Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2010 2:14 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The timeskips are so seamless. Anyway, I wonder what's going on.
Apr 2, 2010 2:16 AM

Dec 2008
good chapter and things seem to be picking up pace. Seems like KTM didn't make it this time, and curious as to what they plan to do with Mashiro's actions at the end.
Apr 2, 2010 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
Yessss they didn't just throw Shizuka away like a rag doll!
I have no idea what's going on though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2010 2:36 AM
Jul 2008
I found the rejection of getting serialized a good thing. It would have been stupid for them to get serialized just because they tried a little harder than they did before.

I'm pretty interested in what they have to improve on though, or why they got rejected though =)
Apr 2, 2010 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm ... not getting serialized straight away is good in this case O_O? Well the explanation of that should be interesting.
Apr 2, 2010 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
I like how they just end it on a cliff hanger kinda, things were to good and they were to confident (which isnt a bad thing) but when that happens you know something bads slowly approaching. Too bad, KTM sounds sweet. I say screw Jump anyway and just go for the older crowd and make manga like 20th Century Boys and Monster.
Apr 2, 2010 3:39 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I can't believe they didn't get it!! Actually, now that I think about it... I can D:

I just want my protagonists to succeed!!!

Who is Minato!? I honestly don't remember him.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Apr 2, 2010 3:58 AM

Feb 2009
So they didn't get serialized...yet. Wnoder what Hattori means and what Mashiro understood? Their talk about KTM looks good I was interested in their new manga.
Can't wait for the next chapter.
Apr 2, 2010 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
Expected they won't get serialized as soon as that..give them more time to found new ideas rather than rushing for serialization

Just for fun i want to see Kaya and Takagi bathed together though XD
Apr 2, 2010 6:46 AM

Nov 2008
Whoa, everyone just got all hotblooded again, Ashirogi came up with an awesome manga, Shizuka Ryu got serialized and the chapter didn't end in a pointless cliffhanger. One of the best chapters in a while.
Apr 2, 2010 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
Looking forward to what they can come up with next, and what Hatori is up to...

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Apr 2, 2010 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
"It's for the best" O.o
I'm really curious what Miura's and Hattori's plan is...

Apr 2, 2010 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
BZWGolem said:
"It's for the best" O.o
I'm really curious what Miura's and Hattori's plan is...

+1

I'm happy that they didn't get serialized immediately. It is for their own betterment. And also happy to see Shizuka getting in, by the time KTM gets in Shizuka's series will be popular (hopefully) and that will add another rival in the list
Apr 2, 2010 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
You could tell they weren't getting serialised, that confidence was a sure sign of failure.

BUT ALL THIS INTENSITY IS EXCITING ME.
cannot wait until next week.
Apr 2, 2010 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
I reckon it was done as a kind of threat to the cheif editor to demonstrate they would have no issue being successful in another magazine. Yes Jump is the biggest magazine for teens but they have demonstrated they are good enough to produce more adult stories.
Apr 2, 2010 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty obvious they weren't gonna get serialized. Now what will they do? =/
Apr 2, 2010 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
pretty good idea to add appearance, really broadens what they can do. but i wonder what they meant by "for the best?"
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 2, 2010 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
Haha oh man, the whole chapter gave an impression that everything was going so well. And at the end, all hell breaks loose and they didn't get serialized. That writer of Bakuman is so badass.

Very good chapter. I was curious as to how Ashirogi Muto would continue after Tanto gets cancelled. That idea of KTM sounded very interesting but one chapter is too little to cancel a Tanto, come up with a new series and try to get it serialized. Nice cliffhanger too.

By the way: is it me, or are the drawings of Bakuman getting better? They seem a lot better than 20 chapters ago.
Apr 2, 2010 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
Rezk said:
Haha oh man, the whole chapter gave an impression that everything was going so well. And at the end, all hell breaks loose and they didn't get serialized. That writer of Bakuman is so badass.

Same here, I was 99% sure they'd get in xD
But now after thinking about it, it would have been too strange if they would have gotten in JUMP, the most popular manga-magazine, so easily :'D

Mashiro looked so cool on the last page! Love that guy 8D But I wonder who Minato was..?

Anyway, the chapter was win <3

Apr 2, 2010 1:03 PM
Aug 2008
Yeah its not much of a surprise that they didn't get in. Like someone else said, their major confidence was practically foreshadowing the failure.

