Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2021 4:10 PM

Jan 2019
This has become such a boring show after his undead parents died. 5/10
Nov 22, 2021 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
Hayuume said:
What I like about this show, is that even though our main character is extremely strong, is not that he just got teleported to another world, got super powers out of nowhere and no one can match him.

I agree that it's better than the goddess just throwing them at him, but now that we're here how different does it really feel? We still have a really nice guy smashing through the setting with overwhelming strength just like many other isekai. The show had a neat mystique with the undead family, but now I'm struggling to keep interest.
Nov 23, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2019
Bio said:
Hayuume said:
What I like about this show, is that even though our main character is extremely strong, is not that he just got teleported to another world, got super powers out of nowhere and no one can match him.

I agree that it's better than the goddess just throwing them at him, but now that we're here how different does it really feel? We still have a really nice guy smashing through the setting with overwhelming strength just like many other isekai. The show had a neat mystique with the undead family, but now I'm struggling to keep interest.

I was talking more plot-wise. At least he has a reason to be strong. He practiced/learned for years and got the goddess bless as a final touch.

That said, I agree that doesn't change how things are right now. It is more acceptable at least. I'm still interested in the story, but would lose the interest really quick if next episodes are just him smashing things with no real challenge.
Nov 23, 2021 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Menel's inclusion in Will's demon extermination expedition does help a lot, even if they can't get along and just for the sake of completing errands.

The overall animation in this episode felt so shallow, if next weekend's recap episode isn't already indicative of obvious production issues. Will is just ploughing through situations on easy mode, and saving an undead with the Blessing of Gracefeel. Meeting up with old Marple in her ghostly self, and Menel's frustration of not being able to save his people was better illustrated in the manga. What a traumatic memory for Will to take care of Menel while old Marple can rest easy and depart in good health.

Another village lost to the demons, and the Beast Woods of Southmark villagers have no choice but to commence a funeral to honour the lost and celebrate what achievements have been done. Menel's backstory of being born in the elven forest, only to be marginalized as an outsider and doing odd adventurer jobs, in betrayal from a comrade and saving grace from Marple. To see a hunter like Menel fall from grace, I can relate to him in some ways, and Will was his saving grace to stop his erratic plans and be loyal through Gracefeel's prayer.

Will has earned his first friend Menel, and it's a man-to-man, heart-to-heart talk.
KANLen09Nov 23, 2021 8:11 AM
Nov 23, 2021 9:32 AM

Apr 2020
Am I the only one who took the "you do have a pretty face" as a "Yeah I can understand why you'd do that" type of thing?
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 23, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2012
rasterman7 said:
phantomfandom said:
This anime has quite a religious atmosphere, it's almost like it's funded by some Church.
I'm not sure about the latter but yeah, it has quite the religious tone which sometimes puts me off. For the moment at least it doesn't lean too heavy on that front.

It's about a paladin and paladins tend to be more on the religious side of things. If it was about a witch then it would be more about black magic or magic in general, if it was about a thief then hands down it would be about stealing and if it was about a knight then chivalry and all the other things about knighthood would be its subject. You get it now?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 26, 2021 12:11 PM
Jul 2017
Is this some sort of recruitment anime for a cult??
Nov 26, 2021 8:52 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, that character development between 2 of them were really good.
Nov 27, 2021 4:24 PM
May 2018
1st good episode, the beginning should be skipped
Nov 29, 2021 10:15 PM

Oct 2019
Quite a sad and emotional episode. The scene of the burned-like undead kid was heart-wrenching. That granny was Meneldor's foster mother in a sense, since he never knew his biological parents and she took him in. As for Will it appears that he made his very first friend in this world :)
Dec 8, 2021 11:10 PM

Dec 2020
WILLL WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU😭😭😭

mentel: i was born from a father nobody knew, i was different from everyone and they called me a disgrac-
wll: damn bro ur rly pretty
Dec 13, 2021 5:59 PM
Dec 2008
lizzziziz said:
WILLL WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU😭😭😭

mentel: i was born from a father nobody knew, i was different from everyone and they called me a disgrac-
wll: damn bro ur rly pretty

You missed the line just before he said that.
Something along the lines of being a back alley prostitute.
Dec 22, 2021 6:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least they killed the demons in the village but that's still sad, especially for the Elf that sees everyone he loves dying and dying because of his long life, though now seems like Will finally made his 1st friend, that's great!
Jan 6, 2022 1:42 PM
May 2010
Menel is best boi! Will finally made a real friend T_T
Jan 14, 2022 6:24 PM

Dec 2013
I like Menel a lot more after this episode. It's nice that Wil has made a friend in the outside world.
May 25, 2022 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
SuperFancy said:
Is this some sort of recruitment anime for a cult??

yea for goddess of anime :D

Sharpedon said:
Quite a sad and emotional episode. The scene of the burned-like undead kid was heart-wrenching. That granny was Meneldor's foster mother in a sense, since he never knew his biological parents and she took him in. As for Will it appears that he made his very first friend in this world :)

he should have made her a gift when she was young (if u get what i mean) (i sure would have if i were him cause dam she was hot and deserves nice gift like that), so she would have been less lonely cause he was not around all the time
Sugram22May 25, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 3, 2022 7:50 AM

Dec 2008
I couldn't keep my face straight during this episode. The theme of the ep is sombre, but whenever anyone addressed Meneldor with the diminutive of his name it killed the mood for me, the contraction of his name (Menel) in Polish means hobo.
Jul 27, 2022 5:05 AM

Jun 2021
That scene with the undead kid was rough. Poor kid.. I’m glad Will managed to free his soul and the others too. On a lighter note, happy to see Will making his first friend. Excited to see these two go on more adventures as the show progresses.
Sep 29, 2023 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
Will really is representative of a good hearted Paladin
Oct 24, 2023 6:09 AM

Dec 2018
I'm really happy to see a show that doesn't treat faith/religion as always some evil entity or a punchline for jokes. Not that there isn't room for that, it's just it's not always bad, you know? Not only is it a literary device that's overused, but it's a really ignorant and cynical look at something that is much more complicated, just as anything in life is.
One last thought: what the hell was Will saying when he said bro had a pretty face in response to him talking about having to do unspeakable acts to survive? That at the least deserved a punch to the face, and it seems totally out of character. Was the author on drugs when they wrote that? Like, textbook bad writing. Was the writer trying to show that Will is unaccustomed to being around others? We already saw that, but he still has memories of his past life so that doesn't make sense. I honestly don't get it whatsoever.
At least Menel took it in stride, but wow, way to make the most awkward joke at the most awkward time, and it wasn't even funny to begin with. There's times I come across writing that irritates me or confuses me either in anime or in literature but that one is pretty high up there.
StateofOhayoOct 24, 2023 6:23 AM
Nov 25, 2023 2:54 AM
Dec 2022
Will found a friend in Menel who has similar upbringing as Will. Now both understand each other well.
Mar 13, 1:36 AM

Dec 2022
Plenty of breakdowns and crying in this anime so far. But I guess it is an unforgiving world out there.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Illyricus - Sep 27, 2021

119 by MrMjoez1 »»
Mar 19, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

86 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

59 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 10 Discussion

Pre_Yum - Dec 18, 2021

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2021

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 13, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.