Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2010 10:24 PM

Jul 2009
Plate said:
shadowsword said:
Are the subs by chonmage the right ones?

Yes.

Yup.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 5, 2010 10:26 PM

Jan 2008
ESSWHY said:
Plate said:
shadowsword said:

Yes.

Yup.
Absolutely.

Apr 5, 2010 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
Colophon said:
ESSWHY said:
Plate said:
shadowsword said:

Yes.

Yup.
Absolutely.

Thanks people. I thought they are weird xD

Off to continue watching the first episode.
Apr 5, 2010 10:30 PM

Jul 2009
shadowsword said:
Colophon said:
ESSWHY said:
Plate said:
shadowsword said:

Yes.

Yup.
Absolutely.

Thanks people. I thought they are weird xD

Off to continue watching the first episode.

No problem. I hope you enjoy Chonmage subs in the future as well~

Apr 5, 2010 10:42 PM

Oct 2009
Lija-chan said:
francismeunier said:
Kiyokazu said:
Oh yeah, warning you, the girl's extremely annoying, one of those who cry all the time >.>
I don't mind since I like her already.
Francis~ the guy I know who'd watch ANYTHING you throw at him xD
(we're also from the same country~ yey~ France.)

That's awesome same country! Vive la France! I like variety....it's always good. This looks like good action too and I can learn from some Japanese history those guy's clan was around in Japan Shinsengum I think
Also...I like Chizuru.
Lija-chan said:
I didn't expect anything AWESOME from her so I expected her to be of less help. -shrugs-
I just like her appearance and looks even though I have Sawako. More importantly I want to see some romance development with her and maybe rage a little if she does get together with a guy I really want her to.
Lija-chan said:
But she's adorable (I'm weak against cuteness just like hers *3*) nohomo. xD
This is a reverse-harem and another from an otome-game so don't expect too much, people.
That's ok the guys are nicely done and I like the action with them. Yes she is adorable.
Lija-chan said:
Only fangirls and fujoishi's would prolly enjoy this.
I'm one of those fangirls. (not into yaoi)
-puts yaoi away-

Yeah I can't wait to see the girls of MAL react to this.....it will be fun.
Lija-chan said:
Subs ARE taking forever. >_>
Can't wait for the next episode already! >3<

Yeah I want to see it with subs too but I will see it soon since it's out now.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 5, 2010 10:47 PM

Feb 2009
For those who doesn't want chonmage XD...

Aoi-Anime released the 1st episode
Here: http://www.aoi-anime.info/?p=41

For those who will download, opinions on subs after you watch please :D
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Apr 5, 2010 11:19 PM

May 2007
I feel kinda embarrassed to ask... But can someone explain me why the heck did Sano punch Heisuke? ^_^;;
I was like, totally confused about that part.

I think, I'll give this show one or two more episodes to prove it's not a simple Kaze hikaru ripoff turned into harem-stuff - after that, I'll just enjoy the awesome designs and have good laughs at these Shinsengumi-wannabe guys who simply let a girl join them, without any real debate :P
FyndraApr 5, 2010 11:59 PM
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Apr 5, 2010 11:19 PM

Oct 2008
I just watched good anime subs. They're the right ones I believe.
Apr 5, 2010 11:40 PM
Apr 2010
Spoiler alert;

Sano punches Heisuke because he was explaining to Chizuru how there are two Shinsengumis. Each one with their names spelled a bit differently in Japanese. Although the spelling makes no difference in the translation. (The real Shinsengumi actually spelled their name using both kanji depending on the importance of the matter or event they were referring to themselves in.)

Anyway, there's two shinsengumis, one is the group of guys we met in this episode, the other are probably a group of boys who have undergone some kind of medical experiment using drugs/medicine. This is the secret of the shinsengumi which they are trying to keep hidden. Heisuke was running his mouth, pretty much.
Apr 6, 2010 2:14 AM

Jan 2009
Uh.
Can't say this seems awesome or anything.
But I guess it's got potential at least?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 6, 2010 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm why Hijikata didn't ate with mayonnaise? right wrong anime..

