Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people get legitimately angry when some one dislikes an anime they like?

New
Dec 6, 2021 2:20 PM

Nov 2021
I've encountered a few people like that, and you might be one of them, as we don't always act in accordance with our ideals.

But what is gained from getting angry at someone else's opinion? Personally I'm rather intrigued and want to understand their taste

Also whenever someone says "bait" to a post of a differing opinion it drives me up the fucking wall.

Why would they lie about disliking or liking a show to get replies? If you think that people that dislike a show you like are just lying to get replies on a thread, you are a fucking moron.
Dec 6, 2021 2:27 PM

Nov 2019
People man. Disgusting fn creatures.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Dec 6, 2021 2:30 PM

Sep 2020
The angriness level depends on the tolerance of the person.
Dec 6, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
Because it feels very personal, like an attack of the person's character.
Dec 6, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
They are insecure about their own tastes
Dec 6, 2021 2:34 PM
Apr 2018
You have serial experiments and tatami galaxy on your favorites we can't talk
Dec 6, 2021 2:35 PM

Sep 2020
Idk, I don't understand why anyone would get angry at something like that.
They're my favorites after all. Whether they are disliked by others, that doesn't concern me.
Dec 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Mar 2021
Yea I have no idea how people get mad over anime in any capacity, everyone is entitled to have there own taste. Although to be fair getting angry over someone not having the same opinion as you is like an internet staple so someone has to do it.

Also sometimes a bait thread is a bait thread nothing more nothing less
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Dec 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Nov 2021
Sealshark122 said:
You have serial experiments and tatami galaxy on your favorites we can't talk

:'( friendship prematurely ended :'(
Dec 6, 2021 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Because people are immature. If they just gave a score and people attacking that person they are immature. But if that person is asshole it's different.
Dec 6, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2021
"BECUSE THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!"

you're right, maybe they don't. but also, everybody has different opinions. i'd suck if we all agreed on the same exact thing. every human is unique so we should respect that a LITTLE more than we do.
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Dec 6, 2021 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
sadfffg said:
epidemia78 said:
depends on how you express your dislike. If you're an obnoxious cunt about it then yeah some people are gonna get upset with you.

You are talking as if a lot of people don't get upset on MAL when someone expresses his dislike about a popular show in a normal and explanatory manner. Let's face it, a lot of MAL users are immature teens who can't handle any kind of criticism about their favorite animu.

Well yeah. Sure.

But online it's hard to tell the difference between passionate counter argument and "legitimate anger". OP is a troll so it's his intent to make people upset as possible.
Dec 6, 2021 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
Aqua_Lucas said:
I've encountered a few people like that, and you might be one of them, as we don't always act in accordance with our ideals.

But what is gained from getting angry at someone else's opinion? Personally I'm rather intrigued and want to understand their taste

Also whenever someone says "bait" to a post of a differing opinion it drives me up the fucking wall.

Why would they lie about disliking or liking a show to get replies? If you think that people that dislike a show you like are just lying to get replies on a thread, you are a fucking moron.

You just described literally every Ousama Ranking fan ever.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Dec 6, 2021 2:58 PM

Nov 2021
epidemia78 said:
sadfffg said:

You are talking as if a lot of people don't get upset on MAL when someone expresses his dislike about a popular show in a normal and explanatory manner. Let's face it, a lot of MAL users are immature teens who can't handle any kind of criticism about their favorite animu.

Well yeah. Sure.

But online it's hard to tell the difference between passionate counter argument and "legitimate anger". OP is a troll so it's his intent to make people upset as possible.

:'( too much trolling, failed troll attempt :'(
Dec 6, 2021 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
Its apparently hard for people to wrap their head around how someone could dislike something they like. I've had several people get thrown off when I told them I didn't think Gintama was funny. Its like it blew their freaking mind that someone didn't like Gintama.
Dec 6, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2021
sadfffg said:
epidemia78 said:

Well yeah. Sure.

If you are talking about the OP of this thread I don't think his intention is to make people upset but to get attention from others since he is probably a lonely teenager in real life with no or a few friends.

Hey we're all on these desolate forums for a reason, but yeah you're right
Dec 6, 2021 3:05 PM

Aug 2018
Aqua_Lucas said:
epidemia78 said:

Well yeah. Sure.

What happened to the thread you started in the Clannad section where you called Nagisa a "dumb bitch" in the OP?
Dec 6, 2021 3:05 PM

Nov 2021
epidemia78 said:
Aqua_Lucas said:

What happened to the thread you started in the Clannad section where you called Nagisa a "dumb bitch" in the OP?

I mean uh... well uh... you know uh...
Dec 6, 2021 3:13 PM

May 2020
You want everyone to appreciate the thing you like, so quite inevitable to get angry when someone doesn't concile with your opinion.
Dec 6, 2021 3:15 PM

Jul 2019
It's people who just couldn't control their emotions. I don't understand and I couldn't be careless to understand.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 6, 2021 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
because they are children who cant tolerate peoples taste, whenever you meet them ignore them

Dec 6, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
I guess it depends on a person. People who mind it and don't. Even some die hard fans do the opposite.
Dec 6, 2021 5:01 PM

Oct 2018
Idk and Idk why someone said a negative opinion, they will call it toxicity. I mean we can say our opinions, positive or not but state your justifiable reason why you like or hate a specific anime.

