Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 15, 2021 4:25 PM
Feb 2020
I loved this episode, this time we really had a fair amount of new content and we finally know where Satoko got the gun she used in nekogoroshi-hen.
Vector5003Jul 15, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 15, 2021 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Satoko learning how to use a gun already and very suspicious she actually used all her uncle's money on the prize which had a good interesting moment in the episode.
Jul 15, 2021 5:38 PM

Apr 2008
I sure do hate studying. Welp, time to train for years to be a master marksman. Ohohoho~ how clever I am.

I just don't... Why? Or here's another idea, use that pile of money to pay someone to do your homework. Is that not convoluted enough for you? Just absolutely anything other than extended torture. Such a train wreck.
Jul 15, 2021 5:39 PM

Sep 2020
So like... how did Satoko inject H-170 into Mion without her noticing?

Welp, most of the mysteries have been solved now at this point.
We not only see the gun at the end of Watadamashi, but also at the end of Nekodamashi when Rika (almost) corners Satoko.

Teppei is helping Satoko now for some inexplicable reason, so the ending Tatadamashi (anime) can easily be put together.

Honestly, the only mystery remaining now is how this thing even has a higher mean score than the OG Higurashi.
NekoArc666Jul 15, 2021 5:43 PM
Jul 15, 2021 6:05 PM

Aug 2019
Hulio said:
Ohmena said:
Most of them didn't notice LOL
"[...]She said that she only realized that she had been wounded by a needle when she saw the aggressor skewer another woman's body on the same sidewalk, moments after skewering her." (google translated)
Smh.
Well people are different and might just disregard it. Like being bumped but at the same time stabbed with the needle. Guess it was a small then, no way they wouldn't notice something the size of in the episode xD

Personally, I think I would always notice if someone came to poke me.
When you see ppl talking about a case in your country in the middle of nowhere lol. I remember this case, there were a lot of attacks, ppl were medicated with anti-hiv cocktails. Well, safer than in Rio where there was a time they were stabbing people randomly in downtown ._.
Jul 15, 2021 6:54 PM
Dec 2020
Lil-Bird said:
Animesh5877 said:
I think she didn't inject her, rather she mixed the H173 in her drink. I went to watch episode 5 of Gou and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed H173 in one of them and gave that to Mion. As well in the end, they showed the vending machine first and then the syringe hinting it. So maybe that's the case.

The parasite's supposed to be coursing through the bloodstream as it makes its hive in the brain, though. I know the stomach lining is thin enough for something like alcohol to seep into the bloodstream, but how does a parasite do that, too? And I thought consuming the infected directly is supposed to act as creating antibodies? Does it "not count" if you consume it outside of the human body?

Well parasites can be transferred through drinks, like pathogenic protozoans do. And H173 is a drug developed by Takano Miyo to develop Hinamizawa syndrome in anyone's body. So yes it can do.

About antibodies, they already mentioned that the only antibody is the queen carrier or 'Rika' in perticular. Irie made a drug by the help of Rika which worked successfully on Satoko and she recovered from L5 to L3. Even when the people in the clinic were vaccinated they still developed Hinamizawa syndrome(ex- Takano Miyo).
Have a good day 😁😁
Animesh5877Jul 15, 2021 7:24 PM
Jul 15, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2020
Si1verR0se said:
Animesh5877 said:
Today's episode was really good. Now I can imagine how much Satoko hates studying that she learned how to use a gun but didn't touch a book for Rika's Sake😂😂. Well her obssession with Rika is justified though as Rika herself told that She is the one who filled the void for Satoko after Satoshi left in Kai. And as far as we know Satoko she will do whatever she can to win without compromising anything.

People wondering how Mion didn't notice Satoko injecting her. Well I think she didn't inject her rather she mixed H173 in Mion's drink. I went to watch Gou episode 5 after this and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed it in one and gave it to Mion. And in the end as well makers showed the drink first and then the syringe. So maybe that's the case.

