Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2021 5:45 AM

Feb 2015
People treat it like a sin but let's use Dark Souls as an example. If I'm trying to learn a boss and I get invaded by a player, I don't want to lose my embers. And then there's Mortal Kombat with the online fatalities....
Oct 2, 2021 5:55 AM

May 2021
To other players sure but if you are no longer motivated than I don't see any point in wasting any time in the game. I just straight up leave if I don't feel like playing without any care though that rarely happens
Oct 2, 2021 3:04 PM

Sep 2021
I wouldn't say so, though if I catch myself raging too much, I'll quit or take an indefinite break from the game as I do with league or dark souls 2
Oct 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Sep 2018
Rage quitting saves you time from bs so I think it is good. Ie Baal in Disgaea 5
Oct 2, 2021 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
Only if it is a multiplayer game.
Oct 2, 2021 4:56 PM
JoJo enthusiast

Dec 2020
Depends on the game and context.

It is, in my opinion, always OK to rage quit in a single-player game if you're not enjoying it. It doesn't affect anyone else, so that's entirely your decision to make. :)

In a multiplayer game, it's a case-by-case basis depending on said game's mechanics. For example, in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, if you rage quit in an online match, everyone else in the match won't be able to gain or lose GSP (essentially the game's point system, for those who haven't played Ultimate) and that is, in my opinion, never OK. It comes across as rather selfish IMO, and it annoys me so much when I'm one match away from getting into Elite Smash (basically a highly sought-after rank that few players can achieve) and I don't gain enough GSP because some salty player decided to rage quit. :(

However, if the game doesn't penalize other players for your disconnect, then I don't really see an issue with it. :P
The Sealing Club is back, baby!
Oct 2, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Its been years since I've done a rage quit. It was Dark Souls 3 doing the Midir fight for the first time, I was screaming at my t.v scream in pure rage at how unfair the fight was.

Whenever I do my yearly replay of Dark Souls 3, I always skip him, don't have the time or patience for him. I already killed him once, don't need to again lol

imo I'd say its good, lets you cool down and lets you go into the game the next day with a more clear head
Oct 2, 2021 6:04 PM

May 2021
Well yeah, of course it's bad.
Oct 2, 2021 7:18 PM
Aug 2011
MF_Kane said:
People treat it like a sin but let's use Dark Souls as an example. If I'm trying to learn a boss and I get invaded by a player, I don't want to lose my embers. And then there's Mortal Kombat with the online fatalities....

It doesn't really matter, but in social terms, rage quitting is equivalent to realizing you're losing at chess so you flip the board over, sending the pieces flying.

It just looks bad as social etiquette, because if people just terminate the game whenever they're a bit behind then it damages the entire multi-player experience for everyone. It also hinders you getting better at the game, since being in a tight spot and fighting back is good experience.
Oct 2, 2021 9:07 PM

Apr 2015
No, not if it's to save yourself frustration or from being placed in an unfair situation. I quit one match before because the host of it placed all the new players on my team and all the experienced players on theirs, and they just kept spawnkilling, even switched to our team briefly before the match started to see what we were playing, so they could switch to the classes that had an advantage. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, I'm not going to just keep subjecting myself to an unfun situation.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 2, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
Rage quitting in an online game, especially in a competitive setting, is scummy because essentially you're taking away an earned victory or guaranteeing a loss for another player and ultimately wasting the time of all players involved.

If it's a single player game than who cares.

Also your first example is kind of bad, if you're learning a boss why waste embers or simply use them closer to the boss and players can't invade you while fighting a boss so you basically played yourself.
Oct 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Jan 2018
Yep if you rage quit in my team then fuck you
Oct 2, 2021 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly if you're into a series like Fire Emblem and crap like this happens.

Then rage quitting is absolutely warranted. I could also talk about the VERY bad RNG in the older games starting from FE6 and prior buuuuuuuuuuuut I'm not lol

Oct 3, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
If that's a team game and you're putting your team in a bind by doing this then yeah it's a terrible behaviour, and to anyone doing that, please stick to single player games.
Oct 3, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
Zefyris said:
If that's a team game and you're putting your team in a bind by doing this then yeah it's a terrible behaviour, and to anyone doing that, please stick to single player games.

