Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, chaos and drama everywhere going on this episode.

Not surprised that Sally would try and help her friends due to her selfless nature. The surprising factor of the episode imo is Todoroki. Definitely a character to not overlook but yikes, he also took some awful damage this episode.
Sep 2, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
Winnie to the rescue to save Hawthorn's ass...more like giving a sword that's originally Frau's: one of Heaven's Treasures "Air" against Todoroki.

The onslaught fight between humans, demihumans and demons continue, and they vary in difference. Frau having used her full demonic powers, Carrot weeping at havng to kill her comrade, and Hawthorn almost ending Todoroki's life from his hatred of Todoroki killing Balsas.

But they have to move quickly into this "Regidia" land which prohibits the discrimination of demi-humans, and Sally lends her hand towards Todoroki in their journey. He can be quite a tsundere, but he decides to go it off on his own. The con of Sumeragi to slain Todoroki to meet his end, what waste.

Forget Regidia, I already know what's gonna happen for the last 2 episodes.
Also BTW, this episode IMO would have been the perfect shuffled ending for a cliffhanger.

FYI as a reminder: those who have been religiously watching the chronological order,
you've finished watching the anime!
KANLen09Sep 2, 2021 7:33 AM
Sep 2, 2021 8:15 AM
Dec 2020
I really hate sally…I just can’t help it
Sep 2, 2021 8:19 AM
Jun 2012
Ordinarily I would never complain. But whoever decided to air this out of order should be blacklisted from ever working in the industry again. Most of it could be looked past in the beginning but characters showing up that you haven't even met is just dumb. This could have been more popular then it is.
Sep 2, 2021 8:37 AM
Jan 2021
Should I continue or just binge it?
It's just so confusing with the messed up order
Sep 2, 2021 8:45 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
*sigh* That would have made an alright cliffhanger ending as the actual last episode
Sep 2, 2021 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I like characters like Sumeragi.
Sep 2, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2021
Ugh I was yelling at the screen for Carrot to go over to where Todoriki is
Sep 2, 2021 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Confused as always, but what irritates me is the outcome of situations.

The long-armed ogre's weakness was a wall, ???????? WHAT?!
The Boy died in the middle of the road and nobody saw the body there.
In the last episode, Meki could have had her head blown off, but no......
Sep 2, 2021 9:29 AM

Sep 2015
DKDiabloLicht said:

Glad I wasn't the only one, I was very impatient having her and the mid-ogre finishing their conversation after battle.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 2, 2021 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Wow jeez, the ending makes no sense, Todoroki meets Sumeragi, decides to go aggressive on him despite in his weakened condition, what did he seek to accomplish by revealing to Sumeragi what he knew?

So despite that he does not trust him, he does not even try to play along to keep himself safe or cover up. And tries to at least find out more things about Sumeragi.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 2, 2021 9:33 AM
Jul 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Glad I wasn't the only one, I was very impatient having her and the mid-ogre finishing their conversation after battle.

Seriously I'm like HURRY up and show this kid you aren't dead or open your damn mouth Hawthorne! I'm glad he at LEAST explained that he probably could have ended it if he had done that better. Also I like Winnie. I had totally forgotten that Mikoto got KO'd. I seriously am going to have to rewatch this again with "Watch Order" or just from the beginning, the out of order stuff has made me get stuff mixed up and misremember certain things. But this really is a decent Anime, it's too bad it's not more popular.
Sep 2, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2021
Holy crap, That ending 👎😩. I was soo happy that Todoroki was still alive after the slash! But this MF slimeball had to kill him. If ONLY he grabbed Sally's hand, but I guess we "needed" to see that this dude was a slimeball, although everyone who's watched any television ever knew he was a scumbag. Side note that ED is great 👍, it reminds me of some other show but I can't think of it and it's bugging me.
Sep 2, 2021 10:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that's kinda sad how they spared Todoroki and kinda made up with him but he just got so easily killed at the end :/
Sep 2, 2021 3:25 PM

