Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 28, 2021 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode but are we supposed to Like or Dislike Toga more after this episode? Like I never knew why people liked her to begin with. I didn't have issues with her. her powers were interesting enough for a Villain but this episode made me dislike her more.
She's still a great Villain but a little over hyped imo. However I do think her turning into Ochako showed how much potential Ochako's gravity powers have.

I'm stoked to see Twice get into something! I think he is a very interesting character.

Shigaraki Thanos snapping people in a heart beat. Boy oh boy did he get stronger.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 28, 2021 6:28 AM

Jul 2021
chitose quirk literally killer queen
Aug 28, 2021 6:34 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah sure they got 100k ppl but it doesn't matter when 99% of em are level 2 Pidgeys.
Aug 28, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2019
shayed__ said:
cool stuff for sure. Not sure why Bones downgrades their animators work though. @Sparkleredpanda posted his rough layout from his cuts and his animation was way better than in the actual episode. So weird.

Yeah it's ridiculous, i'm not sure what the animation directors were thinking

https://twitter.com/Sparkleredpanda/status/1431584323476590593

Aug 28, 2021 6:45 AM
Jun 2021
Si vous pouvez lire le manga je vous le conseille grandement car il manque quelques petits passages certes pas tres important mais qui peut nous aider a mieux comprendre l'histoire
Aug 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
SO WE ARE SKIPPING SPINNER'S BACKSTORY??? OK...STRIKE ONE.

The League of Villains with Shigaraki vs. the Meta Liberation Army with Re-Destro, the revival fight party in Deika City...that like many others, kinda wished that it was done with better animation (that brings back the PTSD of the Overhaul arc in still frames).

Toga Himiko's backstory of the "vampire who desired blood", that was meta in itself, drawing her abnormal fate. The true extent of Toga's "vampire" powers to sip the blood of others and use their Quirks as her own (in the case of using Uraraka's), that's her capabilities.

Shigaraki being able to use Decay without touching his enemies, Dabi against the cryokinesis meta user, and Twice saving Toga, with some of the cut content left out that's important to the overall plot of MVA, this is Strike Two.

Now I don't have any high hopes that MVA will be as great as the manga.
Aug 28, 2021 6:51 AM
Oct 2018
Maxxzs said:
Pranav_Madduru said:
Toga flashback was well done. They are not bringing back the skipped stuff sadly. The animation of this arc is poorer than joint training arc. Bones is overworking their staff. Hopefully they do a good job in future episodes and s6.

Anime onlies after watching this season please consider reading manga atleast for my villain academia. It is a much better experience. For now enjoy the season.

I thought the animation in this episode was one of the best of the season.

Toga’s fight, Dabi’s fight intro.

There were a few stills, but I could count them on one hand.

I think you don't have much understanding of animation then. This was one of the most poorly animated episode of the season, I still loved it though as I'm an anime only and loving the direction in which mha is going.
Aug 28, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2015
So Toga has just another version of copy quirk. Meh...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 28, 2021 7:26 AM
Jan 2018
Nik03178 said:
Maxxzs said:

I thought the animation in this episode was one of the best of the season.

Toga’s fight, Dabi’s fight intro.

There were a few stills, but I could count them on one hand.

I think you don't have much understanding of animation then. This was one of the most poorly animated episode of the season, I still loved it though as I'm an anime only and loving the direction in which mha is going.

I’m not talking the whole episode obviously,

Dabi’s intro fight, Sequences of Toga’s fight looked great to me.
Aug 28, 2021 7:45 AM
Jan 2017
Was it a rushed episode ? Yes it is , they cut out a lot of Re destro's scenes , like the Detnerat company's commercial and when he snapped his assistant's neck ( to think about it , anime-onlys still don't know til now that Re destro is actually the CEO of detnerat because of this rushed adaptation)
They also cut the scene where him and skeptic mourn Curious's death
There is a lot to say about this rushed adaptation , but this was definetly a good episode , The Toga vs Kira yoshikage battle wwas as good as it was in the manga , probably the best episode of this season from an anime-only's prespective
Aug 28, 2021 7:57 AM

Mar 2021
I enjoyed this episode. Toga is one of my favs, her backstory was kind of sad but it seems like she has overcame it and powered up..as she should hehe :3 I'm loving this arc so far.
Aug 28, 2021 8:02 AM

