Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, one of those father-son moments between Naruto and Boruto. No matter what, it looks like Naruto would do whatever it takes to protect his kid and the village. Very sweet.

Definitely ready for the next arc. Hope Boruto learned a lesson from all.
Oct 17, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2019
Well... looks like there are still things that are actually bothering people and we can't blame them either since we barely defeated Isshiki and if Boruto's body is to be taken over by Momoshiki in time, that's gonna be a major problem and threat to all. Well, that's up to Naruto what decision will he take as a Hokage and as a father?

Other than that, it was nice to see a little bit of the father and son relationship.
Oct 17, 2021 2:03 AM

Apr 2018
We don't often see a sulking Boruto but this time, it was clear. Worried about Momoshiki taking him over, Boruto hasn't slept for days and barely ate anything. Until, Naruto came to Boruto for a small conversation. Gotta love the father-son bond between them. The visuals were really beautiful. And the pills that Naruto got from Amado are pretty tricky. But it is what it is. Better than nothing ig? Can't wait for the anime canon arc. Back to the chunin arc.
SideCharacterKalOct 17, 2021 2:47 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 17, 2021 2:31 AM

Jun 2014
How many episodes left until the end of Kawaki arc?

UPD: It is ended according to Boruto wiki
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Kawaki_Arc
HiruzawaOct 17, 2021 8:18 AM
Oct 17, 2021 2:45 AM

Feb 2013
Boruto and Naruto's heart to heart at sunset really punched me right in the heart. These decisions and conversations with both Kawaki and Boruto this whole Kara arc has made Boruto worth being created despite its haters just for proof that Naruto is an awesome Hokage. Haters of this series really watched 700 episodes for Naruto to become the Hokage but they don't want to see how the once knuckleheaded ninja has matured into a true hero and Hokage. The way he comfort talk no jutsu'd Boruto is a true father act. It makes me think back to 16 years now to when he had the paint can and the googles on his head. These past few episodes have been Naruto heavy but think back to Naruto's genin years when Kakashi had to bailout the otherwise dead child from danger. Kawaki being added to the official roster make me as aa Sasuke fanboy ultimately happy. Now if this chunin exam gets crashed by an enemy a 3rd straight time I say no more chunin exams cause they are literally cursed

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Oct 17, 2021 2:47 AM

May 2021
A really emotinal episode containing Father and son bond between Naruto & Boruto, Looks like Momoshiki taking over is haunting Boruto which caused him not sleep for days and well we find out Boruto has only half year before Momoshiki takes over but naruto assures Boruto which makes him relived and take a peaceful sleep just then Amado came with a medicine which would halt the Otsufication temporarily well a good news for Everyone.

Now next week episode the Chunin exam are back and here are some preview that had me Intrigued:-

The Location of the exam

Looks like Sauske's Summoning is also participating in the exam

TheDeadmanIIOct 17, 2021 4:41 AM

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Oct 17, 2021 2:47 AM

Dec 2020
Everyone is worried about boruto what i clearly can understand good that amado gave naruto the byagukan pills but i also don’t trust amado 100%.

So Next episode is going chunin examen lets go im hype.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 17, 2021 3:09 AM

May 2020
was naruto abt to kill boruto in that scene?
Oct 17, 2021 4:18 AM
Sep 2021
An entertaining episode
Oct 17, 2021 4:42 AM

Jan 2018
Natsude_tanaka said:
Now that you mention it, i can see there was a haunting possibility that Naruto could be thinking about doing it. That scene can be interpreted im many ways. One, he was just tired from the lack of chakra. Two, he could just be scared and trembling. Another possibility is that he was somehow was forcing him to sleep via some jutsu, therfor losing chakra.
Either way i like to think of it as a beautifull father and son bond.
Oct 17, 2021 4:50 AM

Mar 2008
Haven't watched the episode yet, but I just have to say that it's hard to believe Boruto has already reached the original Naruto episode count.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 17, 2021 4:56 AM
Jul 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
No! It is just hyperventilation. The same thing happened to Naruto in Naruto Shippuden ep 209 when he was asked to kill Sasuke by Garara.
Oct 17, 2021 4:57 AM

Mar 2020
Naruto-kun and Boruto-kun, I love that moments. But I want to see Hinata-chan too.

