Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2021 12:44 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Voice Actor Miyu Irino announced his marriage on his agency's website on Friday. The voice actor said he would continue his career.

"To everyone who supports me, I am sorry for bringing up my personal affairs during such a difficult time, but I would like to announce that I have gotten married. I will continue to aim for new heights as an actor, voice actor, and artist, driven by my curiosity and aspirations. Thank you for your continued cooperation," Irino said.

Irino's notable roles as a voice actor include Haku in Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away), Jinta Yadomi in Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day), Shouya Ishida in Koe no Katachi (Silent Voice), and Todomatsu Matsuno in Osomatsu-san (Mr. Osomatsu).

Irino will be starring as Mirai Kakehashi in the television anime adaptation of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Platinum End manga this Fall.

Source: Oricon News
VindstotSep 3, 2021 5:51 PM
Sep 3, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
y'know with the plethora of female seiyuu announcing their marriages recently it's nice to get a male one once in a while :P
Sep 3, 2021 5:07 PM

Jun 2017
Short_Circut said:
y'know with the plethora of female seiyuu announcing their marriages recently it's nice to get a male one once in a while :P

Indeed, I also like the trend that now if a Japanese voice actor does choose to go public with an engagement it's more celebrated now with positivity. I believe this also extends to beyond to even Singers as well.
Sep 3, 2021 5:28 PM
Feb 2017
Eifue said:
Short_Circut said:

Indeed, I also like the trend that now if a Japanese voice actor does choose to go public with an engagement it's more celebrated now with positivity. I believe this also extends to beyond to even Singers as well.

That's a great change, I mean at least he got it better than the seiyuu LEGENDS that got wed before him...
I mean, remember the time Aya Hirano fans started throwing away her albums after it came to light that she had fucked one of her bandmates?

Oh, and who could forget this?

As you see above, our man Hiroshi Kamiya got photographed with HIS baby and if you translate the kanji to his left, it says "Actually, I'm MARRIED".

Thus, Kamiya stans lost their ABSOLUTE SHIT to the point where he had no choice but to apologize for "betraying" them.
After that it was just laughed off and later ACTUALLY PARODIED in Saiki K (guess who voiced Saiki!).
Sep 3, 2021 6:31 PM
Jan 2017
Congratulations!
Sep 3, 2021 8:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
wow congratulations sora

Sep 3, 2021 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
Eifue said:
Short_Circut said:

@eze_tielve Well, that's why there is a belief in fandom that if VA announces their marriage, then their career is either hopeless, or they are already enough stars not to worry about it. That's why the 2019 wedding rush at IMAS was such a positive development. I'm glad to see that even VA from some big yuri-bait franchises like Ayaneru are no longer afraid to speak directly about their dreams of getting married and becoming a parent. However, even that did not stop many people from believing that she was in love with HanaKana, a yuri fantasies, you know.
Sep 4, 2021 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
Irino will be starring as Mirai Kakehashi in the television anime adaptation of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Platinum End manga this Fall.
Also appearing on the recently announced Heike Monogatari next Winter.

I'm sad all of my top 3 fav. seiyuu are taken w. this news, but life must go on.
tsubasaloverSep 4, 2021 1:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2021 6:20 AM

May 2019
Seeing a picture of a person in the news on this site is either a marriage or a death. Always glad to see that it's a marriage.
Sep 4, 2021 6:33 AM

Jan 2009
Totty got married!!!

This is totes welcome news. All the best to him and the missus.
Sep 4, 2021 9:31 AM

Feb 2021
Congratulations!! I wish happiness and great health to them!!

Mako995 said:
Voice Actor Miyu Irino announced his marriage on his agency's website on Friday. The voice actor said he would continue his career.

"To everyone who supports me, I am sorry for bringing up my personal affairs during such a difficult time, but I would like to announce that I have gotten married. I will continue to aim for new heights as an actor, voice actor, and artist, driven by my curiosity and aspirations. Thank you for your continued cooperation," Irino said.

Irino's notable roles as a voice actor include Haku in Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away), Jinta Yadomi in Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day), Shouya Ishida in Koe no Katachi (Silent Voice), and Todomatsu Matsuno in Osomatsu-san (Mr. Osomatsu).

Who is the bride is there any news?
Sep 4, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Congratulations! Sir
Sep 4, 2021 12:58 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Sentarou_kun said:

Mako995 said:

Doesn’t seem so.
Sep 4, 2021 1:15 PM

Feb 2021
Mako995 said:
Sentarou_kun said:

Doesn’t seem so.

What do you mean? I don't understand you.
Sep 4, 2021 1:18 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Sentarou_kun said:
Mako995 said:

Doesn’t seem so.

As in there doesn’t seem to be any mention of who.
Sep 4, 2021 1:19 PM

Feb 2021
Mako995 said:
Sentarou_kun said:

As in there doesn’t seem to be any mention of who.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer!
Sep 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
How nice! I wish the best for him and his wife.

It´s so stupid to get pissed off with your fave seiyuu/singer´s marriage. As true fans, we should cheer for their happiness. It´s not like we will ever get a chance to date them anyways :v
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Sep 4, 2021 11:54 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverSep 5, 2021 12:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 5, 2021 12:21 AM

Jan 2020
Congrats to him, but anyone else thought it was Miyano Mamoru at first? Especially with the hair. I really got confused lo because Mamo is married.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 5, 2021 2:40 AM

May 2009
May both of them be happily married for a very long time :D
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Sep 5, 2021 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
samashi20 said:
Congrats to him, but anyone else thought it was Miyano Mamoru at first? Especially with the hair. I really got confused lo because Mamo is married.

Funny that you say that. I personally think that when he lowers his voice in some instances he sounds like Mamo haha.

Very happy about this news. From what I can tell, this has been very well received by his fans. I suspect part of the reason for that has to do with how he manages his public image. Even though he is a Kiramune member, he has always carried himself more as an artist than an idol. Also, as far as I can tell, he does not indulge in fanservice and fan fantasies (he avoids talking about his personal life and does not engage in talks about romance). And he keeps his profile on social media low.
Wish both of them a long, happy and wonderful married life!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.