Jun 2017
Ashhk said:
Damn that's kinda sad how they spared Todoroki and kinda made up with him but he just got so easily killed at the end :/

I have good implications for you regarding that....but only if we ever get an S2. lol
I recommend reading the manga if you don't wanna wait.
Sep 2, 2021 3:31 PM
Dec 2020
pretty solid episode, so far this series is probably a 6/10, just because my expectations were kinda high coming in, but its still a decent watch indeed.
some people...
Sep 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
-Flaky- said:
I really hate sally…I just can’t help it

True that. The worst kind of protagonist.
A sociopath, who is like "coexistence between demons and humans", despite it being absurdly impossible and makes it obvious, that she does it merely for her sick and twisted desire of self gratification and virtue signalling.
Typical Mary Sue, goodie two shoes character.

Those kind of protagonists are getting more common, unfortunately.

Sep 2, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2021
Man, I just love Winnie's character. She just suddenly appeared to save Hawthorn's ass by giving him an OP sword.

On the contrary, I'm not fond of Sumeragi's character. He just killed one of his allies. I just can't understand his motives. He said that he's the pioneer of the coexistence line but all he does is let the oni and humans kill each other. Like, what the hell? It's the same as the episode sequence, it's so messed up 😅
Sep 2, 2021 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
the fight finally ended and there were many deaths throughout the episode the outcome of this arc was very nice, there were bad things and there were good things this leader of the ogre he must be hiding something in his race he doesn't seem to be an ogre.
Sep 2, 2021 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
KANLen09 said:
Winnie to the rescue to save Hawthorn's ass...more like giving a sword that's originally Frau's: one of Heaven's Treasures "Air" against Todoroki.

The onslaught fight between humans, demihumans and demons continue, and they vary in difference. Frau having used her full demonic powers, Carrot weeping at havng to kill her comrade, and Hawthorn almost ending Todoroki's life from his hatred of Todoroki killing Balsas.

But they have to move quickly into this "Regidia" land which prohibits the discrimination of demi-humans, and Sally lends her hand towards Todoroki in their journey. He can be quite a tsundere, but he decides to go it off on his own. The con of Sumeragi to slain Todoroki to meet his end, what waste.

Forget Regidia, I already know what's gonna happen for the last 2 episodes.
Also BTW, this episode IMO would have been the perfect shuffled ending for a cliffhanger.

FYI as a reminder: those who have been religiously watching the chronological order,
you've finished watching the anime!

Wouldn't they have finished it last week? Wikipedia says the flashback episode was 12 in the chronological order.
Sep 2, 2021 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
"Oh hey Winnie it's good to see you again."
Us the Viewers: Wait...what??

Gotta love it.

People hate Sally? There's worse MC's out there then her. The whole point of the story is coexistence between Ogres and Humans. I think the fact she has the Peach Boy powers is actually cool.

Frau is still the GOAT tho
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 2, 2021 11:06 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, I was glad Todoroki survived Hawthorn's attack only to be killed by Sumeragi bruh. I really like Winnie, she got a great personality plus she thicc and provides op swords. Since we're gonna backtrack to the forest arc for the season finale, we're gonna get more of her so that's nice.
Sep 3, 2021 12:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
MomoSinX said:
Ashhk said:

I have good implications for you regarding that....but only if we ever get an S2. lol
I recommend reading the manga if you don't wanna wait.
With how "random" the broadcast feel I would be highly surprised if it gets an S2 xD So yeah gotta read the manga to know, thanks
Sep 3, 2021 3:50 AM
Jan 2021
Graciaus said:
Ordinarily I would never complain. But whoever decided to air this out of order should be blacklisted from ever working in the industry again. Most of it could be looked past in the beginning but characters showing up that you haven't even met is just dumb. This could have been more popular then it is.

If they aired it chronologically, it would have ended on a flashback episode. Who wants that?
Sep 3, 2021 5:27 AM
Jan 2019
Hooked13G said:
Graciaus said:

If they aired it chronologically, it would have ended on a flashback episode. Who wants that?