"It's for the best" I think it's that since both True Human and KTM are so not-Jump like, the one that goes in first is essentially a guinea pig. The first to go in is more likely to fail, so the second who joins in can improve upon the weaknesses and make it better. Well at least that's my take.
Apr 2, 2010 1:11 PM

Nov 2009
fusion said:

"It's for the best" I think it's that since both True Human and KTM are so not-Jump like, the one that goes in first is essentially a guinea pig. The first to go in is more likely to fail, so the second who joins in can improve upon the weaknesses and make it better. Well at least that's my take.

Hey that's a very interesting theory. You could be right as the writer implied that many editors thought that KTM was better than True Human. But then again, this means that they threw away a potential hit series and replaced it with a test manga. I don't think the editor-in-chief would think like that but hey, who knows.
Apr 2, 2010 2:10 PM

Oct 2008
KTM sounds like its gonna be an awesome manga.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 2, 2010 3:09 PM

Jul 2009
Not really sure what's going on here...
Apr 2, 2010 4:03 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Laevantein said:
Me too!! XP
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Apr 2, 2010 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
I really love Shizuka, I'm glad he got in, and KTM seems incredibly interesting too.
If only it was a manga that actually existed xD
Apr 2, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
So who is this Minato person that Saiko talk about at the end?
Apr 2, 2010 7:41 PM

May 2007
Huuuh? "It's for the best?" ... why? And I wont accept a cheesy answer like "it will help them get better" >_>

Apr 2, 2010 7:59 PM

Feb 2009
Both Shizuka's and Ashirogi's mangas were similar themed (i.e. dark and not mainstream) so if both had been serialized, they would have went up directly against each other for the weekly votes and neither manga would have beaten Eiji's stuff in ranking.
Apr 2, 2010 8:01 PM

Jun 2008
I hope that now they're motivated to think of something else. :P Awesome chapter!!!
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Apr 2, 2010 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
blah I liked the idea of money and intelligence returning. Shizuka will probably fail while they want better from Ashirogi if they are to get back in but it was too predictable they wouldn't. they are going to have to come up with something really really good I guess cause I thought KTM was good.
Apr 2, 2010 10:11 PM
Feb 2010
I think I have an idea as to why "it's for the best". Like someone else said, it's probably that the one to get serialized is the guinea pig.

Poor Shizuka, using him as a guinea pig. XD

Great chapter! I'm glad they decided to do Money and Intelligence. I always thought that it was their coolest series. ^_^
Apr 3, 2010 3:30 AM

Feb 2007
Something that really stood out for me in this chapter is the amount of time that has passed since they created Money and Intelligence. Bringing it back is good, but thinking that it would be their big hit was wishful thinking (Saiko and Hattori was probably aware of this). I think they'll be using their 4 years of experience to transform their core ideas (KTM) and make something unstoppable for the final serialization meeting.

Tanto's end was passed over quite quickly. I wanted to know how it's audience (the kids) reacted to its cancellation.
Apr 3, 2010 6:51 AM

Dec 2007
They didn't get serialized.

Refreshing chapter.
Apr 3, 2010 9:41 AM

Sep 2009
Lang said:
So who is this Minato person that Saiko talk about at the end?

Naruleach said:

Who is Minato!? I honestly don't remember him.

Legit..
Apr 3, 2010 11:57 AM

Aug 2008
Naruleach said:
Laevantein said:
Me too!! XP
Count me in too!! ahahahah... Man why we couldn't see that hahahaha...

Hmmm interesting chappie... I also liked the idea of the returning of Money and Intelligence returning... plus looks... the problem here lies in the possibilities of this manga... In fact this episode reminded me of the Two Worlds episode.... They were so confident that they would get in that they did three chapters and ended up throwing them to the river... to the waste... But this time I'm pretty sure Mashiro is sure of what to do, while the poor Takagi is the one who's in a horrible position IMO... He has to think even more than that!!! He shouldn't jus t hear to Miura 'cause we know that he's not the type you can confide in... SO he has to think up his, HIS ideas and work for HIM, not for Miura and in the shadows for Hattori....

