Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was fun especially wih Shouta, Rika, and Kanna on their little outdoor adventure.

Oh and it's nice to see more of Elma too. She's older than those kids but gets along with them quite well. Speaking of Elma, she put on a hell of a show with her abilties imo. Animation and chereography was amazing imo.

Elma is on another level this episode.
Sep 1, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was fun especially wih Shouta, Rika, and Kanna on their little outdoor adventure.

Oh and it's nice to see more of Elma too. She's older than those kids but gets along with them quite well. Speaking of Elma, she put on a hell of a show with her abilties imo. Animation and chereography was amazing imo.

Elma is on another level this episode.
I haven't watched it yet but Shouta's father showed up at the company where Kobayashi, Elma and Takiya work?
Sep 1, 2021 9:09 AM

Jun 2019
Elma went out on a picnic with Kanna, Shouta, and Saikawa. All the kids doing kids' things and one of them is Kanna, being cute as always. Well, never thought Elma would be that good with kids. Also, don't mess with Elma. She's a dragon after all. Even after losing them in the forest, she forgives them. Good mom energy from Elma.

Elma is on the path of being the best dragon. :3 The animation once again was top-notch from Kyoani. Their fights get really intense Tohru and Elma... Holy... Basically, an episode focused on Elma and I'm all for it.
Sep 1, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2016
Elma focused episode.

Big breasted harmony dragon ferociously demands better working conditions for her and her colleagues ... in her own cute way. Then Shouta's father finally makes a formal appearance, and he's no one less than a president of the entire company where the trio works lol.

Elma is on fire this episode.

GeanWolf2000 said:
I haven't watched it yet but Shouta's father showed up at the company where Kobayashi, Elma and Takiya work?

Yes.
Sep 1, 2021 9:19 AM

Feb 2020
I'm getting sick of seeing these fucking children, brings the worst outta this nasty ass community. Give us more god damn Tohru
Sep 1, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2020
Very good episode focusing on Elma

Elma vs. Tohru was so awesome! KyoAni did a great job with the animation and choreography.

SerafosJan 9, 10:25 AM
Sep 1, 2021 9:48 AM

Oct 2008

I see they're going to be adapting dat arc next.
Sep 1, 2021 9:48 AM

Oct 2019
Tbh KyoAni is just as good as Ufotable in terms of animation. I wonder what would a shounen look like if they picked up one. Amazing episode!
Sep 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
That was such a blessed episode, I thought they spend all the animation budget on all the new faces and animations and then we get that last part which just showed they had a bunch left. It is absurd how good it gets sometimes.

A whole Elma episode is great to see as well, Elma needs more love.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Sep 1, 2021 9:53 AM

Dec 2020
That was a very nice and interesting fight between tohru and elma also kyoani shows us how good they always are <3.
This episode mvp elma she want her friendship again with tohru.

Unfortunately, the working conditions in the real life are also not always good.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 1, 2021 9:57 AM
Oct 2020
DDLG said:
I'm getting sick of seeing these fucking children, brings the worst outta this nasty ass community. Give us more god damn Tohru
shit is what you said. if you think about these things just because you have children, the degenerate here is you, not other people (after all, there was nothing wrong here). they're all good characters.
Sep 1, 2021 9:58 AM
Sep 2020
THE FIGHT SCENE OH MY GODDD
Sep 1, 2021 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
This was an intense episode lol That fight was unexpected ahah
Sep 1, 2021 10:03 AM
Oct 2020
a wonderful episode for Elma 💙. The Elma vs Tooru fight was spectacular 🔥💖
Sep 1, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2019
I loved this episode. Elma is my favourite dragon and this episode was as perfect for me as the rest of the episodes of this season have been.
Sep 1, 2021 10:05 AM
Oct 2020
their friendship returns 😊
Sep 1, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
DDLG said:
shit is what you said. if you think about these things just because you have children, the degenerate here is you, not other people (after all, there was nothing wrong here). they're all good characters.

uhm, what? sure. yes. i understand totally
Sep 1, 2021 10:21 AM
Oct 2020
DDLG said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

uhm, what? sure. yes. i understand totally
RITSU Beautiful ❤
Sep 1, 2021 10:25 AM

Jul 2011
Was a boring episode, a company that can be seriously being controlled by magic, camp, and action to say that had action.

I hope at least the prairie was restored, because leaving like that, is just being an asshole.
Sep 1, 2021 10:25 AM
Dec 2020
This has to be my favourite episode, we get shouta doing magic like putting saikawa to sleep + blocking elma's clairvoyance, we get stellar action scenes that puts most action animes to shame AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL... this episode centres around my favourite dragon Elma.. How can I not give this a 5/5??
Sep 1, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2021
The animators were just flexing at this point
such a good episode. watching any episode with Kanna in it is just free therapy.
elma finally got an episode with her as the main focus. it is shown so beautifully- the love/hate relationship between elma and tohru; enjoyed every single bit of it.
Sep 1, 2021 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
[/quote]RITSU Beautiful ❤[/quote]

no, you are
Sep 1, 2021 10:40 AM

Oct 2020
Just KyoAni showing off their animation with that fight scene between Tohru and Elma. KyoAni is still levels ahead of other animation studios.

