Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2021 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 4, 2021 2:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2021 4:02 AM

Mar 2019
So, still no news of what happened to Shippou. Was actually expecting to see him this episode, but it seems that he was already gone by the time of that flashback.

Glad to see Inuyasha gang back, even if just for a while. Kagome seems to have improved a lot on her powers, while Inuyasha apparently didn't want to use all of his powers not to break the entire island I guess.

Have to say, it is weird to see Miroku using some kinds of different powers to fight since he used to be a Kazaana one trick (and even that was nerfed thanks to Naraku's bugs). Even funnier that he mentions it himself.

Also, was expecting an episode totally focused on Moroha and her parents' past, but they are still switching and trying to give the three girls the same amount of screen time, which I think is fair considering the influence of the moon (or lack of it) on Sesshoumaru's daughters.

Interesting that, since Setsuna's hair is already black, they chose to just make it longer as her "human transformation". It is beautiful, but seems to be a real nuisance to have a hair that long. Good thing it is only for a night. Still not a big fan of the Setsuna/Hisui pairing, guess because I was expecting her to be paired with another youkai (not that we have any options left, though).

The direction is ways better in second season, but I have to say something I didn't liked about what happened in this episode. Towa getting teleported to Zero. Was she any other side characters, high chances that she would be dead by the end of next episode. But here they will probably use her protagonist plot armor to save her, which I can't say I really like it.

Next episode we will have some more seconds of Sessrin and the conclusion of what happens to three girls. Actually curious on how Inuyasha dealt with the magic, maybe that will be the trigger for Moroha to learn a new ability.
Dec 4, 2021 4:44 AM
Oct 2016
The first of this multi part arc focusing on the many events taking place during this new moon. Setsuna is experiencing this for the first time since the dream butterfly has been destroyed so its a new feeling for her. The powerlessness and getting so sleepy, feeling like she can't help Hisui, Kohaku and the others but still able to help them with some advice for preparations against any would-be remains looking to take advantage of the new moon effects on her. Towa journeying with Riku and Rion while she worries for her sister during this night. Being trapped by Zero while she can't use her demon energy weapons.

Moroha still trying to help Takechiyo reclaim his kingdom. Listening to the story about Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku and Sango was a treat. Its always nice seeing more of them and especially when Moroha can hear about her parents. Maybe that message bird can actually contact them like Takechiyo said. Using that hang glider for an aerial assault was genius thinking and of course Moroha got the idea from an anime. Trying to use the same technique her mother Kagome used hopefully it will go smoothly.
Dec 4, 2021 4:46 AM
Oct 2016
Hayuume said:
So, still no news of what happened to Shippou. Was actually expecting to see him this episode, but it seems that he was already gone by the time of that flashback.

At the end of final act didn't Shippo leave to do training?
Dec 4, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The Raccoon Dog Demon tribe is getting all crazy, what's up with them though?

Yet another major arc of the sequel concerning the Moon, and as expected, the half-demon princesses lose their powers. At this stage, everyone is just settling their own issues, and Zero is just taking advantage of time to be ahead by many steps with the Legend Butterfly. Clearly Moroha has seen an episode of Conan back in the real world lols, otherwise how would she be enticed by the "Phantom Thief" Kaito's use of the hang glider.

I'm always down for the backstory of the OG cast, and wedge them into Takechiyo and Hachi's situation of the Mamidaira Raccoon Dog Demon tribe clan. So no wonder that's where the beginning of the story lies with Takechiyo being brought to Jyubei by Miroku, now that without Inuyasha and Kagome, the seal would be broken one day.

Zero has got Towa good, Setsuna is out, and Moroha has to deal with the Raccoon Dog Demon tribe, all without their demon powers. How are each of them gonna fare in their own troubles?
Dec 4, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 2020
Dukino said:
Hayuume said:

At the end of final act didn't Shippo leave to do training?

He did, but it just seems strange for the events in Yashahime to not even acknowledge his existence at all. Esp. given that even minor OG cast members like Kouga and Hachi have been mentioned/appeared in the story.

Even a minor admission by characters on what Shippou's up to would go a long way (like say Kaede getting a letter from Shippou on what he's up to, etc.)
Dec 4, 2021 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
Towa looks so weird and cursed with black hair but Setsuna was super cute without her powers, with her long hair untied, acting more lady like and calmed.
Dec 4, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2018
KANLen09 said:
Clearly Moroha has seen an episode of Conan back in the real world lols, otherwise how would she be enticed by the "Phantom Thief" Kaito's use of the hang glider.

Or an episode of Magic Kaito...and Kaito is voiced by the same VA as Inuyasha (Kappei Yamaguchi)...and all those shows (Conan, Inuyasha, Kaito, Yashahime ) air and are co-produced by Y TV (Yomiuri TV).
So multiple references here but mostly Moroha watching the right TV station and kind of being inspired by her father.
Dec 4, 2021 2:07 PM

Jun 2017
Ok so Setsuna basically goes princess mode when she loses her powers, that was cute as hell. It was also great seeing the OG cast in action.
Dec 4, 2021 2:21 PM
Apr 2021
Pretty good episode, a pretty big dot was connected in that backstory with how Takechiyo ended up with the corpse dealer. This season is slowly but surely answering all of our questions and becoming more of a cohesive story.