And super thanks to Amado-san for the medicine!!

I love this sunset scene every episode its really beautiful.

Chuunin Exams next week!!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 17, 2021 4:58 AM

May 2020
Wadam_T said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
No! It is just hyperventilation. The same thing happened to Naruto in Naruto Shippuden ep 209 when he was asked to kill Sasuke by Garara.

BUT I WOULDNT MIND HIM KILLING BORUTO AT THAT SPOT, IT WILL BE A PARTY FOR THE PPL THAT DISLIKES BORUTO LOL
Oct 17, 2021 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
An episode with little actions that already and to be expected after the loss of power of Naruto.

But there was a conversation between Boruto and Naruto that was good for them to be closer, on the other hand there will be a new Arc that will be cool.
Oct 17, 2021 5:22 AM
Jun 2021
Is this a ending episode of this arc? Honestly, I like this exciting story of this arc and definitely Susake came up with many good lines. But I do not like the logic of Kama and Otsutsuki clan. It feels weird when talking about cracking files, virus, blablabla and more than those I just expected more Japanese culture like Ninja or beliefs. And lastly, in this ep Naruto was so lovely but it was not emotional enough. There weren't many feelings that Boruto, Naruto, Sasuke or Kawaki should have and script was mediocre. Overall I may watch it again to gather some details and let's watch next Chunin ep!!!
Oct 17, 2021 5:46 AM

Jan 2020
I thought Naruto is going to kill Boruto with rasengan...
Oct 17, 2021 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
Guys no cap. That naruto and boruto scene. That moment.......is literally the best thing that happened. Bro ngl for me when naruto hugged boruto. That scene even surpassed isshiki vs baryon, and even the momo fight. True this scene was not a fight scene but just a scene where the father and the son are having their good quality time and all, but literally, that scene alone surpassed ep 65 and ep 217(for me).
Oct 17, 2021 6:12 AM

Oct 2017
Boruto's back to normal for the time being. Sarada flicking his forehead was sweet.
Oct 17, 2021 6:41 AM
Sep 2020
Oh my...What a heartwarming episode..I was truly touched by the sequence of events and how the information on Boruto's situation was presented to us
Seeng Boruto not sleeping for days because he doesn't want Momoshikki taking over was really sad and concerning ngl
And seeing Naruto has to make a choice between being Boruto's father and being the 7th Hokage he has to make the choice for what he'll be ding in his son's situation
Naruto having father-son moment with Boruto was also really touching and seeing how much Boruto trusts Naruto to not go back on his word is truly amazing
Oct 17, 2021 6:50 AM
Aug 2021
this ep contains a lot of onions(very sad) especially when naruto says i will stop boruto even if i have to sacrifice my life

but there's one thing I'm disappointed about where amado doesn't tell the side effects of the drugs given to naruto like in the manga

i.e. side effects lead to death or blindness
Oct 17, 2021 7:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hoo boy, Naruto facing a difficult choice. If i am him i will gladly kill that annoying brat, even if he somehow liven up the mood after whatever happened before. Remember, Naruto still have Kawaki, so why bother killing Boruto on the spot?

But ofc it won't happen. Because the literal savior for Naruto, once again, that old man, with all of the mystery under his eyeglasses, now, giving that godly drugs, end the whole drama in one glance. Hope raising again for every sides, everyone can lifting up some smiles, and Naruto comes back again to liven up the mood with a random exam. Oh yeah, chunin exam. I can't wait....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 2019
Boruto you have been amazing this year but now it’s time to return to filler :( I really wish Boruto was seasonal
Oct 17, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 2019
Boruto you have been amazing this year but now it’s time to return to filler :( I really wish Boruto was seasonal
Oct 17, 2021 8:18 AM
Oct 2016
I didn’t expect that Father-Son talk to be that emotional, it was done well. Also preview looks like the Forest of Death is making a comeback!!
Oct 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the emotional and sentimental atmosphere this episode had, and the conversation between Boruto and Naruto was a really nice scene. Looks like there isn't too much to worry about for now regarding Boruto's condition after Amado came through with those pills.