Oct 2020
A lot of insight on Toga in this episode. Hey, would you look at that! Toga's now able to use the abilities of the form she's in. Shigaraki also leveled up his quirk in this episode. The animation was pretty iffy in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
I decided to take a look at the comparisons with the anime and manga. And dear lord. This was very fast. They adapted the 2nd half of chapter 224. When it comes the chapters of 225 to chapter 226. It looked nice a adaptation a bit. The backstory of Toga herself was a little disturbing, I did not expect them doing it somewhat right. Chapter 227, they did skip or omit some things Now, when it comes to Tomura Shigaraki's time in chapter on chapter 227 they did a nice job on it. Though when it comes to the Toga scenes. I felt some of the scenes were not put in enough effort, otherwise from what I am hearing they are overworking their employees. I do not know. They adapted Dabi's intro fighting somewhat nicely. But things are going too fast. I think the art could've been more detailed...
Aug 28, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2019
Best arc in MHA and ruined by the anime. Rushed pace and removed a lot. Super disappointing.

Aug 28, 2021 9:10 AM

Aug 2017
Buaahhh, I like Himiko, I would like it if she would become good, but it seems she never would. Twice on the other hand, could, since he cares deeply both for Himiko and for Giran.

I don't follow the manga, so I can't say that this arc is rushed or whatever. But the fact that it makes me feel empathy for the villans tells me that it is very well written.
Aug 28, 2021 9:15 AM
Mar 2021
The presentation of the story was kinda boring (compared to previous ones) and in addition (this doesn't bother me too much) it has mostly still frames and some weird camera angles
Aug 28, 2021 9:31 AM

Aug 2017
The part where Toga activates Uraraka's quirk and the buildup to that made me cry and jump up from hype. Yeah i agree the animation isn't the best but that scene was amazing.
Aug 28, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2018
TOGA THE MOST BADASS OF THE BADASSES

In my opinion, Boku no Hero has the best villains of Shounen anime, I'm not even a huge fan of the Shounen genre myself, because most anime of that genre feels really dragged out and they have a lot of episodes, but BNHA just hits different, the characters on it aren't annoying like Luffy or anything like that, and the villains aren't cliche bad guys that are bad because they want to be bad, all of them have a great background story and ever since I saw Toga on the 3rd Season, she has become one of the best villains out there.

People aren't liking this season, the scores of the reviews are pretty low and everyone is just saying the manga is better and that this is fast paced, but in my opinion, the pacing is really good, I don't think it needs to be slower or more detailed than this, actually I stopped reading the manga because in my opinion it was pretty boring and the anime always did a better job, but I might start reading it again because this season is actually making me hyped, which didn't happen with the 4th season. Just sad that the animation isn't as good as it was on 1-3 seasons, everything else, is pretty nice, characters like Endeavor and more importantly, the villains, are getting developed.

TL;DR this episode was epic for someone who loves the villains of BNHA(aka me).

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aug 28, 2021 10:02 AM
Nov 2019
Whomever is in charge of season 5 should be fired.💀
Bones might be the only Studio that Downgrades they're sakuga, don't get me started with that Shigaraki scene and Background Art. Plus the don't even use most of Hayashi ost.
Aug 28, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2011
Luxeraph said:
Don't remember if this was shown before or it'll be later on but could someone tell/spoil me when was it that Toga saw that bloody Deku? Was it during the slime incident or before and if so who got him all bloody?
Well, Toga met Deku the first time at the training camp. If you’re wondering about the flashback about Toga, we don’t know who that is.
Aug 28, 2021 10:10 AM
Sep 2015
Villain vs Villain, or Evil vs Evil, is always more exciting than the usual good vs. evil, and this episode is not an exception. But I've to complain that it takes hero aca too long to come up with this.
Aug 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
One of the better episodes of the season, but too little too late. The season has been a slog, and I think my interest in the franchise has run dry.
Aug 28, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2020
Great episode, Toga backstory was done well. On the other hand, I'm disappointed by how they "animated" Shigaraki killing all those soldiers.

I'm more excited for next episode because Twice's improvement is the best on the league.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 28, 2021 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
TweedleDane said:
And it is a shame , because the content they are adapting right now seems to be very interesting . think i might just give it one more ep before i take a peek at the manga.

