Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2021 11:25 AM
Jul 2019
Mila-112 said:
Matsu_Senpai said:
Great start to the series! And I'm so happy that the school isn't closing ;)
I wasn't happy with the plot from sunshine and the Love Live competition was missing from last series so I'm hoping Superstar can be as great as School Idol Project.

Love Live competition was missing from previous season, because Nijisaki was set little before the first Love Live show from the first season.

Nijigasaki's setting was already when the Love Live! competition was popular, they mentioned on episode 3 that they were supposed to join but due to differences, they broke up. So it's already been years since SIP since that year was when the competition was established. And the setting with the Unicorn Gundam would be at least 2018.

And Nijigasaki is supposed to expand the world of school idols outside the LL competition and having a non-idol MC. But who knows, they may re-introduce Love Live! again in season 2.
nevergainJul 12, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 12, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2019
First impression: There are many changes in the setting, but it still feels like a typical Love Live story. But this time, some roles are modified. The oraange haired girl, Kanon, is the main char of the first episode and presumably the center of the group. But she is not the one, who starts to gather the group and she is not dumb as hell. Keke can partly fit into the dumb part, but she doesn't seem to be dumb, too, just completely naive. For Kanon I really like, that she plays acoustic guitar.
Hazuki fits fully to the part of the late member who firstly fight against the foundation of the group.
For Chisato and Heanna lets see. They hadn't enough screen time measure them up.

For the music: The ending doens't really impress me. Liella!'s first single was completely better with every of their song. It is not bad, But Liella! itself had set the stakes very high! But the song in the beginning (I am not sure, if this will be the opening) was good, even when I still not know, how it will sound when sung with the full group and full instruments.

And one last thing: Did the Kosaka family expand their business area and let her well known daughter have an own Cafe? In the ending we see "Coffee HoNoKA" in the background
Jul 12, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2017
nevergain said:
Mila-112 said:

Love Live competition was missing from previous season, because Nijisaki was set little before the first Love Live show from the first season.

Nijigasaki's setting was already when the Love Live! competition was popular, they mentioned on episode 3 that they were supposed to join but due to differences, they broke up. So it's already been years since SIP since that year was when the competition was established. And the setting with the Unicorn Gundam would be at least 2018.

And Nijigasaki is supposed to expand the world of school idols outside the LL competition and having a non-idol MC. But who knows, they may re-introduce Love Live! again in season 2.

LL in Nijigasaki was mentioned once with one word, too weird for large national show.
You know my LL timeline theory, maybe season 2 prove it who is right.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1882461

Where was unicorn gundam ? I watching idol shows, not battle series.
Jul 12, 2021 12:52 PM

Apr 2019
animefantgn said:
yvsei said:
was wondering why i couldn't understand kuku but then realized she was speaking chinese lmao. her seiyuu's japanese is really good though, wonder if the reason kuku came to japan is the same reason she did?

i really like how there are only 5 characters this time, now they can have more screen time individually and i will actually be able to remember their names. might be my favourite character design in a love live so far, cgi also improved and damn! that ed was fire!

Keke's seiyuu is also chinese
yeah i know, that's why i was wondering if the reason she came to japan was to become an idol just like the character she's voicing

Jul 12, 2021 12:53 PM
Jul 2019
Mila-112 said:
nevergain said:

LL in Nijigasaki was mentioned once with one word, too weird for large national show.
You know my LL timeline theory, maybe season 2 prove it who is right.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1882461

Where was unicorn gundam ? I watching idol shows, not battle series.

Unicorn Gundam on the last episode. The life-size statue in Odaiba which was only there since late 2017.

And Niji characters are using smartphones and there are already VR arcades in episode 6. In the original LL, they were still using flip phones.

So obviously, Nijigasaki is set around the current year. Theory debunked.
nevergainJul 12, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 12, 2021 1:01 PM
Apr 2016
This is the first orange haired center ive liked so far from LL. She's my fave right now.
Jul 12, 2021 1:33 PM

Nov 2020
After Nijigasaki totally surprised me with how different and just straight up good it was, I was really looking forward to Superstar especially since it seemed to be going in an even different direction than Niji went, and let me say so far it's totally delivered with what I was expecting! I really enjoyed the more somber tone (well, as much as happy idols can be) this episode took. Where as I loved Niji for being just a super comfy slice of life, I could definitely see this being great as a somber melodrama.