"You think", and that's exactly the problem. It's not "basing on X and Y, you can understand that Z happened" it's "I think Z happened". Because writers doesn't even bother with this shit

Why my thinking is exactly the problem😅. Well they didn't exactly showed how Satoko gave H173 to Mion, but they like hinted it(its a psychological supernatural thriller afterall). So I just wrote the possible outcome. They hinted in the end towards the Vending machine mainly focusing on the blue drink and then the syringe lying there. They even showed in Gou that they had the same drinks. Isn't this how a mystery anime works sometimes like,unexplained but explained.
Well you are also free to question them though. Even if you don't agree with me that's completely okay, as they didn't show how she exactly gave the drug to Mion.
I just wrote the possibility how it might had worked cuz I thought this might help someone who is questioning or confused to get their answer. They can agree as well as disagree as I'm not an official, but I thought this might help them to understand it better. Well if I wrote something wrong then I'm really sorry.
Have a good day😁😁
Jul 15, 2021 8:05 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, Mion's arc.
It's been a while, huh?

Let's see if Higurashi When Nothing Happens can surprise me.
Jul 15, 2021 8:12 PM
Dec 2020
Hulio said:
Well, I guess it was decent, for the most part atleast.
Made me think that this is what GOU should have been like.

However...
First of all, I don't really see the point of having to show Teppei and this whole getting the gun thing.
If Satoko can just go and yoink the H173 from the clinic, why not just get one of the guns in the process?

Honestly, wouldn't it actually have been cool if Satoko used Takano's gun?

Secondly that syringe thing... was just stupid.

Lastly... I lost the count already... how many fucking times have we seen this game tournament now? 6? This getting close to endless eight smh.

Animesh5877 said:
People wondering how Mion didn't notice Satoko injecting her. Well I think she didn't inject her rather she mixed H173 in Mion's drink. I went to watch Gou episode 5 after this and noticed that Mion and Satoko had the same drink, so she must have mixed it in one and gave it to Mion. And in the end as well makers showed the drink first and then the syringe. So maybe that's the case.
Don't know exactly how and what type of pathogen this is or how it works, but in theory that could be true.
However, I doubt it.
Usually the medicines/drugs/whatever which you need to inject with a syringe, work differently if at all when you ingest them.
If it was that easy to use, I doubt they'd only use the syringe.

Ohmena said:
A thing like that happened in my country back in 2016. A random dude literally walked around the city injecting infected needle in other people.
And they didn't notice?

The pain depends on how far the needle enters your body, what kind of needle is and which is the component being injected. As for the last, H173 is a fictional component, so we can assume is something that won't hurt after being injected.
Yes part of the pain depends on the depth of the injection, however we are talking of very small... distances. And the length of the needle we saw, I'd imagine it would be extremely difficult to control. (And no Satoko didn't loop many times until she succeeded, there was no finger snapping)
As for the component, even if it was something that wouldn't hurt in itself, you're DEFINITELY going to feel 5ml of anything entering your body.

Remembering that the injection that hurts the most is the intramuscular (inside the muscle). We don't know the kind of injection H173 is, but assuming that Mion haven't felt anything after being injected with it, we can say it is [probably] an intradermal (skin) one, for being the less painful. I am pretty sure Satoko doesn't give a fuck about which kind of injection is, she just stuck it in Mion's ass and throw away.
The theory is somewhat correct but not quite there. But did you see the size of that fucker?
That is not an intradermal syringe, and you're not injecting 5ml of liquid intradermally. Also skin has feelings too.

Why the hell are you complaining about a injection that probably felt like a mosquito bite.
Yeah... I think the diameter of that needle was many many times bigger than the... uhh... Mosquito's needle. And also injecting the mass equivalent of hundreds of mosquitoes inside your body...
Yeah I don't think it would feel like a Mosquito bite.