I'd recommend you to do that. It's worth and one of the favorite arcs for manga readers by consensus.
Aug 28, 2021 10:49 AM
Nov 2019
While I liked this episode, man they are just speeding right the fuck through this arc. We had the backstory of the Liberation Army and Destro, everything with Toga(which could have been its own episode), the start of Dabi's fight, the start of Shigaraki's flashbacks, and start of Twice's fight. The pacing of this whole season has been garbage.
Aug 28, 2021 11:06 AM
Jul 2020
I really like this season so far. Of course the beginning was a bit slow but it picked up the pace and got into the main plot. I've seen people drop the show just based off the first couple episodes. I'm currently caught up with the manga and things only get better and the stakes become extremely high. This season feels like a nice warmup. I'm really looking forward to see everything animated so don't loose hope anime-only watchers! Have a nice day :)

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiAug 29, 2021 10:35 AM
Aug 28, 2021 11:56 AM

Nov 2020
Ehh I'm starting to consider jumping to the manga, this episode felt pretty rushed. On one hand, I want to continue enjoying this adaptation as I've really liked the show overall, warts and all. But it's gotten to a point where the flaws are harder to ignore and I can't fully enjoy the story anymore knowing what we're missing out on. Too many red flags on Bones' part, like I was fine with them stretching out certain arcs before and adding some original content as this is a long running shounen. But then they go ahead and do the opposite with MVA by cramming it just because our main characters aren't present? Makes earlier episodes like the Hellish Todoroki Family and the beach one more annoying. Not to mention the movie that caused this whole switch-aroo in the first place. I guess I'm at a point where I'm too conflicted with the anime so I may as well jump to the source material to still enjoy the story in some fashion.
Are ya winning, diners?
Aug 28, 2021 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
My god what an incredible episode Toga wounded with attacks was very tense everything in the fights I never thought she was defeated very easily, her past is very sad what she became is tense with the murder at the College, one thing what stood out was her drinking the blood of the victim and the bird she has had this way since she was a child.
Aug 28, 2021 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
Yeah it was pretty obvious last episode but it's useless to try and deny it now : the anime is doing a strong disservice to the manga's story.

Redestro isn't even a character in the anime, they cut his introductio and his monologue after Curious' death. Like, it not just about being "uglier" than the manga, it's straight up character assassination at this point, the story isn't even being told correctly ffs.

It's rushed, while it didn't actualy cut much from the Toga fight itself, it didn't give it a single moments to actually breath and create a mood, and with the ugly background and non existant lighting it's simply not efficient at conveying the manga's emotions.

And I'm tring to be nice to the visuals because they've been pretty consistent this season but nah I don't think it looked great, every cool cut was filled with still frames that killed any momentum they tried to create.

You probably know it by now and even more probably sick of hearing it, but if you're even slightly interested in MHA's story, go read the manga.
Aug 28, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
its not as exciting when i first read it in the manga lol

and in the manga they call it Quirk Evolution rather than just a simple Power Up
Aug 28, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2018
Toga got a power up, she's able to use the quirk of the person's blood she drank.
Anyway, her backstory was done pretty well. The anime skipped some dialogues and the ''Kid's commercial'' or how do I call it from ReDestro.
Can't wait for Gabi's fight against the Ice man. It was HEAT in the manga.

It's time for Twitch to go NUTS.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 28, 2021 2:12 PM

Aug 2013
Glad I read the manga alongside the anime; this episode did have the impact but select frames of Toga's face were much more intense and dramatic in the manga which conveyed the message clearly. Re-Destro still didn't get his proper set up chapter or something at least in a flashback; nevertheless, Twice's focus better hit.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Jun 2019
Wow I forgot that this series can actually be good! It’s been forever since an interesting arc so I’m glad Bones is actually trying now.

I’m not buying Toga and Shiguraki having superhuman speed and athleticism when it has nothing to do with their quirks. How can they just run away from being surrounded or make superhuman jumps? Does nobody in the MLA have any range attacks either?

I’m glad we are betting development and backstories for the League characters but them killing all of these MLA soldiers is too much to buy.
Aug 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Oct 2020
This was a great episode. Even with all the cut content, S5 is becoming better thanks to this arc, and I'm all for it. I also noticed that I was completely invested in this episode. The fights were well handed, and I really liked Toga's backstory. All in all, 9/10 episode.
I am now obsessed with prinz eugen
Aug 28, 2021 3:37 PM
Dec 2020
Thank god Toga killed thay wannabe jornalist
Annoying as hell
Aug 28, 2021 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
I'm just numb at this point. It's so rushed, and that epic Shiggy scene was relegated to a fucking still. I really hope MVA can get a proper adaptation one day, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Aug 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
Fax001s said:
shayed__ said:
cool stuff for sure. Not sure why Bones downgrades their animators work though. @Sparkleredpanda posted his rough layout from his cuts and his animation was way better than in the actual episode. So weird.