Now onto another Chunin Exam. Hopefully they can actually get through this one without an enemy attack.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 17, 2021 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
Man I'm so surprised Hinata didn't show up AT ALL throughout this whole thing. No "welcome home" no deliberation with Naruto about potentially killing their son. To call this a missed opportunity would be an understatement. It's straight up ridiculous.

But yea Boruto is literally invincible for a few more years because of that spoiler in episode 1 so not like this result was unexpected. Guess it's time for a Chunin exam filler arc. Wonder if Sumire will participate...
Oct 17, 2021 9:27 AM

Jun 2019
For those mentioning Hinata being MIA, isn't because she wasn't exactly informed, and Boruto didn't open up to her. Boruto is normally not close to his mom, right?

Anywho, I am super excited for the resuming chunin exam arc! Now that everyone's been given time to power up a bit, I hope they have much better fights this time. I'll never forget that Rock Lee VS Gaara fight in Naruto. That was definitely a standout fight!
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 17, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2021
I hope that people in here have kept up with the manga! In the manga, Amado has been depicted as more deceiving than he has been depicted in the anime. The pills in the manga were only to “curtail” the development, while in the anime, they should stop it completely. ALSO, was Naruto just about to kill Boruto during their emotional scene? What’s going on? I wonder if they’ll create a new story, or come back to the manga’s plot?
Sss217Oct 17, 2021 10:22 AM
Oct 17, 2021 11:49 AM
Oct 2021
I loved the episode until boruto took his pill, like they ruined the whole tone of the episode from depressing to everything is fine in a few seconds. Can someone tell me if they did this in the manga as well, did they completetly ruin the tone or was it just cuz they wanted a plot device for them being able to do a chunin anime arc?? I don't have an issue with the pills (I know they're in the manga as well) but the execution was very poorly done IMO
Oct 17, 2021 12:08 PM
Nov 2020
I love how almost everyone in this episode were reminding Naruto that he doesn’t have Kurama do they think he doesn’t know that?
Oct 17, 2021 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
So as we saw in the preview, Gaara asks Naruto the question. Is he willing to go to the extreme of killing Boruto, his own son if that's the only way to stop Momoshiki?! Of course Naruto is completely against this idea, to the point where he gets into an argument with Sasuke about this.

But, we get a throwback within this episode. Naruto meets up with Boruto to tell him the news, and he promises Boruto that he'll do whatever it takes to protect Boruto and he will sacrifice his life to. When Boruto asks if he can trust Naruto, he says "I never go back on my word" and Boruto is like "That's your Ninja Way, right, Dad?" OH MY GOD THAT BRINGS IT BACK TO NARUTO WHEN HE FIRST DECIDED TO CREATE HIS OWN NINJA WAY AFTER LEARNING THE TRUTH ABOUT SHINOBI BEING TOOLS IN THE HANDS OF DESTINY. HE COMPLETELY THREW THAT MINDSET OUT OF THE TRASH AND INSPIRED A NEW GENERATION OF SHINOBI WITH THAT.

Then Amado comes in with this medicine that weakens the power of the Byakugan, but it can be used to halt the effects of Otsutsukification. This explains why Kawaki's Karma developed a lot slower than Boruto's, because Amado gave it to him slowly to make sure Jigen didn't catch on. Now Boruto is in the clear and so far there are no side effects.

Also Amado has become an official Advisor for the Scientific Ninja Tool Team and get this, NARUTO WANTS TO START UP THE CHUNIN EXAMS AGAIN.

Man I'm excited as this series is going to get more action packed!
Oct 17, 2021 7:01 PM
Jan 2020
KowaitheSenpai said:
Now if this chunin exam gets crashed by an enemy a 3rd straight time I say no more chunin exams cause they are literally cursed
the chunin exams being interrupted again would be so funny lmao
Oct 18, 2021 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to the Chuunin Exams, hopefully Studio P will go all out!

