Forum Settings
Forums

What kind of discussion do you dislike the most?

New
Oct 31, 2021 2:09 AM

Mar 2016
Just curious about it. I don't dislike any of these topics but usually overated/underrated and mean score discussions are just are annoying to read because people get so defensive about it. Like man just enjoy and rate as you please.
Extra questions: Why do you dislike that topic?

EDIT: As you can see the discussion has little bit changed but that doesn't matter it is casual discussion after all. Come share your opinions too! :)
AntskuttelijaNov 3, 2021 11:16 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2021 2:22 AM

Oct 2010
lolis are bad cause they sexualize ...
ecchi is bad cause it sexualizes ...
mikasa is a bad written character
Oct 31, 2021 2:29 AM

Mar 2021
recent ones being

"300 anime watched and this show is still good"
"i feel like dropping it..."
Oct 31, 2021 2:50 AM

Mar 2016
yarwe said:
recent ones being

"300 anime watched and this show is still good"
"i feel like dropping it..."

I have seen these but I don't dislike it but "I feel like dropping it" like just drop it dude if you arent enjoying it.
AntskuttelijaNov 9, 2022 5:38 AM
Oct 31, 2021 2:56 AM

May 2021
- Anything related to "WhY PeOpLe RaTe LoW oR HiGh"?
- How can people like this, I find it boring or Why this show is popular
- Any type of political discussion in this forum. TBH, Casual discussion is becoming more and more like political discussion and I hate it
Oct 31, 2021 3:06 AM

Mar 2016
Cuckoo_Clock said:
- Any type of political discussion in this forum. TBH, Casual discussion is becoming more and more like political discussion and I hate it

Same. Like why do you have to go to MAL to praise your political ideology. I suppose it is free to talk about it but just so weird discussion topic. Well I'm not interested that much in politics so that is probably the reason why I don't like that kind of discussion.
Oct 31, 2021 3:06 AM

May 2020
Moral ones (ecchi, lolis, etc.), typical AD stuff (your hubando/waifu, good character writing and scores). These are the most repetitive threads with repetitive answers and fail to bring any sort of new or well thought out perspective. There are exceptions of course, but they are not that common.
Oct 31, 2021 3:11 AM

May 2021
Antskuttelija said:
Cuckoo_Clock said:

Same. Like why do you have to go to MAL to praise your political ideology. I suppose it is free to talk about it but just so weird discussion topic. Well I'm not interested that much in politics so that is probably the reason why I don't like that kind of discussion.

Yeah, it's a CASUAL DISCUSSION forum where people talks about daily life stuff, how do they feel about certain daily life topics etc not about how the government should run or what they're doing wrong blah blah

Oct 31, 2021 4:08 AM

Feb 2020
Discussions that either Dinosaurs weren't real or that they lived with man 6 thousand years or so ago and not millions of years ago (without man). I have personal experiences about this argument so that's why I feel so strongly about it.
Oct 31, 2021 5:33 AM

Mar 2016
LightWorker said:
Discussions that either Dinosaurs weren't real or that they lived with man 6 thousand years or so ago and not millions of years ago (without man). I have personal experiences about this argument so that's why I feel so strongly about it.

Damn. I have no words. I suppose if you don't listen to teachers and believe anything your aunt(not a personnal experiance luckily) says you will get wrong kind of info of different stuff lmao.
Oct 31, 2021 5:37 AM

Dec 2020
Ya don't like the overrated anime threads but really forward to looking underrated anime threads.

For your Information:

Oct 31, 2021 5:51 AM

Aug 2021
Any discussion regarding the popularity of certain anime and obvious troll or senseless ones
Oct 31, 2021 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
1. Love / Relationship topics

2. Work / Job / "Career" related crap

3. Politics / Government useless crap

4. Gaming / TV-based stuff

5. Sports / Workouts / Bodybuilding useless crap
Oct 31, 2021 6:52 AM

Mar 2016
Dinorexy007 said:
Ya don't like the overrated anime threads but really forward to looking underrated anime threads.

Underrated threads I can some what understand cause they aren't full of just hate but they are still kinda dumb for me because if you like something it doesn't mean everyone is going to like it.

Rosale said:
Any discussion regarding the popularity of certain anime and obvious troll or senseless ones

Yeah I get it. Show is probably popular for a reason because it is easily available, easy show to start and/or etc. Troll ones are sometimes pretty funny when people don't realize that they are trolls but yeah I agree.