Ignoring the obvious, which is that a flashback episode by its very nature could never really be the the final episode in any actual chronological order (unless framed by someone telling the story after the end of all other events), it still wouldn’t be. While it was 95% flashback, the final scene was the nun ogre girl carrying Mikoto back to his room from when he was put to sleep in episode 8. Therefore episode 8, 9 and 10 are actually in order chronologically taking that into account.

That said, I don’t actually think episode 9 would be a bad one to end on (although maybe a little anticlimactic), but I’m not a fucking crazy person that makes up stupid orders and and doesn’t seem to care about having a job again, so I wouldn’t claim it to be chronological or otherwise, it would just be the only order there is that I believe makes actual sense for the story I’ve created, like 99.99% of all other shows in existence that don’t have Haruhi in the title.
Sep 3, 2021 5:27 AM

Jun 2016
what an epic show !!!

i really loved this anime !!
scores just a number !!
Sep 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Dec 2020
TODOROKI KID DIED??? UR KIDDING MEEE WHAT THE HELL

sally and blond guy with the coat are probably related to eachother, yes im saying this because they're both important characters with the same shade of hair

this is the ending ep?? man hope whenever decided to air it like this gets their lesson bc fuckk it was awful. usually its fine and even good sometimes, like (imo) princess principal but this was so so bad
Sep 3, 2021 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
I'm not supposed to know who this Winnie is, right? lol, screw this stupid airing order. I can't remember her at all, she must appear in the last two episodes.
Sep 3, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2017
Sep 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2018
Well, this lost all the hype for the last arc. We already know what's going to happen. The action was pretty alright. The witch, Winnie, is one hell of an overpowered and beautiful witch. That sword was just broken. And he managed to get out of that situation. Sally managed to cooperate with Sumeragi but he ends up with different motives in the end..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 3, 2021 6:08 PM

Sep 2011

Uh yeah, I've seen it. You also list last week's episode as the true episode 12 chronologically.
Sep 4, 2021 4:38 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! i thought we get so see the witch Winnie get in to action...oh well...maybe that's for later...
4/5.

Sep 4, 2021 10:48 AM

Jan 2020
Poor todoroki.

I like Winnie so far and I hope we see her at least once before this ends. I doubt it though

I noticed the very final part of the episode kind of blended in and connected with the ending visuals lol. Very similar stuff

Sep 5, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2015
I’m late to this episode but they really did Todoroki dirty. Just when you thought he would live they go and kill him off instantly. It was right outside the gate, so they must find his body right?

Sep 11, 2021 11:37 PM

Dec 2016
Why did Todoroki go separate ways...he would've been alive now if he joined Sally's group...

Now what I think is that —

• Sumeragi could be a Peach Boy too who gets pleasure from seeing humans and ogres kill each other. He most likely has a traumatic past too similar to Mikoto or he's just twisted by nature.

• Mikoto is a Peach Boy who hates Ogres with all his passion because of that past.

• Sally is a Peach Boy who genuinely wants Humans and Ogres to coexist.

It could be that all three of them are Peach Boy but they all see things differently. I think it would make sense since this anime is about different views and contradictions.
Sep 22, 2021 8:26 AM
Mar 2012
"Scary sword" lol. vs Todoroki lightning saber & Raijin, all Sasuke's moves.
Cool fights each pair.
In Shinki's pov, ya he's selfish, but also quite unfortunate he dissed by both humans & ogres.
Sumeragi a scary troll, rip kid ogre way gorey than usual.
Winnie's great in every scene.
cant believe last order is ep8,10,9 but ok
Sep 24, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Todoroki, he may have killed a lot of people but still kinda sad he died just after joining Sally's idealistic dream. Still him getting murdered doesn't come off as a surprise knowing that he basically discovered that Sumeragi's concoting some sinister plan due to him lying.

Jul 27, 2022 6:44 AM

Jun 2021
Hawthorn got Loli approved..

Looks like there's a back-stabber among the Oni's.. it's literally an Oni's version of Among Us.
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Dec 2022
Sumeragi doesn't mess around. Just as well, that kid was annoying, lol.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

72 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.