Well the drug was developed by Takano Miyo and they never needed to use it in any other form than the syringe as they were experimenting it in the lab, so they never needed to use it any other way.
And they even developed that thing in different forms as well like to spread through gas and all. Hinamizawa syndrome is really something interesting. I wish they could explain it in more detail but they can't afterall. It's an anime and if they start explaining about the drug and syndrome then it will take like hundreds of episode to explain it, but they explained some basics afterall that is needed to the plot. Let's see what happens next..... This is getting really exciting, I can't wait for the episode where Rika found out about Satoko. But I also want to know how Satoko did everything. Teppei appearing in wataakashi was a complete surprise. I can't wait for the next episode.....😖😫.
Hope you are enjoying as well. Have a good day 😁😁.
Jul 15, 2021 9:09 PM
May 2019
Si1verR0se said:
Animesh5877 said:
Today's episode was really good. Now I can imagine how much Satoko hates studying that she learned how to use a gun but didn't touch a book for Rika's Sake😂😂. Well her obssession with Rika is justified though as Rika herself told that She is the one who filled the void for Satoko after Satoshi left in Kai. And as far as we know Satoko she will do whatever she can to win without compromising anything.

"You think", and that's exactly the problem. It's not "basing on X and Y, you can understand that Z happened" it's "I think Z happened". Because writers doesn't even bother with this shit

It's called interpretation? Ryukishi doesn't need to hold your hand on every little thing, why assume that Mion was even injected. Since it is never shown, it's left up to the audience to theorize, that's kinda the point lol
Jul 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
Animesh5877 said:
Well the drug was developed by Takano Miyo and they never needed to use it in any other form than the syringe as they were experimenting it in the lab, so they never needed to use it any other way.
They actually even weren't experimenting it. It's an "old" drug which was supposedly discarded, but Takano saved it. I doubt they were doing extra experiments on it without Irie or Tomitake finding out.

And they even developed that thing in different forms as well like to spread through gas and all.
When was this?
If you refer to GHD, then that's just plain gas.
If they had something like that, then there would be no need to kill Rika in the first place.

Also what comes to Satokk putting the H173 in the drink instead, there's no need to use the needle for it, all it does is making it more difficult to handle. Or rather, there would be no need for the syringe at all if that was the plan.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Jul 15, 2021 9:19 PM
May 2019
Bio said:
I sure do hate studying. Welp, time to train for years to be a master marksman. Ohohoho~ how clever I am.

I just don't... Why? Or here's another idea, use that pile of money to pay someone to do your homework. Is that not convoluted enough for you? Just absolutely anything other than extended torture. Such a train wreck.

You almost got the point of the show but then used it as criticism lol. The point is that people learn in different ways, you are supposed to notice this contradiction. The point is that people learn in different ways. For Satoko, she just needs the motivation to do it and at St. Lucia's she didn't want to study. Since Satoko would rather stay in Hinamizawa forever to run away from her problems/flaws, she has the motivation to study a 100 years of fragments and train with the gun because she's crazy smart when she's motivated and tries.
Jul 15, 2021 9:27 PM
May 2019
Animesh5877 said:
Si1verR0se said:

Why my thinking is exactly the problem😅. Well they didn't exactly showed how Satoko gave H173 to Mion, but they like hinted it(its a psychological supernatural thriller afterall). So I just wrote the possible outcome. They hinted in the end towards the Vending machine mainly focusing on the blue drink and then the syringe lying there. They even showed in Gou that they had the same drinks. Isn't this how a mystery anime works sometimes like,unexplained but explained.
Well you are also free to question them though. Even if you don't agree with me that's completely okay, as they didn't show how she exactly gave the drug to Mion.
I just wrote the possibility how it might had worked cuz I thought this might help someone who is questioning or confused to get their answer. They can agree as well as disagree as I'm not an official, but I thought this might help them to understand it better. Well if I wrote something wrong then I'm really sorry.
Have a good day😁😁

I dont think you did anything wrong man, the point is to theorize when something is left to interpretation. Honestly, I dont think it was drugged in Mion's drink because if you think back to the VN, Satoko had to inject the cure to the virus into her every so often, it would probably be more convenient if she could just put it in a drink and drink that. Then again the cure and virus may be different enough to warrant the difference. Personally, if Mion was injected with it, I can suspend my disbelief just enough to believe it, the whole point of the scene is to establish that Satoko injected Mion with the virus and that's all that really matters in the end.
Jul 15, 2021 9:43 PM
Dec 2020
Hulio said:
Animesh5877 said:
They actually even weren't experimenting it. It's an "old" drug which was supposedly discarded, but Takano saved it. I doubt they were doing extra experiments on it without Irie or Tomitake finding out.