I'm really enjoying the way this franchise is going! The music in this episode I really enjoyed, and the characters are an absolute joy so far (Keke's Chinese was adorable). Only thing I kinda had a problem with is that the animation seemed kinda... off? but this seems kinda like a smaller release so it really didn't bother me much.
Jul 12, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2020
i really like nijigasaki, and i think this anime gonna be even better.
Jul 12, 2021 2:16 PM

May 2011
Great episode.I already like the kanon/keke dynamic.
''I was dead serious''

Jul 12, 2021 3:03 PM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Pretty fun episode. Loving the visuals and setting for this one and the humor was spot on. Interested in seeing how things will develop for the characters with a smaller cast.
Jul 12, 2021 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
Already a huge improvement over the flop that Nijigasaki was (IMHO)

Great character animation, truly moving musical performances, an actual plot and a character to root for to surpass her weaknesses, great comedy (something that was missing since LL Sunshine). I'm already digging the subversion of gatekeeping the student school prez with a character with a lineage of reknown singers.

Hopefully this time with just 5 main characters there will be more quality time for character arcs.
Jul 12, 2021 5:59 PM
Jul 2019
Kimurah said:

Niji is more of a success story when they were not even intended to have an anime in the first place but now they even have season 2 confirmed for next year.

While Nijigasaki did get the short end of the stick when it comes to their anime adaptation due to having a new team and rough deadlines (especially with COVID), they have a lot more to offer outside their anime.
Jul 12, 2021 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
Great start, had such classic Love Live feeling to it. Very promising given that I haven't really followed much of LL in the last few years.

The art and animation is great, faces are very expressive especially on Kanon. Am I the only one who thought that Kanon is basically a cross between Honoka and Chika?

You can't have Love Live without that one character who doesn't accept school idols at the start, all the characters seem great so far. I think Sumire, Hazuki and Chisato easily beat out Keke and Kanon in terms of design. I'm looking forward to see who becomes my favorite though, my money is on Sumire or Hazuki.

I loved the moment when Kanon just turns back at the school gate and runs up the stairs as the dramatic music plays. It ain't Love Live if you don't run up stairs after all, the song was great too.
Jul 12, 2021 8:15 PM

Jun 2021
Solid start, met my expectations for episode 1

Going in, one of the things that I was concerned was how the VAs would sound, and in episode 1, they all sounded alright. Not amazing, but nobody sounded out of place, which is good to hear.

I like the music school setting, which is different from past ones. It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic of a quintet will work.

Animation, at times, looked a little off, but once the MV part came, you can tell that they are putting their work there, as the animation and the CG looked great.

With Kyougoku/Hanada pair back, I'm hoping this ends up being another good series.
Jul 12, 2021 8:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Funimation finally put the episode up so I have now appeared lol. It was worth the wait tho, that was a damn good first episode, I really like Kanon as the MC, her stage fright is pretty relatable, and I love Keke and her chipper mood as well as her enthusiasm for school idols, and I also thought it was cool that she’s Chinese. The other girls also look great, interested to learn more about them.

One thing I noticed that was stunning in this show is the backgrounds and scenery, absolutely love those. The song at the end was really good too, loved the dancing as well. I haven’t seen any other Love Live yet besides Nijigasaki from Fall 2020, so I’m really excited to see some more from this franchise.
Jul 12, 2021 9:53 PM
Jun 2013
This one episode was already better than the entirety of Sunshine. Super looking forward to the rest.
Jul 12, 2021 10:52 PM
Jul 2021
What is the title of song that Kanon sang in the beginning of eps 1? With her guitar
Jul 12, 2021 11:08 PM
Jul 2014
Now that Funi released the sub, I love it so much so far. I really love the animation, and Kanon's character is already so relatable. I also love the dianamic of the characters also. Though I do hope the "No school idols!" thing passes quickly. I just want the group to form quickly instead of using the first half season one as getting the members to join. The ending song was really catchy to me, probably going to listen to it on loop.
Jul 13, 2021 12:23 AM

Jan 2021
this is the first time i've watched this type of genre and it's great that i've watched this I'll probably add now those alternative setting with related by this anime and I think they were great too, this episode has a stunning visuals/sceneries and a great artstyle can't wait to see what will happen next!
Jul 13, 2021 1:42 AM

Oct 2008
lolz how pretentious! why did they made the title "Superstar!!" are they even sure that this new LL franchise would beat all the previous LL series!?!? LOLZ
4/5.

Jul 13, 2021 2:09 AM

Feb 2014
Love Live! is back and the first episode is already good! The feather already made it's appearance and significance to Love Live!.

I like Kanon's personality, a bit different to the usual orange ghair lead that we had from Honoka and Chika.

The song at the end is good. It's warm, cute and fuzzy. Is this going to be the OP song?
Jul 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Aug 2011
OrangeRafi said:

The song at the end is good. It's warm, cute and fuzzy. Is this going to be the OP song?