BallistikJuice said:
1. Love / Relationship topics

2. Work / Job / "Career" related crap

3. Politics / Government useless crap

4. Gaming / TV-based stuff

5. Sports / Workouts / Bodybuilding useless crap

Somewhat agree and disagree with this. I think you can and should write about anything in here if it fits the theme like casual discussion should be literally anything but maybe there is a better place to ask about bodybuilding than MyAnimelist forums. I don't really mind them though.
Oct 31, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
Ones where people go "I don't like [thing] therefore it shouldn't be discussed ever", if there's a thread that I don't find particularly interesting I just don't click it lmfao.

Not a jab at OP, but I'm seeing this energy in a few replies.
Oct 31, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
AncientTroll said:
*insert dumb "people have different opinions" statement*

I have a dumb opinion and I'm not scared of showing it!!!!!!

Erg_Orgy said:
Ones where people go "I don't like [thing] therefore it shouldn't be discussed ever", if there's a thread that I don't find particularly interesting I just don't click it lmfao.

Yeah I neither click topics I don't find interesting. I don't really hate/dislike any topics as I said earlier everything can be and should be discussed but some are just like predictable and usually filled with like hate and stuff if you get what I mean.

Yeah don't worry about it. I get that this kinda topic just kinda shines that kind of energy which wasn't my intention. I was just curious about it.
Oct 31, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2016
Definitely the topics that revolve around people's opinions like the overrated/underrated and mean score options. Those are the types of topics that just ask for arguments to happen. Even though I hardly participate in those discussions, I do find myself reading through them from time to time and find them to be cringy as fuck.

I am completely open to hearing other people's opinions, but I just hate it when I see others go straight for the throat when they read something someone else posted that they don't like. It's not that hard to ignore shit on the internet.

Oct 31, 2021 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
Antskuttelija said:
AncientTroll said:
*insert dumb "people have different opinions" statement*

Erg_Orgy said:

Yeah I neither click topics I don't find interesting. I don't really hate/dislike any topics as I said earlier everything can be and should be discussed but some are just like predictable and usually filled with like hate and stuff if you get what I mean.

Yeah don't worry about it. I get that this kinda topic just kinda shines that kind of energy which wasn't my intention. I was just curious about it.

Yeah sometimes you just look at a thread's title and instantly know that the replies are gonna be filled with the most moronic takes lol.

I honestly dig these kindsa threads cause you can find out who's on a high horse around here.
Oct 31, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2016
NalarueAni said:
Definitely the topics that revolve around people's opinions like the overrated/underrated and mean score options. Those are the types of topics that just ask for arguments to happen. Even though I hardly participate in those discussions, I do find myself reading through them from time to time and find them to be cringy as fuck.

I am completely open to hearing other people's opinions, but I just hate it when I see others go straight for the throat when they read something someone else posted that they don't like. It's not that hard to ignore shit on the internet.

Definetly agree with this. People get so toxic about things you like that they didn't. Respect peoples opinions and don't make community seem so toxic and hateful. I like to hear peoples opinions on things so that is sad to see it is just negativity.

Erg_Orgy said:
Antskuttelija said:

Yeah sometimes you just look at a thread's title and instantly know that the replies are gonna be filled with the most moronic takes lol.

I honestly dig these kindsa threads cause you can find out who's on a high horse around here.

Not that my opinion is better but yeah same.
I'm not exactly sure what high horse saying means since I'm not a native speaker (doesn't it mean like someone thinking they are superior) but you usually see that in threads about how many anime you have watched.
*cough* Looking at you I hate casuals threads. *cough*
Oct 31, 2021 1:47 PM

Sep 2018
Worst discussions are sub or dub topics. The only acceptable question regarding this matter is asking if anything was censored for the dub.
Oct 31, 2021 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
As Catalano said, the most annoying and repetitive topics for me are anything involving sexualization of women or what people perceive to be immature characters. It's just endless and drawn out arguments with no compromise.
Oct 31, 2021 6:24 PM
Dec 2017
forum games
repetitive topics especially sex,politics,scores,ranking and top tens and especially the anti loli squad type threads.