Nurularifin said:
I love how almost everyone in this episode were reminding Naruto that he doesn’t have Kurama do they think he doesn’t know that?

Yeah it's probably due to how they view Kurama as an asset/weapon while he was a cherished family member in Naruto's eyes. Had Kurama been an ordinary family member instead of a tailed beast one, maybe then they wouldn't be as frank/brutally honest about his demise. 😆
Oct 18, 2021 8:30 AM
Oct 2019
Damm that actually scary to fall asleep thinking your body might be take over.
Luckily Amado coming with Suspicious Pill somehow solve the problem for now.

Come on they cut something from Sumire again when she meet Kawaki.
Damn it why.

Next week Anime Canon Continue which is understandable because we only have few chapters left ahead on the Manga.
I'm excited though for the Continuation of Chunnin Exam.

The Forest of Death is back!!
davidyodo24Oct 18, 2021 8:39 AM
Oct 18, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2021
such a wholesome moment between Boruto and Naruto

Let's see what will happen in this Chunin exam I hope to get close to OG Chunin exam
Oct 19, 2021 12:36 AM
Dec 2020
Wadam_T said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
He could have been hyperventilating over the idea of killing Boruto, which is when Amado appears and eventually offers him the pills. I think the scene was meant to have been ambiguous because he's also devastated over loosing Kurama, but an unfortunate ultimatum for him nonetheless
Oct 20, 2021 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
i just hope Amado doesn't have hidden clandestine agendas on as to why he didn't immediately gave the pills to Naruto and waited for Naruto to become hesitated or thinking twice of putting down his own son...but looks like all's well that ends well! much better if we have brains than brawns...
4/5.

Oct 23, 2021 2:14 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was so touching between Naruto and Boruto. Also, very excited about the Shounen exam. But hold on, I'm I going crazy or was Naruto about to kill Boruo after he fell asleep? Holy shit!!!
Oct 23, 2021 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
Finally a heart to heart between father and son. It only took 220 episodes. It made the entire episode worth watching.

If Amado can regenerate an arm, what about Sauske's eye and his & Naruto's arms? He should be working on that.
Oct 25, 2021 10:20 PM
Jun 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
was naruto abt to kill Boruto in that scene?
no, he was actually hyperventilating. The scene was very similar to Naruto hyperventilating to finding out Sasuke was officially a rogue ninja in Naruto Shippuden.
Oct 26, 2021 12:59 AM

May 2020
theindianimeweeb said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
was naruto abt to kill Boruto in that scene?
no, he was actually hyperventilating. The scene was very similar to Naruto hyperventilating to finding out Sasuke was officially a rogue ninja in Naruto Shippuden.

I know but maybe the reason why i think that way is because of the five kage’s talk abt boruto
Dec 5, 2022 1:51 AM

Jan 2017
I had dropped Boruto in 2020 because it became unbearable for me to continue.
I'm glad I picked it up back because binge watching from 157 to 220 was a crazy fuckall ride!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 30, 2023 7:49 PM
Jul 2022
manga cannon is so amazing
Jan 21, 10:20 AM

Jan 2016
Amado over here coming in the very last moment before Naruto just rasengans Boruto in his sleep. Naruto was trying to collect his willpower to execute.
I wonder how these side effects will be for Boruto. Also if will affect the Jougan which he hasn't been using. It's unforunate he won't get Byakugan now because needs to keep Momoshiki at bay.
As we heard during last Chuunin exams, they can be held just within the village. The inter-village exams is likely to foster more growth of the genin and relations of peace, and just have a nice tourney to see which village will collect the W.
Sarada will definitely become a Chuunin from these exams, the question is, will anyone else? (Mitsuki likely will decline unless Boruto does, so I don't count him)

Mar 13, 1:42 AM
Sep 2023
I just got bored of all the shit that was happening in the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.