No, just insert song, They will reveal OP and ED song next week
Jul 13, 2021 3:38 AM

May 2018
not bad. Stage fright is the worst
Jul 13, 2021 5:24 AM

Oct 2007
Kanon protecting the foreigner when they were being verbally attacked. Actually heated argument between Kanon and Ren. Although having a fight with the daughter of the school's owner is not really good thing to do.

really nice songs!

I'm gonna start this with an 8/10 score.
Jul 13, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
I gave it a 7 for now, because its the first episode and all. But it was good. I like all the girls, they are cute and have good voices, and the fact that they have a foreigner in the group is interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.
Jul 13, 2021 7:13 AM
News Team
Jun 2017
It sure wouldn't be Love live! without a balky student council president, which will eventually join the school idol group. I also really loved Kanon's character, she's cute, has a beautiful voice and somewhat relatable. Not shy but not too energetic like Honoka and Chika.
NioxysJul 13, 2021 9:43 AM
Jul 13, 2021 7:39 AM

Mar 2014
This is actually better than I thought, alright let's get the show on the road
Jul 13, 2021 9:23 AM

Aug 2018
as a huge fan of love live anime franchise
imma say my honest opinion on this new series

first of all, 1st ep was decent but not as good as niji and sip.
I did enjoy it a lot its refreshing to see new faces from love live

about the characters, i love kanon!!!
finally a main lead that have an obvious flaw this early.
After Honoka which my favorite love live character, i didnt find likeable the main leads from other series until this.
I say shes pretty likeable and relatable type.
Also her voice is so beautiful holy moly i think she got the best singing voice in whole love live series.
The other characters are very interesting.

The setup of the plot kinda remind me of SIP and Sunshine
lets see if it will be different as it progress.

i hope this anime wont end like Niji started really good that in the latter episodes will be dissaponting.

On animation, its decent not as good as sunshine its inconsistent in some parts but I LOVE THE ARTSTYLE and CHARACTER DESIGN!

i have high hope on this

SOP-IIJul 13, 2021 9:27 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Jun 2021
mohamadsuryaa said:
What was the title of the song sung at the end of their episode? I'm not talking about our NHK special song
Mirai Yohou Hallelujah. The MV is available on Youtube.
Jul 13, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I’m not a fan of the NHK 2 day exclusivity thing at all, I’ll have to watch the raws I guess.

Second first best episode in LL for me after Nijigaku ep 1, I love Kanon the most of all the MCs already, her personality is great. Sumire and the others we met today were great too. We’re going to be in for another great Love Live season boys, maybe the best yet.
Jul 13, 2021 10:31 AM

Sep 2020
New Era of Love live series
SUPERSTAR

Jul 13, 2021 10:34 AM

Sep 2020
nevergain said:
Kimurah said:

Niji is more of a success story when they were not even intended to have an anime in the first place but now they even have season 2 confirmed for next year.

While Nijigasaki did get the short end of the stick when it comes to their anime adaptation due to having a new team and rough deadlines (especially with COVID), they have a lot more to offer outside their anime.

Well agree, Niji is more like sucess - It is proven by their second announcement
Well waiting for Ayu pyun
In case of superstar we have a subarshi orange hair Mc
Jul 13, 2021 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
DoraemonPure said:

Well agree, Niji is more like sucess - It is proven by their second announcement

Getting a second season isn't a good gage to measure success. A lot of the time the producers have already in plan a second or even third season before the first season even has ended, but keep their sequel announcements for later on for unknown reason (case of Shield Hero). And even series that didn't have any hope to get a second season gets one out of nowhere (case of Dagashi Kashi)
Jul 13, 2021 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
From what I've seen from this franchise is that Love Live knows how get you with a captivating first episode and great songs. Loved the energy and the crazy chinese girl haha. Will be interesting to see Kanon overcome her stage fright. She did well at the end, but that wasn't intentional, I guess.

Art and animation are looking good, but at times the faces have a feel to them as if they were a mix between 2D and CGI.

FMmatronJul 13, 2021 2:25 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2021 6:42 PM
Nov 2018
Awesome episode! Keke and kanan are both super adorable. Love them already! Can’t wait for the other 3 to have more dialogue
Jul 13, 2021 9:47 PM
Nov 2020
Love Live! is back with their old staff the directing of Takahito Kyougoku, OST from Yoshiaki Fujisawa, series composition by Jukki Hanada and chief animations of Yuuhei Murota and new character designer Saito Atsushi who also did the character design from Eve's Kokoroyohou and the concept art designer is from Studio Ghibli that's why the ambiance of Superstar!! is pleasing to eyes

In my overall thoughts at episode 1 since I watch the raw version before the sub version. Character wise it was good that Kanon-chan can do a Guitar and sing but she has stage fright which people happen irl and it's sucks. I like home persona more a annoyed, grumpy and low esteem one.