And they even developed that thing in different forms as well like to spread through gas and all.
When was this?
If you refer to GHD, then that's just plain gas.
If they had something like that, then there would be no need to kill Rika in the first place.

Also what comes to Satokk putting the H173 in the drink instead, there's no need to use the needle for it, all it does is making it more difficult to handle. Or rather, there would be no need for the syringe at all if that was the plan.

No I didn't mean the gas leak from onigafuchi swamp. I mean they developed it in other forms as well. Irie developed some variant of the drug or made H173 from some variant. I read it somewhere.

Well she may have planned to give Mion the drug through syringe but thought it would be difficult so she rather mixed it in her drink. Or syringes are actually very helpfull to mix something in a liquid. Like I read somewhere that bartender uses syringes to mix cocktails. Or maybe the syringe came free with the drug package so why not😂😂.
Jul 15, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2020
Ajax750 said:
Animesh5877 said:

Have a good day😁😁

I dont think you did anything wrong man, the point is to theorize when something is left to interpretation. Honestly, I dont think it was drugged in Mion's drink because if you think back to the VN, Satoko had to inject the cure to the virus into her every so often, it would probably be more convenient if she could just put it in a drink and drink that. Then again the cure and virus may be different enough to warrant the difference. Personally, if Mion was injected with it, I can suspend my disbelief just enough to believe it, the whole point of the scene is to establish that Satoko injected Mion with the virus and that's all that really matters in the end.

Thanks 😁😁
Yeah the Cure and the drug will have different properties. Maybe she could have taken it in other form but they didn't want to take any risks so they instead used the syringe method to give her the cure, and she was the first and only one on whom the experiment was being tested, so they wanted to do it in a perfect way or something or maybe not. Just my theories though😅. They never explained the drug properly, they can't even go on explaining the drug as well as it would take a lot of time and episodes to explain it. Well Satoko also complained in the previous season as you mentioned as well that she doesnt want to get injected every other time as it hurts her. Maybe they could have maybe they couldn't.
Maybe it's left for our interpretation or maybe they will show it in the next episode.
But the thing is as you said Mion got the drug and that's what matters in the end so let's see what happens next😁😁. Have a good day😄😄.
Jul 15, 2021 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
-"So... are we gonna explain how Satoko managed to inject a fully awake Mion in the middle of the street at daylight?"
-"Nah, let's better skip the scene because we have no idea how to explain such absurdity."
-"Gotcha."
Anyways... instead of injecting her, let's just imagine Satoko somehow managed to put the syringe's content into Mion's drink. Assuming one can still get the HS symptoms by consuming said content orally, that is.

Overall, better than the previous three episodes but still kinda redundant (and stupid) in a way. Satoko getting the gun could have been easily speculated and even if the studio really wanted to show how she got it, there was no purpose in spending more than half the episode's runtime on that matter.
Jul 16, 2021 12:32 AM

Mar 2014
even drug addicts know where to conceal used syringes instead of dumping in front of a vending machine.
Jul 16, 2021 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
So maybe there wasn't a switch in Watadamashi, it was really all Mion's doing and not Shion's? I really hope so, I'm desperate for something new lol.
Jul 16, 2021 4:07 AM
Apr 2021
Ajax750 said:
Si1verR0se said:

It's called interpretation? Ryukishi doesn't need to hold your hand on every little thing, why assume that Mion was even injected. Since it is never shown, it's left up to the audience to theorize, that's kinda the point lol

You see, it's an ANSWER arc. If you gonna pull a "I'll leave it up to your imagination", then it's no better than NO answer arc at all.
Jul 16, 2021 7:17 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Teppei slaving for Satoko is weirdly entertaining lmao. That scene at the beginning with Rika and Hanyu was pretty sad. Oh shit it's confirmed, Mion finally got afflicted with the syndrome. I know it's fucked but I am also curious like Satoko on what kinds of affects it will have on Mion, what kinds of paranoia will she have which lead to her locking up Keiichi, I really look forward to that.