Let's try another episode to see if i like this mayonnaise or not
Apr 6, 2010 3:31 AM

Apr 2009
just for FAL.
Apr 6, 2010 3:35 AM

Feb 2010
I didn't watch the whole thing for 1 reason, I didn't liked it as much because I didn't see what the plot was even about and it was a bit boring =/ but I'll give Hakuouki a chance though.
Apr 6, 2010 4:59 AM

May 2008
Bishounen Paradise... well, I'm not really attached to this kind of stuff, but the artwork is my weak point so I probably keep watching... Also the characters seems likeable despite the story is lame. Ok, no more complain :D
Apr 6, 2010 5:44 AM

Aug 2008
The episode itself wasn't anything special (it was a decent introduction I guess), but the series, and specifically the story, seems to have a fair bit of potential.
Apr 6, 2010 7:36 AM

May 2009
"OMG!!! It's a girl?!?".........

^ I lol'd

Overall i felt it was quite disapointing, but we'll see how this will turn out...
Apr 6, 2010 9:21 AM

Sep 2009
Oh joy. A Bishie-fest. And the main character is a reverse-trap who has to dress as a boy to stay part of something... Why does that sound familiar?

Anyway, feels quite generic... I give the first ep 4/10.
Apr 6, 2010 10:35 AM

Oct 2007
great opening episode the animation quality i have to say was awesome but omg BISHIE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hijikata & Saito <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2010 10:38 AM
Nov 2008
Well....1...SHINSENGUMI FTW...2...Studio Deen...3...bishies.What can i ask for more?....oh yah..i'm not being ridiculous,i do expect a plot,and i know that this will have it,since it's historical also,not just harem...I excitedly wait for episode 2.
Apr 6, 2010 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
A decent start, though the story seems kinda promising.
Also, I find the big amount of bishounen to be quite disturbing.
Apr 6, 2010 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Chizuru really does look like a little girl. It's pretty obvious they've chosen to put her with ~Hijikata~ if anyone, but she looks like she'd fit into the role of his 'little sister' better.

Saito Hajime is a bottom. +O
Apr 6, 2010 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
havsie said:
Looks this is just fujoshi and yaoi fangirl bait...quite a shame since I thought it sounded like Ruroni Kenshin a bit but I guess not.

Well the Shinsengumi are there and so is Saitou Hajime. He did made a plastic surgery to the bishie side though. I wonder if Batousai can make an appearance.

The show looks to have a serious tone and could have an interesting scenario. I don't know what to think yet. I was sertainly not impressed by the girl but if am reading this right, in the end the shinsengumi guys will have more of a protagonist role than her despite her seeming to be the main role.

francismeunier said:

Kiyokazu said:
Oh yeah, warning you, the girl's extremely annoying, one of those who cry all the time >.>

You have a thing for those weakly not very sharp kind of girls don't you?

Fyndra said:
I feel kinda embarrassed to ask... But can someone explain me why the heck did Sano punch Heisuke? ^_^;;
I was like, totally confused about that part.

You shouldn't be embarrassed because they certainly didn't explain what the hell is going on.
The only thing i picked up is that it seems there are two kinds of Shinsengumi and Heisuke was trying to explain how things are, so he ate a punch because i guess they want to hide it or don't like talking about it.
MonadApr 6, 2010 12:50 PM
Apr 6, 2010 1:08 PM

Jan 2010
This is way too bishounen for me and I just watched episode one with some joke subtitles, so I didn't get a thing from the actual story... At the beginning when those two saved her from the zombies he said "Don't talk. My hair is shinier than yours" and she thought "At that time I knew it was true. His hair shined in the moonlight like..."

Ohh man, I think I am dropping this.
Apr 6, 2010 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Kiyokazu said:
Wrong. He's got a thing for pretty much any girl it seems.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 6, 2010 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Kiyokazu said:
Wrong. He's got a thing for pretty much any girl it seems.

Really? From what i understood he doesn't like very much, dynamic women, evil girls or sexy revealing females. Doesn't he start calling them bitches and whores?
Apr 6, 2010 1:46 PM

Jan 2010
I wonder how they'll end this because only one of the main guys in the show lives past 1868 in real history. I'm putting my money on him being the end to this fangirl fest that for some reason I'm entertained by.
Ok™
Apr 6, 2010 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
why would someone get disturbed by the fact that there's a billion bishounen characters in this series knowing that it's based off of an otome game...? ?____? i don't see anything unexpected here, lmao.

