Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2021 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting start, hope it keeps it's pace, considering how the last half of Adventure 2020 really went downhill. But liking what I'm seeing so far.
Oct 3, 2021 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
vxnderground said:
SViper said:
One think bothers me is that at first episode Rookie beats Champion and next episode it will be against Ultimate, but a bit good part is it only beat that champion just enough make him retreat not completely kill it. Can't wait see future episodes.

I thought the same thing but I get the feeling it's going to be more like Xros Wars with less of an emphasis on levels. The OP showed three different Gammamon forms so maybe they're a new form of evolution how 02 and Frontier introduced armor and spirit evolutions.

These series Digivices are based Vital Bracelets that was released 2021-03-13 in Japan and May in USA, and even new version Vital Bracelet known as Digivice-V- was released 2021-10-02 in Japan too, old ones are know as Digital Monster. Plus all new 3 Digimon has shown are at Rookie stage and all evolutions revealed are at Champion stage, so Stage level concept exist, but probably regular levels concept like RPGs/Story series games of Digimon and even World Digimon games series training concept exists too. Plus they are partner Digimon, so they get extra powers from partners too.
SViperOct 3, 2021 3:39 PM
[size=0]
[/size]
Oct 3, 2021 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
Aojo said:
Well, I have to say I am very surprised by this episode. A Digimon that "eats" time from other things and beings? It was kind of creepy when we turned that girl and the boy into old people o.o
I found those moments to be disturbing, but in a delightful way. From the look on the first girl's face to her voice: I honestly felt like I was watching a Digimon Murder someone in cold blood. Now that helps both set the tone and sets some of the stakes for the show.

A solid first episode and I look forward to what is coming down the pipe.
Oct 3, 2021 6:24 PM

Feb 2016
SViper said:
vxnderground said:

I thought the same thing but I get the feeling it's going to be more like Xros Wars with less of an emphasis on levels. The OP showed three different Gammamon forms so maybe they're a new form of evolution how 02 and Frontier introduced armor and spirit evolutions.

These series Digivices are based Vital Bracelets that was released 2021-03-13 in Japan and May in USA, and even new version Vital Bracelet known as Digivice-V- was released 2021-10-02 in Japan too, old ones are know as Digital Monster. Plus all new 3 Digimon has shown are at Rookie stage and all evolutions revealed are at Champion stage, so Stage level concept exist, but probably regular levels concept like RPGs/Story series games of Digimon and even World Digimon games series training concept exists too. Plus they are partner Digimon, so they get extra powers from partners too.

Yeah as seen with the full vitality charge before Gammamon uses Breaclaw.
Oct 3, 2021 10:32 PM
Aug 2019
I actually never watched Digimon besides the original Digimon Adventure lol. This was really fun to watch, i'll follow it!
Oct 4, 2021 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
KingGarland said:
I really liked the paranormal investigative concept they are using for the show as I think it really works well with Digimon.
It also had a real Digimon Tamers feel to me with it seemingly being set in the real world, the two male and one female protags and the way the enemy digimon are more like mysterious phenomenon rather then just monsters.

I actually didn't noticed Digimon Tamers vibe myself till my 12 years old brother just said that it reminded that for him with Opening and at that point I was actually ashamed as he's oldest brother who introduced him to Digimon as well. xD
raifuresu said:
Forgot do comment about this last night. I'm very curious about this BlackTailmon in a hoodie.

Thank you for noting it, because I didn't released in that quick moment that it was BlackGatomon and thought it was new Digimon. And looks like these series will give some spotlight for it along side new look (Jacket with Hoodie and Backpack). :)
SViperOct 4, 2021 1:37 AM
[size=0]
[/size]
Oct 4, 2021 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, I just realized that Gammamon is voiced by Miyuki fucking Sawashiro of all people like what?!!!
Oct 4, 2021 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
overlordpringerx said:
Titadou said:
I just watched Toilet Bound Hanako-kun so I'm already into the "cute but maybe not so cute youkai setup". They're really running ouf ot ideas to come back to this classic trope tho. But... I like this better than appli monsters.

But come on... a digiwatch! could you at least try to not be too Youkai Watch ?...

By that logic Yokai watch stole Yokai medals from Digimon xros wars digimemories. Y'all really need to stop looking at a watch and a monster and scream "Yokai watch!" When other franchises like shin megami tensei already did that. Otherwise we're just going to have the "Pokemon rip-off" problem all over again, an inaccurate accusation based on superficial things. This is really just a digivice with with a wristband.

They could have made the ghost / youkai digimon series with something else than a watch, just sayin'
Oct 4, 2021 2:17 PM
Sep 2014
MC DOESN'T WEAR GOGGLES 0/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously tho, I'm really loving this already! Seems they're going to recycle some less used old Digimon and give them some nice settings like Clockmon this episode and Mummymon next (which I'm already excited about since I love ancient Egypt stuff in any form).

The opening is super catchy and the artstyle is really to my liking, a bit to the "too childish looking for me" side, but still very far for reaching that border.

The "Digimon posing as an urban legend/ghost" reminds me of those cases from Cyber Sleuth and and I loved the concept there.

Seems Gammamon will have multiple Armor-like evolutions, looking forward to that. And I already want to hug Angoramon so much, he's killing me with cuteness!

Kiyoshirou freaking out so much really cracked me up, I know I'm gonna like this character. Mine character is really interesting too, though they could make his hair look a bit better, but that's just a nitpick.