Hmmm I wonder what happened to Tanto... How did the audience reacted... So that now we know that Ashirogi is not fit for Mainstream, they're ready to exploit their strengths... But just when they we're warming up, our dear friend Shizukas had to appear and get in... And that was good, since they have to give the opportunity to those new writers... anf that way the old ones will try even harder than before!!! I guess Minato (He's the Editor-in-Chief) is right to do this move... They have to try even harder!! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2010 7:22 PM
Nov 2008
Maybe KTM was very seinen like for Jump. u_u
Apr 3, 2010 8:31 PM

Feb 2007
rebwaters said:
Hmmm I wonder what happened to Tanto... How did the audience reacted... So that now we know that Ashirogi is not fit for Mainstream, they're ready to exploit their strengths... But just when they we're warming up, our dear friend Shizukas had to appear and get in... And that was good, since they have to give the opportunity to those new writers... anf that way the old ones will try even harder than before!!! I guess Minato (He's the Editor-in-Chief) is right to do this move... They have to try even harder!! XD

I just thought of the kids reaction to Tanto cancellation: BAAAAWWW

Is Minato really the Editor in Chief? I checked his character profile, and his name is Hisashi Sasaki. Maybe the second-in-command editor is Minato (I remember him saying something to Ashirogi when they wanted to quit Tanto).
Apr 3, 2010 9:54 PM

May 2009
I love Ashirogi's new direction, renewed drive and confidence. Same goes for Miura, even though he needed Hattori training wheels.

The glimpses into Takagi and Kaya's married life were amusing. There's definitely some sitcom material there.

In addition to pushing Ashirogi harder, I think that having a new face in Shizuka was probably something the editors found appealing. Also, I'm not sure how readers would react after seeing Ashirogi start a new project so soon after ending Tanto. There might be some confused kiddie readers out there otherwise.
Apr 4, 2010 4:55 AM

Jan 2008
Aw, KTM sounded really interesting... I'd read it if it were a real manga.

But I guess that means they'll have to come up with something new, which is interesting too...
Apr 8, 2010 9:10 AM
May 2009
I don't know about this plan about Miura or Hattori that Saiko's aware of. :c It's possible that True Human would be a guinea pig (*squeal*) but I think that its mangaka knows what appeals to Jump readers... since he's a lifelong fan and has many Jump volumes in his bookshelf. :v

It's refreshing that Bakuman's focusing on manga again in this chapter instead of romance and drama and all that. c: I hope they learn something! And, Takagi is likely feeling the pressure because he's now the breadwinner... has to take care of Kaya. Which brings me to another point, it would be cool to see Kaya with a job. Maybe a cell phone novelist? I don't know, but it probably wouldn't work. :o
Apr 10, 2010 3:36 AM

Jan 2009
Great chapter, have to say.

Made me all excited the whole length of chapter :D Was kinda amusing, too. The expressions looked nice and the art overall.
Apr 14, 2010 10:34 AM

Nov 2009
good chapter. Sucks they didn't get in, but i guess they'll just come up with something even more interesting~

lol nice to see Shizuka coming out of his shell XD
Oct 25, 2010 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
KTM didn't even make it.. I'm getting pissed =)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 4, 2011 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
Wow i'm starting to hate Miura even more. He just entirely repeats everything Hattori says. I wish he'd listen to what Hattori says and think about it and how that will help, not just become his lackey. Although i guess this has it's up side because it means that Hattori is basically their editor again.

I'm actually really glad they didn't get serialized. That would have been way too easy. Also Shizuka now getting a main part is awesome.
Jan 9, 2012 9:42 PM

Mar 2011
radiantfire said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The timeskips are so seamless. Anyway, I wonder what's going on.

That is a very good point and something that is easily overlooked. The fact that they are able to pass time without even a note saying something like "3 months later" shows the skill in crafting the story. Just another little detail that makes this manga great.

Jun 28, 2012 12:58 PM

Oct 2008
I think KTM is really interesting. Hmm.. They didn't get serialized but it's supposed to be a good thing? I don't understand it either. But Mashiro does. I'm so curious to find out! >_<

And who is this Minato?
Nov 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
MIA is good idea and all, but it's once again takagi's "old style" making a story around some single idea rather than telling the story.

i actually would wish to see miyoshi taking a bath, with or without takagi :p

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Feb 22, 2012

52 by Adriannitro »»
May 6, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.