ANYWAY. i'm glad i'm not the only one who kept thinking of gintama while watching the episode.. ;333; & lol @ them not being able to figure out that she's a girl. oh, & props to deen for not ruining the beautiful art. thank you. 8)
Apr 6, 2010 2:02 PM

Oct 2007
very generic

but damnnnn saito is hawwwt

bishie paradise + blood + not a school setting = continue to watch!
Apr 6, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
for some reason this reminds me of Vampire Knight.
Apr 6, 2010 3:05 PM

Aug 2009
Absolute bishie paradise for me. I don't really get that punch at the end.
Apr 6, 2010 3:07 PM
Dec 2007
hikky said:
This show was terribly boring.

I have a limit of about one beautiful male per show.

/me 吐く

You stole my words.

No, seriously, it was boring and cliché, especially after the initial fight which was clean and good. The rest of the episode was not really well executed and the overall concept of the show doesn't please me so much. I'd rather have another Hanasakeru Seishonen :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 6, 2010 3:37 PM

Mar 2009
Damnn its a bishie paradise, my eyes are blinded. I was kind of expecting it to be filled with a bunch of shoujo crap with sparkles being based off an otome game and all, so this was a pleasant surprise. Im liking this so far
Apr 6, 2010 4:34 PM
Mar 2008
I'm very disappointed in the characteristics of the main girl. They storyling makes her weak, frail, fragile, and WEAK! I hate how she just results to crying and nonsense. OMG! Like, totally stick-up for yourself! Show some girl-power! I really wish she could fight AND be tough AND still be feminime. But, I guess the main girl is just another disappointment for me, just like many of the new anime these days.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I loved the graphics! I loved the designs of the characters. The guys looked HOTT and the main girl was very pretty. Just that she is WEAK WEAK WEAK makes me lose interest.
Apr 6, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
Stop saying stuff at Chizuru D:

I'm rather amazed she actually didn't wait for her father and instead disguised herself as a boy and roamed around Kyoto by herself.
(I wouldn't be able to do that... -_-;; I wouldn't have the courage! Dx)
I'm all talk...but no action. -bangs head on wall- <see what I mean here? xD

It's BISHIE paradise.
Originally an otome game.
They need a useless not-so-very damsel but still a damsel in distress girl. (no, it's OK if you don't get it xD)
It's more on romance -with tad bit action here and there-
May lack story/plot/blaaaaaaah
BISHIE HAVEN/HEAVEN.
Chizuru is cute.
It's NOT like VK (which was shitty) it's more like Amatsuki. (please don't compare it to Vampire Knight...eww lawl)

I need my sleep before I explode. Lawl

Apr 6, 2010 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
I don't have much of an opinion about this show yet, I have to wait and see.
All I've got to say is that I'm really loving all of the seiyuu so far<3, & yes, the girl is getting on my nerves already.

^^;
Apr 6, 2010 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
Lots of handsome guys with swords, huh?

I know there probably will not be much else to admire in the series, but I won't complain either. I like handsome guys with swords.
Apr 6, 2010 5:47 PM

Jul 2009
All I can say is...

SHINSENGUMI FTW.
Apr 6, 2010 5:59 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Clarsiso said:
Damnn its a bishie paradise, my eyes are blinded. I was kind of expecting it to be filled with a bunch of shoujo crap with sparkles being based off an otome game and all, so this was a pleasant surprise. Im liking this so far

^This.

Eh, I watched this on a whim. It kept my attention. Handsome bishies with swords ftw?

And I heard Gilbert Nightray in there somewhere. I'll definitely keep watching XD

What do they mean by "pitiable young men"?

are they referring to the bishie pretty boys or some other group?
Apr 6, 2010 6:07 PM
Apr 2010
They mean the second group of Shinsengumi. Pitiable as in poor, miserable, unfortunate.
Apr 6, 2010 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
Interesting timeframe picked.
Current time: February 1864
Ikedaya Jiken: July 1864

Correction from before, the fansub had a date error.
xellossApr 26, 2010 4:32 AM
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Apr 6, 2010 6:50 PM

Jul 2009
Jaapsneep said:
just for FAL.

That is a good reason.