Oct 31, 2021 6:29 PM

Oct 2021
People who shit on popular anime, it's popular for a reason

I don't need you shoving done some shit anime down my throat, just because five people are watching it doesn't make it good
Oct 31, 2021 7:39 PM

Jan 2020
A mix of overrated/underrated and mean score ones. Just way too overused and I'm not interested

Nov 1, 2021 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
rohan121 said:
Worst discussions are sub or dub topics. The only acceptable question regarding this matter is asking if anything was censored for the dub.

Haven't read those ones so I don't have that much insight but if it goes as usual it is pretty toxic ain't it.

TheFireNinja said:
As Catalano said, the most annoying and repetitive topics for me are anything involving sexualization of women or what people perceive to be immature characters. It's just endless and drawn out arguments with no compromise.

Sensitive topic especially when talking about young characters which I do get why people get angry about it.

Crow_Black said:
forum games
repetitive topics especially sex,politics,scores,ranking and top tens and especially the anti loli squad type threads.

So you basically hate repetitive topics. But why forum games if you don't mind me asking?

SquidGame said:

I don't need you shoving done some shit anime down my throat, just because five people are watching it doesn't make it good

Yeah it is popular for a reason. I don't mind it if they are civil about it and also I actually appreciate if they recommend something unnoticed or unpopular shows cause because I can see something different.

ManWild said:
A mix of overrated/underrated and mean score ones. Just way too overused and I'm not interested

Understandable. They are very repetitive.
Nov 1, 2021 4:21 PM
Dec 2017
Antskuttelija said:
rohan121 said:

Haven't read those ones so I don't have that much insight but if it goes as usual it is pretty toxic ain't it.

TheFireNinja said:

Sensitive topic especially when talking about young characters which I do get why people get angry about it.

Crow_Black said:
forum games

So you basically hate repetitive topics. But why forum games if you don't mind me asking?

SquidGame said:

Yeah it is popular for a reason. I don't mind it if they are civil about it and also I actually appreciate if they recommend something unnoticed or unpopular shows cause because I can see something different.

ManWild said:

Understandable. They are very repetitive.

TLDR

Lots of nasty drama from turf wars between cliques from f.g the pedos lurking around there as well as the boring samey nature of each game.

Nov 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2016
Crow_Black said:
TLDR

Lots of nasty drama from turf wars between cliques from f.g the pedos lurking around there as well as the boring samey nature of each game.

Well this. Also yeah games are usually kinda repetitive when I think about it. Ofc there are some which are better but not that many.
Nov 2, 2021 8:51 AM
Mar 2021
Definitely the overrated ones. It just kills the discussion
Nov 2, 2021 9:06 AM

Dec 2016
Basically I really dislike any and all topics that aren't about terrorism.

Nov 2, 2021 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
GreatShitposter said:
Definitely the overrated ones. It just kills the discussion

Understandable

Soverign said:
Basically I really dislike any and all topics that aren't about terrorism.

Hulk and Savage did that? lmao
Nov 2, 2021 2:15 PM

May 2020
Definitely find myself irritated most by overrated/underrated discussions, not just bc of that focal point but because the topic attracts a lot of people that just want to argue on their turfs (as someone said earlier) rather than have a good talks with pros and cons and depthful discussion.

The whole "i like this thing" "i dont like this thing" "fuck you" charade is old.
Nov 2, 2021 5:30 PM

Mar 2016
kei_sen said:
Definitely find myself irritated most by overrated/underrated discussions, not just bc of that focal point but because the topic attracts a lot of people that just want to argue on their turfs (as someone said earlier) rather than have a good talks with pros and cons and depthful discussion.

The whole "i like this thing" "i dont like this thing" "fuck you" charade is old.

Yeah it is usually a pissing contest where really nobody learns or understands why the person likes the show. People really find it hard to respect others opinions. (though some can be very dumb and should be questioned but that is a different matter.)
Nov 2, 2021 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Antskuttelija said:
I don't dislike any of these topics but usually overated/underrated and mean score discussions are just are annoying to read because people get so defensive about it.

+1, took the words right out of my mouth.

OT: My favorite discussions are here in Casual Discussion. Sometimes it's fun to hear about what people think/do outside of anime.
Nov 2, 2021 6:06 PM

Jan 2021
any kind of political bullshit. i cannot stress enough how sick i am of reading about politics. i hate when i'm scrolling through cd and i see some shit like "WHY IS THE LEFT INDOCTRINATIGNGN AND BRAINWASHING OUR CHILDREN" or some bait thread obviously meant to start drama. it's so annoying.

blockberry creative will pay for its crimes

Nov 2, 2021 9:59 PM

May 2020
Antskuttelija said:
kei_sen said:

Yeah it is usually a pissing contest where really nobody learns or understands why the person likes the show. People really find it hard to respect others opinions. (though some can be very dumb and should be questioned but that is a different matter.)