I wonder how Satoko managed to inject her though, I hope they explain that next episode or something. Either Satoko put it in the drink if that's even possible or Mion is really just that thicc and she didn't feel a thing lmao.

Jul 16, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2017
I'm wondering how Satoko injected Mion without her noticing. Getting shots for me feel just as bad as a pinch so it can be easy to just ignore or brush it off.

Anyway, it's kind of amusing seeing Satoko with a gun and it's nowhere near as edgy as it is with someone like Shadow the Hedgehog. Maybe it's because the thought of a little girl shooting is scarier than an anthropomorphic animal.

On another note, mayne I cannot get enough of the OP
Jul 16, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2014
Now we got to see how Satoko got the gun and it's quite funny how the Uncle change from the bad guy to a comedy relief character lol

So Mion is the next one huh, alright let start the madness
Jul 16, 2021 8:29 AM

Mar 2014
sKyBlazer08 said:

I wonder how Satoko managed to inject her though, I hope they explain that next episode or something. Either Satoko put it in the drink if that's even possible or Mion is really just that thicc and she didn't feel a thing lmao.

Oh yeah now that you mention it how did she do that ? It's kinda puzzling how she can inject the stuff without Mion noticing
Jul 16, 2021 9:25 AM
May 2021
Ajax750 said:
Bio said:

You almost got the point of the show but then used it as criticism lol. The point is that people learn in different ways, you are supposed to notice this contradiction. The point is that people learn in different ways. For Satoko, she just needs the motivation to do it and at St. Lucia's she didn't want to study. Since Satoko would rather stay in Hinamizawa forever to run away from her problems/flaws, she has the motivation to study a 100 years of fragments and train with the gun because she's crazy smart when she's motivated and tries.

When does the crazy smart part kick in for Evil Bitch Extraordinaire Goutoko because I've yet to see anything.

Setting up magical traps that activate at a snap doesn't make her smart. Setting up basic traps that don't really accomplish anything doesn't make her smart. If anything these parts just feel like they just wanted to flanderizing her character with nonsense. As for HOW she's abused her powers so far, it hasn't made her appear smart in the slightest if none of it is TRULY utilized to accomplishing her true goal. THINK ABOUT IT. We already know Satoko has ultimately lost her stupid scheme that was idiotic to begin with. She lost to RIKA OF ALL PEOPLE. NO GENIUS WOULD EVER LOSE TO SUCH A PASSIVE DO-NOTHING GIRL AS RIKA. HOW DO YOU LOSE TO RIKA??? Don't say she's just a genius who underestimated her either, Evil Goutoko so far has been nothing but a moron from day 1 who doesn't even know what she really wants.

- Simply put Rika is pulling a Luigi and winning by doing nothing while anything Evil Goutoko is doing is just a fucking waste of her (and our) time.

Also when does expanding Satoko's character begin because stepping back and looking at it from an objective standpoint she's only gone from trap master damsel in distress to trap master yandere cliche. Satoko's character so far hasn't been expanded on at all. At best Satoko has been written sideways.

A whole 2 seasons where a character is written differently for the sake of the author thinking "eh Satoko was boring as a damsel in distress so I want her more active" has been worse than bad, it's been BORING and has ultimately accomplished nothing. The conversations around Gou/Sotsu haven't been exactly a blast either or very thought provoking. Just even THINKING about how obnoxious everything is so far, it only feels like a chore if anything lol. The only way to enjoy this is to just turn off your brain and accept it.
Jul 16, 2021 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
First half of the episode was vomit inducing.

Second part at least acknowledged that Mion was the only one to not fall into HS paranoia.

Now Satoko can inject people magically from a distance and/or without them feeling a thing. Sugoi~~ is there anything this little shit cant do? Why doesnt she just magically break Rika as well by resurfacing her worst memories every night? She can do that right?

