying to take from her? Am I missing something here? Or is it just the fact they’re trying to force it out of her and bring it up again, which is the reason why she said that she would never forgive them?

All in all, another really good episode, and with the preview it’s like wow, more backstory. This time for Towa and when she was little. Should definitely be interesting.
Dec 11, 2021 3:04 PM

May 2018
Aaand Moroha uses yet another Magic Kaito trick.
Dec 11, 2021 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was pure lighthearted fun, sure it was filler but I still liked it a lot, poor Towa tho, she was having one hell of a night.
Dec 11, 2021 3:59 PM
Apr 2021
This was one of Moroha’s best episodes, we got to see all sides of her personality and how dynamic of a character she really is. We got to see how she used the arrows like her mother Kagome, and her bravery fighting using the backlash wave like her father Inuyasha. But she also says she not like Kagome she is her own person that is totally one of a kind. She even used a technique taught by Miroku?! She is such an awesome character and definitely had the spotlight this episode.
Jan 8, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
Well the mini arcs are wrapping up, so now its Towa's turn.
Feb 23, 2022 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda awkward with Towa getting tortured while Moroha & Setsuna segments are just such good fun lol

It is weird though, just about half-way into season 2 and the main cast are still so separate from one another.
Apr 10, 2022 2:25 AM

May 2020
Towa suffering while the other two are upto comedy hijinks is quite the contrast. Still don't understand what exactly the point of taking her sorrow is ? Is Narohoshi forcing Towa to relive her worst memories ? That would be terrible.

Also Moroha showing she is best girl yet again. Loved the "Is he actually Hachiemon ?" bit they kept doing.
May 24, 2022 1:11 AM

Nov 2010
What if world reversal could be done indefinitely?
Feb 24, 2023 5:47 AM

Jan 2018
Lol. Loved the tricks Moroha used.

The snow monster was built up to be a menacing threat but in the end, he got defeated by some Home Alone-style traps set up by Setsuna. Don't underestimate Setsuna!

I feel like Moroha turning down her reward was foolish. She can bounty hunt even after she paid off her debt. Doesn't she realize that?

While Setsuna and Moroha's parts of the stories were funny, the same can't be said about Setsuna. It was weird to see her suffer while her sisters were having fun.
Apr 7, 2023 3:03 AM

Apr 2013
So Kohaku, who's been a demony slayer for many years now, needs orders from Setsuna to deal with some weak-ass demon? C'mon...
Mar 24, 8:45 PM
Jan 2012
good animation. I hate zero. Good arc of New moon.
Mar 25, 11:26 PM

Jun 2020
A genuinely funny episode that doesn't feel like filler. Isn't that nice.

Towa is so enraged that she outright says she wants to kill someone. Zero should be scared.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.