As for Keke is the squirrel and gremlim yet genki of the group she is the reason why Kanon has continue to sing.

Chii-chan is the resident childhood friend but with a talent of dancer

Sumire-chan is a himedere one and finally...

Ren-chan the student council president and also a daughter of founder of Yuigaoka Girls' High School Hazuki Hana which role by Romi Park. I think Ren has higher standard when it comes to music since she and Chii-chan are both from Music Course.

And as for class system of Yuigaoka. They are two class:
The Music Course and The General Course

And Hana mentioned already that Yuigaoka is formerly known as Jingu Music School so the school they enter is basically a music school with a rich history on it that's why Ren have high standard for this. I am not looking Ren-chan as a generic student council in all Love Live! series instead I look her as a girl who have high standard in music because in KimiSora and other introduction video she has talent for Ballet and Piano as well

Kanon-chan is the best girl of the series. I like Honoka but Kanon-chan stole my heart since the announcement came. I really like her opionated type person but the draw back is Kanon-chan can't listen to others opinion like what happen to both Kanon and Keke before Mirai Yohou Hallelulajah starts. It understandable for Kanon to say that because she has stage fright and might affect Keke's ideal of school idol

Animation wise, gdi Sunrise you give me another fluid CGI and good camera angle animation. Like I said Sunrise CGI is vastly improved it's not out of place and stiff and you can see their skirt and hair are swing like it was draw like a 2D animation. Sunrise really love their doing when it comes to Love Live! afterall

The insert song Mirai Yohou Hallelujah, damn it was banger insert opener I repeat it over and over!

As for seiyuu. I commend Date Sayuri for her voice range I love her deep voice and the way she sings you cannot feel that she is a rookie seiyuu. I commend Liyuu for doing her part as Keke her mandarin was make me laugh because I really don't know what she really says in raw but in sub version I understand it that she was over-excited she was speak her mother language. For Misaki Nako a nice voice and she is recovered from COVID-19 so she can do a dubbing and other activities as well. For Naomi Payton her voice is already good for being a himedere and for the meme queen Aoyama Nagisa did I just hear Arisha's voice? Jokes aside it's kinda similar on Arisha but more strict

10/10 great episode so far
10/10 great insert song so far
Jul 14, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
The background art/setting are absolutely stunning.

I can see the hype for this one, really really good episode and the best first episode in the whole LL franchise. Niji had an outstanding first episode ad well, but this one beats it.

I love the characters’ designs, personalities (although the roles are always the same) and the center head is surprisingly likeable.
Jul 14, 2021 3:36 AM
Jul 2019
Kimurah said:
DoraemonPure said:

Getting a second season isn't a good gage to measure success. A lot of the time the producers have already in plan a second or even third season before the first season even has ended, but keep their sequel announcements for later on for unknown reason (case of Shield Hero). And even series that didn't have any hope to get a second season gets one out of nowhere (case of Dagashi Kashi)

the Niji blu-rays sell really well (at least around 20k copies per volume) even when there's been a growing competition outside and within the series itself + COVID woes... the anime blu-rays were more than 50% of LL's media sales during 1st half of 2021

while it's not your preference, you can't say it's a flop when a majority of people still enjoyed it, we don't know if Superstar!! will even sell significantly better given that they're supposed to have a much higher budget with their anime
nevergainJul 14, 2021 3:58 AM
Jul 14, 2021 4:24 AM

Aug 2011
Kimurah said:
DoraemonPure said:

Niji getting green light for season 2 because success of anime BDs and CDs sales.

Niji Total anime BDs sales around 150K copies. 150Kx70=10M USD. If included CDs and Live BDs sales in first half 2021 probably around 15M $.
Jul 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Jun 2021
it was a pretty good pilot.