Higurashi was never an orthodox mystery but at least realism and physical limitations were a thing for Takano. Now nothing matters.
Jul 16, 2021 11:34 AM
Apr 2021
ssjokg said:
First half of the episode was vomit inducing.

Second part at least acknowledged that Mion was the only one to not fall into HS paranoia.

Now Satoko can inject people magically from a distance and/or without them feeling a thing. Sugoi~~ is there anything this little shit cant do? Why doesnt she just magically break Rika as well by resurfacing her worst memories every night? She can do that right?

Higurashi was never an orthodox mystery but at least realism and physical limitations were a thing for Takano. Now nothing matters.

Well, Takano was written by Ryukishi, and worked very hard for her dream for more than a decade. SotsuGoutoko just got herself Featherine(lmao, not OOC at all), as well as received magic from her.
Not to mention OG answer arcs give direct answers, and not "well, imagine how it was for youself, lmao. Not our business. It just happened"

Also, good Teppei is a canon now... Now we have to wait for good Rina, Okonogi, Yamainu, Banken and Nomura
Jul 16, 2021 11:40 AM

Apr 2008
Ajax750 said:
Bio said:

Do you feel there is a reasonable motivation here? I like math and don't like writing. I would not choose one hundred years of equations over a five page paper. That's crazy. That's blatantly crazy. Is Satoko supposed to just be crazy? I guess, but it's not very satisfying when the series was built around syndrome driven insanity.

And that's without getting into why she even thinks this is the way to her goal. My friend sure is traumatized by her experiences in Hinamizawa. What if I gave her more trauma? And made it possible for her to connect me to that trauma. Yes, that would surely make her want to spend a happy life with me there. I am the best friend.
Jul 16, 2021 12:33 PM

Sep 2020
Si1verR0se said:
Now we have to wait for good Rina, Okonogi, Yamainu, Banken and Nomura
Don't forget that good Rina is also cannon from the previous arc.
Jul 16, 2021 1:50 PM
May 2021
Bio said:
Ajax750 said:

Do you feel there is a reasonable motivation here? I like math and don't like writing. I would not choose one hundred years of equations over a five page paper. That's crazy. That's blatantly crazy. Is Satoko supposed to just be crazy? I guess, but it's not very satisfying when the series was built around syndrome driven insanity.

And that's without getting into why she even thinks this is the way to her goal. My friend sure is traumatized by her experiences in Hinamizawa. What if I gave her more trauma? And made it possible for her to connect me to that trauma. Yes, that would surely make her want to spend a happy life with me there. I am the best friend.

I wish Satoko was just crazy. Being crazy is committing murder due to an uncontrollable disease. Satoko isn't crazy and that's part of the problem. She's just an asshole who has shown to being perfectly in control of her own actions while committing terrible acts. Also she's just an idiot for creating a game nobody was playing to begin with. Except her. A whole mess started over a brain dead teenager who took a small misunderstanding and ran a billion miles with it.
Jul 16, 2021 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
OK, so I take it the events of the first half with Satoko took place during the arc towards the end of Gou where she reconnected with her uncle because of his memories of the other Fragments, and based on this coming off the back of the new perspective on Rena's arc it's clear that said reconnection indeed took place at the beginning of Gou's second arc. It's definitely typical for Ryukishi07 to utilise non-linear writing to some degree, especially when the supernatural side of the When They Cry series comes to the forefront, so that isn't too surprising really; indeed, the introduction of the world disconnected from time where "Eua" resides and where Satoko checks in can make it a little tricky to keep track of what is and isn't real and when certain things happen (I had that issue at times with Umineko's comparable elements).

And then we get to the twist for Gou's slightly-adjusted take on the Sonozaki arc: that it was Mion injected with Hinamizawa Syndrome and not Shion (and that there were absolutely no Fragments where Mion became afflicted before this). Presumably that means no switcheroo takes place this time like happened in the original, as that wouldn't make sense.

