Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 4, 2021 1:02 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
the name of the Episode was really fitting. Good backstory

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 1:13 PM

Mar 2017
Twice… if he’d met someone like Deku when he was younger his life could’ve been so different!

I loved the irony of the Liberation Army trying to use his trauma against him actually resulting in freeing him from it… and it’s made him a VERY powerful enemy!
Sep 4, 2021 1:15 PM

Mar 2017
cereensaahin said:
ok im an anime only so please do not spoil anything but are we going to get dabi’s backstory this season? or ever for that matter cuz i feel like he is gonna be someone very important as nothing about him is known (real name, backstory, even the name of his quirk which is like legit the one thing we know about the villians prior to this arc)

No we’re not. He’s backstory doesn’t feature in this arc but hints about his backstory (like the reveal that his quirk burns him) are in this season
Sep 4, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2017
DeonX said:
Damn Twice sure has been through a lot. Well now he doesn't doubt himself anymore and can use his powers to their full extent.

Toga is still unconscious.

Dabi is struggling against the ice user.

Shigaraki with the decay though! It's as if his decay can decay anything and can even spread to some extent now. Is it because of the experiment he went through?

Anyway it was a decent episode.

He hasn’t been through an experiment yet, that scene actually takes place in the future. The story right now is set a few months in the past.

His quirk sort of upgraded due to pushing past his limits (similar to what Class A did through their classes)
Sep 4, 2021 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
Why episodes about villain are always much more enjoyable in this show? And why there's so few of them?
Sep 4, 2021 2:16 PM

Jul 2021
Tbh im not enjoying mva arc cause im watching mha because i love charecters like deku and i want to see them. Im not that interested in the villians i don't really care
Sep 4, 2021 3:31 PM
May 2018
Best episode this season, no doubt about it, boy it took time, but I'm so glad we're here. Twice is so cool and his backstory is just great, best villain in bnha easily.
There could have been less still frames, but I like how this part of the saga was adapted, finally.
Sep 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
Twice went all out by creating the whole army o_o It was very Plus Ultra! Also, great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 4, 2021 4:19 PM
Dec 2020
The soundtrack for this episode was very good
Sep 4, 2021 4:34 PM

Jul 2014
pretty terrible arc with a plot meant for 12 year olds I might just drop this show entirely, last couple of arcs people have been "hyping" (manga readers) only to turn into a disappointment, this one is not an exception.
Sep 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Jan 2020
This was better. I like the focus on twice and it does make my happy that he's getting time to shine

Also shigaraki's fight is pretty exciting

Sep 4, 2021 5:09 PM

Apr 2010
Again villains I couldn't care 2 shits about? How long will these episodes last? This season is utter garbage tbh
Sep 4, 2021 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Twice going crazy and overcoming his trauma was amazing! Loving this arc so far
https://malsignature.com/?/view?username=RubyDoesStuff&style=normal
removed-userSep 4, 2021 5:24 PM
Sep 4, 2021 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
my god what an awesome episode, the plot of the episode itself was awesome o with the villains fights it's good to know that at least one member of the villains saving his mates is worrying about They liked it a lot and not to mention that the animation was great, it's amazing.
Sep 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty "insane" episode. Twice backstory was sad. His parents died when he was young and from there on he was always alone which can lead to the problems he got into. The league of villains really was a light at then end of the tunnel for him.

His bond with Toga was so strong that he even managed to overcome his trauma which is crazy with knowing how fragile he was all this time. His quirk shifted the advantage the liberation army had a little bit more towards our villains.

Dabi also seems to have a hard time against that ice guy. I'm so curious about his backstory and what happened to him for having this weird looking skin. Was it maybe because he overused his quirk and burned himself so badly? Even if it's not in this season I hope at least in the next one we get more information about that.

Now with Gigantomachia on the way our Shigaraki and Co. only need to stall for time. I'm pretty sure when he arrives it's an easy win for our villains.

