Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, a full action packed episode. They weren't kidding about humanity fighting for what they have left remaining on their line.

Turns out, this episode had way more mech action than I had anticipated. Curious to see if the anime will also focus on the human lifestyle of the cast as the main characters are still in school. Well, there's some fous on that already but we'll see.
Oct 8, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
It's only Episode 2, but damn, Megaton Musashi doesn't give two flying effs about the stellar production that both OLM and Level-5 managed to produce.

And this series is A PAIN IN THE BUTT to not have subs, since this show is to promote the game that's coming out only in Japan.

The OST for this show is still very good. Love the banger opening from Day 1 and now with Nano's ED, this is shining good.

This is a FULL-ON action-packed episode where the 3 teenager leads Yamato, Ryuugo and Tera pilot the Musashi, and this high-quality production made me wander what's the purpose of leaving this out without CR, Funi or many others. It's honestly great and shows a lot of promise than other Mecha shows this season (well, besides 86).

The story itself still needs some headroom since this show (like the RPG game) is 20% story, 80% action. And with it, the seeds of fate have been sown for all characters involved in one way or another, while separate for now.

If this show gets subs, I would be more than elated to re-watch this again.
Oct 9, 2021 1:30 PM

Jun 2021
Meh episode

The problem with this episode is the fact that the MC is so confident and knowledgeable about Musashi, despite it being the first time riding it. The fact that he can come up with strategies and attacks on the fly felt really weird. It was almost like he was playing a video game (then again, this anime is just an ad for a video game so I guess that makes sense).

The VAs for the villains are amazing (Sawashiro, Sakurai and Cho is as good as it gets). Too bad their designs looked super generic.
Oct 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
Why am I pissed off that he ate dude's shrimp?!

I don't like the lead's bravado.
Oct 16, 2021 1:58 PM
Jun 2016
Change Getter 1!
Woops wrong series.
But seriously I know it's a logical idea to have a mecha be made of parts so it's easy to transport, but 3 parts and 3 pilots, that's a lot like Getter robo.

I think the action in this episode was really well done, same for the cgi,
I like the main guys way of doing things as he's doing things that normal people wouldn't do and that's what makes him so good.
Remember in episode one he beat those robots by fighting to the beat of the music.
I am looking for help on finding a anime that I may have forgotten to add to my list.

The name eludes me thus why i ask for help.

To narrow it down, it was magic themed, but in a modern setting, magic was unknown to common folks, main characters best friend is talking with a mage to help her get off a island she was trapped on, and in exchange she helps solve the mystery of how his sister died.
The magic had a cost of using silver for it?
Or just metal in general for it.

Any help would be apprecated as this has been driving me mad for some time now, I used to keep notes, but i lost those phyisical notes.
Oct 17, 2021 3:38 PM
Jan 2018
The revolver part was awful. And a lot of the cgi action is cringeworthy. But I like the generic MC. And the matrix info dump allowed us to bypass a loser pilot figuring out the basics. I much prefer an Amuro taking out 2 Zakus in 2 minutes to getting your ass kicked, passing out, and letting your mech do the heavy lifting, Eva style.

Gridman and Dynazenon perfected modern midair GATTAI, this show doesn't need to show the complexities of combination. It does show that some of the writers are mecha super fans. And others are not, which is why the finale of that landing was a wet fart. This show is like 4 separate things trying to be squashed together into one. Last arc DBZ Super style "sticker" linework and art. Eva and Gunbuster inspired black and white linework. Incredibly awful CGI mixed in with a few decent shots. And a totally serious story that also has no intention of having real stakes.

I want to quit this show. But I also want to see it get better. So I will split the difference and watch it a bit more.
Oct 18, 2021 10:51 AM
Jun 2019
What's up with all the people comparing this show to EVA? If anything, it's waaaaay more like Getter Robo. Probably people who's only experience of mecha is from NGE. I'm enjoying this a lot so far. Not sure where all the hate comes from
Oct 19, 2021 7:14 AM
Mar 2012
Lol classic shin getter robo style, super ridiculous to gattai in freefall but looks beautiful. So eye of Sauron made earth a donut interesting...
Way better than ep1. Epic cg mecha fight, fast action, good vfx, strong enemies that even use claws & shields skillfully, maybe best this season. Also unfortunate Muvluv's action is way worse in comparison.
Was gonna drop ep1, but great music cool OP, all star VAs, and the cg war quality is tops.
Trio mc personalities questionable, but I like Yamato's dbz hair.
Oct 21, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
the gattai or fusion sequence is cool

and that ED video song what a nice rotoscope dance scene
Oct 22, 2021 8:05 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Damn, it's so hard to find subs for this anime. It's a shame since there seems to be a lot of production power put into the fights. As to how the MC can come up with all those strategies almost on the spot, that's a different matter.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 8, 2022 6:41 PM

Mar 2013
This is actually quite cool. Glad I gave it a chance. All the Getter references are lovely.
Apr 4, 3:35 PM
Jul 2019
Nice first battle with Musashi. The attacks are so awesome and combine.

More topics from this board

» Coming Soon on Crunchyroll Worldwide

removed-user - Mar 28

3 by InNeedOfAName »»
Mar 28, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

7 by Rei_III »»
Oct 23, 2022 11:32 AM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2021

20 by Rei_III »»
Oct 23, 2022 6:28 AM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

6 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:08 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

8 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.