Setsuna lookin like Rapunzel when she is a human during the new moon. Towa is in big trouble now, I hope someone saves her before something bad happens because she is completely vulnerable right now. We’ll see what happens in part 2
Dec 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
So Setsuna has lost her demon powers during a new moon for the first time now that her dreams aren't being stolen by the dream butterfly anymore. I said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm really liking her "human" look, with her hair really growing out super long. And when wearing the fancy kimono layers, she looks so incredibly pretty, like a Heian-era princess who'd fit right in within high society. I hope this isn't the last time we see this side of her...hopefully with more interactions with Hisui.

Always nice to see the old cast get some screen time again, whether in the present or in flashbacks. I'm glad they also finally explained Takechiyo's backstory on why it was Miroku who brought him to the corpse dealer...although I wasn't really all that interested in this side character, it's still a good thing that this was one loose end (of several) is now tied.

Looking forward to the resolution in the next episode--unless they decide to drag it out into another part.
Estoy_GordoDec 4, 2021 5:12 PM
Dec 4, 2021 8:06 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
So we didn’t see the backstory for the OG till the second half of the episode. That was a little bit misleading from when I saw the episode preview from last episode.

Oh well, other than that, the only thing I didn’t quite understand is how Miroku and Inuyasha were able to convince Sango and Kagome to become those dancing girls, even if it was just for a little bit and as a deceptive plot. I was a little bit shocked, to say the least. But other than that, some very good backstory here too.

And as for Miroku, I guess being married to Sango really did have a significant effect on his flirting/groping, as we saw in this episode. LOL still, I was a little amazed that he was able to show the restraint that he did when those “Image women” were surrounding him. Yeah, I guess that’s what marriage will do to you. LOL

And someone was talking about Mohora and the “phantom thief” glider seen. And referencing a certain “Kaito”. If I’m not mistaken, that was the main character from DNAngel, so the show itself that she was referencing was DNAngel. And I do remember that he did that in the show during his heists.

All and all, a pretty good episode. Can’t wait for part two next week!
Dec 4, 2021 8:47 PM
Nov 2019
Not really sure how Riku's line about Towa going down the same path of Zero makes any sense. It sounds like a reach to me. I did like the flashback of the original cast, though I do wish the actual fight was a little more interesting. It looks like Moroha will meet either Miroku or Sango, possibly both, which is interesting because it seems like they don't know about her. The series so far has gone out of its way to avoid Moroha seeing either of them and Miroku refers to her parents as being "gone" in this episode.
Dec 5, 2021 4:21 AM
Feb 2015
AnimeNerd99 said:
Not really sure how Riku's line about Towa going down the same path of Zero makes any sense. It sounds like a reach to me. I did like the flashback of the original cast, though I do wish the actual fight was a little more interesting. It looks like Moroha will meet either Miroku or Sango, possibly both, which is interesting because it seems like they don't know about her. The series so far has gone out of its way to avoid Moroha seeing either of them and Miroku refers to her parents as being "gone" in this episode.

I guess they all assume they're dead because no news of them after Sesshoumaru and Kirinmaru "attack" them.
Jan 6, 2022 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
Well nice to see the old gang again.
May 24, 2022 12:40 AM

Nov 2010
As usual, Setsuna is beautiful in kimono and that long black hair of hers is really nice!

Even though those pretty girls were just illusions, I still need such Tanuki magic in my life! hehe
Jul 2, 2022 8:44 PM

Mar 2014
Their hair getting longer when their powers go away is weird logic to me, but Setsuna really did look pretty and looked so comfy sleeping through her first New Moon.
Feb 23, 2023 9:59 PM

Jan 2018
Man, human Setsuna looks so beautiful with her long hair. Must protect.

Kagome and Sango appear but it's only in a flashback. Still, I loved seeing their little dance.

I almost forgot but Shippo went on a long training to become a greater demon. That's why he's missing from so many of these scenes.

Maybe I forgot something but I don't get why Miroku and Sango couldn't raise Moroha like they did with Setsuna. Why did Moroha need to be raised by the wolves and then become alone?
Apr 6, 2023 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Enemies always have no problem abducting someone, but they themselves always escape easily.
Nov 9, 2023 11:30 AM

Oct 2022
That scene with the old gang was perfect, it captured the essence of the old show pretty well.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 24, 6:57 PM
Jan 2012
good quality of animation. Liked history
Mar 25, 10:32 PM

Jun 2020
It would've been nice if Kagome started to dress as a priestess instead of wearing that schoolgirl uniform sooner. Instead of waiting until the ending of Inuyasha.

Looks like Zero is willing to play dirty. Unlike Kirinmaru.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.