Re-Destro has an interesting ability even if I don't know what's up with his skin. As more as he uses his quirk as more of his skin gets darker. Shigaraki just casually destroying the whole tower in just touching it lol. The next episode should be fun with Re-Destro vs Shigaraki. Can't wait to see this.

Sep 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Jul 2016
When villains try to break you but end up curing your trauma instead. Now Twice can take over an entire city or small country if he feels like it.

Also, "Sad Man’s Parade" is such a good name for his clone attack.
Sep 4, 2021 9:04 PM
Aug 2018
A better episode than the others, glad that it didn’t skipped things this time. Hope that the next episodes will be fine.
Reviewing is not easy.
Sep 4, 2021 9:37 PM
Oct 2007
Theorically, the concept for this arc should be good/epic but somehow I'm just not feeling it once again this season (first being To Your Eternity last arc).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 9:58 PM

Feb 2021
Kobeanie said:
DeonX said:
Damn Twice sure has been through a lot. Well now he doesn't doubt himself anymore and can use his powers to their full extent.

Toga is still unconscious.

Dabi is struggling against the ice user.

Shigaraki with the decay though! It's as if his decay can decay anything and can even spread to some extent now. Is it because of the experiment he went through?

Anyway it was a decent episode.

He hasn’t been through an experiment yet, that scene actually takes place in the future. The story right now is set a few months in the past.

His quirk sort of upgraded due to pushing past his limits (similar to what Class A did through their classes)

Ah I see. I was a bit confused because of the pacing. Thanks for clearing that up!

Sep 4, 2021 10:03 PM

Dec 2020
I am quite lost in this season, especially after the first half (where class A and class B fight). So, does anyone know where I can find a summary for the events so far because I can't understand a thing from every new episode
Sep 4, 2021 10:51 PM

Aug 2020
I'm lost too; I loved this anime because I struggle with understanding things and now it's turned into another anime I can't understand??
Sep 4, 2021 11:33 PM
May 2021
Another great episode!
The emotional and dramatic burden he had with him and the chaotic life he showed twice and the fear he rejected! This episode clearly tells us that even a bad person understands the value of friendship.
He told us that not everyone was bad from the beginning.
Undoubtedly, this episode impressed me!
I look forward to the next episode!
Sep 5, 2021 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
Nobody wants to be labeled bad. Its the damn society that makes them do. This episode shines Twice as the best hero he could be.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 5, 2021 1:14 AM
Sep 2021
Another great episode!
The emotional and dramatic burden he had with him and the chaotic life he showed twice and the fear he rejected! This episode clearly tells us that even a bad person understands the value of friendship.
He told us that not everyone was bad from the beginning.
Undoubtedly, this episode impressed me!
I look forward to the next episode!
Sep 5, 2021 2:53 AM
Feb 2021
best episode in this season so far, felt exactly how I felt when i started watching mha for the first time, feels good that my villain academia arc finally started
Sep 5, 2021 3:03 AM

Oct 2008
i think re-Destro's only gonna make Shigaraki much stronger and more pissed-off!
Twice also powered-up! damn so many clones like its flooding! lolz
also Machia is also coming for them! damn! this gonna be chaos!!
i hope Toga Himiko survives this! she's my fave char!
5/5.

Sep 5, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2015
Twice is more like ininitice.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 5, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2013
Not as interesting and intense as the previous episode. But was that a Terminator 2 reference??
Sep 5, 2021 6:00 AM

Aug 2021
Finally, a good episode... But it is not the best and this season has not lived up to my expectations so far.

Sep 5, 2021 6:26 AM

May 2018
Nice to see that Twice has overcome his trauma. I do feel that everyone powering up suddenly is too much of an asspull here though
Sep 5, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
the animation suddenly looks so much better and cooler, as if they've been saving energy for MVA lol. this ep is insaneeee. after that backstory, man, i think twice is my new favorite character.
Sep 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
cereensaahin said:
ok im an anime only so please do not spoil anything but are we going to get dabi’s backstory this season? or ever for that matter cuz i feel like he is gonna be someone very important as nothing about him is known (real name, backstory, even the name of his quirk which is like legit the one thing we know about the villians prior to this arc)
Not in this season. That's all I can say without spoiling.
Sep 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
The my villain academia arc is amazing. It honestly makes me want to see the villains succeed over the heroes.