Can't believe there are only 3 episodes left of this. I'm gonna miss this show :(
Sep 1, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2019
Hooooly shit that animation was absolutely amazing!!!! Loved when Elma said that it was delicious because Tohru was with her, so sweet. I liked the first part as well, seeing Kanna, Saikawa and Shouta go on a trip was fun.
Sep 1, 2021 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
Elma demanding for worker rights and improvements? HELL YEA SHE IS!

This episode is all about the Harmony Dragon Elma, and her efforts are all but naught in the workplace, sad sad Elma working VERY, VERY hard to improve their working lives. And apparently Shouta's dad is their director, this has come full circle, and he knows about Lucoa and their whole dragoon origin. Nonetheless, Elma works SUPER hard, and even asking for Tohru's help. Ludicrous Black Company working conditions...

Elma spending her day off alone and snacking on sweets, but Kanna, Shouta and Saikawa asking her to accompany and spend time together for a picnic. Shouta is skillful enough to block Elma's clairvoyance, woah. And that leaves Elma frantically trying to find these 3 kids with Tohru grinning at the back of her mind. Lucky Shouta was able to stop Saikawa from realizing Elma's true nature of a dragon from being found out.

Elma requesting training with Tohru to exercise their dragon powers, while Kobayashi and Fafnir looks onward on this intense fight coupled with KyoAni's spectacular and crisp FLEXING of animation. Setting their grievances and grudges from before, once and for all, for as long as they could beng renewed friends.

Smooth Operator of a fight. Looking foeward to Kanna in New York next week!
Sep 1, 2021 10:46 AM
Oct 2020
another beautiful episode (especially with Elma and Tooru) 🔥
Sep 1, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2021
Loved it! Elma is the best character, she deserves a spin-off
Sep 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Jul 2019
Poor bear, lmao, what did you count on, entering into a battle with a powerful dragon? Shouta is a talented boy and nothing scary would happen with the kids but Elma kinda lost her composure and would even transform a picturesque forest into a "ground zero" only to find them.

That friendly fight struck right in the kokoro, man. When I saw Tohru and Elma lying on the grass and swinging four limbs it was a great relief. It's good that disputes between cute death bringers can be solved through finger flicks and tickling sessions.
Sep 1, 2021 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
This was one of if not THE BEST episode of the Series so far. yeah I said it. I know I am biased because Elma is my favorite Dragon but Jesus dude this episode had literally everything.

The fight was so good and I actually cried a little bit after what Elma really wanted from Tohru.

Now I just need that GIF of her waiting in line Happily for those sweets.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 1, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2021
What, I didn't expect him to be Shouta's father, he seems to be aware of everything, but he's not easily convinced heheh
So it was all for some sweets..... Not gonna lie, if it happens to me I'd do the same thing xd

Poor bear and snail.... They didn't do anything wrong :c

Nah, the fight was a joy for my eyes. I can die in peace now
I'm so glad they made up. Excellent episode
Sep 1, 2021 11:30 AM
Aug 2020
damn kyoani flexing their animation
Sep 1, 2021 11:37 AM

Sep 2015
Elma is such a talented and dedicated worker, her doing analytics, reports and writing within only a day or two is just such a speechless thing to do for how no humans can ever achieve that aside from dragons.

Her going crazy around the forest was funny

And Take can't take his eyes off of Iruru xD

But wow the animations once again are stunning! And I thought they were slightly toning it down bit by bit each episode. And what an amazing way to end off the episode!

Things do change after all holy cow i'm SURPRISED!!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 1, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
Elma getting the love she deserves this season.

KyoAni should just animate an all-action series already god damn.
Sep 1, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Another Elma-centric episode was a surprise, but it made for another nice change of pace for sure. The presentation of Elma's campaign for better labour standards was kind of strange in its use of monologue over most of it, and I feel like that segment had the potential to be a full episode on its own.

And once again, Kyoani just absolutely flex on almost every other studio in the industry with that fight scene. God damn was that absolutely fantastic.
Sep 1, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2019
TFW a SOL's fight sequences have ten times more effort put into them than other action oriented anime airing this season. I'd rather not point any fingers, so if you know, you know.

Anyways, this week's episode was a significant turning point for Elma's character. After declaring themselves as sworn rivals, both Tohru and Elma refused to get along with each other no matter what. But as it turns out, that was a misguided judgement, and one that wasn't true to Elma's personal feelings. So after realizing this, Elma decides to come clean in hopes of regaining the bond that the two dragons once had. All in all, this was a great episode not only in terms of production quality, but also characterization too.
Sep 1, 2021 11:58 AM
May 2020
I love this anime sm ~_~ aaaaa
Sep 1, 2021 12:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha, nice to see more of Elma, I totally understand her for the working part xD the fight scene between her and Tooru looked so great wow
Sep 1, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2020
each episode reassures me that it should be in category Ecchi and not in Slice of Life
Sep 1, 2021 12:21 PM
Apr 2014
The animation this episode was phenomenal.

Like honestly, I was blown away by how fantastic that fight scene was.