You bring up a good point--a lot of the time it's usually people fighting on the negative (why someone doesn't like a show) rather than the positive (why they like the show). I think it's because people are more drawn to negativity in general and it's easier to be negative rather than positive because often times, for some people, they have to put more effort into positive discussions. But people aren't here to duscuss though, they're here to fight.
Nov 2, 2021 10:05 PM

May 2020
mwinner said:
Antskuttelija said:
I don't dislike any of these topics but usually overated/underrated and mean score discussions are just are annoying to read because people get so defensive about it.

OT: My favorite discussions are here in Casual Discussion. Sometimes it's fun to hear about what people think/do outside of anime.

Def agree with the non-anime topic being more interesting. You can only talk about anime for so long until it's fuckin annoying imo. Helps remind you that you're talking to actual people lol, even if they're super fucking weird personally (as seen in some of the recent topics at the top today...)
Nov 2, 2021 10:08 PM

May 2020
kerofroggy said:
any kind of political bullshit. i cannot stress enough how sick i am of reading about politics. i hate when i'm scrolling through cd and i see some shit like "WHY IS THE LEFT INDOCTRINATIGNGN AND BRAINWASHING OUR CHILDREN" or some bait thread obviously meant to start drama. it's so annoying.

+1 for jabaited

fr tho, those kinds of posts are super off-putting. i think i saw something similar to what ur talking about earlier in casual cuz i was looking to talk. the whole thread gave "sticky keyboard" yk? eww

by all means political discussion can be great sometimes, but most often (and especially here, with these fucking people/this kind of community) it tends to get pretty braindead and assuming to say the very least.

there's better places to talk properly tbh.
Nov 2, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
kerofroggy said:

+1 here. Definitely cannot stand these people, when they type they come off as someone who never leaves their computer and is on FaceBook/some news outlet 24/7. Also hate it when they clog CD with it. If you want to talk politics go on r/Politics or something LOL.
Nov 2, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
When some stranger questions your tastes and lambasts you for not liking their favourite Anime
Nov 3, 2021 1:14 AM

Jul 2021
My point doesn't stand out but oh welp I'm just hoping that these threads to go away in like a year or so.

I have a lot of hates about some discussion like idk how to give it in context basically but there's this one thread I've once seen that just brings more haters to hate on a particular series that I myself have on my favorite list, it's really disappointing to see those threads but I have to bare with the haters, whether they'd be joking or not, I just don't know what's the point of them hating on the series anymore or if they were being realistic, then surely I can respect them unless I can be biased when they state something false.. Another discussion I PARTICULARLY HATE is ANYTHING THAT TALKS ABOUT OVERRATED SERIES LIKE WE GET IT, IT'S SO POPULAR BUT WHY WOULD YOU BLOODY HELL TALK ABOUT OVERRATED SERIES IN TERMS OF THE PLOT AND/OR ANIMATION WHEN IT DOESN'T STAND OUT, DO THAT IN THE DAMN REVIEW FFS (Ok I may misunderstood about this so sorry about that) THERE ARE MANY "OVERRATED" THREADS I'VE SEEN WHERE THEY CLICHE "OVERRATED" BY MAKING IT SOUND DISRESPECTFUL TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND JUST SPROUT THEIR OPINIONS OUT OF THE CONTEXT...
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 3, 2021 1:24 AM

Mar 2016
mwinner said:
Antskuttelija said:

Yeah I like hearing things about other people and just talking about random shit.
Nov 3, 2021 1:33 AM

Mar 2016
kei_sen said:
mwinner said:

Def agree with the non-anime topic being more interesting. You can only talk about anime for so long until it's fuckin annoying imo. Helps remind you that you're talking to actual people lol, even if they're super fucking weird personally (as seen in some of the recent topics at the top today...)