Sep 5, 2021 8:29 AM
Dec 2020
Very good episode, really liked Twice backstory
Sep 5, 2021 10:21 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was so good! Twice is a such lovable character! The fight between Shigaraki and Re Destro will be interesting!
Sep 5, 2021 11:05 PM
Aug 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the despair on Twice's face...that's terrible. And honestly, I'm not surprised to see him that way after what happened to Toga. She's one of the characters that is closest to him.

This episode felt like a character study of Twice. In different ways, this episode was sad, dramatic, and dark all the same time. Also got to see some of the other villains' roles like Shigaraki, Dabi, etc.

Twice was the most entertaining part of the episode though.

totally agree, I loved twice in this episode
Sep 5, 2021 11:09 PM
Aug 2017
KOTFTW said:
Not as interesting and intense as the previous episode. But was that a Terminator 2 reference??

nice catch! I love references like this.
Sep 6, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2021
this episode was the best one so far, tbh i did not really like this season till this ep, but loved to see some clarification on twice and his trauma. he is definitely one of my favourite characters
Sep 6, 2021 10:56 PM

Apr 2014
The evil Twice clones could break Twice’s buff arms like they were nothing, but the clones struggled to break a high school girl’s neck?
Sep 7, 2021 9:44 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was pretty nice, that ice dude is a cool villain. So far we haven't seen the magician and that lizard guy do anything, they are barely doing anything in that fight, they are basically getting carried by the clone dude at this point.

Anyway, this is a 4/5 episode for me, next episode seems to be promising as well.
Sep 9, 2021 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm felt like excessive rambling.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 11, 2021 3:46 PM

Feb 2021
man i love twice, such a good boi
*simping over 2D characters*
Sep 11, 2021 9:46 PM
Aug 2017
Holy shit twice is fucking op lol wth??
Sep 12, 2021 9:07 PM

Jan 2021
It’s been a while since I’ve herd the league of villains soundtrack they need to use it more often
Sep 13, 2021 6:07 AM

Mar 2016
Although this ep is far from perfect, it adapted Twice's backstory really well, though there's barely any time at all to take it all in when Twice suddenly manages to overcome his trauma and use the Sad Man's parade, welp, that's what happens when each ep is the equivalent to 4 chapters.

Now the time is nigh for Shigaraki to take the spotlight once again, his majestic psychopathic past will be revealed in the next brutal ep!
Sep 13, 2021 6:01 PM
Dec 2019
Look perhaps it's good episode specially when he rid of his psychic issue ;but still stretching season to me with poor development of main story for Deco
Sep 16, 2021 10:42 PM

Aug 2021
Twice was cool with the traumatic past of his
Re-destro vs Shigaraki now :D
Sep 18, 2021 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
The army of Twice was hilarious to watch. All hail the city of villains!

Re-Destro is way more op than he looks. Although it seems Shigaraki can still keep with him to some extent.
Sep 18, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was very enjoyable!

The major focus of this one was the development of Twice, or Jin Bubaigawara (his real name). Seeing the situation that Toga was in made him desperate to do whatever he could to save her and once Skeptic used his puppets to break his arms he realized that he wasn't a clone. For more of an explanation within the episode there is a flashback of Jin's introduction to Giran in which he explains that his doubles break if they experience damage equivalent to a broken bone. The fact that Twice experienced two broken bones and didn't disappear meant that he was the real deal. From that point on he was ready to create an army of himself to assist all of his comrades.

From that point they confront Re-Destro and try to rescue Giran while buying time for Gigantomachia's arrival. Re-Destro informs us on the history of meta abilities/quirks and Destro's initial objective with his revolution.

I'm exciting for what I'm about to see in the next episode as the preview has me really curious.
Sep 18, 2021 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Tomura undoing the name of villains about his group and a lot has changed in this episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.