They be out be here making better fight scenes than most shonen anime have.

Can't wait to see more!
Sep 1, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
Elma completely lost her composure in the forest. If she only took a minute to sort things out she would've realized that the children weren't in any danger since Kanna was a dragon as well and could handle anything the forest could throw at them. She was too focused on what Tohru would say to her.

Damn the animators weren't holding back on this episode. Impressive!
Janethan23Sep 1, 2021 12:50 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 1, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2020
Amazing ep as always love the Elma focused part with kids…..AND FIGHT IS FKING INSANE KYOANI NEVER DISAPPOINTS
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Sep 1, 2021 1:01 PM

May 2020
More Elma is always welcome, great to see the way she adapted into this human world.
Her friendship with Tooru is something that she always adored as we can see in their fight, with some great visuals. Also it looks like there will be a new character next week,will see how it will turn out.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:39 AM
Sep 1, 2021 1:18 PM

Apr 2020
Great episode as always, especially the fighting scene, such beautiful animation and just beautiful in general. Looking forward to episode 10.
Nina supporter for life💕
Sep 1, 2021 1:42 PM

May 2021
My eyes are blessed, my heart is cured, couldnt stop smiling throughot the whole experience. From labour union Elma, to Yuru Camp Elma, to Dragon Ball Z Elma. Masterful, vibrant, colourful, what an episode. A lesson of coherency, a payoff of build up, completely connected to every single detail. I'm not crying, I swear.
They did a fucking beautiful illustration that was shown just used to show a past experience, oh god

Sep 1, 2021 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
this is as good as a slice of life can get, masterpiece of an episode
Sep 1, 2021 1:45 PM

Feb 2014
I never would've thought that an Elma-centered episode would be the best episode of this second season and coming from someone who has a big soft spot for Elma and her love for sweets, I couldn't be any happier! ^_^

From seeing her doing her best to improve her working conditions, to having a hectic day looking after Kanna, Saikawa and Shouta during a trip to the mountains, she simply made those parts of the episode really entertaining. Same goes for when she was lining up for that limited edition sweets only for 3 customers in front of her to buy the same sweet. Kudos for the guy for leaving one sweet left for Elma after seeing her upset puppy eyes expression on her face as that made her day. =3

However, the best part of the episode was Elma having a battle against Tohru, watched on by Fafnir and Kobayashi. Simply typing words here describing my thoughts on the production quality for their battle doesn't do it justice at all. It's something that I just want to watch over and over again and I'll still be wowed by the pristine quality put into the fight from KyoAni. It's THAT good! If anyone thought that Magia Record Season 2 would have the best animated fights for this season (and year), you might want to think again.

Although this episode was Elma-centric, we did get a tiny segment on Iruru and Take, where she knew he couldn't keep his eyes away from her huge breasts when she felt hot and ventilated herself by adjusting her shirt. The smug look on her face when she saw him looking at her while she did this was bloody amusing! Can I swap places with Take right now?! X3

I do look forward to a Kanna-focused episode next time, as the preview does looks rather promising.
Sep 1, 2021 2:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Happy Elma bop FTW 😙

“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 1, 2021 2:21 PM

May 2021
Shouta’s father really was trying to save money xD. Elma crying this episode and Tohru also crying was quite an emotion moment also. Shows that though they ‘hate’ each other they need each other really. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 1, 2021 2:32 PM

Oct 2019
I absolutely loved this episode, we got three chapters adapted from the manga and they were adapted very well. The first story followed Elma trying to achieve better work conditions for her fellow coworkers when in reality she just wanted to get her hands on a limited edition snack, and they ended up showing their boss. also shouta's dad and she roped in Takiya and Kobayashi revealing that Shouta's dad is well aware that they're aware that Elma is a dragon as well as all of the other magical influence on their world, it was just pretty nice to see all that. The second story was about Shouta, Kanna and Saikawa going on a picnic with Elma and though it wasn't very story driven like most of the episodes in this season, it's always nice seeing some wholesome slice of life moments in this anime and I'm glad we saw this, it was cute and also revealed the three kids relationship dynamic or at least gave us more of it. We also got a little nice scene between Taketo and Ilulu, I enjoyed it, this show is a fanservice show whether you like it or not and one of the things I look forward to is seeing Taketo and Ilulu's relationship develop some more and seeing little cute moments like this is nice. The last story in this episode was Fafnir and Kobayashi invited to see a battle between the two dragons Tohru and Elma, and not only did we get such an epic dragon fight between the two, showing off kyoani's talents, we also got an emotional talk at the end, between the two revealing that Elma really just missed Tohru and was upset that she left without warning and that it made her worry and It was honestly really wholesome and sweet, throughout the season we saw their relationship develop as well as how it was back in their world and we finally get to see Elma's true feelings and why she was so resentful of Tohru before. Overall it was a good episode, and so far I enjoy this season quite a lot.
Sep 1, 2021 2:43 PM
May 2016
Serafos said:
Very good Elma focused episode.

Elma vs. Tohru was so awesome! KyoAni did a great job with the animation and choreography.

Reminded me of the end of Rocky iII
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.