As for the how of Satoko was able to inject Mion in broad daylight, the fact that we have yet to see it actually happens means one of two things: either the show is holding off this reveal until later in this arc or for a later arc (which would make sense if it turns out she spiked Mion's drink with it, as it would be the first time we would know that someone could become infected with Hinamizawa Syndrome if they ingest the virus, rather than having to be injected with it), or that specific detail is not relevant to the narrative that Gou and Sotsu are trying to tell.

In my opinion, I think it's more likely to be the latter, as the focus for this seems to be specifically on the fact that this is the first time Mion is ever actually afflicted with Hinamizawa Syndrome: beyond the fact that Satoko made it happen, it doesn't strictly matter whether she injected Mion or spiked her drink, as that bit of knowledge doesn't make a difference in terms of the unique circumstance of this arc. The only thing that makes me think we may have it explicitly confirmed later is that we do see Satoko directly inject Rena during the first arc of Sotsu, though in that case seeing that was that arc's way of confirming that it was her and not Keiichi infected.

Whatever the case may be, I do think the context clues are strong enough to discern that Satoko managed to spike Mion's drink with the syringe, as she comes to the decision to do so while Mion is at the vending machine and the camera briefly cuts to a shot of the used syringe discarded directly in front of the vending machine. And everyone zeroing in on this to criticise this episode (and all of Gou and Sotsu in general) honestly feels like nitpicking more than anything else.
Jul 16, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2014
Hahaha Sotsugou never fails to disappoint. Did Satoko really take until highschool until she learned how to properly use a fucking BB gun? Did Eua also give Satoko the power to inject someone with a syringe without them noticing while they are fucking awake? Did they actually acknowledge the fact that Mion never killed anyone in the original arc and how they consciously butchered her entire character in Watadamashi? I thought for sure that Ryukishi just forgot about it like he did about how the virus works.
Jul 16, 2021 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Im starting to not care about this show anymore. It's just boring and I don't like Satoko as a villain, doesn't do anything for me.
Jul 16, 2021 7:01 PM

Apr 2013
she did not just abuse her powers to learn how to use a gun and then have her gun practice reverted with her to that point in time! such abuser of the power lol and all cause of her being selfish
Jul 16, 2021 7:04 PM

May 2020
Maybe one if the reasons Gou Sotsu seems to be how it us is how Ryuukishi wrote it.

From interviews and the VN end of episode segments. I get the impression that Ryuukishi is a writer who creates his story as it progresses, rather than writing with a very specific outcome in mind. Who picks up certain traits or get influnenced by others as he writes.

Gou - and Sotsu seem to written with a specific ending in mind - whatever it is.
Jul 16, 2021 7:18 PM
Aug 2018
Satoko says if he dies after rika he's going to the same fargmen after that, does that mean the way to defeat satoko must be killed first by rika?
Jul 16, 2021 7:35 PM
Apr 2021
HD90 said:
Satoko says if he dies after rika he's going to the same fargmen after that, does that mean the way to defeat satoko must be killed first by rika?

She won't get defeated, "her" Rika just will be lost forever to her i.e they gets separated, or so it was told. Satoko will just pick another Rika, I guess(not that it matters though)
Jul 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! we are near in Mion's shooting spree!!
5/5

Jul 17, 2021 2:09 AM
Nov 2014
This episode was really the Oyashiro Satoko show, but I expect the next episode to be more centered around Mion.

Also, for someone who claims to want the happy days with Rika in Hinamizawa to last forever, Satoko is clearly finding no joy to relieve the same old days forever. She doesn't even seem to feel any genuine emotion anymore, except for extreme sadism. I wonder if her transformation into Oyashiro-sama is costing her her humanity and what will be left of Satoko at the end of everything (she has basically far more in common with Lambdadelta in term of personality than with OG Satoko at this point).

I wonder if her wish of staying with Rika for all eternity will not be granted in the way of Bernkastel's and Lambadelta's relationship in Umineko and their sadistic games. Clearly, the "game" that Satoko is playing right now in Hinamizawa has far more in common with the witches' games rather than the light-hearted club activites she now finds boring and she has taken the pleasure of torturing her friends way up several levels higher from her old traps and club penalties.
Games_WandererJul 17, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 17, 2021 5:30 AM
Nov 2009
I am guessing Satoko was somehow succesful because it wasn't her first time attempting to inject Mion in that scene, hence how she knew all the answers to the card game. Still though that's some ninja type skill to pull off.