Glad i wasn't the only one who noticed the Coffee Honoka easter egg, and i'm thinking about who was singing at around 16 minutes, and what... it seemed like Come Out & Play by the Offspring

Kanon has a very interesting start compared to previous main characters because of guitar playing and stage fright, Keke is probably a little too genki, Chisato (for now my favorite since her first appearance), Sumire and Ren have a too short appearance for early judgements... and it was weird to have a song with all of them participating that wasn't the OP or ED. Obviously Ren will become a defrosting ice queen but whatever her reasons to be anti idol at first are, good luck topping the emotional moments of Eli (and Shioriko to a lesser extent) joining the idol group

Jul 14, 2021 2:18 PM
Apr 2018
Wow, this was fucking adorable. Loved this episode and Kanon was way more interesting than anything I could've imagined. And Keke was soooooo cute, I already love her.
Jul 15, 2021 8:13 AM
Dec 2020
No info about OP or ED given, will they give this info after the end of the series
Jul 15, 2021 8:24 AM

Nov 2017
I really am a sucker for Love Live, lol. And it wouldn't be LL without a stern student council president. I find Kanon instantly likable, she's like a breath of fresh air. Definitely looking forward to getting to know her and the rest of the girls
Jul 15, 2021 12:52 PM

Dec 2016
CrazyFrogz said:
Kimurah said:

Niji getting green light for season 2 because success of anime BDs and CDs sales.

Niji Total anime BDs sales around 150K copies. 150Kx70=10M USD. If included CDs and Live BDs sales in first half 2021 probably around 15M $.

Where are the actual sources for both statements? It's so easy to just cook up numbers and create rumors with nothing to back you up.

nevergain said:

while it's not your preference, you can't say it's a flop when a majority of people still enjoyed it, we don't know if Superstar!! will even sell significantly better given that they're supposed to have a much higher budget with their anime

Where do you get your info about budgets? This is probably one of the most secluded kind of info when it comes to anime production.
KimurahJul 15, 2021 12:55 PM
Jul 15, 2021 1:30 PM
Jul 2019
Kimurah said:
CrazyFrogz said:

Where are the actual sources for both statements? It's so easy to just cook up numbers and create rumors with nothing to back you up.

nevergain said:

Where do you get your info about budgets? This is probably one of the most secluded kind of info when it comes to anime production.

You'd know by just staying updated with the Oricon charts.

For example, the highest-selling song CD is at 44k physical copies and 50k+ if you include digital copies.

https://w.atwiki.jp/keroro00innovator/?cmd=word&word=butterfly%20vivid%20world&type=&pageid=4997

And that's just one of it, there are 6 other CDs.

As for the Blu-ray, they have 7 volumes with an average of 22k copies sold per volume. If you look at the 2021 1st half earnings...

https://twitter.com/alvinlaurentt/status/1410054118547329033

2,356,583,412 yen is $21.5M and at least half of that is from Niji blu-ray sales since their main category is under Video (not Music)

You can just admit you don't like Niji but you're the one cooking up saying Niji is a flop when that's completely baseless.

You can also agree that Superstar!! looks prettier and is getting the higher budget with the more experienced team from SIP/Sunshine!!... while Niji is experimental with a new team and even had production issues due to COVID.
nevergainJul 15, 2021 1:49 PM
Jul 16, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
Good start but I think its a downgrade in terms of animation when compared to Love Live Nijigasaki, or maybe Nijigasaki animation is just great.

I think this anime wouldve been better and uniuqe if they start as a girl idol band. You know, like Pastelle Palletes of Bang Dream.
Jul 17, 2021 1:08 AM

Aug 2011
Gazz said:
Good start but I think its a downgrade in terms of animation when compared to Love Live Nijigasaki, or maybe Nijigasaki animation is just great.

I think this anime wouldve been better and uniuqe if they start as a girl idol band. You know, like Pastelle Palletes of Bang Dream.

Wrong franchise. This is love live school idol competition not band competition anime.
Jul 17, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2007
nevergain said:
Kimurah said:

You'd know by just staying updated with the Oricon charts.

For example, the highest-selling song CD is at 44k physical copies and 50k+ if you include digital copies.

https://w.atwiki.jp/keroro00innovator/?cmd=word&word=butterfly%20vivid%20world&type=&pageid=4997

And that's just one of it, there are 6 other CDs.

As for the Blu-ray, they have 7 volumes with an average of 22k copies sold per volume. If you look at the 2021 1st half earnings...

https://twitter.com/alvinlaurentt/status/1410054118547329033

2,356,583,412 yen is $21.5M and at least half of that is from Niji blu-ray sales since their main category is under Video (not Music)

You can just admit you don't like Niji but you're the one cooking up saying Niji is a flop when that's completely baseless.

You can also agree that Superstar!! looks prettier and is getting the higher budget with the more experienced team from SIP/Sunshine!!... while Niji is experimental with a new team and even had production issues due to COVID.

nice to see the good news on Love Live Niji with those high numbers of cd's sold.
Liddo-kunJul 17, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 17, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2018
Chisato is already best girl for me. Had a strong feeling I was gonna like her before the anime started airing.
Jul 18, 2021 5:39 PM
Jan 2019
Good start for the 4th gen
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.