About how to get by at all I wager. What's posted there is a rough layout ( a very ambitious one at that ) meaning it's at the very early stages of the production cycle. Horrid schedule and lack of animators to clean this up are probably only two of many reasons why this had to be trimmed down to the essentials of getting this scene across at all.
Aug 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2017
Still Frames Academia
Are You Still Here Academia
Are You Still Watching Academia
Toga Backstory Welldone Academia
Rushed Academia?
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Aug 28, 2021 4:32 PM
Feb 2021
nick_kun said:
Bruh, i never expected still frames in MVA. Like i already have seen those in manga. Studio Bones, step up!

I would've loved to have seen the shigaraki decay animated. Sadly all we got was a manga panel.
Aug 28, 2021 4:39 PM
Feb 2021
Villains > Heroes
Aug 28, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2020
I liked it more than last week. The focus on toga + the flashback was nice and there was some dope moments. Toga's evolution is pretty good too

Though the arc does still feel it could be better in the anime.

Aug 28, 2021 4:50 PM

Sep 2019
Liked the Toga episode, it was nice a little bit of her backstory. I hope they show more of it later.
Aug 28, 2021 5:00 PM

Jul 2013
I've been waiting for a Toga-focused episode! This episode was great
Aug 28, 2021 5:27 PM

Jul 2019
Fappa said:
Fax001s said:

About how to get by at all I wager. What's posted there is a rough layout ( a very ambitious one at that ) meaning it's at the very early stages of the production cycle. Horrid schedule and lack of animators to clean this up are probably only two of many reasons why this had to be trimmed down to the essentials of getting this scene across at all.

I think the problem might be the lack of inbetween animators, schedule was very good for the first cour but i'm not sure about this particular episode, so yeah, that could also have been a problem.
Aug 28, 2021 5:38 PM
Mar 2018
come on guys it wasn't even that bad your acting like a 10/10 arc is getting a 5/10 adaption, it's an 8/10 arc getting a 7/10 adaption yea it sucks a little but everyone is overreacting
Aug 28, 2021 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
Just 4 more episodes of Season 5 left, I'm really looking forward to the next episode because Twice is one of my favorite characters.
Aug 28, 2021 7:59 PM

Dec 2018
This entire arc is some of MHA's finest, and I am loving the adaptation so far.

Season 6 is going to be such a wild ride, but right now, the sad man's parade awaits us!

Anime onlys: the best is yet to come.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Aug 28, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
Finally some actual dark stuff in BnHA! Toga's backstory as well as her psychopathy were executed quite nicely.

Quite interesting episode overall. Looking forward to some Twice angst next week.

P.S.: Little Toga sucking that dead bird dry looked lowkey adorable.
Aug 28, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
So we got more background about the Liberation army and Destro and how all of it actually started when people developed quirks. I could be wrong but I guess there's definitely a lot more information for us anime only watchers.

This episode was very action packed and to see more about Toga's past was interesting but at the same time disturbing. I knew she was crazy but damn that went onto a whole new level of craziness. I mean just her facial expressions alone speak for itself. But Chitose is obsessed with Toga and getting more information about her past and how she became the person she's now. I was actually surprised by Toga and Shigaraki progress with their quirks. Especially Shigaraki is even more scarier if he doesn't even need to touch people to kill them.

It doesn't look good for our villains and it will still take some time until Gigantomachia will appear.

Seems like next episode Twice gets the spotlight. With the last 4 episodes I wonder if they will do this with all the villains. Nonetheless should still get interesting.

Aug 28, 2021 8:56 PM

Oct 2016
Man, I am mad disappointed that they cut out the ReDestro commercial and the scene that comes after that, I feel like that was such an important part in establishing ReDestro's character plus some other ReDestro scenes. They shafting my boy.

The Toga parts were really great though. It's just a shame, the adaptation is not bad by all means, but it's not amazing either, it's just ok I guess. Still hyped for Sad Man's Parade though, I am sure they'll do that well like Toga's.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.