Also Satoko can stream snipe Rika? That's cheating! It means she knows all the stuff Hanyuu tells Rika. But then again Hanyuu's power weakened and Rika became all alone in the kakera world which probably lead to her advantage.

Jul 17, 2021 7:07 AM

Oct 2007
episode shows the bad girls, Satoko and Eua clearly have an advantage over the good girls - Rika and Hanyu. Another episode of Satoko doing evil things.. and so that's how she got the gun. Uncle is being manipulated, but he's still lucky to have all that money - looks like Satoko only took a small portion of the prize money to pay for the gun.
Jul 17, 2021 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
This show is so dopey.
Jul 17, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
So much repetition...
Jul 17, 2021 1:19 PM
Apr 2021
It was fine I guess
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Jul 17, 2021 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
matias067 said:
oh no! we are near in Mion's shooting spree!!
5/5
Hope you won't be disappointed.
mikzflava said:
I am guessing Satoko was somehow succesful because it wasn't her first time attempting to inject Mion in that scene, hence how she knew all the answers to the card game. Still though that's some ninja type skill to pull off.
Not necessarily, and I kinda doubt it.

It's more likely that she repeated the card game specifically so many times she remembered everything instead of doing the whole fragment.

Also for a story point, it would be just weird to give us a scene where she injects Mion which she "supposedly" did dozens of times before while failing? at it. Not to mention it would be extremely boring way of doing this.

Jul 17, 2021 4:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Jin_uzuki said:
I guess this episode confirms that Mion has the fattest ass of the Higus, since she didn't notice being injected in broad daylight. H173 also works intramuscular now.

In comparison, I guess Rena has a flat ass since Satoko went all the trouble of chosing intravenous.

Sotsugou delivering the hardest lore I guess.

The real question is now: Which higus got injected via ass and which ones got injected intravenous? I'd say Ooishi, Akasaka and Akane were definitely ass ones.

Lol I really like the way you put it, funny stuff.

This was a good episode, I didn’t know how much I’d like getting answer arcs for Gou but I’m finding myself interested. Wholesome Teppei is something that’s weird but I’m also happy to see, and seeing how Satoko learned to use a gun was cool, nothing like waifus and guns, that’s what I always say.
Jul 17, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2020
noo not mion :(

Well at least they explained why she was the way she was in higurashi gou instead of just a random reveal that mion is all of the sudden eligible. Not that the latter was expected but after what happened to rena, this isn't super unpredictable by any means either

Satoko just gets worse and worse to me. Poor mion

Jul 17, 2021 11:46 PM

May 2020
I wonder.

Did Rena cure or surpass the effects of L5 HS at the end of Tsumi? Im sure she did right, she was getting treated and everything.

Wouldnt this stop Takanos plans? Now Irie and the rest should be aware that there is someway to come back from terminal or near terminal HS.

(Assuming that Takano hadnt already killed him of course.)
Jul 17, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
I wonder.

Did Rena cure or surpass the effects of L5 HS at the end of Tsumi? Im sure she did right, she was getting treated and everything.

Wouldnt this stop Takanos plans? Now Irie and the rest should be aware that there is someway to come back from terminal or near terminal HS.

Didnt Takano already execute her plans tho?

And if she is truly under HS as the game implies, then 1, 2 or 10 people surpassing/being cured of HS wont change anything for her.
Jul 18, 2021 11:24 AM
Jan 2010
satoko training arc
Jul 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
I wonder.

As Ssjokg mentioned, at that point the operation was already underway.
Also, even if Irie actually found a cure, I doubt that would have changed anything.
If it was cured, it would be cured in the utmost secrecy, and at this point Takano was all about deitifying the research. And the only way for that was to make a disaster big enough that it couldn't be silenced.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.