Speaking of Gammamon again, he's adorable as well! Also I'm really curious about that foreshadowing of Gammon becoming some scary evil Digimon (as implied when Clockmon forwarded his time for a brief moment).
Oct 4, 2021 4:31 PM
Nov 2011
Not a huge fan of the art style, but love the new digidesigns. Also, did he just defeat a champion level digimon as a rookie!? If he's already this absurdly OP, imagine how powerful that future version is him is gonna be damn
Oct 4, 2021 5:06 PM
May 2020
I’ll give it a couple more watches but it seems okay for now
Oct 5, 2021 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
I like the slightly more mature take on this one, i like how they used visual cues to convey some important plot points instead of bare exposition, which is something i hadnt liked about recent digimon entries.

I just hope it keeps going for this way and doesnt devolve into repetiveness and that stuff.
Oct 5, 2021 4:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting much from this Digimon series, but I like the first episode so far. Watching this show is like a breath of fresh air after the mediocre Digimon 2020 reboot because we have new characters and some new digimon. It's dark and mature tone really reminds me of Digimon Tamers and I really like Gammamon. This series could not come at a better time with Halloween right around the corner.
Oct 6, 2021 5:06 AM
Jan 2013
Wow Digimon Ghost Game shows a grand improvement over the lazy filler cgi trash that was Apill monsters and even the poorly written reboot.Its like the franchise pulled itself out of its rear end after years of dissapointment.

Actual threats to people even in the first episode.Interesting main leads.Not being too kiddy or shonen with its logic.

Will it mantain its quality?

Oct 6, 2021 12:23 PM
Sep 2014
One thing that crossed my mind: maybe Child level Gammamon was able to defeat Adult level Clockmon, because the first was fully materialized and the latter was not.
Oct 8, 2021 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
apokaliz500 said:
One thing that crossed my mind: maybe Child level Gammamon was able to defeat Adult level Clockmon, because the first was fully materialized and the latter was not.

Good theory.

I just realized that we kinda already know that in future they may introduce 4th Tamer, because I think they will want introduce mascot of Vital Bracelets Pulsemon in Anime where Vital Bracelets are Digivices and introduce him along side Human partner would be best approach for that.
[size=0]
[/size]
Oct 8, 2021 7:26 AM
Sep 2014
SViper said:
I just realized that we kinda already know that in future they may introduce 4th Tamer, because I think they will want introduce mascot of Vital Bracelets Pulsemon in Anime where Vital Bracelets are Digivices and introduce him along side Human partner would be best approach for that.

Yeah, it would be really fitting for Pulsemon to be here and I hope this prediction comes true!
Oct 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Nov 2014
SViper said:
vxnderground said:

Yeah, i think its been made clear multiple times along the many digimon series that digimons with tamers can become potentially more strong than the average, and also do it at a faster rate, so gammamon defeating clockmon isnt a surprise specially since he did it just after receiving hiro's support.

I rememeber in digimon tamers the whole impmon arc revolved around the idea of him being unable to get stronger, and only after he became friends and teamed with a girl he was able to evolve on belzebumon (from what i barely remember).
error5000Oct 8, 2021 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 2021 4:12 PM
Sep 2014
error5000 said:
I rememeber in digimon tamers the whole impmon arc revolved around the idea of him being unable to get stronger, and only after he became friends and teamed with a girl he was able to evolve on belzebumon (from what i barely remember).

More like he came back to the kids that were already his partners (which he left because the brats kinda abused him iirc), but the point is basically the same.
Oct 9, 2021 5:37 PM
Jan 2016
Pretty good. I'll keep watching. Interested to see how the vital bracelet plays into this.
Oct 27, 2021 5:16 PM

Dec 2015
Human designs are very ... typical of today,s children program s but the Digimon look like digimon
The episode is, as expected, very luch what you can expect from 1001 others.

I'm hearing Ishida within minutes of the first episode? Count me in.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Oct 28, 2021 10:52 PM

Dec 2019
Gammamon is so so cute!! I love that he calls himself his brother. Really interested to see where this goes since it is starting off very strong.
Nov 7, 2021 6:40 AM
Nov 2021
raifuresu said:
I'm waiting for subs so I only watched the op for now and it sure looks interesting and promising! Please, Toei, don't disappoint me again...
Situs ini sudah dilengkapi subtittle https://sameharaku.blogspot.com
Nov 8, 2021 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
I hope they dont drop the horror angle to this, I really like how they treated clockmon's attacks pretty horrifically for a kids anime.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 24, 2022 4:48 PM
Aug 2022
I liked this! My friend suggested this to me. I've never watched anything digimon except for that one movie I saw as a kid. I am very interested in the idea of horror stories in a digimon package though. I think this was a nice introduction. Not super exciting, but enough to get me interested in how it will go from here.
Dec 16, 2022 8:52 PM

Feb 2021
I never watched Digimon before but I played it on NDS with the emulator. I think that this one is quite interesting. Let's see what will happen on the next episode :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 6, 2023 2:29 PM
Oct 2020
Gammamon is so kawaii
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
I think digimon era is already over..
I will just skip this one 🥴

I don't want to ruin my own memories and gonna protect it..
They shoud have use other name beside "digimon" and think about new theme about monster..
Like pokemon or monster rancer..

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

16 by TripleC »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.