Maybe mostly people are easily butthurt af that they can't deal with their ass.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Dec 6, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
Aqua_Lucas said:

The last line you mentioned describes the newer anime fans who just get angry if someone creates an overrated thread about their favourite anime-recently the Komi-san and Ousama Ranking fans
MantronDec 7, 2021 4:20 AM
Dec 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Aqua_Lucas said:

Well, you kinda answered yourself there. Some people get mad at moronic criticism made about their favourite shows, the same way you get mad about moronic people who think every little piece of criticism towards their favourite shows are bait.

It's one thing to criticise something and another to be ignorant, arrogant or just a plain obnoxious cunt as epidemia78 put it. Most times (not all, of course) it's not the opinion itself that gets people mad but the person who spouted it acting like a twat.
Aqua_Lucas said:
Why would they lie about disliking or liking a show to get replies?

Heh. I see you're new here.
Keep browsing the forums on a daily basis and you'll see a lot of such ocurrences. It hasn't been as bad lately but a while ago trolling was rampant here.
Dec 7, 2021 12:31 AM

Aug 2019
not sure, maybe some people have pride in their taste in anime; which still is pretty weird in my opinion
Dec 7, 2021 3:17 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Thats how to people in mal interact each other if u hvnt similiar favorites, affinity, n principle mostly of them gonna ignore u LMAO

Dec 7, 2021 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
I don't mind someone being vocal about disliking an anime I like. But I want a convincing argument as to why, is all I'm asking.

Also I may be bitching about FMAB, BNHA, Steins;gate, JoJo and Gintama, every chance I get. However while I don't like them, I can appreciate what others may like about them.
Dec 7, 2021 4:20 AM

Feb 2020
Because these types of people are immature to be honest. I never understood the way people act like they are superior for their tastes and if your tastes don't align with theirs you are trash.
Dec 7, 2021 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
Because they have emotions and it can be upsetting to see someone dislike something you really enjoy. It doesn't make them any better or worse than you. It's just when either side takes it to extremes like directly attacking/insulting someone for liking/disliking a show that it's stupid.
Dec 7, 2021 5:29 AM

Sep 2020
If I had to summarise it in one word - insecurity. But I do understand getting annoyed when people resort to name-calling without explaining their reasons for disliking something properly.
Dec 7, 2021 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
it's BRAND LOYALTY.
it's something beaten into americans by now, with the lifestyle brand memery. look it up.
the brand is your friend, the brand loves you. the brand tells you that you're awesome so the brand can't be wrong. if the brand can do no wrong it must be god. so worship the brand so it can continue to love you.
now replace brand with anime.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 7, 2021 9:30 AM

Oct 2021
Because they think that the world revolves around them.
Dec 7, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
I think I can understand why some people may think that way. Hardcore fans of certain series might consider an attack on certain anime as an attack on their identity and character as well. They think that if you’re attacking one of their favorite anime, you’re also attacking them as a person.

As for baits, I personally never consider any score alone to be bait. I find that it’s always the person’s writing that implies whether it’s bait or not.
Dec 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Jan 2010
Aqua_Lucas said:

I am fine with people disliking my fav animes,but if they respect my taste and dont shit on my anime.Like saying your fav anime is shit,trash or you are idiot for liking this anime and the people that like this anime are brain dead.That's the kind of people that piss me off.Just respect my taste and i will respect yours.
Dec 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2020
A lot of people are waiting in hibernation to pick up debate fights (along the line of "valid reason"...anything u say wouldnt turn valid though) in mal. U can either ignore them or get angry at them.

That's the way of life of mal (or other internet community).
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 7, 2021 9:56 AM
Jul 2020
They can't accept a different opinion because they identify so much with an anime that they think someone disliking their favourite anime is an attack on them as a person.

But don't be surprised when someone gets angry if someone states their opinion in a very rude way: Everyone who like this shit anime must be braindead.... (Of course even then interacting with this person is useless)
Dec 7, 2021 10:00 AM

Mar 2019
Because if I like a thing, and you don't like a thing, that means by extension you hate me and also think that I have the worst taste of anyone in history.

It's a personal attack on me, you see.
Dec 7, 2021 2:09 PM

Sep 2014
You said they liked the anime? I thought they were worshipping it.
Dec 7, 2021 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
People take the internet too seriously. Criticising their opinion on any thing (this phenomenon exists outside anime series) is tantamount to criticising their character. You say something that doesn't chive with them and they will take it as if you are insulting their character. From my personal experience that applies to all age groups but is particularly bad for younger posters who tend to be less secure.

It is takes a degree of confidence and maturity not to lash out. But to really have a proper debate that challenges opinions requires both parties to be respectful, mature and open minded. If you don't have those three key ingredients then it can degenerate into a bar fight pretty quickly.

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

51 by luckyrune »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
17 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.