Forum Settings
Forums

'Date A Live IV' Reveals Additional Staff, Postponed Broadcast

New
Sep 10, 2021 3:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
The official website for the fourth season of the Date A Live anime series revealed additional staff and the first promotional video on Friday. The new season, originally scheduled to broadcast in Fall 2021, will now air in 2022.

Staff
Sub-character Design: Shiori Tanaka (Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou animation director)
Mechanical Design: Mika Akitaka (Strike the Blood), Yasuhiro Moriki (Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash)
Art Director: Junki Nakata (Persona 5 the Animation TV Specials episode art director)
Color Design: Hitomi Ikeda (Plunderer)
Director of Photography: Keisuke Nozawa (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)
CG Director: Kenichi Shirai (Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu)
Special Effects, 2D Works: Noriko Mashiko (Strike Witches)
Editing: Masato Yoshitake (SSSS.Gridman)
Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina (Katanagatari)
Music Production: Nippon Columbia

Jun Nakagawa (Date A Bullet: Dead or Bullet) is helming the anime at GEEK TOYS. Fumihiko Shimo (Musaigen no Phantom World) is handling the series composition, and Naoto Nakamura (Egao no Daika) is designing the characters. Gou Sakabe (Date A Live) is composing the music.

Date A Live adapts Koushi Tachibana's sci-fi romance light novel, which he launched under the Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label in March 2011 with illustrations by Tsunako. Kadokawa published the 22nd and final volume last March.

AIC Plus+ produced the first anime season in Spring 2013. The second season by Production IMS premiered in 10 episodes the following Spring. The Date A Live: Mayuri Judgment anime film screened in Japan in August 2015. Date A Live III, the third and latest season by J.C.Staff, aired in Winter 2019.

PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotJan 17, 2022 12:50 AM
Sep 10, 2021 4:32 PM

Jan 2021
Fall has been ruined.

But hey that PV looked very good.
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 10, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Well said, at least no more waiting for updates and I understand the COVID-19 situation which is affecting the workforce which is why it's postponed.

2021 has been a shit year for anime, and the fact that I dropped anime which are Jaku-chara Tomozaki, Ex-Arm and Fruits Basket The Final, I mean they're just terrible to be honest.

Onto 2022, and let's see what happens from there.
Sep 10, 2021 4:48 PM

Oct 2010
crap, I was waiting for this, well, can't do anything but wait for 2022
Sep 10, 2021 5:46 PM

Sep 2020
The good thing is that we have more time to read the novels.
Mukuro is so cute on this PV omg
Sep 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
And I was really looking forward to this too but on the plus side, the production of s4 is looking great.
Sep 11, 2021 12:45 AM

Apr 2012
It's funny to remember that once upon a time this franchise was just a silly sci-fi harem with no big ambitions.
Sep 11, 2021 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
As if this has any impact of Fall 2021 being amazing.
Sep 11, 2021 5:46 AM

Jan 2021
First it was Shield Hero, now this.
Sep 11, 2021 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
Shame on the delay, but at least the PV already looks better than the whole of S3 did. I rather that they take their time, instead of giving us disappointing quality again.
Sep 11, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2017
Darn it! I was really looking forward to this! Oh, well, as long as the show is good, the studio can take as many time as it needs.
Sep 11, 2021 10:08 AM

Aug 2020
A shame we gotta wait until 2022, but I was very impressed with the PV. DAL is in good hands and I'm glad they did it justice compared to S3. Can't wait for it
Sep 11, 2021 1:04 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
MegamiRem said:
And I was really looking forward to this too but on the plus side, the production of s4 is looking great.

I had yet to check the PV, damm, it is really looking sweet, at least a noticeable improvement from S3.

Gotta say I wish Origami arc had this kind of animation to it...
Sep 11, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2017
No matter how long it takes, i'm gonna wait for this ._.
Oct 18, 2021 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
it really sucks this got delayed, and i'm irritated about that. plus i wish that there was a Season listed in DAL S4 2022 like 'Shield Hero S2' got in its delay announcement.

but! if Mr. Jun from GeekToys is the boss? whew, i loved their job on the Date A Bullet movies... that was some kick-ass work! so, if they need more time to do some more buttkicking in a TV format? and if that PV is any indication of their EARLY releasable scenes?! stuff that Mr. Jun thinks is OK to show and ready for the public?! this is going to be the best TV season for DAL yet!

i bet the folks at Funimation are drooling over that PV and are heating up the contracts to get all... AND I DO HOPE ALL!! the English staff back into DAL and HOPEFULLY! back into the studios in Texas and recording some in-house quality stuff!

i love love Funi's 'DubFromHome' program and i'm just damn happy they're keeping SOME form of schedule... but if Railgun S3 from Funi was any indication... and FireForceS2... and the few episodes of other shows here and there i watched dubbed since COVID stuck the Funi staff in their houses... there's ALOT of work that needs to be done with the talents' home-studios and the PC programs to improve recording quality, organizing, scheduling, the staff's workloads and production schedules... to put out shows in some form of reasonable timeline in comparison to the Japanese episodes' releases.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

» 'Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Ojisan' Reveals Supporting Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 26

3 by Fabris »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Sousou no Frieren' Gets Second Season ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

71 by TRC_Randy »»
17 minutes ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

93 by RobertBobert »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Maou-sama Retry! R' Announces New Cast and Staff, 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Mar 15

8 by Megadoomer125 »»
1 hour ago

» Shaft Produces 'Virgin Punk' Original Anime Series

Vindstot - Sep 16

22 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.