I mean anime seems to attract some weird personalities so it is not that surprising (there is nothing wrong being weird don't worry.). Still fun to talk to them.
Nov 3, 2021 1:35 AM

Mar 2016
kei_sen said:
kerofroggy said:

+1 for jabaited

fr tho, those kinds of posts are super off-putting. i think i saw something similar to what ur talking about earlier in casual cuz i was looking to talk. the whole thread gave "sticky keyboard" yk? eww

by all means political discussion can be great sometimes, but most often (and especially here, with these fucking people/this kind of community) it tends to get pretty braindead and assuming to say the very least.

there's better places to talk properly tbh.

Same opinions as mine. Everything can and should be discussed but there is a better place for something like politics.
Nov 3, 2021 1:38 AM

Mar 2016
RealKurapikaTard said:
When some stranger questions your tastes and lambasts you for not liking their favourite Anime

Reminds me of one guy in one Discord server who would go mad about One Piece and that Luffy was the best character ever. It was like if somebody said "One Piece is good but I like X better" then he would go mental for some reason.
Nov 3, 2021 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
Antskuttelija said:
RealKurapikaTard said:

Reminds me of one guy in one Discord server who would go mad about One Piece and that Luffy was the best character ever. It was like if somebody said "One Piece is good but I like X better" then he would go mental for some reason.

I forgot to add discord in my signature
Thanks for reminding
I got kicked out once for Recommending some Anime and saying they are better than Naruto
Nov 3, 2021 1:47 AM

Mar 2016
CQLLIST said:
My point doesn't stand out but oh welp I'm just hoping that these threads to go away in like a year or so.

I have a lot of hates about some discussion like idk how to give it in context basically but there's this one thread I've once seen that just brings more haters to hate on a particular series that I myself have on my favorite list, it's really disappointing to see those threads but I have to bare with the haters, whether they'd be joking or not, I just don't know what's the point of them hating on the series anymore or if they were being realistic, then surely I can respect them unless I can be biased when they state something false.. Another discussion I PARTICULARLY HATE is ANYTHING THAT TALKS ABOUT OVERRATED SERIES LIKE WE GET IT, IT'S SO POPULAR BUT WHY WOULD YOU BLOODY HELL TALK ABOUT OVERRATED SERIES IN TERMS OF THE PLOT AND/OR ANIMATION WHEN IT DOESN'T STAND OUT, DO THAT IN THE DAMN REVIEW FFS (Ok I may misunderstood about this so sorry about that) THERE ARE MANY "OVERRATED" THREADS I'VE SEEN WHERE THEY CLICHE "OVERRATED" BY MAKING IT SOUND DISRESPECTFUL TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND JUST SPROUT THEIR OPINIONS OUT OF THE CONTEXT...

Deep breaths my dude. The thing is to not care that much about other peoples opinions in things you like. Ofc you need to understand critic even in that. But I think you are in for a bad time if you are hoping for them to go away in few years. I don't think those topics are going away.
Nov 3, 2021 1:51 AM

Mar 2016
RealKurapikaTard said:
Antskuttelija said:

I forgot to add discord in my signature
Thanks for reminding
I got kicked out once for Recommending some Anime and saying they are better than Naruto

Well that's unlucky getting kicked out for recommendation and saying your opinion. Issue prolly wasn't that you said your opinion but how you said it.
Nov 3, 2021 9:18 AM

May 2020
Antskuttelija said:
kei_sen said:

I mean anime seems to attract some weird personalities so it is not that surprising (there is nothing wrong being weird don't worry.). Still fun to talk to them.

Not even just that, I've just seemed to notice that anime tends to make people kind of one-dimensional, especially bc it caters to more introverted audiences. So ppl dont talk much in general, except the same old same old anime shit because its an easy conversation for them. do you know what i mean kinda?
Nov 3, 2021 9:18 AM

May 2020
Antskuttelija said:
RealKurapikaTard said:

never ever understood this fucking phenomenon lol
Nov 3, 2021 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
kei_sen said:
Antskuttelija said:

Not even just that, I've just seemed to notice that anime tends to make people kind of one-dimensional, especially bc it caters to more introverted audiences. So ppl dont talk much in general, except the same old same old anime shit because its an easy conversation for them. do you know what i mean kinda?

Yeah definetly. They only get one kind of discussion with kinda same opinions so it really makes people have as you said one-dimensional opinions and mindset.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

78 by Gween_Gween »»
14 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - May 2

38 by VampireSylphy »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - 3 hours ago

8 by VampireSylphy »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps? ( 1 2 )

Miscanthus - Apr 27

50 by Miscanthus »»
2 hours ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - 11 hours ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.