Sometimes its justified. I stopped playing Valorant because whiney players kept on throwing games on purpose when they didnt get their own way.
Oct 3, 2021 9:00 AM
Aug 2011
MF_Kane said:
Zefyris said:

Sometimes its justified. I stopped playing Valorant because whiney players kept on throwing games on purpose when they didnt get their own way.

"I don't like X game anymore" isn't what people mean by rage-quitting. You have to actually quit or do a "table flip" in the middle of a match for that to be rage quitting.

And those people throwing the game, they're basically doing a table-flip. Self-sabotage denies the other player of a sense of earned victory.
cipheronOct 3, 2021 9:07 AM
Oct 3, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
MF_Kane said:
Zefyris said:

Throwing a game is just another version of rage quitting. You're justifying rage quitting conceptually as a response to rage quitting. Like if I see a person trying to sabotage a game before going to say a vote to surrender option I will actively sabotage the vote just to make them stay in the game they are throwing.
Oct 3, 2021 6:15 PM

Sep 2019
Its only a problem if its multiplayer, especially if your the one who's hosting and you leaving kicks literally everyone.
Oct 8, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2020
In a single player game it's fine imo, but if the quitting can impact other players online then I think it's bad

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 8, 2021 11:46 PM

Mar 2021
I mean, maybe? It's your choice honestly. However, I sometimes feel guilty doing it and always try to play it again.

Oct 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Sep 2011
It depends on the game. If you are playing a game on a competitive setting with teammates, rage quitting is extremely bull that you just ruined the game for everyone. If you can not handle situations that you may end up rage quitting on competitive games, it is best for you not to play competitive games at all and you will not be wasting everyone's time, including yourself.

Oct 16, 2021 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Like, if you rage over a game you have anger management issues. And that's a problem, like physically for your health. And it could also get you into a different kind of trouble. No one should rage over media.
Oct 17, 2021 9:49 PM
Jul 2017
If it's like a competitive game like Apex or valorant then yeah it's really bad but if it's just some random single player game then it's whatever
Oct 18, 2021 3:53 AM

Sep 2020
If it's anything online it's bad. If it's offline it's just soft.
"My la fleur planting haunted gardens
Where the scars are formed
Pluck my heart like harpsichords
'Til one of ours will wash ashore
Baited breath til sharks'll swarm
Bay of pigs we're art of war
Bayonets I'm marching toward
Lately I've been Lobster Boy" 
                                                  - Sadistik

Oct 18, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2020
As a Hearthstone Wild Player,
If im going against Quest Mage or Ignite Mage or Pirate Warrior,
I always quit.

No point in making your head & mood bad if you just want to have fun.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Oct 20, 2021 4:38 AM
May 2021
On the one hand, yes. Often people leave, and yet our team wins - especially in MOBA games. However, this is a form of discipline more than once. For example, when I choose a character and someone on my team specifically picks up the hero, I don't waste time playing with such an idiot
Oct 23, 2021 7:50 AM

Aug 2018
it's okay to rage quit, even irl
Oct 24, 2021 2:20 AM

Sep 2007
MeanMrMusician said:
I mean, maybe? It's your choice honestly. However, I sometimes feel guilty doing it and always try to play it again.

^ This. I usually just a take a break and cool down for awhile.
Oct 24, 2021 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
I don't care about single player games or pvp where it's only you, but if you RQ in a team game I'm gonna find you and make sweet love to your mother.

Unless you are on the opposing team. In that case feel free to punch your monitor.
Oct 24, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
It's not that bad.I'm rage quitting when I play fifa against some hacking fools or lucky chumps but it's not really that big of a problem.It's even funny and motivational
Oct 26, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
At least you're saving yourself some extra headaches by quitting at some point.

Things just get worse if you get salty and keep playing.

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
47 minutes ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 10 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
10 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.